Thread: [TV] Invincible

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    With out going into spoilers, that’s not even half the full story.
    I'm sure. But as someone who has not read the comics, and is only going off what we have seen in the show, I thought it was explained pretty well for now.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm sure. But as someone who has not read the comics, and is only going off what we have seen in the show, I thought it was explained pretty well for now.
    The comic actually had a extra added bit here where Nolan had picked out the earth and pleaded to go there because he liked the way it looked even though it wasn’t on the empires list of go to planets because it was a bit primitive.

Keeping that part in would Probably have helped those who feel like the explanation is a bit bare bones without having to spoil the later plot points of the empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comic actually had a extra added bit here where Nolan had picked out the earth and pleaded to go there because he liked the way it looked even though it wasn’t on the empires list of go to planets because it was a bit primitive.

Keeping that part in would Probably have helped those who feel like the explanation is a bit bare bones without having to spoil the later plot points of the empire.
    If he chose Earth for its beauty, a flashback scene during the baseball game portion would have been perfect for that. From a viewer who is ignorant to the rest of the story anyhow.

Though after thinking more about that, lol. It would have been flashback inception lol. That could feel odd for people who have a hard time following along with stories with that level of intricacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you have me hyped to understand the real reason the Vitrumites decided to cull 1/2 their population. The show touches on it, but doesn't get into the fine details.

7+ Year Old Account
    If he chose Earth for its beauty, a flashback scene during the baseball game portion would have been perfect for that. From a viewer who is ignorant to the rest of the story anyhow.

Though after thinking more about that, lol. It would have been flashback inception lol. That could feel odd for people who have a hard time following along with stories with that level of intricacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you have me hyped to understand the real reason the Vitrumites decided to cull 1/2 their population. The show touches on it, but doesn't get into the fine details.
    If I had to guess on how there gonna Structure it based on season 1 we may have to wait for season 3 to get see the full picture play out.

Though if season 2 ends where I think it will Nolan’s part should be almost comply shown baring some near the end of the series stuff which would likely not happen until a season 4.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Ew, Omniman fucked his pet...
    ZOMG! So glad that I'm not the only person who had that immediate reaction to Omniman's "explanation".

"EW! He fucked his pet?! Had a kid with his pet?!" That..doesn't make more sense Space Nazi. (lol)

My OWN PERSONAL theory here - not read comics or anything (and if I'm right at all you don't' have to tell me cuz I don't want the spoilers either! lol) - but personal theory as to 'why now' and 'what's coming'.

But based on finishing s1 - (under spoilers here to be polite!)

And apologies for having no idea how to spell the alien race's name correctly. =D

The 'why now' reason for Nolan was Mark manifesting his power. His "Coming of Age" by manifesting powers, if you will. The Viltrimites aren't just taking over weaker races on other planets "for the hell of it", they are also looking for viable races to breed with to preserve their own super powers (for lack of a better term). For whatever XYZ reason they can't successfully maintain their numbers. So they didn't just sent out fellow Viltrimites to prime planets for takeover, but also to figure out which ones will support cross-breeding.

Until and unless Mark got powers, that wasn't Earth. But the day Mark showed himself to be a "true Viltrimite", that all changed. Sure, Earth may have still be marked to be taken over one day - but the timeline changed when Mark showed humans would inherit Viltrimite power. Once that happened, Nolan knew it "changed everything" and now he had to *really* prepare for a future that was now happening sooner, rather than later.

As to whether Nolan flew off to stop them, or somehow divert them or buy time - I'm not sold on. Show did a really good job of making his villian logic complete and that up until now, His demeanor was all a show for the 'dancing monkeys' (Humans - to paraphrase another arch-villian's words); but I do understand the whole idea of redemption in comics as well so I'm not saying he didn't fly off to stop them, either.

Though at this juncture - it seems more logical that, at best, he flew off to maybe convince the Viltriums that subjugating isn't the best way when you get more out of 'cooperating' with your interbreeding species... but that's all the 'good guy' I can give him after that episode =D.

The only part of the finale episode that rang hollow to me was the overt avoiding of anyone seemingly able to logically predict "Where Nolan Went" and "What that means." When to me it seems pretty dang obvious where the alien man flew off to and what we should be preparing for... I mean he TOLD THEM what was coming. But yea, sure. Ok. Let's all play the d'uh card. (Us as in the characters).
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-05-04 at 06:40 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Finally watched it, having read the comic before. Generally, I have no complaints, close enough to comic book without changing things which did not neet changing or drawing out minor plot points. Oh and I do like it way more than The Boys (not the Amazon show, but the universe).
    But fuck the graphics - I do not know whether they did not have enough budget or was it due to person in charge (fire him/her/it anyway), it was fucking awful. I am pretty sure I saw character eyes not being on the same level more than once and I do not mean it was because of the comic style. CGI was totally random and all over the place, couple of nice shots, then just something blurry and totally different from the rest of scene with 2D characters pasted on top of it looking like 2 different things mashed together. Animations went from smooth to dear god give me more than 2 frames.
    I am not asking for Ufotable god-level work, I am asking for something less jarring and more modern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Finally got around to watching it. Was putting it off for the same reason I stopped watching Attack on Titan after the first couple seasons: don't think I have the stomach for the sadistic ultra-violence. It's strange, because I don't have a problem with something like The Boys, but when it's animated I guess it gives the show-runners room to make it way too over-the-top for my tastes. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    finished yesterday, good watch, good scenes, i personally didn't like much the adolescent humor/cringe moments, but i see why they are there.

