Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ok lets for a second pretend this is not an asspull but actual info (its not unlikely, so why not)
    usualy the first raid added was 5-6 months after release (since BC, and i refuse to count BRF, it was already done just stagered the release for some reason), so having it 7months after release is hardly so late, given the circumstances (you do realise there is a pandemic for year or so right?)

i dont know what you do, but i have to assume from your stance that you dont come into contact with any project scheduling at your work, bcs given circumstances being 1-2 months later than you would usualy be is GODDAMN AMAZING, we have projects that had their deadlines already rescheduled by YEARS (and yes, we can actualy do most of our work from home) so even if it is really 7-8 months after release (which was delayed itself) its not even that late...
    and its hardly just blizzard, pretty much whole gaming industry (among all other) took a bit of shakeup in timetable...
    So we’re counting BRF now but Nighthold not? Because BRF and Nighthold basically were the exact same release situation.

And how is this an asspull? It cannot be released sooner. Even if we assume PTS starts next week the PTS would have to run only 6 (!) weeks for a launch in late May. And this is - based on past content patch PTS cycles - impossible (PTS usually 8-10 weeks). So tell me, how exactly is June not the earliest possible date for 9.1?

Blizzard is doing exceptionally bad during the pandemic. Other studios are struggling, Blizzard‘s biggest competitors... not so much though. So yes, if Blizzard considered 5 months for 8.1 too much and deemed it late, 7 or more months for 9.1 is incredibly late. Even if you think it’s fine, it’s really not due to how underwhelming Shadowlands is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    can you imagine reactions of people who called 8.3 "empty patch" if they released patch like in wotlk?
    3.1 - raid, 3.2 - tiny dungeon and tiny raid (the same goddamn room ) and daily q hub, 3.3 - raid (with stagered release like LFR have now) and 3 tiny dungeons
    (although they were shorter)
    Did you play back then? People did complain about how Trial of the Champion and Trial of the Crusader were "low effort" considering not only they were one-room (two for raid) instances, but armor sets were literally recolors of each other: paladin, death knight and warrior tier sets were recolors of each other. Same with hunter and shaman. And rogue and druid. And priest, warlock and mage.

As for ICC and the three dungeons, those dungeons weren't "tiny", they're actually on par with some of the dungeons already existing in the expansion, like Azjol-Nerub, Oculus, Trial of Champion and the Violet Hold. But also those dungeons were hard. There was actually challenge in doing those. They weren't ROFLSTOMP-AE-EVERYTHING-FEST like the other dungeons had become.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What leads you to this particular conclusion, other than wishful thinking
    Adding 2 with 2.
    Bfa had 4 seasons/tiers.
    Legion had 4 tiers. Seasons weren't a thing back then.

Following the past examples, it's only logical for SL to also have 4 seasons/tiers. And one can dream, maybe, just maybe Blizzard gets their shit right for once and spaces out content patches to reasonable time spans (6-8 months per season/tier).

To me, it only seems logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    9.0 is WAY bigger than any previous launch patches. But do conveniently forget that while complaining about how long .1 is coming compared to others. lol
    What? Where exactly is 9.0 WAY bigger than previous launch patches? BfA had 6 zones at launch, Legion had 5, but Suramar was 10 times more content than The Maw (and Legion had 10 dungeons at launch, not 8). BfA had Warfronts and Island Expeditions (both awful content, but still), SL has Torghast (which is neither better nor worse than IE). So I don’t really see it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-27 at 07:07 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Did you play back then? People did complain about how Trial of the Champion and Trial of the Crusader were "low effort" considering not only they were one-room (two for raid) instances, but armor sets were literally recolors of each other: paladin, death knight and warrior tier sets were recolors of each other. Same with hunter and shaman. And rogue and druid. And priest, warlock and mage.

