Thread: Undead Paladin?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That would be an interesting development.
    a Naaru helped her suddenly care about her people and helped raise her as a lightforged undead.
    clear signs she might be a slave to the light.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  2. #222
    The problem with letting things occur in this game, or at least trying to change things, is people are tooooooooo consumed by lore issues. Lore this and lore that. Lore IMO is boring as shit for this game. It allows way too much limitations on how the game can be done and what to do for it.
    People on this thread only get pissed at you when you don't agree with them...FACT

  3. #223
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Calia is a slave to the light. she just doesnt know it yet
    Technically all paladins are, except maybe OG blood knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Technically all paladins are, except maybe OG blood knights.
    Direction of Forsaken taking the Light into their own hands and using it for their own dark and twisted purposes seems like a fun angle. I would just worry that Blood Elves would be jealous of Forsaken getting basically their story after it was written out of theirs. Might make some people salty. I'd rather Forsaken get something a bit more unique so that Blood Elves could also get their original take back on their own terms one day, too.

    Maybe if the Blood Elves returned back to roots manipulating the Light like they used to they could guide the Forsaken in this kind of direction -- and the Forsaken maybe stumbling on their own way. Makes some sense considering their past allegiances and reliance on each other and all that that Blood Elves would teach Forsaken. It would be a very radical turn to take the Blood Elves from what they have been doing for a long time, though... might feel out of left field, depending on how it's handled, though.

  5. #225
    High Overlord Ansi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argent Dawn EU
    Posts
    127
    I think Undead paladins will be available in 9.3 ‘instead’ of allied races. Probably with more new combinations and intro questlines.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    The problem with letting things occur in this game, or at least trying to change things, is people are tooooooooo consumed by lore issues. Lore this and lore that. Lore IMO is boring as shit for this game. It allows way too much limitations on how the game can be done and what to do for it.
    dude, speak for yourself.

  7. #227
    Old Better lore: Undeads cant be paladins or holy priests for that matter since the holy light hurts them its a matter of 2 universal forces that are in conflict death and light.

    New lore: Blizz made "Undead lightforged" or something and i guess they should be paladins.

    Note: I think they should remove class and race restrictions in retail for the simple reason, lore has no value anymore they have reduced the lore to a husk of what it used to be.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    dude, speak for yourself.
    Millions of players in this game. Unfortunately I doubt I am in this boat all by myself. The lore of this game does limit what can be done.
    People on this thread only get pissed at you when you don't agree with them...FACT

  9. #229

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    The problem with letting things occur in this game, or at least trying to change things, is people are tooooooooo consumed by lore issues. Lore this and lore that. Lore IMO is boring as shit for this game. It allows way too much limitations on how the game can be done and what to do for it.
    Feh. Not really a problem at all.

    Lore people will complain regardless of what Blizzard does, Blizzard does regardless of what lore people complain about.

    Night Elf Mages, Blood Elves on Horde, Demons don't actually die. What is really so sacred about the lore that Blizzard can't get away with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  11. #231
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,586
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    a Naaru helped her suddenly care about her people and helped raise her as a lightforged undead.
    clear signs she might be a slave to the light.
    I don't know if she "suddenly" cared...it could be a mixture of a lot of things.

    Maybe she expected her people to react much like how some of the players react, treating her like she is as guilty of crimes as her brother is.
    Perhaps she wasn't sure how she'd fit in with her being living and they being Undead
    Maybe she thought they'd want her dead because of her brother
    With Sylvanas abandoning the Forsaken she saw they were lost and could use some guidance

    Though I'm not saying that you're wrong though, we did see what they tried to do to Illidan.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I don't know if she "suddenly" cared...it could be a mixture of a lot of things.

    Maybe she expected her people to react much like how some of the players react, treating her like she is as guilty of crimes as her brother is.
    Perhaps she wasn't sure how she'd fit in with her being living and they being Undead
    Maybe she thought they'd want her dead because of her brother
    With Sylvanas abandoning the Forsaken she saw they were lost and could use some guidance

    Though I'm not saying that you're wrong though, we did see what they tried to do to Illidan.
    well she went from not wanting to lead her "people" to suddenly having nightmares, then whatever that Naaru's name told her the only way for them to go away was for her to lead her "people". if i remember right. its still a sudden change of character.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  13. #233
    The Lightbringer KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Technically all paladins are, except maybe OG blood knights.

    Man, I do miss the original Blood Knight lore back in TBC, pre-Sunwell raid.

  14. #234
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,586
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    well she went from not wanting to lead her "people" to suddenly having nightmares, then whatever that Naaru's name told her the only way for them to go away was for her to lead her "people". if i remember right. its still a sudden change of character.
    Well that could simply be because of Blizzard's not so perfect writing and they just decided "Oh, she could maybe replace Sylvanas"
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  15. #235
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Man, I do miss the original Blood Knight lore back in TBC, pre-Sunwell raid.
    So do I. It was the main reason for... well, MAINing a belf pally in BC
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •