Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I think u can still buy 1m for gold.
    Or subscribe and unsubscribe right after.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    They will not be buying one month at a time because it will be 60 days minimum if you are using gold / tokens. If you are paying a SUBSCRIPTION You still have all the options available. Including the discounts for bulk.
    60 days is if you pay with Bnet balance. But you don't have to convert tokens into balance, you can still redeem them directly for one month of game time. That functionality hasn't changed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Thanks for this. I was reading them the same way the whole time.So are we assuming sub pricing stays the same?
    Nope. As a matter of fact, sub price has gone up by up to 200% in several countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

WoW is the only Sub based MMO I know of that even offers online purchases of game time as opposed to buying time cards, every other one requires a sub or for you to go out and get a physical card (or purchase one from sites like amazon)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    WoW is the only Sub based MMO I know of that even offers online purchases of game time as opposed to buying time cards, every other one requires a sub or for you to go out and get a physical card (or purchase one from sites like amazon)
    I buy the cards...but i sure as hell want the option to sub for only 1 month...i dont want to play WoW for 2 months straight in bulks...

7+ Year Old Account

Here is why Blizzard changed the Wow game time options.

I know a lot of you call me a shill white knight whatever whatever, but let me get from the start. I think this change is dumb, but the insane amount of rage and misinformation about it (the amount of people who also think/thought they were removing 30/90/180 for subs) is dumb, and also from all the people who keep saying "there is no reason why this is being changed"

SO I am here today to explain their most likely reason for changing it, and also a way they could have changed it instead that i think would have been a lot better (or at least gotten less backlash)

The WoW Token.
    Introduced in warlords of draenor, these tokens would exchange gold directly into wow sub time.
    And that was it, if you wanted to spend your gold, you spent it on sub time, it was not until legion that we got a bnet balance option.
    And with this a "hidden cheese" began, and here i am going to explain it.

As i said, the wow tokens original purpose was to be bought off the AH and consumed to gain a month of wow time, however if you did this you were originally using the wow token as it was designed, and as it was supposed to be used. But then come Legion with the addition of the Bnet balance option, using this token for wow time now was objectively wrong, a pitfall trap.

See, buy buying tokens, and using them for wow time you were wasting money.
    By buying a token and using it for bnet balance, THEN using that bnet balance to buy wow time you were either getting equal value or gaining value. Some examples

You buy 3 wow tokens as you want 3 months of wow time, and you do to logical thing and convert these 3 tokens into 3 months of wow time
    WRONG
    You were supposed to buy 3 wow tokens, convert them to bnet balance, then use that bnet balance to buy 3 months of wow time, with some leftover bnet balance...

And the big one a lot of people are complaining about.
    if you bought 6 tokens and wanted 6 months, you would think as the tokens main purpose is to buy more wow time, you would then convert them to wow time, but no you were supposed to convert them to bnet balance, then convert that 6 tokens worth of bnet balance into 6 months, leaving you with 12$ of bnet balance, almost enough for another month of wow time.

I don't think i need to explain this anymore but i will for those who have not fully caught onto it yet.

Using a wow token for its actual purpose of wow time AT ANY TIME you were wrong.

This is a problem.
    Having the wow tokens main purpose, the thing most players will use it for without thinking about it because well why would blizz lead them astray, actively punishing them? That is bad. And so by removing the discounts for game time IS A WAY of fixing this, meaning that players who change it into bnet balance get the same amount as people who change it directly into game time. but of course there is other ways they could have fixed this so now.
    https://thelazygoldmaker.com/never-r...kens-game-time (Good article on it. Thx Soulsobreezy)
    How I would have fixed it.
    1. Remove the discount for buying more months at a time. Now wait hear me out. First there is still month to month purchase, and then there is 6 month buy, but you get no "discount" it costs full price, but if you buy the 6 month bundle, you get this 6 month mount for example lucky yun.

2. INSTEAD of the discount. On your character login screen you have a counter in the top left, almost a punch card.
    For every 5 months you buy of wow time, either 1 at a time, or 6 at a time, you get a free month (As it is now if you buy 6 months you are paying for 5 months, and getting one month free) however these months can be stockpiled. So you have a 5 punch card in the top, and a counter. Every 5 months you purchase/play, you get a free month added to the counter, that you can redeem whenever you want. And maybe even convert these months into bnet balance maybe? or use them to buy mounts? Idk don't wanna get too complicated.

But this system allows for players to still be rewarded for playing/buying months, but without the discount being applied directly, meaning someone who buys 1 month, or someone who buys 6 months get the exact same value, allowing wow tokens to be their original purpose again.

