endless screaming warriors

hello,

I decided to play my protection warrior a little bit. I got really annoyed by the sounds he (she) does. On my dark iron dwarf on every second thunderclap, charge, taunt, battle shout, and demoralizing shout my warrior starts to scream.

My sound is pretty quiet, just loud enough to hear from where the spells come and when spells like lay on hands are used. I changed my dark iron dwarfs gender from male to female. That helped a little bit.

It's that annoying that I think to switch to another race. I checked the creation screen and heard the screamings when the class animation comes. Only female human and normal female draenei don't scream that loud.

Is there any other way to stop that annoying screaming? I played with the glyph "thunderstruck" to overlay the screamings a little bit. I would be okay if it's only on demoralizing shout and battle shout. But every 4 seconds on thunderclap is to much, on top with charge, taunt, and the other stuff.

Disabling sound completely is no option. I checked the other sound options and there is just stuff like "disabling pet sounds".

If you can help then thanks. If not, I guess I won't play warrior. Yes, first world problems :-D

disable emote sounds
    nvm that dont work
    disabling sound effefcts removes all combat noise, which i actually do sometimes
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-03-26 at 10:42 AM.

You can try this add-on. It mutes combat grunts, but also a lot of other in-game sounds.
    Use it at your own discretion.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mute-wow-sounds

I will give a try, thank you!

i changes the race from gnome to human because the human screaming was less anoying than gnome .....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furanos View Post
    i changes the race from gnome to human because the human screaming was less anoying than gnome .....
    Female gnome squeaks r cute

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    hello,

I decided to play my protection warrior a little bit. I got really annoyed by the sounds he (she) does. On my dark iron dwarf on every second thunderclap, charge, taunt, battle shout, and demoralizing shout my warrior starts to scream.

My sound is pretty quiet, just loud enough to hear from where the spells come and when spells like lay on hands are used. I changed my dark iron dwarfs gender from male to female. That helped a little bit.

It's that annoying that I think to switch to another race. I checked the creation screen and heard the screamings when the class animation comes. Only female human and normal female draenei don't scream that loud.

Is there any other way to stop that annoying screaming? I played with the glyph "thunderstruck" to overlay the screamings a little bit. I would be okay if it's only on demoralizing shout and battle shout. But every 4 seconds on thunderclap is to much, on top with charge, taunt, and the other stuff.

Disabling sound completely is no option. I checked the other sound options and there is just stuff like "disabling pet sounds".

If you can help then thanks. If not, I guess I won't play warrior. Yes, first world problems :-D
    I play female gnome entirely for the screams.
    It's like an instant taunt in PVP.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am Robit Gnome Fury/Prot. My group always always comments on the screams.....so i press battleshout on cooldown when not in combat to keep the immersion real.

RAWR AWAR RAWR
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    You can try this add-on. It mutes combat grunts, but also a lot of other in-game sounds.
    Use it at your own discretion.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mute-wow-sounds
    this is not working screams are still there and I don't understand the instructions to customize it

Quote Originally Posted by furanos View Post
    Try it on a Kul Tiran female. Dare you; seriously, make a Trial kul tiran warrior and charge something.

The scream goes on for at least 2 seconds after the charge is done. It's so long they don't even end the scream, you can hear they just fade it cuz it would still keep going.

3+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari are also really annoying when they scream. I swear the male sounds like a 50-something year old man trying to do a Death Metal scream lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I changed my race to human (female). Now I can play warrior. The screams of her are very silent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the females NE have the best screaming voices on Alliance side. Not to loud and no strange undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    I changed my race to human (female). Now I can play warrior. The screams of her are very silent.
    Human females sound like people you usually hear in incognito mode.

I had the same problem with my Maghar Orc warrior, his screams sounded so annoying i couldnt bear it. (Now playing undead and while screaming the same amount, it's not that annoying to listen to). Btw your best solution is to use this muting addon, i tried it on my Maghar and it worked out well as far as i remenber. I think each scream soundfile (i guess there are at least 5 per race and gender) has a unique id that you need to figure out (there is a website for it, but i remember it took me a while searching and finding for the exact thing). Those id's you then just copy paste over to the addon, that's it. What bothered me in the end is not having a sound at all, like charging without making any noise felt also weird. Or you just pick another race/gender.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might roll a warrior soon afther reading this.

My warrior is goblin male and my problem with his warrior battle shouts is that they are obviously recorded by different voice actor and it sounds like my goblin has some personality split ...

His standard voice/normal combat grunts are deep/low (like gadgetzan city guards), but warrior shouts/charge are very high pitched (sounds more like a female gnome) and it's just annoying that they made such a half ass job with these only because goblin warriors aren't very popular so it didn't matter to them...

[QUOTE=T-34;53099128]You can try this add-on. It mutes combat grunts, but also a lot of other in-game sounds.
    Use it at your own discretion

Thanks for the link I will try this.

привет, очень интересно

When Worgen takes damage it sounds like someone kicking their dog. It just makes you wince every time.