Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Every single day that passes I thank the gods for discovering FFXIV, it is the better game in almost every aspect by a mile.
    I'm sure you'll keep thinking that for a year a two :-)

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I'm sure you'll keep thinking that for a year a two :-)
    I have been playing that game on and off for years, Shadowbringers simply solidified my opinion. Your point btw?

  3. #603
    Bloodsail Admiral bledgor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    I have been playing that game on and off for years, Shadowbringers simply solidified my opinion. Your point btw?
    That you sound like a bitter ex who can't leave/refuses to leave and for some reason feels the need to come back here and bitch. If FFXIV is better for you, congrats, now take the next step and leave this forum in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  4. #604
    Seriously if your only argument is a video by some neckbeard who earns money by ranting about games you can save the energy of making this thread.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Eh... Do you really want Blizzard to take the time to make a presentation about how they plan on making a "roadmap of the roadmap" of development of 9.X content patches?

    And for those who don't know, "roadmap of the roadmap" refers to Star Citizen's development path communication with their supporters...
    Fair point, but I think there are a couple of important differences:

    1. WoW is a game that actually exists (I expect SC supporters to come screaming here shortly, sorry about that)
    2. I don't think what you describe is necessary, but there remains the point: WoW has a decision to make. It can keep quiet, of course. As a result, threads like this will happen with some frequency. If this doesn't correlate to a drop in subs, then meh, who cares. None of us know if that is the case, so we are kinda reduced to impotent whining. I just think active communication with customers is good business practice, but also acknowledge I lack the data Blizz certainly has.

  6. #606
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,207
    I wonder how long it will be before Bellular claims that Blizzard's announcement today about the upcoming PTR was due in part to his video.

    Anyway,

    For those promoting subscriber numbers as somehow related to fact and accuracy one only need to look at other news media, both print and cable, to skewer that notion. The Internet is like that which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. A calm factual report of Blizzard news will never get the same number of subscribers as someone who engages in semi-regular clickbait and frequent pot-stirring. It's just a silly argument and I don't understand how anyone can make it. Popularity and ratings is never a valid sign of accuracy and factual reporting.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-03-31 at 12:05 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    That's what I've been doing. Been getting back into Destiny 2 until there's new WoW content. I needed the break anyway, I was kind of burned out.

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before Bellular claims that Blizzard's announcement today about the upcoming PTR was due in part to his video.
    Don’t you think they came out and gave us this bluepost because of the alarmism that spread in the community after Towellie‘s claim and Bellular‘s video? Blizzard usually doesn’t do this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  9. #609
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don’t you think they came out and gave us this bluepost because of the alarmism that spread in the community after Towellie‘s claim and Bellular‘s video? Blizzard usually doesn’t do this.
    No I don't. If Blizzard was going to put the PTR up in a couple of weeks then that's the schedule. Some video by Bellular isn't going to get them to change their plans. This is quite the hilarious turning around "Oh, Blizzard never listens to forums." The fact is, where it regards release schedules, they don't. Nor should they.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don’t you think they came out and gave us this bluepost because of the alarmism that spread in the community after Towellie‘s claim and Bellular‘s video? Blizzard usually doesn’t do this.
    Well if you have youtube critica going off on everything Blizzard does and doesn't do, and Blizzard is just doing their thing and announcing whenever, then yeah the few times that criticism coincides with an announcement would make it seem like there is a connection. And if you're a part of that audience who sides more with the doomsayer than stay objective, then confirmation bias has a bigger influence on the perception of events too.

    Bellular makes a video a day, sometimes more, covering all sorts of topics. If Blizzard is adjusting based on feedback, why just this and not the myriad of other videos? Well, because they aren't acting on it at all, and one of the videos just happened to be a topic that actually gets rendered irrelevant since an announcement came just slightly later than what was expected. It wasn't as if it were not expected at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-03-31 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No I don't. If Blizzard was going to put the PTR up in a couple of weeks then that's the schedule. Some video by Bellular isn't going to get them to change their plans. This is quite the hilarious turning around "Oh, Blizzard never listens to forums." The fact is, where it regards release schedules, they don't. Nor should they.
    They usually would do the PTR announcement some days before and give us all the details etc. Plus maybe even the patch notes. I don’t remember that they ever told us PTR is coming in two weeks. This is like an announcement of an announcement and somehow this new form of communication coincided with Towellie‘s and Bellular‘s video(s).