And I think I explained it well enough?
    Blizzard is trying to fix a big problem with the wow token, but I think they went about it a bad way, and while the insane amount of complaints are overboard, there is legit problems with this new system of course.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-03-26 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I know a lot of you call me a shill white knight whatever whatever, but let me get from the start. I think this change is dumb, but the insane amount of rage and misinformation about it (the amount of people who also think/thought they were removing 30/90/180 for subs) is dumb, and also from all the people who keep saying "there is no reason why this is being changed"

SO I am here today to explain their most likely reason for changing it, and also a way they could have changed it instead that i think would have been a lot better (or at least gotten less backlash)

The WoW Token.
    Introduced in warlords of draenor, these tokens would exchange gold directly into wow sub time.
    And that was it, if you wanted to spend your gold, you spent it on sub time, it was not until legion that we got a bnet balance option.
    And with this a "hidden cheese" began, and here i am going to explain it.

As i said, the wow tokens original purpose was to be bought off the AH and consumed to gain a month of wow time, however if you did this you were originally using the wow token as it was designed, and as it was supposed to be used. But then come Legion with the addition of the Bnet balance option, using this token for wow time now was objectively wrong, a pitfall trap.

See, buy buying tokens, and using them for wow time you were wasting money.
    By buying a token and using it for bnet balance, THEN using that bnet balance to buy wow time you were either getting equal value or gaining value. Some examples

You buy 3 wow tokens as you want 3 months of wow time, and you do to logical thing and convert these 3 tokens into 3 months of wow time
    WRONG
    You were supposed to buy 3 wow tokens, convert them to bnet balance, then use that bnet balance to buy 3 months of wow time, with some leftover bnet balance...

And the big one a lot of people are complaining about.
    if you bought 6 tokens and wanted 6 months, you would think as the tokens main purpose is to buy more wow time, you would then convert them to wow time, but no you were supposed to convert them to bnet balance, then convert that 6 tokens worth of bnet balance into 6 months, leaving you with 12$ of bnet balance, almost enough for another month of wow time.

I don't think i need to explain this anymore but i will for those who have not fully caught onto it yet.

Using a wow token for its actual purpose of wow time AT ANY TIME you were wrong.

This is a problem.
    Having the wow tokens main purpose, the thing most players will use it for without thinking about it because well why would blizz lead them astray, actively punishing them? That is bad. And so by removing the discounts for game time IS A WAY of fixing this, meaning that players who change it into bnet balance get the same amount as people who change it directly into game time. but of course there is other ways they could have fixed this so now.

1. Remove the discount for buying more months at a time. Now wait hear me out. First there is still month to month purchase, and then there is 6 month buy, but you get no "discount" it costs full price, but if you buy the 6 month bundle, you get this 6 month mount for example lucky yun.

2. INSTEAD of the discount. On your character login screen you have a counter in the top left, almost a punch card.
    For every 5 months you buy of wow time, either 1 at a time, or 6 at a time, you get a free month (As it is now if you buy 6 months you are paying for 5 months, and getting one month free) however these months can be stockpiled. So you have a 5 punch card in the top, and a counter. Every 5 months you purchase/play, you get a free month added to the counter, that you can redeem whenever you want. And maybe even convert these months into bnet balance maybe? or use them to buy mounts? Idk don't wanna get too complicated.

But this system allows for players to still be rewarded for playing/buying months, but without the discount being applied directly, meaning someone who buys 1 month, or someone who buys 6 months get the exact same value, allowing wow tokens to be their original purpose again.

And I think I explained it well enough?
    Blizzard is trying to fix a big problem with the wow token, but I think they went about it a bad way, and while the insane amount of complaints are overboard, there is legit problems with this new system of course.
    Why would you buy a token, to convert it to Bnet balance, to buy gametime, when you can literally convert EACH token to 1 month of gametime directly ingame?
    Thing is now, if they remove that feature, people WILL be forced to buy 2 tokens to get gametime through tokens instead of 1. which can hurt the bots.

A note here: the discount is and was only on the subscription, which you CANT use the tokens for since those are Renewing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Why would you buy a token, to convert it to Bnet balance, to buy gametime, when you can literally convert EACH token to 1 month of gametime directly ingame?
    Thing is now, if they remove that feature, people WILL be forced to buy 2 tokens to get gametime through tokens instead of 1. which can hurt the bots.
    I explain in the document...
    Because if you buy a multiple tokens, convert them into bnet balance, then convert that bnet balance into gametime, you get some extra bnet balance to spend on other stuff.

if you buy 6 tokens, and then use those 6 tokens for time you get 6 months of time.
    but if you buy 6 tokens, convert them to bnet balance, then spend that bnet balance on 6 months of time, then you get 6 months of time AND 12$ of bnet balance.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make bulk gametime not purchasable with bnet balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    I explain in the document...
    Because if you buy a multiple tokens, convert them into bnet balance, then convert that bnet balance into gametime, you get some extra bnet balance to spend on other stuff.

if you buy 6 tokens, and then use those 6 tokens for time you get 6 months of time.
    but if you buy 6 tokens, convert them to bnet balance, then spend that bnet balance on 6 months of time, then you get 6 months of time AND 12$ of bnet balance.
    The discount was only applied to renewable subs, which the bnet balance cannot be used for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Hey soul hows it going.
    And while i agree, that is seemingly what they tried to do and well... The players are not happy about that...

