Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV/Stream] What Was the Last Show You Watched and What Would You Rate It Out of 10?

Kinda funny we don't have this thread already since we have books and movies and game verson of this, with the influx of TV shows on streaming services now and their given popularity it only feels right to have this thread too.

So as the title mentions, What Was the Last Show You Watched and What Would You Rate It Out of 10?

I am going to list a couple as to catch up with what I been watching and havent had time to rank anywhere. all my reviews of these shows are on imdb so I wont post them here.

Cursed - (Netflix) 4/10
    Invincible - Season 1 (Amazon) 8/10
    Arcane - Season 1 (Netflix) 10/10
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation - (Netflix) 7/10
    Squid Game - (Netflix) 9/10
    Vikings: Valhalla - Seaosn 1 (Amazon) 6/10
    The Wheel of Time - Season 1 (Amazon) 4/10
    The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 1 (Amazon) 5/10
    House of Dragon - Seaosn 1 (HBO) 8/10
    Dragon Age: Absolution - Season 1 (Netflix) 5/10
    Wednesday - Season 1 (Netflix) 8/10
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-01-10 at 06:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Rome on hbo 10/10 great actors and best duo team with pullo and Lucius. Shame they only made 2 seasons.

House of Dragon was very good too 9/10 also great actors.

Ring of power 5/10 nice scenery but no actor i found interesting and meh writing. Hard to believe that is the most costly serie made.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2023-01-10 at 04:15 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The last 2 I've watched ( yeah, I'm always late to the party).

The Crown 8.5 : This show even in it's worse season it's better than 95% other shows. How come no single cast has ever failed? How come I can buy Dominic Cooper as Charles and enjoy it? Top 1 Show in my list of current production.

Euphoria 9: I'm utterly fascinated by the visual language that Sam Levinson has created. Brutal, honest,emotional...everyone talked about the season end but I will really like to point out at the end of episode 4 ( the church)...dauntingly beautiful.

The Peripheral - 6/10

It's based on a book. It's a sci-fi(which is a huge plus, for me). The setting is good and it has a rather fresh take on time-traveling and alternate reality shenanigans. I also love how the author named one of the major events of the story- The Jackpot, he deserves kudos for that. However, unfortunately, it suffers from some usual problems for the genre. Still, it's a good watch, would recommend if you like sci-fi.

Wednesday - 6/10

It has a really good cast, especially the actress playing Wednesday could easily become iconic in that role. The show itself, while not much different than other teenage crime mysteries, has the advantage of praying on people's nostalgia(in a good way!) of the Addams family. Worth a watch.

Severance - 8/10

This is the kind of TV that I love. The show itself is kind of niche, slow from start to finish and suffers from the problem of constantly bringing up more questions than it answers. That being said, the dynamic between the "innies" and "outies", feels very(to the point of being alarmingly) real and that made me feel really involved in the story. Also, the acting is great. Can't wait for season 2!
    unclench your jaw

Copenhagen Cowboy 7/10

This is exactly the kind of weird I am into.

A Dream of Splendor - 10/10

I watched it on Prime. Although I think it is accessible on Apple TV also.

The story of three low caste women during the Sung Dynasty. Vulnerable women, who were forced to be strong because of the events of their life, who were not willing to be treated as second class citizens because of their gender (even if the law forced them to act like one).

Recent completed seasons or limited series:

HOTD - 7/10
    RoP - 7.5/10
    Slow Horses S1 - 8.5/10
    WoT S1 - 6/10
    Severance - 9.5/10
    1883 - 7.5/10
    The Watcher - 4/10
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2023-01-15 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wednesday: 8/10
    Tulsa King: 9/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bear: 8/10

I wanted to own a restaurant one day for the lulz, this show just put me off lol. Very good show but it kinda repeats itself.

Severance: 9,5/10

Excellent, probably the best show of 2022.

1899: 5/10

What a contrived mess, I can barely remember half of it. It's a shame, I really loved Dark, but Odar's newest show fell short.

Ted Lasso: 7/10

The first season is excellent and feels genuine and heartfelt, the second feels like a plastic caricature of the original.

For All Mankind: 7/10

Same deal as Ted Lasso, the first 2 seasons were very good, but the last one feels a bit blase. However, I am genuinely interested to see where it goes from here.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2023-01-15 at 08:22 PM.

The Patient (Hulu) - 7/10 - Acting is fantastic. But the ending is beyond frustrating to watch

Severance - 9.5/10 - Just amazing. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time

Wednesday - 6.5/10 - Decent show but honestly I don't get the hype

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Woman of the Dead - 8/10 (Netflix) Austria/foreign So Subtitles.

I really enjoyed this little mini series, its only one season and 6 episodes of about 35mins each but its a tightly told story about a potential murder of a coroner's husband that leads into a bigger mystery about the town.

Its shot in a small town in austria and the Scenery is insanely beautiful. Nothing has made me want to ride a motorbike full throttle in the alps like this show has. One of the perks of foreign stuff is a lot of the locations movies pay big money to travel too these shows already have that in their backyard.

The murder mystery aspect is rather obvious for seasoned "who dun it" viewers but I also enjoyed that as genuine who dun it should not be a glass onion hidden twin/ bullet proof bible non sense but an actual meaningful case that is logical and you can piece it together.