    It’s not that they didn’t plan to have the PTR up in mid April, it’s that they tell us two weeks before in a very short notice that PTR is going up in two weeks. I don’t remember them doing this before, but I might be oblivious about it. And if you find similar posts from the last expansions I’m happy to admit that I was wrong.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No I don't. If Blizzard was going to put the PTR up in a couple of weeks then that's the schedule. Some video by Bellular isn't going to get them to change their plans. This is quite the hilarious turning around "Oh, Blizzard never listens to forums." The fact is, where it regards release schedules, they don't. Nor should they.
    I disagree with this to an extent, the problem is that they basically showed an uncanny timing for the release of content shortly after the Towlee and Bellular videos went live as if there was a panic button at blizz.

    That, and the fact that FF14 is about to get its 5.5 patch at the EXACT same time PTR for wow goes up isnt really coincidence, its proxy timed. Blizzard always launches its content roughly around the point that its hardest competition does to try to discourage people leaving.

    They'll likely release the patch around late may to compete with 5.56 for 14 which is the end-of-content patch for FF14, so a June release actually makes alot of sense because its timed to launch exactly a few weeks after 14's final patch launches in may.

    No, thats not a conspiracy theory, they've done this before, they launched WoD around the time ESO was launching, and Cata just after SWTOR.

    Its not likely the devs themselves pushing for this to be fair though, its likely Activision that doesnt like the idea of loosing revenue, understandably, so they're gonna do what ever it takes to retain players even if it means releasing half-finished patches over completed and bugless ones.

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    That you sound like a bitter ex who can't leave/refuses to leave and for some reason feels the need to come back here and bitch. If FFXIV is better for you, congrats, now take the next step and leave this forum in peace.
    If you don't like Amurika, you can giiiiiiiiiiiiiiit out

  14. #614
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and with this you kill ANY argument you want to say bcs there is not a single thing in wow (or anywhere else) that EVERYONE AGREES

    ofc with things that can be factualy correct, there are people who disagree but are simply wrong
    with opinion things (like what is and what isnt content definitely is) there is no such thing as factualy wrong, thats what he says all the time btw if you didnt get that yet
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18? i did say that there are ppl who believe earth is flat, but logic ignores them because how easy to prove they are wrong
    And i'm pretty sure it is easy to prove how Kara +5 isn't different content from Kara +3, since u enter it from exact same portal and u face exact same mobs, just a little beefed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wow, you polled everyone to know "only I" think affixes are content, Mr Arbiter? Including me? Because I don't remember giving my position regarding that.


    "I'm claiming we are not arbiters of what content is or isn't, but we totally are arbiters of what content is or isn't."

    Literally what you just wrote.
    u literally wrote that affix +5 is different content than affix +3 for exact same dungeon
    how exactly is that new content?
    at least hc raiding (back in wrath) did add some changes, also - not sure this thread or a different one - i did admit that long term it was bad idea not good one, i loved back then and i was wrong, a better raid than ICC normal and HC is ICC and a total different raid (ICC was planned to be way bigger than what we have in game, but as usual time runs out on devs)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    its almost as if there was a world wide health crisis in the last year and into this year that delayed pretty much everything...production, manufacturing, shipping of products of all kinds, crazy right? ...oh wait this the WoW player base and they don't live in the realities of the real world and are going to criticize, analyze and worry about video game development cycles...
    Blaming it on covid is too easy imho. It is very much possible to work from home. Sure, covid may have some impact, but I doubt it is completely crippling them. They don't need to be at the office to make content I imagine.

    They screwed up, and that is the truth of it.

  16. #616
    wouldn't siege still be #1?

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18? i did say that there are ppl who believe earth is flat, but logic ignores them because how easy to prove they are wrong
    And i'm pretty sure it is easy to prove how Kara +5 isn't different content from Kara +3, since u enter it from exact same portal and u face exact same mobs, just a little beefed
    are you familiar with affixes? sounds like not at all...
    and how about raid difficulties? are you honestly saying LFR and mythic raid is the same thing?

    you might think its the same content, other people think its different content, and nobody is wrong as that is matter of opinion not fact you can be wrong about...
    its like saying chocolate is better flavour than vanila and everyone who disagree is wrong... its incredibly stupid and egocentric...

  18. #618
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,197
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18?
    "New dungeon content" does not mean "new dungeons".

    u literally wrote that affix +5 is different content than affix +3 for exact same dungeon
    how exactly is that new content?
    I explained how the addition of affixes changes the gameplay of the dungeon. Which is a fact: it does. Clearing a dungeon in a timer is different than clearing a dungeon in a timer AND worry about blood pools on the ground that greatly damage and slow you but also heal the mobs.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  19. #619
    i have 3 alts and the hardest/most time consuming part of my week is torghast, (other than raid/keys) but i enjoy those things and dont consider them chores. (fuck the maw tho)

  20. #620
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,015
    We're in the middle of a pandemic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •