Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In less than month this community spiral themselves out of proportions and started to believe that Blizzard is in some panic mode. Kinda hard to talk with people that convinced themselves 9.1 is August/September/2022, we need PTR to make discussion little more sane.
    I have not seen anyone say September or 2022. Given that it is almost April, 9.1 is not on the ptr and that major content patches are typically tested for 3 months, yeah, I'd say August seems about right. No one is hysterical buddy, it's just logic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Adding a couple of affixes isn't content. It's the same dungeon, same adds, same bosses. Saying it is would be like people saying changing the color effects of a spell with the click of a button is content.
    All pve content is the same. Its just your character vs a few new mechanics. Fighting level 1 boar is same content as mythic sire because it's just a few different mechanics.

Do you agree? If not, why?

3+ Year Old Account
    Adding a couple of affixes isn't content. It's the same dungeon, same adds, same bosses. Saying it is would be like people saying changing the color effects of a spell with the click of a button is content.
    Dungeons in bfa with the s2, s3 and s4 affixes felt completly different, so yes, its new content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    I have not seen anyone say September or 2022. Given that it is almost April, 9.1 is not on the ptr and that major content patches are typically tested for 3 months, yeah, I'd say August seems about right. No one is hysterical buddy, it's just logic.
    Yes, I saw both September and 2022 suggestions on this forum. Can't remember if it was this thread, they're all the same to be honest.

You are freaking out cause you're bored and youtube drama queens know how to manipulate you to get more views. Want logic? I'll give you some logic.

1. If you want to estimate PTR length, I would rather suggest to base it on big patches that came around summer, no point to compare it with late year patches that are extended by stuff like Christmas, Thanksgiving or Blizzcon. So let's get examples from last few years:
    - 8.2 - 10 weeks on PTR
    - 7.3 - 9 weeks on PTR
    - 6.2 - 10 weeks on PTR

(by the way, all 3 patches are bigger than 9.1)

So I would say 10 weeks/70 days is better estimation than 3 months/90 days.

2. Even if we agree to 3 months and no PTR this week, 3 months from April is still not August, buddy.

3. From news we heard 9.1 is not hard patch to implement. They don't have to repair serious problems in endgame, just give more content. They even resigned to solve tier sets problem this time around.

4. ONLY word from Blizzard about 9.1 dates (excluding "Towelllie's dev buddy") is that 9.1 PTR will be "soon after 9.0.5". Well for sure we know Blizzard soon is longer than 2 weeks, will it be longer than 2 months though?

5. Imagine what Blizzard HQ would do to Ion and devs when they reveal their plans to not release retail patch in Q2. If they would be so behind, they would just split patch and release raid and dungeon 1-2 months later.

I will agree with people that Q2 release is unlikely if I won't see PTR running on April 20th. Before that, yes, it's hysteria.

5+ Year Old Account
    In less than month this community spiral themselves out of proportions and started to believe that Blizzard is in some panic mode. Kinda hard to talk with people that convinced themselves 9.1 is August/September/2022, we need PTR to make discussion little more sane.
    either a PTR or honest dev communication.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    either a PTR or honest dev communication.
    What's dishonest about current communication? Blizzard never gives roadmap, like it or not, but you know what to expect. They said more or less what 9.1 will contain. Ion said they want start PTR soon after 9.0.5 launch.

What you expect now beside PTR start? "Hold on few more weeks guys" message that would piss everybody? People expect that something is happening when they see blue post.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    Seriously?

Stop buying Blizz PR. There is no reason that Blizz can't put out quality content in a short period of time. They *used* to do that all the time. The time between BC and Wrath was 22 months. Wrath launched with as many dungeons as the last 2 expansions combined, a new class, a new profession, new zones, etc, etc. If anything, with a game this old, Blizz should be able to put out even more content than they did back then.

Blizz executives are putting on their sad eyes, asking for mercy, going on long vacations, and pocketing massive profits...and idiots keep buying this spiel. Stop buying the BS.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's dishonest about current communication? Blizzard never gives roadmap, like it or not, but you know what to expect. They said more or less what 9.1 will contain. Ion said they want start PTR soon after 9.0.5 launch.

What you expect now beside PTR start? "Hold on few more weeks guys" message that would piss everybody? People expect that something is happening when they see blue post.
    Yes, somethink like this. Or maybe: The folliowing issues (x,y,z) affected development so schedule is behind a-b months and features c and d will be cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that with the amount of money we collectively pay Blizzard we should be seeing fresh content every month.
    And that's your opinion. If you don't feel that WoW is giving you good value for your money, then take it elsewhere...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Seriously?

Stop buying Blizz PR. There is no reason that Blizz can't put out quality content in a short period of time. They *used* to do that all the time. The time between BC and Wrath was 22 months. Wrath launched with as many dungeons as the last 2 expansions combined, a new class, a new profession, new zones, etc, etc. If anything, with a game this old, Blizz should be able to put out even more content than they did back then.

