Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hope there is some kind of public apology - one of them already apologized for their coverage.
    They can apologize by being sued into the ground.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Sidney Powell done really fucked up now.

Sydney's defense against the multiple defamation lawsuits has been that no one should have taken her seriously, and that they were just opinions. Recently her attorneys argued that the suit by Dominion (and others) should be dropped because "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern."

However, because she's an idiot, in a speech a few weeks ago, she said in front of a full crowd,
    I don’t think they realized that some of us litigators were going to catch on and hold their feet to the fire and expose what really happened or that they could shut us up by, say, suing me for 4.3 billion dollars in three different states. Threatening me is like waving a red flag in a bull’s face. [Dominion’s suit against her should be dismissed because] “number one, they don't have jurisdiction over us and number two, we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up.”
    Fucking whoops. Dominion must be doing cartwheels at this point.

Sidney Powell done really fucked up now.

Sydney's defense against the multiple defamation lawsuits has been that no one should have taken her seriously, and that they were just opinions. Recently her attorneys argued that the suit by Dominion (and others) should be dropped because "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern."

However, because she's an idiot, in a speech a few weeks ago, she said in front of a full crowd,

Fucking whoops. Dominion must be doing cartwheels at this point.
    Rule #1: never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Rule #1: never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. LOL.
    You know, they always say: "It's good to learn from your mistakes."

I've always amended that to say: "It's good to learn from your mistakes, but it's even better to learn from others' mistakes."

I'm now thinking I should add add another corollary: "It's good to learn from your mistakes and it's even better to learn from others' mistakes, but the best thing is to earn from others' mistakes."

Cheers, Dominion!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

"we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up.”
    In which of the sixty-plus lawsuits was that evidence provided?

This is funny, but again, she lost any chance to say "Hah hah, I was just joking" when she filed lawsuits to overturn the election based on her claims about Dominion. Or, just as relevant, she could admit she filed sixty-plus meritless, baseless lawsuits and, well, those states could turn on her for such an admission and also she'd get disbarred.

There is also the added paradoxical hilarity that we've discussed before. FOX News is asking for the lawsuit against them to be dropped, because they were just reporting what Trump's personal lawyers were saying, because Trump's personal lawyers attacking the election counts as news. Powell, meanwhile, is saying nobody reasonable would believe her. Which is, of course, a contradiction. If FOX News took Powell seriously, Powell's defense is disintegrated. If FOX News didn't take Powell seriuosly but reported on it anyhow, FOX's defense is disintegrated. (If FOX News tries "nobody should take us seriously" as a network, every single network that isn't FOX wil run that in ads nonstop, probably popping champagne and laughing at the top of their lungs)

I really want the records of each case introduced in the other's. These cases cannot be allowed to exist in a vacuum. Either the claims about Dominion were to be taken seriously, or they weren't. This isn't Schroedinger's Election Hack.

Now Powell could save herself and FOX by presenting the evidence she claims she has. I'm not going to hold my breath -- I'd turn blue and have to roll Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In which of the sixty-plus lawsuits was that evidence provided?

This is funny, but again, she lost any chance to say "Hah hah, I was just joking" when she filed lawsuits to overturn the election based on her claims about Dominion. Or, just as relevant, she could admit she filed sixty-plus meritless, baseless lawsuits and, well, those states could turn on her for such an admission and also she'd get disbarred.

There is also the added paradoxical hilarity that we've discussed before. FOX News is asking for the lawsuit against them to be dropped, because they were just reporting what Trump's personal lawyers were saying, because Trump's personal lawyers attacking the election counts as news. Powell, meanwhile, is saying nobody reasonable would believe her. Which is, of course, a contradiction. If FOX News took Powell seriously, Powell's defense is disintegrated. If FOX News didn't take Powell seriuosly but reported on it anyhow, FOX's defense is disintegrated. (If FOX News tries "nobody should take us seriously" as a network, every single network that isn't FOX wil run that in ads nonstop, probably popping champagne and laughing at the top of their lungs)

I really want the records of each case introduced in the other's. These cases cannot be allowed to exist in a vacuum. Either the claims about Dominion were to be taken seriously, or they weren't. This isn't Schroedinger's Election Hack.

Now Powell could save herself and FOX by presenting the evidence she claims she has. I'm not going to hold my breath -- I'd turn blue and have to roll Alliance.
    The issue with quantum fraud is the if its observed it doesn't exist but if not observed it is there.

This is not something I say lightly because I think such things NORMALLY shouldn't happen. But she is such a vile piece of shit that I think there should be an exception...in her case, I want her to be held liable for the full 1.6 billion, and be placed in indentured servitude in a labor camp until she dies or it's paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    be placed in indentured servitude in a labor camp until she dies or it's paid off.
    Rather than debate the morals or ethics, I'll simply point out that she's sixty-six. Barring special cases like paying off whores with their own money, the highest-paid lawyers stil get $250,000 or less. Powell in govt servitude would be lucky to clear $8 million, let alone the 200x she'd owe.

Back to morals and ethics: she said something that should be career-ending. It might very well have been. But again, she's 66 and rich, so that part's barely relavent. The lawsuit is about taking away every scrap of credit she's ever built up over her entire career. Which, considering what she claimed about Dominion and the election in general, has merit. It's kind of like being the best K-12 principal for 40 years then being caught fucking a student. Look at Penn State if you want an example.

She attacked Democracy itself. She was one of the forefront leaders of the election hoax. Not only does this need to cost her, it needs to cost her so much nobody ever does it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Rather than debate the morals or ethics, I'll simply point out that she's sixty-six. Barring special cases like paying off whores with their own money, the highest-paid lawyers stil get $250,000 or less. Powell in govt servitude would be lucky to clear $8 million, let alone the 200x she'd owe.

Back to morals and ethics: she said something that should be career-ending. It might very well have been. But again, she's 66 and rich, so that part's barely relavent. The lawsuit is about taking away every scrap of credit she's ever built up over her entire career. Which, considering what she claimed about Dominion and the election in general, has merit. It's kind of like being the best K-12 principal for 40 years then being caught fucking a student. Look at Penn State if you want an example.

She attacked Democracy itself. She was one of the forefront leaders of the election hoax. Not only does this need to cost her, it needs to cost her so much nobody ever does it ever again.
    *stands up and claps*

All of the conspiracy nutters on networks, in business, and in government need to be taken out back and taught a very very dire lesson in fucking around and finding out.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Going to include this here, as sort of a "MEGA" thread for all those being sued for defamation from the election fraud conspiracy nonsense. Domino filed suit against OAN claiming defamation.

Turns out OAN's 'expert mathematician' who claimed to prove election fraud had a job 'setting up swing sets' and is a convicted felon.

Whoops.