Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    That you sound like a bitter ex who can't leave/refuses to leave and for some reason feels the need to come back here and bitch. If FFXIV is better for you, congrats, now take the next step and leave this forum in peace.
    If you don't like Amurika, you can giiiiiiiiiiiiiiit out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and with this you kill ANY argument you want to say bcs there is not a single thing in wow (or anywhere else) that EVERYONE AGREES

ofc with things that can be factualy correct, there are people who disagree but are simply wrong
    with opinion things (like what is and what isnt content definitely is) there is no such thing as factualy wrong, thats what he says all the time btw if you didnt get that yet
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18? i did say that there are ppl who believe earth is flat, but logic ignores them because how easy to prove they are wrong
    And i'm pretty sure it is easy to prove how Kara +5 isn't different content from Kara +3, since u enter it from exact same portal and u face exact same mobs, just a little beefed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wow, you polled everyone to know "only I" think affixes are content, Mr Arbiter? Including me? Because I don't remember giving my position regarding that.

"I'm claiming we are not arbiters of what content is or isn't, but we totally are arbiters of what content is or isn't."

Literally what you just wrote.
    u literally wrote that affix +5 is different content than affix +3 for exact same dungeon
    how exactly is that new content?
    at least hc raiding (back in wrath) did add some changes, also - not sure this thread or a different one - i did admit that long term it was bad idea not good one, i loved back then and i was wrong, a better raid than ICC normal and HC is ICC and a total different raid (ICC was planned to be way bigger than what we have in game, but as usual time runs out on devs)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    its almost as if there was a world wide health crisis in the last year and into this year that delayed pretty much everything...production, manufacturing, shipping of products of all kinds, crazy right? ...oh wait this the WoW player base and they don't live in the realities of the real world and are going to criticize, analyze and worry about video game development cycles...
    Blaming it on covid is too easy imho. It is very much possible to work from home. Sure, covid may have some impact, but I doubt it is completely crippling them. They don't need to be at the office to make content I imagine.

They screwed up, and that is the truth of it.

wouldn't siege still be #1?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18? i did say that there are ppl who believe earth is flat, but logic ignores them because how easy to prove they are wrong
    And i'm pretty sure it is easy to prove how Kara +5 isn't different content from Kara +3, since u enter it from exact same portal and u face exact same mobs, just a little beefed
    are you familiar with affixes? sounds like not at all...
    and how about raid difficulties? are you honestly saying LFR and mythic raid is the same thing?

you might think its the same content, other people think its different content, and nobody is wrong as that is matter of opinion not fact you can be wrong about...
    its like saying chocolate is better flavour than vanila and everyone who disagree is wrong... its incredibly stupid and egocentric...

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u consider Kara +3 and Kara +5 new content? that we have 19 new dungeons from Kara +0 to Kara +18?
    "New dungeon content" does not mean "new dungeons".

u literally wrote that affix +5 is different content than affix +3 for exact same dungeon
    how exactly is that new content?
    I explained how the addition of affixes changes the gameplay of the dungeon. Which is a fact: it does. Clearing a dungeon in a timer is different than clearing a dungeon in a timer AND worry about blood pools on the ground that greatly damage and slow you but also heal the mobs.

i have 3 alts and the hardest/most time consuming part of my week is torghast, (other than raid/keys) but i enjoy those things and dont consider them chores. (fuck the maw tho)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're in the middle of a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    We're in the middle of a pandemic.
    Is this breaking news or what? We’ve been in a pandemic for 12 months now. Other studios adapted to it and are able to deliver as they did before, others are struggling a lot. I just don’t see how it’s excusable for a company like Blizzard to get away with such an excuse when indie companies can pull it off just fine.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is this breaking news or what? We’ve been in a pandemic for 12 months now. Other studios adapted to it and are able to deliver as they did before, others are struggling a lot. I just don’t see how it’s excusable for a company like Blizzard to get away with such an excuse when indie companies can pull it off just fine.
    In this very specific scenario you're supplying, theres a few things that could make it so the bigger companies take longer. Being bigger usually leans into needing more approval by multiple sources (your boss, your team lead, his boss, ect ect) that can slow things down. In an environment that went from them being across the hall from one another to waiting for method of communication (teams, skype, discord, email, phone calls). Smaller indie have the same thing, but being smaller I imagine there's a lot less of the run about (smaller body count for starters) that won't interfere as much.

Also regarding studios adapting, just about everything that I can think of has been pushed back from their initial launch times, like a lot of games. Everyone adapting didn't change the time table of how much everything has been pushed back.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

5+ Year Old Account
    The pandemic excuse is already tired, give it a rest. Sure, everything was a mess at the beginning for everyone, but most game studios, big and small alike, have resumed their usual business: Zenimax, GGG, SE, THQ Nordic, you name it. If a company, any (software) company is still struggling with remote work after one. Entire. Year, its managers suck donkey balls, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

June 29th or July 6th

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Do you really not get why indie company’s of a few people working from home would be able to get back to pre COVID progress but no a huge company of 100’s who work out of a massive office in a state with strict COVID regulations and wild fires that moved people out of there homes?

It should be pretty self evident.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The pandemic excuse is already tired, give it a rest. Sure, everything was a mess at the beginning for everyone, but most game studios, big and small alike, have resumed their usual business: Zenimax, GGG, SE, THQ Nordic, you name it. If a company, any (software) company is still struggling with remote work after one. Entire. Year, its managers suck donkey balls, plain and simple.
    Even in your own example we have GGG who pushed the poe2 beta from this year to next year so no most company’s haven’t gotten back to where they were.

And here are some other examples. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ign....so-far%3famp=1
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-04-01 at 02:22 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Do you really not get why indie company’s of a few people working from home would be able to get back to pre COVID progress but no a huge company of 100’s who work out of a massive office in a state with strict COVID regulations and wild fires that moved people out of there homes?

It should be pretty self evident.

- - - Updated - - -

Even in your own example we have GGG who pushed the poe2 beta from this year to next year so no most company’s haven’t gotten back to where they were.

And here are some other examples. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ign....so-far%3famp=1
    Sure, there have been delays: PoE2 and Heist league, which felt quite rushed. But one year later, everything's back to normal

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, there have been delays: PoE2 and Heist league, which felt quite rushed. But one year later, everything's back to normal
    I mean delays are the abnormally’S that are effecting blizzard GGG are in the same boat with things pushed back from there normal launch goals.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean delays are the abnormally’S that are effecting blizzard GGG are in the same boat with things pushed back from there normal launch goals.
    Yes, the difference is that the new league of PoE is coming 3 months after the current one started (plus the usual 2 weeks mini events), i.e. business as usual. Meanwhile, Blizzard will come with 9.1 in June at best, i.e. a 3 months delay when compared to BfA.

Yes, the difference is that the new league of PoE is coming 3 months after the current one started (plus the usual 2 weeks mini events), i.e. business as usual. Meanwhile, Blizzard will come with 9.1 in June at best, i.e. a 3 months delay when compared to BfA.
    I love how you guys completely ignore facts to get some non-existent point across.

So what if 8.1 got released early? It had 0 content till 8.1.5, 1.5 months or so after.

Oh yeah i forgot, quests that take 1hr to complete per week are supposedly relevant content to the discussion, or assaults that no one cared to do as they didnt reward anything for any half-competent player 3.5 months in.

Actual content was 5.5 months after release as their average has been for years now.

Basic googling if you didnt actually play the game would at least make you stop sprouting bull.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-04-01 at 03:00 AM.

8.1=/=9.1 in terms of amount of content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Imagine basing your opinion on Bellular's. That guy is making video of nothing but negativity, because drama brings more viewers.
    Actually I've usually found Bellular's videos to be far more balanced and in depth than many other content creators. He has the perspective of a WoW player and a game developer. I work in software dev myself but I don't claim any special wisdom because it's not game development, but I can connect with a lot of the same concepts. Development milestones, development priorities, dependencies, etc.

Bellular does good analysis.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean no not at all, business as usual would be keeping the rate of work where it was before which would mean POE2 wouldn't have been delayed. this is like saying Classic TBC is on track so blizzard is back to business as usual as well.