Blizz executives are putting on their sad eyes, asking for mercy, going on long vacations, and pocketing massive profits...and idiots keep buying this spiel. Stop buying the BS.
    Actually the release version of Wrath had as much raids as the past four expansions combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never mind that usually the first patch would be out by now and it is not even on the PTR yet.
    Based on what logic would the first patch be out now? Previous patch cycles which have been inconsistent from expansion to expansion? Also did previous expansions have to deal with an actual global pandemic? Or screw the pandemic part, did any previous patch cycles require a majority of the dev team to WFH?
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

You are literally doing THE SAME THING that you are telling us all off for.
    Except I'm not?

Everyone is telling you that they do not agree with you but you keep going.
    Three people in a 25+ page thread =/= everyone. Someone is bad at math, apparently.

Saying that adding a few affixes constitutes new content is your opinion
    Except that was never my argument. I never claimed what is or isn't content. I just said you are not who decides what is or isn't content, and that there are people who think extra difficulties are content.

As someone once said in this thread a thousand times or so, you are not the arbiter of what "content" is or isn't.
    Yeah. A lesson you guys don't seem to want to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

No. you're wrong and, as usual, absolutely refuse to admit it.
    Please keep the projection to a minimum.

People can consider it content all they want but they'd be wrong.
    And here we go again, once more, for the one who ignores facts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I said this before, and I'll say it again: none of you are arbiters of what "content" is or isn't. Some people do think different difficulties are content, whether you like it or not. Whether you accept it or not.

You're not in the right even remotely. But as usual, you place yourself up on a pedestal.
    But I am right, though. Because what I said are facts:
    • You not being the arbiter of what's content and what is not is a fact.
    • People considering extra difficulties content is a fact.

In what reality is that actually content? lmao.
    The reality everyone is part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    (and Legion had 10 dungeons at launch, not 8)
    Well that's depends on how you view Arcway and Court of Stars which originally were Mythic-Only and required Suramar rep to get in. It wasn't until a later patch (7.2) that saw Arcway and Court of Stars added to the heroic dungeon queue.

but Suramar was 10 times more content than The Maw
    Eventually it was but initially Suramar wasn't all that interesting because not only did you have Rep grind but the zone itself underwent changes as patches added to it. Similarly, that's what is planned for the Maw as well. The new "zone" in 9.1 is added to the Maw and according to the storyline previews, the Maw should be "friendlier" in 9.1 (after appropriate storyline questing).

BfA had Warfronts and Island Expeditions (both awful content, but still), SL has Torghast
    True but to put in proper perspective, you would need to compare launch versions of BFA Warfront and IE to Torghast. That would mean only 1 warfront and the original set of IE. And technically Torghast is two activities - standard rotating wings and Twisting Corridors. Granted TC is pretty much dead after you complete it once through Layer 8.
    ---

Actually the release version of Wrath had as much raids as the past four expansions combined.
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.

But don't forget that two of those three raids were one-raid instances: the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.

Also the one big raid at launch was literally a "port" of vanilla's original last raid: Naxxramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrath went live with 3 raids. The last four expansions went live with one raid, that alone makes that statement false.

But don't forget that two of those three raids were one-raid instances: the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.

Also the one big raid at launch was literally a "port" of vanilla's original last raid: Naxxramas.
    still raid content tho

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    still raid content tho
    I never said it isn't, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    But just because you don’t like or hate someone that person still can have some fair points and an opinion that’s worth to be heard (if it’s based on good arguments).
    But the bias is already there. Think of it as the boy who cried wolf too many times. Bellular has a bad rep from the way he does his YT videos. Maybe it's because of the monetization, maybe it's his personality, whatever it is for me it's put Bellular in the non-relevancy camp. It doesn't matter what he says, his comments are non-relevant to me. I will never "tune in" to his stream or videos for anything, period.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    But the bias is already there. Think of it as the boy who cried wolf too many times. Bellular has a bad rep from the way he does his YT videos. Maybe it's because of the monetization, maybe it's his personality, whatever it is for me it's put Bellular in the non-relevancy camp. It doesn't matter what he says, his comments are non-relevant to me. I will never "tune in" to his stream or videos for anything, period.
    You don’t have to. He still gets hundreds of thousands of views for his videos, so he is relevant as a WoW YouTuber, just not for you. I don’t like him either, but he has a huge audience and what he said about 9.1 and Blizzard is pretty much true.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Seriously?

Wrath really isn’t a good example for this case.

While it did launch with 4 more dungeons then shadowlands it also lacked a new launch raid with them reusing naxx so that extra raid dev time likely went into the dungeons and the one boss raids, one would argue doing so made the instant content half baked.

Then you have the zones which tend to have half the quest of recent expan zones and then there was crystal Song which had like no quest so could again be counted as half baked.

Dk’s were also an absolute mess on launch and for a lot of wrath with all three specs being all over the place in terms of role and function.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-03-29 at 03:07 PM.

In Wrath Blizzard didn't have to create a bajillion difficulties for every dungeon and raid nor to make sure dungeons and raids were e-sports appropriate. Can you imagine how draining it must be for a dev to make sure each and every dungeon is m+ and e-sports friendly?