Overall the story is good but i think it was too much cliche, it was just bad supeperman, if he was sent to conquer.

What i imagined at first was he doing all this shit to make his son the "best hero ever", like making himself the villain, "i will take the earth mightiest heroes, so no one will be left to defend it, so everyone will relly on my son, they will see how he is great, he will also learn to be a hero in the hard way, then i will let everyone know it was me, the mightiest villain of all, and my son will defeat me, making him the greates hero" thats why he became so weird when his son got his power

Cause honestly to me, it made no sense to do those things just about when his son got powers, it would be insanely better doing before or after when he could have "prepared" his son, making him change side slowly. I know the excuses and all, of "he didn't how the empire would treat him" or "it was that moment that made his duty click again" but to me just don't make sense and is more likely a plot hole.

Also went for the comics to read things and shit got pretty weird
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-07-24 at 12:22 AM.

We got our first teaser for season 2. Super excited to finally see it come out. Apparently, the first four episodes will be this year and the second 4 sometime next year, which is disappointing, but we've waited this long.

An Atom Eve special was also released on Prime Video. It's listed separately from the main series.

Never read the comic it adapted, but I thought the special was really good, and the bridge fight was easily one of the best fights in the series. Definitely can't wait to see how season 2 looks after seeing what they did with the special.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay cannot wait. Loved the first season. Getting hype for this too. In the time since the end of the first season I have read three of the Invincible omnibus' so I am kinda prepped.

Amazing how much from the comics was done better in the show. This might be one of the instances where I kind of like the show more than the comics. at least so far. Unless season 2 goes terribly downhill :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    "EW! He fucked his pet?! Had a kid with his pet?!" That..doesn't make more sense Space Nazi. (lol)
    You’ll outlive your pets by 1-5 decades.

He’ll outlive almost any sentient companion by centuries and his memories won’t deteriorate like a normal human. It’s a heartless response but he can’t really see it a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    For whatever XYZ reason they can't successfully maintain their numbers.
    There’s a couple of very good comic reasons. One is racial purity. Which shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. The other I won’t spoil but it’s pretty important. I’m not sure if they’ll get into it this season or not.

Season 2 taking so long and the planned break in S2 is really damaging to this property.

Killed all engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Season 2 taking so long and the planned break in S2 is really damaging to this property.

Killed all engagement.
    It's definitely not ideal and part of the blame can be given to the pandemic but I'm sure it will be fine. Invincible is still pretty popular and Amazon is hyping up its return. Not to mention it's fantastic cast.

7+ Year Old Account

Killed all engagement.
    Ya ima be skipping the season until
    The whole thing is out as I hate getting half, hopefully they can keep to future seasons being faster and release them all at once.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

It’s quite amazing how spoiled streaming services have made us when it comes to episodic properties. Boomer talk: I remember mid season breaks happening all the time, on top of week long breaks between episodes. I’m not saying we should go back to that model as I very much enjoy something coming out and being able to binge watch it. Just gives me a chuckle when people are upset because something isn’t released all at once when I grew up having to wait for my favorite show to play

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's definitely not ideal and part of the blame can be given to the pandemic but I'm sure it will be fine. Invincible is still pretty popular and Amazon is hyping up its return. Not to mention it's fantastic cast.
    I would not say it is popular. The engagement is very low, as I said above.

The teasers and trailer have not hit any criticality. The Atom Eve special had almost nothing in terms of engagement.

I am not seeing any indicators this is going to be a signficant property in season 2. There was more around the Mortal.Kombat DLC with Omni-Man than anything S2 related.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not say it is popular. The engagement is very low, as I said above.

The teasers and trailer have not hit any criticality. The Atom Eve special had almost nothing in terms of engagement.

I am not seeing any indicators this is going to be a signficant property in season 2. There was more around the Mortal.Kombat DLC with Omni-Man than anything S2 related.
    Literally did not know there was an Atom Eve special until yesterday when I read about it in this thread. And my algorithm knows I am interested in content from the Invincible IP. I have been seeing ads for the new season, but not once did I see anything about Atom Eve.

Literally did not know there was an Atom Eve special until yesterday when I read about it in this thread. And my algorithm knows I am interested in content from the Invincible IP. I have been seeing ads for the new season, but not once did I see anything about Atom Eve.
    They have, to use a term, "stepped on their own dicks."

The first season was a slight sleeper hit. Mostly over time, the show built an audience. That could happen again, but I am not sure season 2's '4 episodes & then a break' will help a minor show that has already cooled significantly.

The Atom_eve special... honestly i do not care about her character at all... she is boring as hell.
    Th good thing about invincible are the bloody fights. Atom Eve and his girlfriend just... added nothing really. His girlfriend at least gave him a bit of cognitive dissonance between being a hero and a boyfriend to a girl who doesn't know anything about his other life.

I am looking ofrward to season2 and don't really care about the staggered release. Streaming made us a bit spoiled. I like both kind of release schedules. But looking forward to fixed point of new episodes is also nice.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s quite amazing how spoiled streaming services have made us when it comes to episodic properties. Boomer talk: I remember mid season breaks happening all the time, on top of week long breaks between episodes. I’m not saying we should go back to that model as I very much enjoy something coming out and being able to binge watch it. Just gives me a chuckle when people are upset because something isn’t released all at once when I grew up having to wait for my favorite show to play
    mate don't even get me fuckin started. you think that's bad, down here we had to wait FOREVER for new episodes to come out. I think it was late 2000's/early 2010's when the new cool thing was for our channels to show the US tv shows within 24 hours of them being aired in the US.