Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I already said to Fel that this Credit thing is not a good idea...but your reasoning is even more off the rails.
    Its really not.

Blizzard should want all the customers they can, not limit who can and cannot play. Thats shitty business 101.

Someone choosing not to have a credit card and being responsible because they know they lack self control isnt that uncommon, and blizzard is giving them the finger
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I used to buy the physical scratch cards back in the day (before tokens) and those were for 60 days too so i dunno /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Someone choosing not to have a credit card and being responsible because they know they lack self control isnt that uncommon, and blizzard is giving them the finger
    You are aware that this is total headcanon on your part, right? You just choose for yourself to link gambling addiction to the brazil guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Seriously.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO GAME CARDS BOUGHT THROUGH THE BLIZZARD STORE. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ALL
    Doing my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

People saying this changes nothing are wrong.

Did you know there are thousands of business that rely on people forgetting to cancelling their subscription and then telling to them: Sorry, the policy says no refunds.

This is just a predatory business move. No matter how you see it. I mean I'm not surprised given how Activision has been consuming Blizzard more and more each day, but it's really lame.

I always bought the 30 days time separately, I liked it that way... I might not be subscribing as often because of this. It sucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that this is total headcanon on your part, right? You just choose for yourself to link gambling addiction to the brazil guy.
    Ok what about younger people?

Should I tell my 14 year old cousin he needs a paypal or credit card to be able to play a game in 2021? Shit is fucked. Anyone defending this is bonkers

15+ Year Old Account
    Its really not. Blizzard should want all the customers they can, not limit who can and cannot play. Thats shitty business 101.
    But they already restrict paying in Cash, Bitcoin, or anything else they don't accept. You can't barter for game time. You are only making in issue about it now because it feeds into hating on Blizzard or whatever other skewed view of business that you have. Blizzard still isn't limiting who can and can not play here. They are just making it more expensive to pay a certain way. You can still buy game time from the Blizzard store. It is just now more expensive then it once was because it is only 60 days and no longer has a bulk discount.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok what about younger people? Should I tell my 14 year old cousin he needs a paypal or credit card to be able to play a game in 2021? Shit is fucked. Anyone defending this is bonkers
    Anyone who can legally sign up for an account can also legally use one of the accepted forms of payment. Minors can be authorized users on the account of someone who is 18+. Or they can just pay the more expensive game time option. Same as if they bought a game time card from Walmart, Amazon, or whatever other local retailer.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I wasnt threatening suicide, I was making a lame comment at their lame robot answers.

I didnt even think a human would put eyes on it
    Blizzard would have gotten a lot of bad pr if they DIDN'T report it to someone and you ended up killing yourself because of frustration over their product. Like.. next time dont say those types of things in text form?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Credit cards don't work the same everywhere in the world.
    The world does not end at the US's borders and the person your talking to specifically mentioned they don't come from the US.
    Im not from the US dude.

i don't want to catch up with the thread, has anyone bought a token and used it, what are the options on it now?

it used to be bnet balance or 30 days time, what are the options now, just bnet balance?

Randomly imagining problems that other people can have is not empathy.
    Reminder this dude got so mad at blizzard he quit wow
    cause he told them he was gunna kill himself and so they sent cops to check on him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post

Did you know there are thousands of business that rely on people forgetting to cancelling their subscription and then telling to them: Sorry, the policy says no refunds.

This is just a predatory business move. No matter how you see it. I mean I'm not surprised given how Activision has been consuming Blizzard more and more each day, but it's really lame.

I always bought the 30 days time separately, I liked it that way... I might not be subscribing as often because of this. It sucks.
    except they do do refunds on subs, so sorry.
    they are not like those "other buisnesses"

- - - Updated - - -

Ok what about younger people?

Should I tell my 14 year old cousin he needs a paypal or credit card to be able to play a game in 2021? Shit is fucked. Anyone defending this is bonkers
    No, he can pay you, and then have you pay for it as you are his older brother i presume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i don't want to catch up with the thread, has anyone bought a token and used it, what are the options on it now?

it used to be bnet balance or 30 days time, what are the options now, just bnet balance?
    nothing has changed for tokens
    the ONLY THING that has changed is for people who use Bnet balance to buy game time.

tokens unchanged
    reoccurring sub unchanged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post

These are also the people that say "you dont need a credit card you can paypal"

Then in another month or two they could easily remove paypal as well and they'll be in that thread saying "credit cards are free anyway"

Its why they are still so profitable. They have blind whales just waiting to throw money at the screen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    Game time is something you can buy on third party website for less money (~10$ per month), in store, or anywhere.

Sub is more expensive, and auto-renew, but less trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are also the people that say "you dont need a credit card you can paypal" Then in another month or two they could easily remove paypal as well and they'll be in that thread saying "credit cards are free anyway" Its why they are still so profitable. They have blind whales
    You are able to get a card linked to your paypal account so you can still pay with paypal even if the merchant does not accept paypal directly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Reminder this dude got so mad at blizzard he quit wow
    cause he told them he was gunna kill himself and so they sent cops to check on him

- - - Updated - - -

except they do do refunds on subs, so sorry.
    they are not like those "other buisnesses"

- - - Updated - - -

No, he can pay you, and then have you pay for it as you are his older brother i presume.

- - - Updated - - -

the ONLY THING that has changed is for people who use Bnet balance to buy game time.

tokens unchanged
    dude I literally said my cousin. But sure assume its my brother.....

So they want 30 bucks from someone who comes back to try this shit show and leave a week later. Sounds about right from cashtablizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are able to get a card linked to your paypal account so you can still pay with paypal even if the merchant does not accept paypal directly.
    Well that is SOMETHING. But you still should not need third parties to play damn WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that is SOMETHING. But you still should not need third parties to play damn WoW
    You don't need a third party. You choose a third party by not having on of the accepted forms of payment in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't need a third party. You choose a third party by not having on of the accepted forms of payment in the first place.
    They are a multi billion dollar company, they should be giving MORE options, not taking them away.

tokens unchanged
    So, I can still get 30 days game time using a token from the AH then? Because now it's doesn't matter how many you get with the discount not being available.

edit. just read on wowhead that the token from the ah still offers 30 days, cool beans, this game doesn't deserve much more than that.