Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I'm sure Kotick and the board are responsible for a lot of the underfunding of blizzard, i have no doubt about that....
    I'm just not buying that.

The WoW team counts like 200+ heads, that's not a "resource" issue, maybe perhaps a lot of those heads don't get paid enough and due to that aren't very motivated enough, but payment is usually not the sole issue why workers aren't motivated.

If i were to put my money somewhere, then it's the fact the corporate enviroment has drained the fun out of developing video games, when developers are no longer able to pour passion into their games, it starts to show sooner or later.
    Video games aren't something you just *produce*, creativity is necessary and it does absolutely not mix very well with corporate elements.

The other factor might just be brain drain, we've seen a lot of Blizzard veterans leaving the stage, who know at the very least how to get shit done, unless their replacement is top notch (which becomes more difficult with meager pay) then you end up in situation where you're left with a team that doesn't know how to get it done properly.

I really don't think it just comes down to Blizzard saying "Gives us more money, we could be making so much more!" and Bobby cackling "haha, i'd rather count my money now!"

I gave up on shadowlands a couple of weeks ago. I've been spamming bgs on low levels alts and looking at other upcoming games. There's a couple I got my eyes on, but unfortunately when it comes to MMOs we're not getting anything good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If the first patch takes that long, I think the more likely outcome here is they space out the patches to avoid a monster content drought but we end up with only two patches for the whole expansion.
    This right here. The longer 9.1 takes to launch the less likely is it that two more content patches with raid tiers will follow after 9.1. The later 9.1 comes the more it looks like a WoD scenario.

We‘re not there yet, but with every week 9.1 isn’t on the PTS we’re getting closer to it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    Literally all of his videos are "the sky is falling" clickbait. Think for yourself.

Good to see blizzards white knights are still honouring their oaths of loyalty.
    Having a different point of view doesn't mean people are white knighting. You're entitled to say that you think it sucks, or that the content isn't being released quickly enough, just like other people are entitled to tell you that they disagree.

We're about 6 months into SL at this point. The rapid patch cycle of WotLK was the peak in my opinion - 3.0 -> 3.1 = 5 months, 3.1 -> 3.2 = 6 months, 3.2 -> 3.3 = 3 months. However, TotC was a let down - the boss mechanics were great, but the fact it was all set in 1 room and a basement ruined the patch for me. ​However, this allowed them to make ICC feel more epic, than if they'd dedicated more resources to building a large scale raid for 3.2. It was 13 months from expansion release to final major patch, but then it was a year until Cataclysm - and people really started to feel it.

Right now, I feel we're behind schedule by about a month. I feel like the first major patch should be released around 5 months after the expansion launch, and each major patch after that should be released around every 7-8 months, but perhaps extending it by a month in order to ensure we don't have more than 9 months between final major content patch + new expansion launch.

For all we know, we'll see 9.1 in 2 months time, and then 5 months down the line, we might see 9.2. Sure, the first major patch is out of sync with the timeline, but 9.2 would bring it mostly back in line.

Keep in mind that they threw significantly more development and design resources at Shadowlands but still couldn't reach their original deadline because they overextended their plans at some point in the distant past when they were creating the design specs for the expansion and systems. That has had a knock-on effect on future content patches, and we've just got to hope they can bring it back in line from 9.2 and beyond. Doing that means that they need to have resources building the new expansion already to avoid an end-of-expansion drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've unsubbed until 9.1 and maybe even then I won't come back until the next expansion I'm not sure yet. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the pandemic delayed a lot of shit because they're not the only company that's suffered but I'm not going to stay subbed when the content has gotten stale to me.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Again, it doesn't matter what the OP called this thread.

The OP said "take a look at Bellular's video" which is about the first patch content.

Why is this so hard? If you're not referring to the video, which is the POINT OF THIS THREAD, then why are you replying to it?
    Yes, it does. Bellular may not have talked about it, but the OP did by taking it out of context.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP referred you to Bellular's video ("Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines") which IS ABSOLUTELY talking about the first content patch. That is the point of this thread, despite the title.
    Who wrote the title? OP. Who's to blame? The OP.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

3+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure what the issue or even the argument is here. This wouldn't be our first drought. Just do what you always do during a drought.

- farm shit
    - level an alt
    - play classic
    - play catch up
    - unsub and play another game
    - unsub and do something non gaming related
    - get a job make some more money and spend it

The fact that we are even having this conversation is a horrific sign of the obvious. This is a YOU problem not a game problem. You act like children waiting for mommy to tell u what to do and you take a tantrum because God forbid mommy is busy making you lunch while trying to shut you up.

You complainers are pathetic. There are plenty of things to do in and out of the game during a drought. Follow your normal routine and stop sounding so f&^%ing pathetic. I'm sure you all have tons of catching up to do both in and out of the game that would keep you plenty busy during a new end content drought, lol.

Jeez. Get over your bs and move on.

And for those ppl attacking Bellular? You obviously have an IQ in the single digits. If you actually watched his lore content, it's pretty fun intelligent, and exciting to watch. Dont knock it before you try it.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2021-03-26 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it doesn't matter what the OP called this thread.
    But then why name it such a way to be so Sensational? Why not name the thread properly?

That's the issue, the OP wanted to stir the pot with a sensational title so it's no surprise when folks rebuke the OP for trying to compare first content patch to longest drought between expansions.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see blizzards white knights are still honouring their oaths of loyalty.
    Good to see you're still making quality posts. Like when you misunderstood the change to game time in the news thread. Lmao.
    Hi

Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    I wonder if people will ever understand that Bellular is making MONEY of clicks. It is in his best interest to be extremely clickbaity and he always does this in the worst possible way, by catering to all the drama queens out there and giving them an echo chamber.
    It's just like FoxNews. People are not watching it because it tells them "News" but because they get the same nonesense they believe anyway fed back to them, giving them validation: "If Tucker says it too, then I must be on to something!!"

TLDR: Stop believing the Internet!

Not sure why people mention SoO drought when that was the last patch in the expansion.
    Its not at all relevant when comparing to a long content drought at the start of an expansion.

I dont like Belular but refusing to hear out an opinion is just short minded and bad.
    Even if he is some media shill there can still be useful info in what he says.

Overall Shadowlands feels unfocused or improperly paced, both content-wise and story telling.
    If we compare it to a book its just the first chapter, the intro, to the story but for some reason its spread very thinly over 300 pages.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will get no content in OVER 13 months?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Not sure why people mention SoO drought when that was the last patch in the expansion.
    Its not at all relevant when comparing to a long content drought at the start of an expansion.
    Context - the OP stated in the title "LONGEST content drought Incoming" not the longest first patch content drought or anything to do with first content patch after release.

Thus the inference is to compare the current "drought" to the longest period of content drought which is accepted as the time between SoO and WoD launching (429 days or 14+ months).

I dont like Belular but refusing to hear out an opinion is just short minded and bad.
    Even if he is some media shill there can still be useful info in what he says.
    Eh.... The problem is his videos have a lack of content and are overfilled with non-relevant crap. Like do we really need to be reminded in every video that you should "click to subscribe" and don't forget to click on the bell for notifications.

Overall Shadowlands feels unfocused or improperly paced, both content-wise and story telling..
    For the first act, I'd say it's pretty good and almost on-par with WoD leveling storylines. The problem (as usual) is timing of the follow-up content, if we had continued to 9.1 shortly after Blizzcononline after that 9.1 trailer, the outlook would be much different.

However, given the current state of global pandemic; It's acceptable to see a delay we're having. And if folks claim that COVID is a "convenient" excuse, go look at the numerous delays in the video game industry alone: Humankind, Gotham Knights, New World, GT7, Hogwarts, Vampire: Bloodlines 2, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, etc.
    ---

4 month first raid may have been good for Emerald Nightmare because it was a joke, but would be way too short for CN.

I’m hoping for 6 months, patch in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    4 month first raid may have been good for Emerald Nightmare because it was a joke, but would be way too short for CN.

I’m hoping for 6 months, patch in June.
    For CN it’s absolutely justified, it’s one of the best raids they’ve done in the last years, it’s pretty much on par with Nighthold (which is the best raid since Throne of Thunder in my opinion). Problem is, besides CN and Mythic+ there’s just not much to do and that’s why this initial content drought is so frustrating. The Maw is maximum unfun and so is Torghast for many. The other zones don’t offer anything besides pitiful world quests. If the Maw would already have the stuff 9.1 will bring, it would be sufficient, but we’re basically stuck without an endgame zone and forced for instanced content if we’re looking for content - and that’s just not enough.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Because people don’t care what some internet plebs opinion is?
    The no ones opinion matters, mine or yours if you take that open minded stance on opinions lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I wonder if people will ever understand that Bellular is making MONEY of clicks. It is in his best interest to be extremely clickbaity and he always does this in the worst possible way, by catering to all the drama queens out there and giving them an echo chamber.
    It's just like FoxNews. People are not watching it because it tells them "News" but because they get the same nonesense they believe anyway fed back to them, giving them validation: "If Tucker says it too, then I must be on to something!!"

TLDR: Stop believing the Internet!
    You all act like Bellular is constantly doom saying, but in reality he makes a case for the long term health of wow in his recent videos on this topic.

It strongly feels like everyone criticizing him hasn't bothered to watch the videos.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    For CN it’s absolutely justified, it’s one of the best raids they’ve done in the last years, it’s pretty much on par with Nighthold (which is the best raid since Throne of Thunder in my opinion). Problem is, besides CN and Mythic+ there’s just not much to do and that’s why this initial content drought is so frustrating. The Maw is maximum unfun and so is Torghast for many. The other zones don’t offer anything besides pitiful world quests. If the Maw would already have the stuff 9.1 will bring, it would be sufficient, but we’re basically stuck without an endgame zone and forced for instanced content if we’re looking for content - and that’s just not enough.
    I would be fine if they released the new zone early, but i have a feeling all the rewards would be wonky because it’s not a new season/tier.

I guess people really did need titanforging to keep playing? To me that’s really the key difference. I was on the side of hating Titanforging and I’m glad it’s done.

But I also don’t feel like I am required to play WoW every day of my life so taking a break is no big deal.