Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It just feels like the community has changed for the worse and that impacts the devs making hasty decisions pushing things out that aren't 100% done which leads to more crap which leads to more pressure.

People don't seem to take the time to enjoy the game in the same way. Complain about a new expansion not coming fast enough, it comes out and just a few months in there's already "next patch please". I think even if they had put out some of the well received expansions today they would be savaged because there would be even less content and people wouldn't have the patience to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and then there is huge vocal part that will call you whiteknight or fanboy or shill if you say that reality doesnt support their opinion against blizzard... doesnt even have to be defending blizzard just stating some well known fact, you dont have to search far for example, just check this thread = "longenst content drought in history" - "well longest was over year" - "you cant compare it to THAT content drought, you are shill/whiteknight" etc
    True I find the difference is if they are able to vocalize their position. I don't really have a problem with the length of time this patch has gone on. My main frustration is how poorly the power systems included gearings are handled this expansion.

I want to play world of warcraft but I want to play it at the hardest difficulty because that is what i've done for over a decade. Pre legion I was always content to simply make and alt once my main hit the point of raid logging. Now though I can honestly say ive tried ive even gotten to keystone master on the alt but I know I have to do the maw and torghast to get that alt into mythic properly and I just am loosing all interest in doing so from the grind.

My own impatience with this patch has to do with that in combination to its length. While I expect the end patch of an expansion to drag on it isn't really common for the first patch to. I think WoD could be argued to be similar? If you count highmaul and brf as the same tier just split in two. Though I haven't actually checked the dates of release for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It just feels like the community has changed for the worse and that impacts the devs making hasty decisions pushing things out that aren't 100% done which leads to more crap which leads to more pressure.

People don't seem to take the time to enjoy the game in the same way. Complain about a new expansion not coming fast enough, it comes out and just a few months in there's already "next patch please". I think even if they had put out some of the well received expansions today they would be savaged because there would be even less content and people wouldn't have the patience to stick around.
    The draw back of spending a decade expanding your audience. The different audiences have never wanted anything to do with one another and you can't cater to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    It's funny, because people continue to pay for half baked content in the form of expansions regularly.

If you have +38.8k ach points, then yes, you could say there's a content drought.

I mean, that's what happens when you open your game to audiences that cannot be arsed with anything requiring time.

The dev team didn't produce more content back in the day, it just took you longer, disregarding that WoW over the years has become more and more seasonal, so falling behind on developing new seasons is obviously a huge turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    While I expect the end patch of an expansion to drag on it isn't really common for the first patch to. I think WoD could be argued to be similar? If you count highmaul and brf as the same tier just split in two. Though I haven't actually checked the dates of release for that.
    actualy as far as i know only raid tier added sooner than 5months after release is Nighthold with little over 4.5months (i dont count BRF as it was in already they just stagered the release)

technicaly if they released raid within two weeks (they wont obviously) it would be EARLIEST new raid tier in history...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, that's what happens when you open your game to audiences that cannot be arsed with anything requiring time.

The dev team didn't produce more content back in the day, it just took you longer, disregarding that WoW over the years has become more and more seasonal, so falling behind on developing new seasons is obviously a huge turn off.
    It's very eye opening as a player who is playing the game in the same way now as I did 15 years ago (raiding with other content on the side). The biggest changes really are how the classes feel and the intricate gameplay things. I don't think it's as easy as saying "its gotten worse" because some specs have gone up and down and you could probably argue each expansion had some specs at their most fun but failing with others. The enjoyment for me hangs more on the raids and dungeons since that's the weekly content and if those are good it's mostly fun.

Like it's a big reason I would rate Wotlk so low. Aside from Ulduar which was fantastic, and ICC which I thought was alright, Naxx and TotC sucked any fun out of the game for me. And that was at a time when we didn't have as much side content. Castle Nathria might not be among my favorite raids but in terms of start-of-xpac raids it's pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but most people don't care about the opinions of someone that stopped being relevant in the WoW community around 2016, we're in 2021 already.

can you imagine reactions of people who called 8.3 "empty patch" if they released patch like in wotlk?
    3.1 - raid, 3.2 - tiny dungeon and tiny raid (the same goddamn room ) and daily q hub, 3.3 - raid (with stagered release like LFR have now) and 3 tiny dungeons
    (although they were shorter)

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I especially like the logic of: patch 9.1 wasn't delayed because there was no release date announced. Never mind that usually the first patch would be out by now and it is not even on the PTR yet.
    Mental gymnastics to bash Bellular, sign me up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @Nyel it's funny, MMOC wisdom keepers bash Bellular because OMG NUB NO M10 LUL, and then bash, idk, Preach OMFG ELITIST NOLIFER NOT REPRESENT /wrists
    To be honest I find it quite sad because they don’t even know what Bellular‘s arguments are, but are picking him apart because allegedly he’s telling bs (?) - okay? Weird logic.

- - - Updated - - -

sure first patch maybe, but without raid, there would be AT BEST dungeon (like cata, legion) or just quest line (pandaria)
    but new raid tier was never added sooner than 5months in... actualy usualy later than that, and we already know there is raid in 9.1...
    7.1 in general contained a raid, but it came with 7.1.5 in the form of Nighthold. We don’t know if Sanctum of Domination comes in 9.1, comes in 9.1.5, if there’s a 9.1.5 patch overall (9.0.5 wasn’t planned in my opinion) or gets a delayed opening some weeks after 9.1 has launched.

