Thread: [TV] Invincible

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The Atom_eve special... honestly i do not care about her character at all... she is boring as hell.
    Th good thing about invincible are the bloody fights. Atom Eve and his girlfriend just... added nothing really. His girlfriend at least gave him a bit of cognitive dissonance between being a hero and a boyfriend to a girl who doesn't know anything about his other life.
    Its almost like even super heroes have thoughts and feelings. Name one single hero that doesn't have an extended circle of family and friends. Its almost like that's what separates them from the bad guys.

Eve also has one of the most fucked up hero origins of any character I can think of. Makes Invincible's look tame in comparison. Let's see if they pull that punch in the special.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Its almost like even super heroes have thoughts and feelings. Name one single hero that doesn't have an extended circle of family and friends. Its almost like that's what separates them from the bad guys.

Eve also has one of the most fucked up hero origins of any character I can think of. Makes Invincible's look tame in comparison. Let's see if they pull that punch in the special.
    I haven't read the comics, I'll have to look that up now. Oh wow yeah that's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I haven't read the comics, I'll have to look that up now. Oh wow yeah that's fucked up.
    I just watched the special. I recall Eve's parents were... less nice in the comics.

Lance Reddick voiced the bad guy! Worth it for that reason alone.

What?^^
    Why would i? I did not even argue against that point you try to force me to conceed with that weirdly accusatory question.
    That one gay friend was an intersting character imho. And his mother of course too. The whole show was primarily about family dynamics. With blood and murder of course.
    Eve still is boring, Can't change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I read one in the wiki, is THAT fucked considered the hq... Punisher and Spawn are way worse imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Atom-Eve show worth a watch, or does it count towards season two of invincible? Wondering if its one I should watch or give a miss.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

What?^^
    Why would i? I did not even argue against that point you try to force me to conceed with that weirdly accusatory question.
    That one gay friend was an intersting character imho. And his mother of course too. The whole show was primarily about family dynamics. With blood and murder of course.
    Sure they can. It’s almost like there was an entire comics series that told a complete story and ran for over a decade.

It’s a comic about relationships. It just happens to be incredibly violent sometimes. It also veers down some very unexpected paths.

Next time maybe lead off with that instead of the usual whining about friends and family. There’s a thing that’s referred to as “character development”. It applies to more than just the lead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What?^^
    Family dynamics stay a big thing all the way through the comics and it’s unlikely that’s gonna change for the show so if you aren’t a fan of Adam eve/Amber your gonna have a alot of story time you won’t find interesting.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Is the Atom-Eve show worth a watch, or does it count towards season two of invincible? Wondering if its one I should watch or give a miss.
    It's a special that adapts the comic detailing Eve's origin story. It's not important but it's a fun watch with one of the best action scenes in the series. Completely seperate from the main series.

Sure they can. It’s almost like there was an entire comics series that told a complete story and ran for over a decade.

It’s a comic about relationships. It just happens to be incredibly violent sometimes. It also veers down some very unexpected paths.

Next time maybe lead off with that instead of the usual whining about friends and family. There’s a thing that’s referred to as “character development”. It applies to more than just the lead.
    I never even said anything about fucking family and friends? What the hell are you on about? I explicitly mentioned Atom Eve and his girlfriend. No one else. AND i mentioned that his girlfirend servers a purpose int he story for the MCs development. Jesus dude. I am whining? You sound a bit unhinged...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Family dynamics stay a big thing all the way through the comics and it’s unlikely that’s gonna change for the show so if you aren’t a fan of Adam eve/Amber your gonna have a alot of story time you won’t find interesting.
    I never said that. Why tell his everyone in this thread putting words in my mouth. Of course it stays with the family dynamics. And me not liking two characters of ALL of them doesn't make th show unwatchable...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I never said that. Why tell his everyone in this thread putting words in my mouth. Of course it stays with the family dynamics. And me not liking two characters of ALL of them doesn't make th show unwatchable...
    What words did I put in your mouth? You said your self you don't care for atom eve or amber, I'm just pointing out that there not likely to go any where and you'll likely keep finding them boring.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never even said anything about fucking family and friends? What the hell are you on about? I explicitly mentioned Atom Eve and his girlfriend. No one else. AND i mentioned that his girlfirend servers a purpose int he story for the MCs development. Jesus dude. I am whining? You sound a bit unhinged...

You act like this is not path of the course in this area/forum, you obviously can't dislike anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What words did I put in your mouth? You said your self you don't care for atom eve or amber, I'm just pointing out that there not likely to go any where and you'll likely keep finding them boring.
    You are right you didn't. Missread a bit because the other one who quoted me triggered me a little bit. Sorry about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally watched that Atom Eve show. Very glad I did, was a lot of fun, while also being very depressingly sad
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-07-28 at 05:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Finally watched that Atam Eve show. Very glad I did, was a lot of fun, while also being very depressingly sad
    Same, watched it yesterday, and really enjoyed it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accidentally stumbled on the new episode. Didn't even know it was released.

Good episode, picking up where they left last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optimus prime (Peter Cullen)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Engagement for this show has been abysmal. The season 2 delay was too long, the weekly release was a mistake and they are taking another break midway.

A lot of people are not even aware this show still airs or returned. Terrible management.

How he just ditches everything to go to an alien world on a whim because some random alien asked...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How he just ditches everything to go to an alien world on a whim because some random alien asked...
    Well in comic version: Invincible (2003) Issue #25 ---) Invincible (2003) Issue #26
    It follows pretty similar, but the alien shows at house and not school. I dont recomending read past that as you gona get spoiled

He is still learning superhero stuff....so yeah he is doing stupid things.
    Don't sweat the details!!!