As for ICC and the three dungeons, those dungeons weren't "tiny", they're actually on par with some of the dungeons already existing in the expansion, like Azjol-Nerub, Oculus, Trial of Champion and the Violet Hold. But also those dungeons were hard. There was actually challenge in doing those. They weren't ROFLSTOMP-AE-EVERYTHING-FEST like the other dungeons had become.
    i did play, and sure people complained (they always do) but nothing compared to now, and now we have objectively more content in patches and people still complain more... people just become horribly spoiled and entitled (or the new players are like that and old players left, who knows)
    eh... forge of souls had 2 bosses and halls had 3 but tbh felt like two, falric and marwyn felt like single event kinda... and they were hard for barely geared alts, but definitely not for raiders with gear from previous raid tier

3+ Year Old Account
    9.0 is WAY bigger than any previous launch patches. But do conveniently forget that while complaining about how long .1 is coming compared to others. lol
    Based on what metric? Can you link any sauce? A breakdown of expansion launch content? I might do it for you if you want. Do you? It would be a shame if it turned out you are full of shit.

EDIT: Gonna make an attempt:

Vanilla: 40 zones. 8 races. 9 classes. 12 professions (not counting stuff like lock picking and poisons). 20 dungeons. 2 raids. 0 battlegrounds 0. arenas.

TBC: 11 zones, 2 races, 0 classes. 1 profession. 15 dungeons, 6 raids. 1 battleground. 2 arenas (the first two arenas).

Wrath: 11 zones again. 0 races 1 class 1 profession 11 dungeons. 4 raids (plus two retooled ones). 1 battleground 1 arena

Cata: 7 zones (if we count Vashj'ir as one zone and disqualify the goblin starters for being unreachable afterwards). 2 races. 0 classes. 1 profession. 7 dungeons (plus 2 retooled) 4 raids. 2 battlegrounds 0 arenas.

MoP: 9 zones (if we include the veiled stairs but not the wandering isles. 1 race. 1 class. 0 professions. 6 dungeons (4 retooled) 3 raids. 2 battlegrounds. 1 arena.

WoD: 7 zones (with Ashran included, but not Tanaan) 0 race. 0 class. 0 professions. 8 dungeons (if we include UBS that was technically available prior) 1 raid (Blackrock Foundry opened later) 0 battlgrounds 0 arenas.

Legion: 5 zones (non instanced, at release) 0 race. 1 class. 0 profession. 9 dungeons. 0 raids (strictly speaking none of them opened at launch. We are firmly in the realm of staggered content). 0 battleground 2 arenas.

BfA: 6 new zones. 2 races (the first four allied races became available way sooner with preorder). 0 professions. 10 dungeons. 1 raid. 0 battlegrounds. 2 arenas.

Shadowlands: 5 zones. 0 races. 0 classes. 0 professions. 8 dungeons. 0 raid. 0 battleground. 1 arena.

These are of course just the easy ones to quantify. TBC had sockets and flying. Wrath had achievements and glyphs. Cata gave a lot of new race class combinations and revamped a whole lot of zones. MoP had Pet Battles and Scenarios. WoD had updated models and Garrisons. Legion had artifact weapons, world quests. and order halls. BfA had Island Scenarios, Warfronts and the HoA. SL has covenants and Torghast.

But this really doesn't looks way bigger than any launch patch.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2021-03-27 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What leads you to this particular conclusion, other than wishful thinking?
    Lol, now predicting 4 seasons (cause we don't really have tiers anymore) is wishful thinking? That's their default present in most expansions.

I think people like you believe so hard current expac is worst catastrophe ever created you think Blizzard is in some panic mode to bring 10.0 ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Based on what metric? Can you link any sauce? A breakdown of expansion launch content? I might do it for you if you want. Do you? It would be a shame if it turned out you are full of shit.
    From context I assume he's talking about 9.1.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-27 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Two things:
    -that was at the END of an expansion, with Challenge Modes, Timeless Isle, a reaally good raid, etc-etc
    -I can't believe putting in 10 freakin bosses is so hard in 2021, hell, you can design whole VR games in a WEEK if you follow some FREE guides on the internet!!
    You have no idea how long it takes to do anything game related so I will just ignore that part of your rant and the OP specifically said longest drought ever which would include all content such as end of expac. If he said longest *.1 patch drought you could argue that.