On top of that every first tier did consist of at least two raids in the past: Highmaul + BRF, EN + NH, (Edit: Uldir + BoD did not, corrected) - in SL the first tier has only one raid, CN.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-27 at 05:32 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    7.1 in general contained a raid, but it came with 7.1.5 in the form of Nighthold. We don’t know if Sanctum of Domination comes in 9.1, comes in 9.1.5, if there’s a 9.1.5 patch overall (9.0.5 wasn’t planned in my opinion) or gets a delayed opening some weeks after 9.1 has launched.

On top of that did every first tier consist of at least two raids in the past: Highmaul + BRF, EN + NH, Uldir + BoD - in SL the first tier has only one raid, CN.
    Why would you count Uldir and BoD as one tier but not CN and SoD?

In both cases the second raid came with a later patch and wasn’t in at launch unlike EN+NH or highmaul+BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you count Uldir and BoD as one tier but not CN and SoD?

In both cases the second raid came with a later patch and wasn’t in at launch unlike EN+NH or highmaul+BRF.
    Yeah, you‘re right I made a mistake.

On top of that did every first tier consist of at least two raids in the past: Highmaul + BRF, EN + NH, Uldir + BoD - in SL the first tier has only one raid, CN.
    dude, you cant have it both way, either nighthold was part of first tier or first added tier, not both... EN was in 7.0, NH was added in 7.1(.5) so logicaly it wasnt the same tier as emerald nightmare... and BOD was definitely not the same tier as uldir either, wtf, where did you pull that bullshit from?!
    so from your 3 examples of "every first tier" 2 are factualy wrong...
    maybe check reality before trying to argue about something incorrect...

dude, you cant have it both way, either nighthold was part of first tier or first added tier, not both... it was added in 7.1(.5) so logicaly it wasnt the same tier as emerald nightmare... and BOD was definitely not the same tier as uldir wtf, where did you pull that bullshit from?!
    so from your 3 examples of "every first tier" two are factualy wrong...
    maybe check reality before trying to argue about something incorrect...
    I already corrected myself, see my post above. You‘re right, I shouldn’t count BoD. But Nighthold was part of the first raid tier in Legion, but was only unlocked later, the same as BRF in WoD.

I already corrected myself, see my post above. You‘re right, I shouldn’t count BoD. But Nighthold was part of the first raid tier in Legion, but was only unlocked later, the same as BRF in WoD.
    it was unlocked in 7.1.5, so it was first raid added in patch no matter if it was the same tier as EN...
    but if you want to count it as the same tier, then first tier added in legion after release is tomb of sargeras, 10 months after release...

thats why i said you cant have it both ways, either you consider it part of release tier, and then first "added" was ToS, or it was first added tier, not both

it was unlocked in 7.1.5, so it was first raid added in patch no matter if it was the same tier as EN...
    but if you want to count it as the same tier, then first tier added in legion after release is tomb of sargeras, 10 months after release...

thats why i said you cant have it both ways, either you consider it part of release tier, and then first "added" was ToS, or it was first added tier, not both
    Sanctum of Domination will be the first tier raid (? - as we really don’t know what’s a tier raid anymore and what not) / newly introduced raid in Shadowlands. It will be released something between 7 or more months (June or later) after Shadowlands initial launch.

BoD was the first tier raid in BfA and with Uldir part of the first raid tier. BoD was released end of January, 5 months after BfA‘s launch.

NH was factually the first tier raid in Legion (as it was the first raid in Legion to have class tier sets) and therefore part of the first raid tier (with EN as the entry raid). It war released mid January 2017, 4.5 months after Legion‘s launch.

BRF was the first tier raid in WoD and with Highmaul part of the first raid tier in WoD. BRF was released early February, 2.5 months after WoD‘s launch.

______

I tried to summarize it as good as I can. It really doesn’t matter much what kind of raid type SoD is, it’s late. By the point of its release with 7 or more months it took Blizzard 2 more months to release it than BoD which came after 5 months and was already considered late by Blizzard. No matter how we see it or if we disagree, 9.1 and SoD are late, very late depending on which comparison we apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    Cool i got people on the internet telling me how to think fyi ill pass on that and think for myself instead i stick its alot of fun and going on a nice direction for once.

7 or more months (June or later) after Shadowlands initial launch.
    ok lets for a second pretend this is not an asspull but actual info (its not unlikely, so why not)
    usualy the first raid added was 5-6 months after release (since BC, and i refuse to count BRF, it was already done just stagered the release for some reason), so having it 7months after release is hardly so late, given the circumstances (you do realise there is a pandemic for year or so right?)

i dont know what you do, but i have to assume from your stance that you dont come into contact with any project scheduling at your work, bcs given circumstances being 1-2 months later than you would usualy be is GODDAMN AMAZING, we have projects that had their deadlines already rescheduled by YEARS (and yes, we can actualy do most of our work from home) so even if it is really 7-8 months after release (which was delayed itself) its not even that late...
    and its hardly just blizzard, pretty much whole gaming industry (among all other) took a bit of shakeup in timetable...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    Everyone listen to Gladiator Saltii, Keystone Master, Cutting Edge player's comments guys! They are original and 100% true to every single one of us..

Oh wait, you aren't a gladiator, you haven't "completed" PVE content.. "Waaaah World Quests are boring" - Yeah go do something challenging in game then trashboi

lol its fine
    if anything tiers felt too short in legion for most people sure if you were hyper good and blasted through all the content in 2 weeks, but i feel like legion could of spaced out content more and be fine
    i th ink 6 months for castle is fine. if you did all you wanted to achieve take a break and come back when 9.1 is ready,
    9.1 will have so much more content maw revamp, new zone torghast revamp new raid new campaign, new mega dungeon, in 8.1 all you got was a short campaign and a new raid which just used the drazalor assets, and no new dungeon.