Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    I would argue that with the amount of money we collectively pay Blizzard we should be seeing fresh content every month.
    And that's your opinion. If you don't feel that WoW is giving you good value for your money, then take it elsewhere...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  2. #502
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Seriously?

    Stop buying Blizz PR. There is no reason that Blizz can't put out quality content in a short period of time. They *used* to do that all the time. The time between BC and Wrath was 22 months. Wrath launched with as many dungeons as the last 2 expansions combined, a new class, a new profession, new zones, etc, etc. If anything, with a game this old, Blizz should be able to put out even more content than they did back then.

    Blizz executives are putting on their sad eyes, asking for mercy, going on long vacations, and pocketing massive profits...and idiots keep buying this spiel. Stop buying the BS.
    Actually the release version of Wrath had as much raids as the past four expansions combined.

  3. #503
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Never mind that usually the first patch would be out by now and it is not even on the PTR yet.
    Based on what logic would the first patch be out now? Previous patch cycles which have been inconsistent from expansion to expansion? Also did previous expansions have to deal with an actual global pandemic? Or screw the pandemic part, did any previous patch cycles require a majority of the dev team to WFH?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  4. #504
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    You are literally doing THE SAME THING that you are telling us all off for.
    Except I'm not?

    Everyone is telling you that they do not agree with you but you keep going.
    Three people in a 25+ page thread =/= everyone. Someone is bad at math, apparently.

    Saying that adding a few affixes constitutes new content is your opinion
    Except that was never my argument. I never claimed what is or isn't content. I just said you are not who decides what is or isn't content, and that there are people who think extra difficulties are content.

    As someone once said in this thread a thousand times or so, you are not the arbiter of what "content" is or isn't.
    Yeah. A lesson you guys don't seem to want to learn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. you're wrong and, as usual, absolutely refuse to admit it.
    Please keep the projection to a minimum.

    People can consider it content all they want but they'd be wrong.
    And here we go again, once more, for the one who ignores facts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I said this before, and I'll say it again: none of you are arbiters of what "content" is or isn't. Some people do think different difficulties are content, whether you like it or not. Whether you accept it or not.

    You're not in the right even remotely. But as usual, you place yourself up on a pedestal.
    But I am right, though. Because what I said are facts:
    • You not being the arbiter of what's content and what is not is a fact.
    • People considering extra difficulties content is a fact.

    In what reality is that actually content? lmao.
    The reality everyone is part of.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  5. #505
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    (and Legion had 10 dungeons at launch, not 8)
    Well that's depends on how you view Arcway and Court of Stars which originally were Mythic-Only and required Suramar rep to get in. It wasn't until a later patch (7.2) that saw Arcway and Court of Stars added to the heroic dungeon queue.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    but Suramar was 10 times more content than The Maw
    Eventually it was but initially Suramar wasn't all that interesting because not only did you have Rep grind but the zone itself underwent changes as patches added to it. Similarly, that's what is planned for the Maw as well. The new "zone" in 9.1 is added to the Maw and according to the storyline previews, the Maw should be "friendlier" in 9.1 (after appropriate storyline questing).


    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    BfA had Warfronts and Island Expeditions (both awful content, but still), SL has Torghast
    True but to put in proper perspective, you would need to compare launch versions of BFA Warfront and IE to Torghast. That would mean only 1 warfront and the original set of IE. And technically Torghast is two activities - standard rotating wings and Twisting Corridors. Granted TC is pretty much dead after you complete it once through Layer 8.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  6. #506
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Actually the release version of Wrath had as much raids as the past four expansions combined.
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.

    But don't forget that two of those three raids were one-raid instances: the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.

    Also the one big raid at launch was literally a "port" of vanilla's original last raid: Naxxramas.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.

    But don't forget that two of those three raids were one-raid instances: the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.

    Also the one big raid at launch was literally a "port" of vanilla's original last raid: Naxxramas.
    still raid content tho

  8. #508
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,188
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    still raid content tho
    I never said it isn't, though.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  9. #509
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    But just because you don’t like or hate someone that person still can have some fair points and an opinion that’s worth to be heard (if it’s based on good arguments).
    But the bias is already there. Think of it as the boy who cried wolf too many times. Bellular has a bad rep from the way he does his YT videos. Maybe it's because of the monetization, maybe it's his personality, whatever it is for me it's put Bellular in the non-relevancy camp. It doesn't matter what he says, his comments are non-relevant to me. I will never "tune in" to his stream or videos for anything, period.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    But the bias is already there. Think of it as the boy who cried wolf too many times. Bellular has a bad rep from the way he does his YT videos. Maybe it's because of the monetization, maybe it's his personality, whatever it is for me it's put Bellular in the non-relevancy camp. It doesn't matter what he says, his comments are non-relevant to me. I will never "tune in" to his stream or videos for anything, period.
    You don’t have to. He still gets hundreds of thousands of views for his videos, so he is relevant as a WoW YouTuber, just not for you. I don’t like him either, but he has a huge audience and what he said about 9.1 and Blizzard is pretty much true.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  11. #511
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,631
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Seriously?

    Stop buying Blizz PR. There is no reason that Blizz can't put out quality content in a short period of time. They *used* to do that all the time. The time between BC and Wrath was 22 months. Wrath launched with as many dungeons as the last 2 expansions combined, a new class, a new profession, new zones, etc, etc. If anything, with a game this old, Blizz should be able to put out even more content than they did back then.