- - - Updated - - -

The discount was only applied to renewable subs, which the bnet balance cannot be used for.
    incorrect, if you bought gametime on the store using bnet balance you also got a discount.

The punch card idea is an interesting one, and I wouldn't mind your changes if they went with that. Would the punch card require five consecutive months to work, or could I pay for three months, take a break, and then pay for two months to get another three?

I disagree that the previous system, using a WoW token for time was wrong, since depending on how much you value the gold, it's cheaper to buy time with gold than buy with real money (or more expensive, again, depending on how you value the gold).

7+ Year Old Account
    it already wasnt.. the 1-3-6 month Additive gametime purchases, did not have the discount that OP is talking about.. Those were, and still are, only applicable to the renewable subs. and those havent been touched in price nor functionality.
    All they basicly did, was make it so the additive gametime is like buying a 60Day gamecard (Which people rarely do physically these days)

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey soul hows it going.
    And while i agree, that is seemingly what they tried to do and well... The players are not happy about that...
    Well cause they did it wrong imo, they shouldn't have removed the options just limit the way they could be purchased. I do agree with closing the loophole (I admit I just clicked the token thing for gametime and never noticed the bulk options), but this is another one of those things where a fix targets too many of the wrong people.

- - - Updated - - -

it already wasnt.. the 1-3-6 month Additive gametime purchases, did not have the discount that OP is talking about.. Those were, and still are, only applicable to the renewable subs. and those havent been touched in price nor functionality.
    All they basicly did, was make it so the additive gametime is like buying a 60Day gamecard (Which people rarely do physically these days)
    Old article, but https://thelazygoldmaker.com/never-r...kens-game-time

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey soul hows it going.

- - - Updated - - -

incorrect, if you bought gametime on the store using bnet balance you also got a discount.
    this discount is specifically for the subscriptions and WAS NOT a part of the specific gametime purchase that they have changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The punch card idea is an interesting one, and I wouldn't mind your changes if they went with that. Would the punch card require five consecutive months to work, or could I pay for three months, take a break, and then pay for two months to get another three?

I disagree that the previous system, using a WoW token for time was wrong, since depending on how much you value the gold, it's cheaper to buy time with gold than buy with real money (or more expensive, again, depending on how you value the gold).
    Second half first
    thing is using the wow token for time being wrong is because if you converted it into bnet balance then used that bnet balance to buy wow time you were never losing anything
    it was always equal, or better to do so
    meaning the tokens main purpose, of being converted straight to wow time is either equal to, or worse off then converting it to bnet balance and then buyying time.

Also idk on the if it would be consecutive.
    maybe i would have it reset if a person stays unsubbed for 3 months in a row? that would be my best assumption for how the system could keep some level of "not just giving free months away to everyone" instead to active players.

- - - Updated - - -

this discount is specifically for the subscriptions and WAS NOT a part of the specific gametime purchase that they have changed.
    Except it was.

I know a lot of you call me a shill white knight whatever whatever.
    There are like 5 people who post on these forums. Who cares what they think.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well cause they did it wrong imo, they shouldn't have removed the options just limit the way they could be purchased. I do agree with closing the loophole (I admit I just clicked the token thing for gametime and never noticed the bulk options), but this is another one of those things where a fix targets too many of the wrong people.

- - - Updated - - -

Old article, but https://thelazygoldmaker.com/never-r...kens-game-time
    Well, I stand corrected.. Even though i never saw those discounts on my end.. But that matters little in the end as i personally just go on the sub due to wanting to be able to pay when i wanna play and not have gametime im not using

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There are like 5 people who post on these forums. Who cares what they think.
    lol, i wish it was that simple. (I mean it is, but people are sad...)

7+ Year Old Account
    I do however really not believe this is the reason they changed it.. As you said yourself, doing it the old way would allow you to just add 1 euro to your account and have gotten 7 months for 6 tokens rather than 6 months.. Which would surely be even more lucrative for the botters.. this way they only get what they actually farm for (not sure if this makes sense at all.... Sounded better in my head)