Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just a reminder... in Australia... they don’t deny you food... they give you a free voting sausage... how fucked up is that... we get no food... they get a sausage... I don’t know about you, but if MAGA doesn’t mean free sausage, it means nothing at all...
    Oh, the MAGAts got Trumps sausage alright. Everyone else, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder... in Australia... they don’t deny you food... they give you a free voting sausage... how fucked up is that... we get no food... they get a sausage... I don’t know about you, but if MAGA doesn’t mean free sausage, it means nothing at all...
    MAGA is the Fourth Reich, very slightly rebranded.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    MAGA is the Fourth Reich, very slightly rebranded.
    It really is - I still feel like we're watching The Handmaid's Tale descending.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sincerely concerned that SCOTUS will not overturn these laws, under the guise that it's up to the states to determine their own voting laws.

The Electoral College may end up being the downfall of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well yeh. But how does changes to the board translate to "Jim crow laws"? Completlety overdramatic.
    I don't understand your point here...

You are ignorant about American law and American history and say "jim crow laws" is dramatic but guess what... you're also ignorant of jim crow era voting laws.... stop wielding your fucking ignorance like a shield. It's a fucking shield of paper.

Australia also has compulsory voting and there's a fine for not voting.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Australia also has compulsory voting and there's a fine for not voting.
    There is a FINE for NOT voting?!?! - That's it, I'm fucking immigrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    There is a FINE for NOT voting?!?! - That's it, I'm fucking immigrating.
    To Australia? Be careful, it seems everything in there is poisonous or venomous. Probably even the ballots, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    To Australia? Be careful, it seems everything in there is poisonous or venomous. Probably even the ballots, lol.
    So basically Florida

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ooooooo...that's right - and I fucking hate spiders and the other creepy crawlers. Guess it's Canada or bust.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm seriously thinking about Australia myself. I want to be as far from North America as possible when the dictatorship happens, because there is probably going to be a war, and Canada is way too close (and would get caught up in it). Plus I have several very good friends there, mainly in Perth and Sydney.

I'm not a fan of big creepy crawlies, but I can deal.

Honestly, I'm seriously thinking about Australia myself. I want to be as far from North America as possible when the dictatorship happens, because there is probably going to be a war, and Canada is way too close (and would get caught up in it). Plus I have several very good friends there, mainly in Perth and Sydney.

I'm not a fan of big creepy crawlies, but I can deal.
    I can't leave unfortunately due to family at the moment, but planning on trying to work on both my passport and a gun permit. I don't expect anything to get really bad for at least the next 2 years at the absolute soonest before it spilled over too bad. But want to prepare for being able to go if need be and had enough practice under my belt with a pistol that I can aim steady if I had to. Been years, but I should still remember the basics.

This is the point where the Democrats HAVE to grow some balls if they hope to keep the nation afloat. And them showing balls when they actually have power is something they have largely failed at in the past beyond just enough to keep us from sinking.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I can't leave unfortunately due to family at the moment, but planning on trying to work on both my passport and a gun permit. I don't expect anything to get really bad for at least the next 2 years at the absolute soonest before it spilled over too bad. But want to prepare for being able to go if need be and had enough practice under my belt with a pistol that I can aim steady if I had to. Been years, but I should still remember the basics.

This is the point where the Democrats HAVE to grow some balls if they hope to keep the nation afloat. And them showing balls when they actually have power is something they have largely failed at in the past beyond just enough to keep us from sinking.
    I've already got my passport, I don't have to renew it until 2024. I don't really want to get a gun permit or a gun, that'd be an absolute last resort. But yeah...even IF the republicans "take over" in 2022...we will still be ok until early 2025, then it will be time to GTFO.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-03-28 at 02:55 AM.

I've already got my passport, I don't have to renew it until 2024. I don't really want to get a gun permit or a gun, that'd be an absolute last resort. But yeah...even IF the republicans "take over" in 2022...we will still be ok until early 2025, then it will be time to GTFO.
    You're kinda forgetting that just because YOU want to move to Australia, it doesn't mean the Australians are going to let you.

Australia has very restrictive immigration policies, for US citizens too.