    Blizz executives are putting on their sad eyes, asking for mercy, going on long vacations, and pocketing massive profits...and idiots keep buying this spiel. Stop buying the BS.
    Wrath really isn’t a good example for this case.

    While it did launch with 4 more dungeons then shadowlands it also lacked a new launch raid with them reusing naxx so that extra raid dev time likely went into the dungeons and the one boss raids, one would argue doing so made the instant content half baked.

    Then you have the zones which tend to have half the quest of recent expan zones and then there was crystal Song which had like no quest so could again be counted as half baked.

    Dk’s were also an absolute mess on launch and for a lot of wrath with all three specs being all over the place in terms of role and function.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2021-03-29 at 03:07 PM.

  12. #512
    In Wrath Blizzard didn't have to create a bajillion difficulties for every dungeon and raid nor to make sure dungeons and raids were e-sports appropriate. Can you imagine how draining it must be for a dev to make sure each and every dungeon is m+ and e-sports friendly?

  13. #513
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Based on what logic would the first patch be out now? Previous patch cycles which have been inconsistent from expansion to expansion? Also did previous expansions have to deal with an actual global pandemic? Or screw the pandemic part, did any previous patch cycles require a majority of the dev team to WFH?
    And how long of a delay, pray tell, is acceptable for you? We are already over two months from the first content patch release for MoP and Legion. Hell we are 3 months from 6.2 and WoD was notorious for having little to do. I'm happy to give them a two and a half month delay as it happened with FFXIV as well, but we don't even have an ETA for the PTR beside Blizzard Soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.
    Did they? You sure they weren't staggered till months into the expansion? Were they open at release?

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    nah, they need to have something to whine about ( not you btw) on the forums. And make threats like :WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming.

    And all off this is on assumptions and guess work by people like bellular....who has been proven to make bad guesses in the past. And admitting to it...no one would have guessed being 1 of his lines.

    Bellular is not as great as everyone makes him out to be. His video's can be a bit of hit pieces, out of context stuff. Think someone like soulsobreeze is WAY supperior or hazel.

  15. #515
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And how long of a delay, pray tell, is acceptable for you?
    Generally speaking, as long as necessary to produce good content. But if you want specific timeline, on or before Dec 31. 2021 for 9.1 besides for me personally, there are plenty of things in-game that I'm working on to complete before 9.1
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  16. #516
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Generally speaking, as long as necessary to produce good content. But if you want specific timeline, on or before Dec 31. 2021 for 9.1 besides for me personally, there are plenty of things in-game that I'm working on to complete before 9.1
    That's an honest and specific answer. Much appreciated. In that case count yourself lucky. I think it is way beyond the realm of possibility for 9.1 not coming out this year. Granted a late fall release would threaten not only 9.3 but 9.2 as well. I would say late August or early September would be the worst case scenario.

  17. #517
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,949
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I don't see infinite artifact power grinds, titanforging to entice running old content praying for a lotto win, spammable island expeditions for consumables consuming hundreds of hours, azerite gear, essences, or visions to run. That seems like a lot of systems cut.
    Instead, we have renown, legendaries, soulbinds, conduits and covenant campaign. It does look like a lot of systems to me.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-29 at 04:32 PM.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    And that's your opinion. If you don't feel that WoW is giving you good value for your money, then take it elsewhere...
    No. I love this game and have been a part of the community since day one. I deserve better. We all deserve better. WoW is the community. Your sad and tired argument of "derp if you don't like it leave derp derp" is just stupid and completely unhelpful but please, continue patting Blizzard on the back for putting in as little effort as possible. You are the reason they can do this and get away with it so congratulations on letting us all down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except I'm not?


    Three people in a 25+ page thread =/= everyone. Someone is bad at math, apparently.


    Except that was never my argument. I never claimed what is or isn't content. I just said you are not who decides what is or isn't content, and that there are people who think extra difficulties are content.


    Yeah. A lesson you guys don't seem to want to learn.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Please keep the projection to a minimum.


    And here we go again, once more, for the one who ignores facts:




    But I am right, though. Because what I said are facts:
    • You not being the arbiter of what's content and what is not is a fact.
    • People considering extra difficulties content is a fact.


    The reality everyone is part of.
    I honestly believe you may have a pathological need to be right even when presented with indisputable facts and logic. I feel for you friend. Take care of yourself and consider seeking help!

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Like, say, a huge forest fire in California?

    Dire is rather hyperbolic. The situation may not be perfect, but it's far from terrible or even really all that bad.
    That depends on point of view. I say it's dire cause i believe it will result in content planned being cut and the xpac ended earlier in favor of the next one. Basically what happened with WoD. So, i guess it's up to you what you consider dire. I consider that dire.

  20. #520
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    I honestly believe you may have a pathological need to be right even when presented with indisputable facts and logic.
    Feelings are not fact, and they're most definitely not logic. You bunch are trying to be arbiters of what's content and what is not. That is a fact. You all are trying to define what is or is not content based on what you feel should be content, based on your own arbitrary rules. There are people who consider different difficulty levels as content. That is a fact.

    I feel for you friend. Take care of yourself and consider seeking help!
    Stop the projection, it reflects poorly on you.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •