Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    At least 2 reasons. One is that purchases made with blizzard balance is not new money (despite cashing in an extra 7 euros from the token exchange), so they want players to use their real money to subscribe instead of purchasing the game time (same reason they award the 6 months mounts only for subscription).

Bnet balance should fall into the accounts receivable classification making it the same as gift cards meaning Blizzard can't actually that money you put into your Bnet balance until you spend it on something in the store. Buying something with your Bnet balance or with a credit card should make no difference to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Not according to the blue post you obviously didn't read properly.
    No, he's correct. They probably should've used some examples so people understand better - how it was before for all options and what changes now.

Very shitty change. Why would anyone want more game time options removed? This flexibility is good for players but I guess not for greedy Activition-Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take a day away from my computer and then this happens... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    ??? This doesn't apply to subs, you can still sub for 1 month only (you have to cancel ofc, but you can do that immediately). Please don't tell me you don't have paypal nor a credit card in 2021.
    Seeing as my country has convenient bypasses to such corporate honeypots i have need for either.
    That said it's a hassle i am unwilling to deal with, not a big one but, you know, a drop.

I might be bothered to do it again if the game becomes much better again of course (not saying it's bad currently, just not good enough).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I take a day away from my computer and then this happens... *sigh*
    lol, Yesterday I decided to try WoW again this weekend (after a break of 2 years) now I need to pay 2 months upfront with the risk that I get bored after a few days ._.

I'm not sure I understand why Blizzard is punishing people who don't have credit/debit cards to sub with. I mean this doesn't affect me, but it seems like a pretty shitty deal for that poorer demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwco View Post
    This affect blizzard balance, so u cant just buy 5 tokens with gold and purshase the 6 months of gametime... smart move from blizzard.
    5 tokens = 100$

6mos sub = 90$

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i don't want to catch up with the thread, has anyone bought a token and used it, what are the options on it now?

it used to be bnet balance or 30 days time, what are the options now, just bnet balance?
    Wow Tokens are still 30 days. The blue post clearly states that WoW Tokens are unaffected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why Blizzard is punishing people who don't have credit/debit cards to sub with. I mean this doesn't affect me, but it seems like a pretty shitty deal for that poorer demographic.
    Debit cards only require a bank account. Everyone should have one of those at this point so everyone should have a debit card no matter how "poor" you are.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wow Tokens are still 30 days. The blue post clearly states that WoW Tokens are unaffected.

- - - Updated - - -

Debit cards only require a bank account. Everyone should have one of those at this point so everyone should have a debit card no matter how "poor" you are.
    Congratulations on not understanding what poor really is. I assume you're an American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    5 tokens = 100$

6mos sub = 90$
    and now its 6 tokens 120$, aka more money for Blizzard

And the person who uses the tokens for blizzard balance isn't buying them with $, he/she uses gold.
    Some other smuck spends $ to get gold.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    They obviously did their calculations and decided this will boost margins, which I can totally see how, of course.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Congratulations on not understanding what poor really is. I assume you're an American.
    I do know what "poor" means and even the poor have debit cards in this country, especially in this electronic age where checks and physical cash are hardly being used.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious that many people can’t read.

This is BS. I know plenty of people who live paycheck to paycheck and don't have debit cards.

Good job blizzard!

my sub is on a card that doesnt got any money for it to refresh, so when it expires i send money to that card and buy 1month :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf26 View Post
    This is BS. I know plenty of people who live paycheck to paycheck and don't have debit cards.
    Depends on country. In Germany everyone has the right to get one basic bank account including debit card and banks can't turn you down if you don't already have one. No matter how poor you are.

So if i want to give a subscription to whomever, I am now forced to pay for 2 months subscription, without even knowing if this person is still playing after a week.