Also it was nice to have a female protag that was free of the modern western garbage and shes just a woman who deeply loved her husband and had issues before all the events kicked off so she was an interesting character and it didnt feel forced or ridiculous. Shes a lady with some issues on a mission.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The Bear: 8/10
    I don't know if you've ever worked in a restaurant, but as someone who has, this show was 10/10. It literally gave me anxiety from my days working in a kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Brother Australia Season 12 and 13 - 8/10

Much better version than the one we get in the U.S and Canada the ones we get here are a bunch of pampered obnoxious fame whores.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know if you've ever worked in a restaurant, but as someone who has, this show was 10/10. It literally gave me anxiety from my days working in a kitchen.
    No, the closest was tending bar, which is not the same.

I know that these people don't get paid nearly enough for what they have to put up with.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2023-01-16 at 08:29 AM.

Watching the Sandman atm 6-7/10. Its fine, but it doesn't give me the affection I get from those really great tv-series. The Diner-episode was great though.

Adding some I've watched lately

Severance 10/10. What an amazing first season. Best season I've seen in a long long time, if ever. Perfectly executed. I don't think I've been rooting for an ensemble like that, ever. Great cast!

From: 8.5/10. Love it! A mysterious, exciting first season. I have no idea whats going on with them, why and ifs(got a simple theory though) but I love the mysterious story. Great lead in Perrineau. Only miss a dog named Vincent now.

The Leftovers: 8/10 Great series. Felt it ended a bit too quick to get a good explanation on things, but the finale was very sweet anyway.

The last of us (episode 1): 9/10

i know during the course of this show i will try to be objective and i will try to detach how i view the show separate from how i view the game, and i know that i will largely fail.
    TLOU is probably my second favorite video game of all time, as someone for whom the greatest video games are ones where a compelling story is told through the video game medium, and so my expectations for what this show needs to do in order to be a worthy adaptation are sky high.
    i will naturally dislike any divergence, i think the only way i could be truly happy is if the show were basically a shot-for-shot translation of the game.

having said that just to set where my standards are, the first episode largely meets my criteria.
    i really didn't like the changed opening on its face though i begrudgingly acknowledge that it was probably necessary for a show version of this story, because there's a certain level of "accept what's put in front of you and roll with it" inherent to video game players that allows for stories unfolding slowly and things being left unsaid that doesn't work for a TV audience.
    however even with that acknowledged, i thought the british science show cold open was pretty stupid. obviously the showrunners thought they had to explicitly spell out the setup for the show, but i wish that it had been done the way they did it in the game: audio of TV/radio/reports explaining the outbreak over the opening credits.

i'm still not entirely sold on pedro pascal as joel.
    he's a totally fine actor, he's playing the part correctly, but there's a lot of things that i read into the character that so far he simply isn't able to translate.
    it's not a major problem and i won't ever bash him for his performance or say he's wrong for the part, but he's just not... optimally right.
    i just don't know if i can ever be truly OK with them not casting troy baker for the role. i know he's too small and he's too pretty and probably doesn't go in for live action, but god damn that man is an amazing actor who was perfect as that character.
    (side note: a change in the opening sequence that i didn't care for were the multiple little moments where they kind of painted joel as a bit of a doofus. it felt like it was working counter to where the character will go in the future)

rest of the cast is spot on, sets are good, i quite liked a lot of moments where the cinematography mimicked the game.
    when the first episode ended i was definitely bummed it was over and i have to wait a week for another one.

thus far, pretty god damn jazzed for this series.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2023-01-16 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We Own this City: 0/10

Unbearable characters, nonsensical plot, acting that creates migraines. I'm pretty sure I heard the same lines every single episode. Oh no, some cops steal from some gangsters during street rips, how FAR has this city fallen? Every single fucking episode.

This is from supposedly David Simon and George Pelecanos? Written as a "sequel" to the Wire? What the actual fuck. I cannot even believe it. What's more, I cannot believe I got through 6 episodes of this.

0 redeeming qualities. One of the worst series I've ever seen.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2023-01-18 at 06:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since most others are listing more than one, suppose I'll follow suit:

1899 - 5/10, honestly I would have rated it higher if it weren't canceled. I really enjoyed it even though it was a bit slow, but the way it ended coupled with the knowledge that there won't be a resolution felt poopy and I can't recommend it to others because of it.

DragonAge: Absolution - I'm only one episode in but so far about high 6 or low 7/10 with the disclaimer that it is definitely made for fans of the series. The show definitely appears to be expecting you to have played inquisition at the very least.

The Way of the Househusband, Anime, Netflix - 10/10. This show is just a hilariously fun time Episodes are extremely short, so you go through 3 or 4 numbered stories per episode, easy to binge, delightful stories.

Wednesday - 7/10. It took me a while to stop "looking for the Addams Family" in the show, once I did it was enjoyable. Smiling Wednesday is not as terrifying as the one I grew up with, but Ortega does a nice job with it, love some of the supporting cast, particularly the werewolf roommate.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2023-01-18 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    That 90's Show - ugh, that's about all I have to say about it. Like Fuller House and How I Met Your Father, another nostalgia hit-and-miss remake by Netflix.
    One and a half episode and I stopped watching 2/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    That 90's Show: 7/10. Binged it all on the first night and enjoyed it. The cameos were all great, but thankfully the cast was strong enough to not have to constantly rely on them. Episode quality varied between good/funny and wow/hilarious, with later episodes tending to crack me up more consistently. Unlike That 80's show, this captured the spirit and atmosphere of the original. Some plots and gags were lifted a bit too directly, but I can't say it bothered me for the most part. I'd recommend it to fans of the original that are also nostalgic for the 90s.