Blizzard devs are just as sick and tired of the game as the players are. Someone should've told Ion that making Devs design formulaic raids and formulaic m+ for 6th year in a row since Legion would cause massive dev burnout.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    I would argue that with the amount of money we collectively pay Blizzard we should be seeing fresh content every month.
    You want a new raid every month?

Are you really comparing the entirety of Suramar to the first patch of the Maw? The Maw that will be expanded exponentially based on what they've said? 7.1 was much quicker but it was fucking tiny. It had Kara revamp, expansion of Suramar and a fucking 3 boss raid. Wow. BFA started with the tiny War Campaign, Warfronts(LOL) 6 zones(only the Alliance ones were even good) and Islands. Warfronts were essentially 10 people carrying the other 10 afk idiots because they fell so flat. Islands....Why even bother. There is so much more to do in SL it's not even funny. PvP gearing isn't ass finally too.

I guess the plethora of things to do being completely optional makes it a content drought. Who knew.

Playing alts doesn't feel like an insurmountable task now either. It's fantastic.
    Cosmetic recolor shit is not content worth paying a sub for . Raids , campaigns , arena ranking and thorgast are already done deals for each of the interested category of players.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Blizzard devs are just as sick and tired of the game as the players are. Someone should've told Ion that making Devs design formulaic raids and formulaic m+ for 6th year in a row since Legion would cause massive dev burnout.
    Source on that? Or are you just making it up?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Source on that? Or are you just making it up?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iznL9e12iYI

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    From context I assume he's talking about 9.1.
    Based on his response to Nyel above, no he isn't. He really thinks 9.0 is huge. KEK.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2021-03-27 at 09:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    You make it sound like people here don't have a hate boner for all content creators no matter how good they are at the game.
    I can garuntee that they do, but i have not agreed with bell for a long time, especially since he always made it seem like he was a high end raider, but i guess he wasnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    yeah prety much this vid, devs love to work on new things, not same old same old, but players say they want change, new things, BUT THEY DONT, its a fact, everything new they try gets constant complaints and it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

Also if ”get better gear, see higher numbers” is not something you find fun.. i’d say just drop WoW completely, Gearing and see the progress in dps is what makes the game fun

And right there is the problem, what the wow community has become.

There was a time where numbers and rushing was not all. It is fun, the game used to be incredibly richer when it had less content, years ago. Compared to todays load of bs Activision is making out of it.
    Sadly, of course, the player base is evolving into this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We’re not talking about any kind of algorithm, we’re talking about past patterns. And there are past pattern like the 77 day patch cycle of Legion which has been applied to all of Legion‘s patches. Or the fact that every major content patch is around 8-10 weeks on the PTS. There are no absolute statements be made, it‘s just a summary of WoWs past decade of patch cycles with examples (which are indeed facts as they’re things from the past) extrapolated into the future.
    There is no pattern, patch cycles are random, releases aren't the same. And there's certainly no pattern to be seen when we're in the middle of an unprecedented epidemic.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-03-27 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Good to see blizzards white knights are still honouring their oaths of loyalty.
    I know...its dumb. Legion was like 2 months for 7.1...maybe 3, BFA was like 3-4 months for 8.1..
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I need to agree on this badly.

For me, there is plenty to do because I play four aspects of the game others, maybe not so much but we all should have a common agreement that we rather have a good product, or as good as possible, than just the rushed scrapings because people demanded it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the SoO drought was horribly long..
    I got heroic Garrosh, then found SWTOR and levelled two characters to 50, later 55, during that drought. Then went back to D2 and got four characters to 90+. With time to spare. What a drought that was.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Meanwhile people would be bitching about not having enough time in Nathria if it came sooner. Honestly they should stick with this release cadence, it's fan fucking tastic and would let them pace the patches better so no end of expansion drought.
    I don't remember anyone bitching about 8.1 being released 4 months after launch in BfA. Why would it happen now? Furthermore, do you honestly think that Blizzard isn't releasing 9.1 because people will bitch? Topkek.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.