Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So from Dec 8th (Castle Nathria opening) to let's just say end of July is.... 235 Days... That's well short of the LONGEST content drought in wow's history (which again is from Siege to WoD launch).

Maybe the longest from launch to first patch? Someone else can do that math.
    Yeah and that was the initial longest drought thing, from launch of an expansion to first patch (the longest content drought was SoO to WoD launch I think, as you said). 7+ months after Shadowlands launch until 9.1 is pretty long, it usually was 3-5 months in the past.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bottom line is, if you make leveling too quick, don't give enough incentive to level alts, and make endgame unattractive, content will get old very fast. That is pretty much the case with SL. It would be a problem even without the delay. But with a delay....woooh.
    Many will call me crazy, but I think that levelling overall is too fast (Chromie time and SL), while at the same time the SL gameplay is far too timegated. You get to 60 in a 2-3 days at most, and then... you have to grind renown, soul ash, soulbinds, memories, etc. ZzzZZzZzz
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Many will call me crazy, but I think that levelling overall is too fast (Chromie time and SL), while at the same time the SL gameplay is far too timegated. You get to 60 in a 2-3 days at most, and then... you have to grind renown, soul ash, soulbinds, memories, etc. ZzzZZzZzz
    So yeah. You get to the boring endgame part too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean leveling in Shadowlands was slower, but they buffed it. I agree though, it should take more than few hours to reach max level. But that’s the new direction since when, WoD? 5-10 hours until max level. Leveling at this point has barely any use anymore, which is sad.

What difference does it make? The same people who are patiently waiting now would keep patiently waiting until November if that's what it took. Some might unsub but most would just keep paying and doing what they are supposed to(as they see it).

If shadowlands fails blizzard will just blame COVID.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

its almost as if there was a world wide health crisis in the last year and into this year that delayed pretty much everything...production, manufacturing, shipping of products of all kinds, crazy right? ...oh wait this the WoW player base and they don't live in the realities of the real world and are going to criticize, analyze and worry about video game development cycles...

Every single day that passes I thank the gods for discovering FFXIV, it is the better game in almost every aspect by a mile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Every single day that passes I thank the gods for discovering FFXIV, it is the better game in almost every aspect by a mile.
    I'm sure you'll keep thinking that for a year a two :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I'm sure you'll keep thinking that for a year a two :-)
    I have been playing that game on and off for years, Shadowbringers simply solidified my opinion. Your point btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    I have been playing that game on and off for years, Shadowbringers simply solidified my opinion. Your point btw?
    That you sound like a bitter ex who can't leave/refuses to leave and for some reason feels the need to come back here and bitch. If FFXIV is better for you, congrats, now take the next step and leave this forum in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Seriously if your only argument is a video by some neckbeard who earns money by ranting about games you can save the energy of making this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Eh... Do you really want Blizzard to take the time to make a presentation about how they plan on making a "roadmap of the roadmap" of development of 9.X content patches?

And for those who don't know, "roadmap of the roadmap" refers to Star Citizen's development path communication with their supporters...
    Fair point, but I think there are a couple of important differences:

1. WoW is a game that actually exists (I expect SC supporters to come screaming here shortly, sorry about that)
    2. I don't think what you describe is necessary, but there remains the point: WoW has a decision to make. It can keep quiet, of course. As a result, threads like this will happen with some frequency. If this doesn't correlate to a drop in subs, then meh, who cares. None of us know if that is the case, so we are kinda reduced to impotent whining. I just think active communication with customers is good business practice, but also acknowledge I lack the data Blizz certainly has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long it will be before Bellular claims that Blizzard's announcement today about the upcoming PTR was due in part to his video.

Anyway,

For those promoting subscriber numbers as somehow related to fact and accuracy one only need to look at other news media, both print and cable, to skewer that notion. The Internet is like that which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. A calm factual report of Blizzard news will never get the same number of subscribers as someone who engages in semi-regular clickbait and frequent pot-stirring. It's just a silly argument and I don't understand how anyone can make it. Popularity and ratings is never a valid sign of accuracy and factual reporting.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-03-31 at 12:05 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    That's what I've been doing. Been getting back into Destiny 2 until there's new WoW content. I needed the break anyway, I was kind of burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before Bellular claims that Blizzard's announcement today about the upcoming PTR was due in part to his video.
    Don’t you think they came out and gave us this bluepost because of the alarmism that spread in the community after Towellie‘s claim and Bellular‘s video? Blizzard usually doesn’t do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don’t you think they came out and gave us this bluepost because of the alarmism that spread in the community after Towellie‘s claim and Bellular‘s video? Blizzard usually doesn’t do this.
    No I don't. If Blizzard was going to put the PTR up in a couple of weeks then that's the schedule. Some video by Bellular isn't going to get them to change their plans. This is quite the hilarious turning around "Oh, Blizzard never listens to forums." The fact is, where it regards release schedules, they don't. Nor should they.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well if you have youtube critica going off on everything Blizzard does and doesn't do, and Blizzard is just doing their thing and announcing whenever, then yeah the few times that criticism coincides with an announcement would make it seem like there is a connection. And if you're a part of that audience who sides more with the doomsayer than stay objective, then confirmation bias has a bigger influence on the perception of events too.

Bellular makes a video a day, sometimes more, covering all sorts of topics. If Blizzard is adjusting based on feedback, why just this and not the myriad of other videos? Well, because they aren't acting on it at all, and one of the videos just happened to be a topic that actually gets rendered irrelevant since an announcement came just slightly later than what was expected. It wasn't as if it were not expected at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-03-31 at 04:29 PM.

No I don't. If Blizzard was going to put the PTR up in a couple of weeks then that's the schedule. Some video by Bellular isn't going to get them to change their plans. This is quite the hilarious turning around "Oh, Blizzard never listens to forums." The fact is, where it regards release schedules, they don't. Nor should they.
    They usually would do the PTR announcement some days before and give us all the details etc. Plus maybe even the patch notes. I don’t remember that they ever told us PTR is coming in two weeks. This is like an announcement of an announcement and somehow this new form of communication coincided with Towellie‘s and Bellular‘s video(s).

It’s not that they didn’t plan to have the PTR up in mid April, it’s that they tell us two weeks before in a very short notice that PTR is going up in two weeks. I don’t remember them doing this before, but I might be oblivious about it. And if you find similar posts from the last expansions I’m happy to admit that I was wrong.

I disagree with this to an extent, the problem is that they basically showed an uncanny timing for the release of content shortly after the Towlee and Bellular videos went live as if there was a panic button at blizz.

That, and the fact that FF14 is about to get its 5.5 patch at the EXACT same time PTR for wow goes up isnt really coincidence, its proxy timed. Blizzard always launches its content roughly around the point that its hardest competition does to try to discourage people leaving.

They'll likely release the patch around late may to compete with 5.56 for 14 which is the end-of-content patch for FF14, so a June release actually makes alot of sense because its timed to launch exactly a few weeks after 14's final patch launches in may.

No, thats not a conspiracy theory, they've done this before, they launched WoD around the time ESO was launching, and Cata just after SWTOR.

Its not likely the devs themselves pushing for this to be fair though, its likely Activision that doesnt like the idea of loosing revenue, understandably, so they're gonna do what ever it takes to retain players even if it means releasing half-finished patches over completed and bugless ones.