Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,326
    Soooo, Dominion might be going Oprah with these lawsuits

    https://www.axios.com/dominion-lawsu...1fcb18198.html

    You get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit, EVERYONE THAT SAID OUR NAME AS A ELECTION THIEF GETS A GODDAMN STEAM(Dont sue me Breccia, Im broke) LAWSUIT
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Soooo, Dominion might be going Oprah with these lawsuits

    https://www.axios.com/dominion-lawsu...1fcb18198.html

    You get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit, EVERYONE THAT SAID OUR NAME AS A ELECTION THIEF GETS A GODDAMN STEAM(Dont sue me Breccia, Im broke) LAWSUIT
    Was about to come here and post that. Man am I not gonna be sad if Dominion bankrupts most of Trumpworld, I just hope they use whatever damages they may be awarded for good causes once they pay all their attorney fees.

  3. #63
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mypillow-...135410513.html

    MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said Friday he's hired private investigators to find out why Fox News isn't letting him go on the network as a guest to talk about his baseless claims of election fraud.

    Dominion Voting Systems sued Fox News and Lindell for defamation last month, seeking $1.6 billion and $1.3 billion, respectively. The conservative news network is also facing a $2.7 billion lawsuit by Smartmatic allegedly spreading election misinformation earlier this year.

    Lindell, who has continued to push voter-fraud conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, appeared on Steve Bannon's "War Room: Pandemic" podcast to talk about the lawsuit and Fox News.

    The CEO said he believes that Fox News and their reluctance to speak about the election fraud seem suspicious to him, adding that it is allegedly among several entities involved in a conspiracy against former President Donald Trump.

    In a video of the interview, posted to social media, Bannon says to Lindell: "I don't remember seeing you on Fox recently...Why are the Murdochs afraid of Dominion? Why is Mike Lindell not on Fox and why do they seem to say, hey, when Dominion says something, we're just gonna shut up about it and talk about Biden's tax bill?"

    Read more: Donald Trump is facing legal jeopardy on multiple fronts. Here are the lawyers in his corner.

    "You know, I'm gonna have those answers soon, 'cause I've hired private investigators and I've spent a lot of money on them to investigate everything," Lindell responds.

    "The bots and trolls, who's behind them? Why is Facebook involved, Wikipedia involved? And then the big question: why isn't Fox having people on? Why isn't Fox on there talking about Dominion and Smartmatic and the election fraud?" he added.

    Watch the moment below:

    This is not the first time Lindell has accused the network of conspiring against him.

    Last month, the CEO complained to the "Eric Metaxas Radio Show" that he's unable to go on Fox News to talk about the "absolute proof" he claims to have found about election fraud, adding that he believes the conservative TV network is "in on it."

    "I want to say one thing here - here's things that don't make sense," Lindell said. "Let's just talk about Fox. You're already sued! It's too late to close the gate. The cows are already out of the barn!"

    Even though Lindell hasn't appeared as a guest on Fox News for months, his company is still the leading advertiser of the network's most-viewed show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

    Insider has reached out to Fox News for comment.
    So Lindell is literally paying at least one, maybe more, private investigators to "investigate" why Fox News isn't having him on as a guest. I hope to God that private investigator is charging by the hour because he can go on vacation for two weeks, come back and tell Lindell that after hours of tireless work and investigation he found the answer. To then hand over the Dominion lawsuit Lindell and Fox News have received for pushing a known lie. Like guess what Mother Fucker, Fox News doesn't want to pile more evidence for Dominion to sue them even if you want to gladly dig your grave even deeper. So it seems pretty understandable why Fox News won't have you on since you won't stop spewing lies for your Cheetos dusted idol.

    Oh and another thing, Fox News doesn't have to have you on their shows if they don't fucking want to. You are not owed or deserving of a spot on their t.v. shows if they don't want you there. I know Conservatives cry that they are being silenced because they can't go everywhere and anywhere they want to spew whatever hateful or lie they want but a private company does not have to give you a soapbox to spew said hates and lies if they don't want to.