Hell, even moving to the EU is pretty difficult. It's relatively easy if you just want to live there and spend money, but as soon as you want a job or want to start a business you'll be needing a Visa that would allow you to do that, and those ain't easy to come by.

I lucked out with dual citizenship, but for example my best friend has been married to a Spanish guy for 12 years, and they have a 9 year old kid, and they rejected her citizenship requests 3 times already due to a DUI conviction she had when she was 21. She still needs to renew her visa and work permit on a yearly basis. And the Spanish are one of the most lenient ones when it comes to US immigration.

She's trying to get her record expunged now, before trying for the citizenship again.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-03-28 at 03:14 AM.

So these people cant drive? In rural United States? Lul there's no way there's anyone like that. Can't open a bank account or credit card. Csnt fly. Can't buy alchohol.. like these people should probably think about getting an ID. You people drastically overdramatize the issue. We should get them an ID so they can do all these things. What is the number of people that are honestly unable to get an ID?
    If an ID is required that means you have placed a tax on voting, which is against the law in numerous ways. Therefore if you want everyone to have an ID you better make it easier for people to get.

Or you can just let people fucking vote and realize that fraud happens so little when it comes to voting that it's practically a drop in the ocean.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction

Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source. Trump did not tell the investigator to “find the fraud” or say she would be “a national hero” if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find “dishonesty” there. He also told her that she had “the most important job in the country right now.” A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump."
    Trump also asked for them to come up with votes magically. Seriously, go shill on r/donald where people will praise you for it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

No wife or kids for me, but got my dad on a walker from a neck injury 2 years ago and his stubborn ass won’t move and intends to live where he is till his final days and I have nephews I have helped raise since they were born and their mom definitely wouldn’t and is completely uninformed or involved with the stuff and wouldn’t notice anything long before the point of no return.

And can’t leave them, and even then, I am medically retired from the VA with a spinal injury and nerve damage, trying to break ties like that might be even harder when they use the attempt to cut you off financially.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Europe has IDs for everyone and IDs are also required to vote. That is what I want. I don't really know what Republicans are doing and honestly don't really give a shit, but that's what I'd support.
    so why are you complaining about the title of the thread if you choose to be intentionally dishonest and willfully ignorant, furthermore I bet those EU places also give ids for free and don't do everything legislatively possible to make it hard for the other party to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    so why are you complaining about the title of the thread if you choose to be intentionally dishonest and willfully ignorant, furthermore I bet those EU places also give ids for free and don't do everything legislatively possible to make it hard for the other party to get one.
    If he's so hard-on on pursuing European law policy for voter IDs (that he gets wrong anyway,) I wonder if he'd also be for pursuing European laws regarding guns and healthcare?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    nope... you have to pay for it... id card costs $46 and passport costs the same in sweden... driver license costs far more than that to obtain... furthermore if you don't have an id you need to bring someone to verify that you are who you claim you are to obtain an id... if you don't have relatives or a partner you will have a lot of trouble getting it if you don't already have one... if they don't have an id themselves, they can't vouch for you either...
    Technically I believe you can get the drivers licence for not that much more. If during working hours it'll go to 1205 SEK for the licensing exams. Including the photograph for your license.
    But this is mostly just me being semantic, since it's practically impossible to manage without lessons from a trained instructor. But it is still possible for some privileged gits.
    - Lars

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    cost me like $1400 in total to get it...
    Same for me, or rather, I paid far more because that fucking written exam screwed me over hard several times. But technically the lessons and all that aren't a needed cost of the licence. I know a (very) small group who ~15-10 years ago still managed to get their license without a single paid lesson. But yeah, for most people you are right. They will need to pay more.
    But the driving lessons aren't a part of the license itself, they are just a system added ontop of it that ought to get ... far better regulation and cut down to size when it comes to costs.
    - Lars

What if Georgia had a really big company that already made bottled water and could commit to distribute water free to everyone voting on Election Day. A company so big, and prominent, and important to Georgia that it wouldn't be criminally prosecuted.

Any ideas?������
    https://twitter.com/marceelias/statu...468768256?s=19

Love this. Just for people not familiar, Coke-a-Cola's corporate headquarters is in Georgia.

To be clear, the biggest problem is giving the legislation power to oversee the votes instead of the Secretary of State.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!