Thread: Undead Paladin?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I agree. But, again, there is little info to why they are able to use the light. It would need to be expanded for a lot of people to accept it (see how people are STILL annoyed with Tauren Paladin despite explaining it is more Druidic magic that mimics Paladin powers in lore.)
    I feel like it's a lot easier to understand with Forsaken because we know they believed in the Light and had Paladins in life, whereas the precedent for Tauren Paladins was more adjacent to another class so maybe not as obvious, though it was an original faith and take maybe because it was original and less generic it was harder to understand..?

Since the Forsaken would revere and worship the Light in the same manner the Scarlets do as anti-undead zealots, maybe that's easier to understand because the early comparisons are there. A problem I see with that though is unless fallen Scarlets (like Voss was) recruited into the Forsaken due to humanity hunting them down it may be a hard sell for Forsaken to behave like their eternal foe the Scarlet Crusade - though they both already hate the Scourge - but if the Scarlet Crisade is absorbed, then those being Scarlets as outcasts in their own society seems more believable. Hard to imagine who could recruit the Scarlets -- Voss comes to mind as she was one and maybe could prove herself to those Scarlets and has to the Forsaken already.

Might need to think about it more.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Undead Paladins should never happen since in Lore the Light Hurts the undead...

But...

If you ask me,
    one of the best way to introduce Undead paladins would be with a system that changed all the "names and/or changed all the Colors of the spells of a class"

Someone call this Class Skins or Class identity.

So, we would have Undead Paladins with all the skills Paladins have but the class would be called something like Void Knight with the Label like this Void Knight (Paladin), This way there would not be Confusion what type of class it was at the base line.

Same we could do with the Sunwalkers and Blood elf paladins... both of them are different kind of Paladins, so chaning their class label to Sunwalker (Paladin) and Blood Knight (Paladin) would be really cool an immersive.

This change would also change the color or the spells.... not how the spell works or looks... but only the color... so that Blizzard did not have to do 100 hours of spell Redisign for each Class/race combo when it came to paladins.

So, this would give us the Undead paladins... but make it something like a Void Warrior where all of the spells would do void damage and have a void taint to it... but every spell would look and feel like the paladin.

This would make the Lore people like me happy and the people that only care to play undead paladins for show and looks happy ^^
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-04-19 at 02:42 PM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

5+ Year Old Account
    Racial themed skins for spells? Sign me in please, that would be so !@#$ing awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    She will lead us down the path to Forsaken Paladins...

...but I won't say her name since it whips this forum up into a frenzy, much like saying Slyvanus.
    if you are talking about Calia. she is a different undead than the playable Forsaken.

they were raised differently.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    if you are talking about Calia. she is a different undead than the playable Forsaken.

they were raised differently.

Yeah I know and it's that same reason why I think they will use her as the catalyst to introduce light-infused Forsaken, and by extension Forsaken Paladins.

Almost, but not quite, similar to the Void Elf situation. Alleria transformed into a Void Elf by consuming/fusing/merging/absorbing a Void naaru while the rest of the Void Elf race became Void Elves by being infused with the Void.

In both cases, a naaru was involved. I just wonder...
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-19 at 10:08 PM.

Yeah I know and it's that same reason why I think they will use her as the catalyst to introduce light-infused Forsaken, and by extension Forsaken Paladins.

Almost, but not quite, similar to the Void Elf situation. Alleria transformed into a Void Elf by consuming/fusing/merging/absorbing a Void naaru while the rest of the Void Elf race became Void Elves by being infused with the Void.

In both cases, a naaru was involved. I just wonder...
    Calia is a slave to the light. she just doesnt know it yet

Yes, the one class that would attract individuals willing to endure endless torment and pain in service of their faith is definitely not a class that would ever attract individuals willing to endure endless torment and pain in service of their faith.

Also, undead holy priests casts all kinds of Light spells on themselves and other undead without any problem. Including long term (effectively permanent) buffs that fill them with light.

But who cares about any of that? Random people who think racial restrictions aren't at all an outdated concept (and has been for decades, just like all RPG's granddaddy figured out back in 2000) say "well dey couldn't be one before, so there MUST be a reason for it, and anyone saying they should be able to be one is just wrong for Reasons(tm)!" And, apparently, that's gospel no matter how utterly ridiculous an argument it is.

Undead Paladins would be the most paladiny paladins of all paladins in the game, simply for their willingness to endure the (alleged) pain.

Also you guys should look up self-flagellation and similar real-world religious practices sometime, too.
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-20 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Yes, the one class that would attract individuals willing to endure endless torment and pain in service of their faith is definitely not a class that would ever attract individuals willing to endure endless torment and pain in service of their faith.

Also, undead holy priests casts all kinds of Light spells on themselves and other undead without any problem. Including long term (effectively permanent) buffs that fill them with light.

But who cares about any of that? Random people who think racial restrictions aren't at all an outdated concept (and has been for decades, just like all RPG's granddaddy figured out back in 2000) say "well dey couldn't be one before, so there MUST be a reason for it, and anyone saying they should be able to be one is just wrong for Reasons(tm)!" And, apparently, that's gospel no matter how utterly ridiculous an argument it is.

Undead Paladins would be the most paladiny paladins of all paladins in the game, simply for their willingness to endure the (alleged) pain.

Also you guys should look up self-flagellation and similar real-world religious practices sometime, too.
    Self-flagellation does seem like a very Forsaken thing to do, given some of the Forsaken's penchant for being emotionally mute, or emotionally dull to anything besides pain. It seems incredibly on-brand for their kind of faith to be kind of metal in the sense that they're suffering more. Especially, as "what joy is there in this curse," and all that. Undeath isn't a very happy-go-lucky situation, and if faith would be a kind of reprieve on that it would kind of lessen the Forsaken's situation as then people could just turn around and go, "well just worship the Light if you want to have a good Undeath." Having even that be kind of torturous, like the rest of their existence, brings it a bit more gravity to their situation, like there really is no recourse for death and that it is really kind of like a living hell. But most importantly of all I think there is definitely a point to be made that this kind of angle is pretty bad-ass in a way that is very Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account

That would be an interesting development.

That would be an interesting development.
    a Naaru helped her suddenly care about her people and helped raise her as a lightforged undead.
    clear signs she might be a slave to the light.

The problem with letting things occur in this game, or at least trying to change things, is people are tooooooooo consumed by lore issues. Lore this and lore that. Lore IMO is boring as shit for this game. It allows way too much limitations on how the game can be done and what to do for it.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

5+ Year Old Account
    Technically all paladins are, except maybe OG blood knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Technically all paladins are, except maybe OG blood knights.
    Direction of Forsaken taking the Light into their own hands and using it for their own dark and twisted purposes seems like a fun angle. I would just worry that Blood Elves would be jealous of Forsaken getting basically their story after it was written out of theirs. Might make some people salty. I'd rather Forsaken get something a bit more unique so that Blood Elves could also get their original take back on their own terms one day, too.

Maybe if the Blood Elves returned back to roots manipulating the Light like they used to they could guide the Forsaken in this kind of direction -- and the Forsaken maybe stumbling on their own way. Makes some sense considering their past allegiances and reliance on each other and all that that Blood Elves would teach Forsaken. It would be a very radical turn to take the Blood Elves from what they have been doing for a long time, though... might feel out of left field, depending on how it's handled, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Undead paladins will be available in 9.3 ‘instead’ of allied races. Probably with more new combinations and intro questlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    The problem with letting things occur in this game, or at least trying to change things, is people are tooooooooo consumed by lore issues. Lore this and lore that. Lore IMO is boring as shit for this game. It allows way too much limitations on how the game can be done and what to do for it.
    dude, speak for yourself.

Old Better lore: Undeads cant be paladins or holy priests for that matter since the holy light hurts them its a matter of 2 universal forces that are in conflict death and light.

New lore: Blizz made "Undead lightforged" or something and i guess they should be paladins.

Note: I think they should remove class and race restrictions in retail for the simple reason, lore has no value anymore they have reduced the lore to a husk of what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    dude, speak for yourself.
    Millions of players in this game. Unfortunately I doubt I am in this boat all by myself. The lore of this game does limit what can be done.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Feh. Not really a problem at all.

Lore people will complain regardless of what Blizzard does, Blizzard does regardless of what lore people complain about.

Night Elf Mages, Blood Elves on Horde, Demons don't actually die. What is really so sacred about the lore that Blizzard can't get away with?

10+ Year Old Account
    a Naaru helped her suddenly care about her people and helped raise her as a lightforged undead.
    clear signs she might be a slave to the light.
    I don't know if she "suddenly" cared...it could be a mixture of a lot of things.

Maybe she expected her people to react much like how some of the players react, treating her like she is as guilty of crimes as her brother is.
    Perhaps she wasn't sure how she'd fit in with her being living and they being Undead
    Maybe she thought they'd want her dead because of her brother
    With Sylvanas abandoning the Forsaken she saw they were lost and could use some guidance

Though I'm not saying that you're wrong though, we did see what they tried to do to Illidan.