  4. #64
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,436
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    "MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said Friday he's hired private investigators to find out why Fox News isn't letting him go on the network as a guest to talk about his baseless claims of election fraud."
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    By the way, I missed this earlier. Did anyone else see it?

    Sidney Powell's defense in Dominion Voting Systems' $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against her is being used against her in another court case over her unsubstantiated claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

    Yep. All those times we've said things like "filing lawsuits to attack the election, then say you were only joking lol" might actually have consequences.

    Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Powell's statement was another reason a federal court should approve sanctions against her, Forbes first reported on Wednesday, citing a legal filing.

    Powell "made a series of stunning admissions" in the Dominion lawsuit about her election-fraud claims, "many of which also were made to this Court," the filing said.

    Nessel had asked a federal court in January to sanction Powell and three other attorneys over a lawsuit in Michigan requesting that the state overturn its election result.

    In her filing to the federal court this week, Nessel said Powell's defense in the Dominion lawsuit proved that the attorney's behavior "warrants sanctions because it unreasonably multiplied the proceedings in this case and abused the judicial process."
    For anyone wondering which case she'll lose, ¿por que no los dos? I mentioned before that defendants sometimes ask for separate trials, so each could attack the other and create reasonable doubt. @cubby might have commented on it. This, however, could do the opposite. Both Dominion and Michigan could convince a jury of the likelihood of Powell's offenses, separately, so Powell wouldn't be allowed to pick a side and hope for the best. However, whether that does or doesn't work, yes, anything put into official, under-oath record in a court case can be used in another if relevant -- which this seems to be.

  5. #65
    Mr My pillow can dish it out....

    but apparently on his new service....

    https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/14/2...ive-censorship

    In the more recent video, Lindell explained that the new network would still moderate against profanity and threats of violence — setting it apart from previous right-wing platforms like Parler and Gab, which prided themselves on their refusal to censor offensive speech.

    “You don’t get to use the four swear words: the c-word, the n-word, the f-word, or God’s name in vain,” Lindell says in the video. Instituting that policy will present a significant challenge to conventional automated moderation programs, which are adept at identifying specific strings of text but have no system to distinguish between devout and profane invocations of God.


    and of course the irony of the year.......

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-...b08e452a172f0b

    “Another thing you can’t do in there is totally defame someone,” said Lindell
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    By the way, I missed this earlier. Did anyone else see it?

    Sidney Powell's defense in Dominion Voting Systems' $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against her is being used against her in another court case over her unsubstantiated claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

    Yep. All those times we've said things like "filing lawsuits to attack the election, then say you were only joking lol" might actually have consequences.



    For anyone wondering which case she'll lose, ¿por que no los dos? I mentioned before that defendants sometimes ask for separate trials, so each could attack the other and create reasonable doubt. @cubby might have commented on it. This, however, could do the opposite. Both Dominion and Michigan could convince a jury of the likelihood of Powell's offenses, separately, so Powell wouldn't be allowed to pick a side and hope for the best. However, whether that does or doesn't work, yes, anything put into official, under-oath record in a court case can be used in another if relevant -- which this seems to be.
    It's probably going to be 2022 before all the court cases are even close to being over. Just in time for Storm the Capitol 2: This time we all get arrested!

  7. #67
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,498
    We should really just turn this into a MEGA-thread to cover all the defamation suits but w/e.

    Fox argues that they didn't need to fact check statements from an attorney filing law suits in court. I hate to say it, I really hate to say it, but I actually agree with them on this position. It's why I think Dominion will lose this suit and also the exact reason I think Dominion will win their suit against Sydney and Rudi.

  8. #68
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,436
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I actually agree with them on this position.
    Even if you didn't, "We report that Powell said this" would probably be a loophole.

    Of course, this is still bad news for Team Trump. Even FOX News is saying "We took them seriously" which castrates their "nobody should" defense.

  9. #69
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Even if you didn't, "We report that Powell said this" would probably be a loophole.

    Of course, this is still bad news for Team Trump. Even FOX News is saying "We took them seriously" which castrates their "nobody should" defense.
    Agree - Fox's defense literally scuttles any chance Sydney/Rudi have at defeating their own lawsuits.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agree - Fox's defense literally scuttles any chance Sydney/Rudi have at defeating their own lawsuits.
    Damn, and I thought the “I was deliberately wasting the court’s time with unbelievable and unreasonable bs,” defense was rock solid.

  11. #71
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,326
    one rat saving itself by climbing on the other rats
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  12. #72
    Bad news for Fox, Newsmax settled their defamation lawsuit with dominion.

  13. #73
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bad news for Fox, Newsmax settled their defamation lawsuit with dominion.
    This is bad news for FOX News, but I wonder how it will affect the lawsuits against the original falsehood pushers. FOX News, Newsmax, and OANN can say "hey, this important person said it, we just covered them with relentless zeal because we wanted it to be true". They did not file court motions and did not say these things under oath. If, say, Powell tries "I'm sorry, it wasn't true" with Dominion, that's evidence in any legal case against them for whatever version of perjury that turns out to be.

    Out of the frying pan, dot dot dot.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is bad news for FOX News, but I wonder how it will affect the lawsuits against the original falsehood pushers. FOX News, Newsmax, and OANN can say "hey, this important person said it, we just covered them with relentless zeal because we wanted it to be true". They did not file court motions and did not say these things under oath. If, say, Powell tries "I'm sorry, it wasn't true" with Dominion, that's evidence in any legal case against them for whatever version of perjury that turns out to be.

    Out of the frying pan, dot dot dot.
    Newsmax likely already tried, or at least looked at, that defense. It didn’t work out for them. And Powell already filed a legal defense of “no reasonable person would buy my claims” which cuts the legs out from under organizations that are supposed to vet their news. The legal filings can be used as evidence in other cases.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bad news for Fox, Newsmax settled their defamation lawsuit with dominion.
    meh fox is great at secret sealed settlements they never have to admit to their viewers they settled on.

    Though its mostly related to Sex Crimes they should have enough experience to settle for a few hundred million and quietly never mention it on the air.

    I
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  16. #76
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    meh fox is great at secret sealed settlements they never have to admit to their viewers they settled on.
    You can't use "this is sealed" when it's subpoena'd by another court case. Which I really hope happens.

  17. #77
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bad news for Fox, Newsmax settled their defamation lawsuit with dominion.
    Agreed. It could mean they didn't think they could win in court, or, it could mean they didn't want this case to see a courtroom. Both are great outcomes. I really didn't think these cases against the news agencies had any legs.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. It could mean they didn't think they could win in court, or, it could mean they didn't want this case to see a courtroom. Both are great outcomes. I really didn't think these cases against the news agencies had any legs.
    When you stop reporting it as claims by others and start reporting as a statement of facts there’s at least SOME legs. Faux will likely settle like they did in the Seth Rich case. Quietly with the plaintiff getting money and a quiet apology... of course, dominion COULD press for a public retraction and apology, but that Seth Rich case was just settled last year after Fox spent a ton tying it up in litigation.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. It could mean they didn't think they could win in court, or, it could mean they didn't want this case to see a courtroom. Both are great outcomes. I really didn't think these cases against the news agencies had any legs.
    I really wish Dominion hadn't let them settle and forced them all to come to the court room and took them to task for it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  20. #80
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When you stop reporting it as claims by others and start reporting as a statement of facts there’s at least SOME legs. Faux will likely settle like they did in the Seth Rich case. Quietly with the plaintiff getting money and a quiet apology... of course, dominion COULD press for a public retraction and apology, but that Seth Rich case was just settled last year after Fox spent a ton tying it up in litigation.
    I hope there is some kind of public apology - one of them already apologized for their coverage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •