Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,964
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So....you are saying that identity politics is something you conservatives practice yourselves, but it's only bad when your opponents are doing it?
    No. Where have I done that? I care about *ideas* and not any political groups such as conservatives. The large majority of things and cultural traditions are not worth conserving and only hinder innovation and progress. However, conservatism is necessary to some extent because even the liberals in society who are open to change can still easily be wrong about what constitutes progress, so conservatives slow them down to ensure that policy changes are highly incremental and not so drastic that they cannot be easily reversed when necessary.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  2. #22
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No. Where have I done that? I care about *ideas* and not any political groups such as conservatives. The large majority of things and cultural traditions are not worth conserving and only hinder innovation and progress.
    In bold, cultural genocide presented plainly as if it's not a monstrous argument.

    However, conservatism is necessary to some extent because even the liberals in society who are open to change can still easily be wrong about what constitutes progress, so conservatives slow them down to ensure that policy changes are highly incremental and not so drastic that they cannot be easily reversed when necessary.
    This is nonsensical. Worse, it's internally contradictory, as it makes it clear you do not evaluate ideas on their merits, but weigh liberal and conservative identities against each other. Because if you really believed your "I care about *ideas*" claim, you would condemn conservativism as an ideology for standing in the way of necessary progress on *good ideas*. You don't though. As you demonstrated here.

    While also supporting cultural genocide.

    And claiming to be the reasonable voice in the discussion.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No. Where have I done that? I care about *ideas* and not any political groups such as conservatives. The large majority of things and cultural traditions are not worth conserving and only hinder innovation and progress. However, conservatism is necessary to some extent because even the liberals in society who are open to change can still easily be wrong about what constitutes progress, so conservatives slow them down to ensure that policy changes are highly incremental and not so drastic that they cannot be easily reversed when necessary.
    Yeah, conservative ideas. Ideas that harm people. Way to split hairs between subscribing to harmful ideology, and subscribing to a group that promotes that same harmful ideology, but it's not particularly compelling either scenario.

    You are still a bad faith actor, regardless.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  4. #24
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,678
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The large majority of things and cultural traditions are not worth conserving and only hinder innovation and progress.
    Oh look, I see someone's gone full White Man's Burden. lol.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In bold, cultural genocide presented plainly as if it's not a monstrous argument.

    This is nonsensical. Worse, it's internally contradictory, as it makes it clear you do not evaluate ideas on their merits, but weigh liberal and conservative identities against each other. Because if you really believed your "I care about *ideas*" claim, you would condemn conservativism as an ideology for standing in the way of necessary progress on *good ideas*. You don't though. As you demonstrated here. While also supporting cultural genocide. And claiming to be the reasonable voice in the discussion.
    The worst thing about such simple minded beliefs...is just that; his beliefs...and not one shred as to why he believes in some of the most inane bullshit.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The GOP constantly warn against coastal elites. Yet they go on to elect wealthy scions like Trump, Hawley, Cotton, and Rafael Cruz.
    Then try to pass themselves off as average Joe.

    Why doesnt the media call them out on this bait and switch?

    Consider the curious case of Dan Rodimer:
    Runs in NV 2020 with a conventual accent. Loses his race.


    Starts a new campaign for a TX district in 2021. All of a sudden its HEY Y'ALL IM BIG DAN WOO HAA.



    Which on is the phony? Which one is real? Is this identity politics at it's worst?

    Family of 5... Family of 7.....

    My god they are just multiplying like cockroaches.


    lol "make our daughters unsafe in sports".....because.....ummm....

    i love how Danny does not explain anything.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Family of 5... Family of 7.....

    My god they are just multiplying like cockroaches.


    lol "make our daughters unsafe in sports".....because.....ummm....

    i love how Danny does not explain anything.
    His target demo knows about the transphobia that’s being stoked.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His target demo knows about the transphobia that’s being stoked.
    i mean they are more likely to have safety issues from the coach, teachers and at "sports" related parties then actually in the sports.

    If they were this concerned they probably would have outlawed some other activities by now like bible study
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i mean they are more likely to have safety issues from the coach, teachers and at "sports" related parties then actually in the sports.

    If they were this concerned they probably would have outlawed some other activities by now like bible study
    Anytime a trans female is introduced into an all female locker room these assholes act like it's some rapist. Idk, feels like projection to me. "If I was a guy allowed in a girls' locker room I'd do horrific things to those girls when nobody is looking, therefor these other people must be the same way."

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The GOP constantly warn against coastal elites. Yet they go on to elect wealthy scions like Trump, Hawley, Cotton, and Rafael Cruz.
    Then try to pass themselves off as average Joe.

    Why doesnt the media call them out on this bait and switch?

    Consider the curious case of Dan Rodimer:
    Runs in NV 2020 with a conventual accent. Loses his race.




    Starts a new campaign for a TX district in 2021. All of a sudden its HEY Y'ALL IM BIG DAN WOO HAA.



    Which on is the phony? Which one is real? Is this identity politics at it's worst?
    He wasn't;t even riding the bull either.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  11. #31
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anytime a trans female is introduced into an all female locker room these assholes act like it's some rapist. Idk, feels like projection to me. "If I was a guy allowed in a girls' locker room I'd do horrific things to those girls when nobody is looking, therefor these other people must be the same way."
    Not to mention that their attitude is explicitly to take theses girls out of the women's locker rooms and bathrooms, and make them use the men's.

    Like that's not gonna get them targeted for abuse and harm, directly and overtly.

    It's really fuckin' crystal clear that their goal isn't safety for everyone, it's ensuring that transgender people face as much abuse and harm as they can arrange for.

    Also telling that they're always focusing on the girls who were identified male at birth, rather than the guys who were identified female. Who, you'd assume, are expected to use the ladies' rooms? Even though they're men?

    The bathroom/locker room horseshit is just hunting for an excuse to put transgender people at risk and feel good that they're being hurt. It's empty misanthrophy and transphobia, and is rooted in nothing but sadism.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-03-27 at 08:59 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not to mention that their attitude is explicitly to take theses girls out of the women's locker rooms and bathrooms, and make them use the men's.

    Like that's not gonna get them targeted for abuse and harm, directly and overtly.

    It's really fuckin' crystal clear that their goal isn't safety for everyone, it's ensuring that transgender people face as much abuse and harm as they can arrange for.

    Also telling that they're always focusing on the girls who were identified male at birth, rather than the guys who were identified female. Who, you'd assume, are expected to use the ladies' rooms? Even though they're men?

    The bathroom/locker room horseshit is just hunting for an excuse to put transgender people at risk and feel good that they're being hurt. It's empty misanthrophy and transphobia, and is rooted in nothing but sadism.
    Tbf, some also say it’s because they think a trans woman has an advantage over cisgender athletes... I’ve seen no evidence that’s happened in the past and the professionals I have heard discuss the topic couldn’t care less if someone is trans. So, I am going with misinformed transphobic bs when people raise either concern.

  13. #33
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    He wasn't;t even riding the bull either.
    They managed to not show his face while riding but weren't able to put his glove on the correct hand, give him the same west and boots, not change the bull with one with an entirely different fur pattern in between shots and get the bulls gender right.

    "We call that beast pelosi" So they just assigned a different gender to a bull?

    He should've stayed in new jersey and be irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  14. #34
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Will someone just let me swirly this dippy motherfucker and then shove him in a locker?

    Didn't he buy a truck he needs a step stool to get up in too?

    Ahem, anyway, welcome to white grievance culture. It's all the party is about at this point. Not like they have an actual platform other than shitting on all the people not like them.
    The comments on the video were mostly people mocking the stunt double bull rider, and the "I'll vote republican no matter what" posters.

    So your not wrong.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Tbf, some also say it’s because they think a trans woman has an advantage over cisgender athletes... I’ve seen no evidence that’s happened in the past and the professionals I have heard discuss the topic couldn’t care less if someone is trans. So, I am going with misinformed transphobic bs when people raise either concern.
    Some trans athletes have broken school records, which some conservatives hold up as PROOF of something.

    Meanwhile in reality, they make up a tiny fraction of the overall winners at girls sporting events in school and are routinely beat by cisgendered girls - https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-sports-teams/

    You haven't seen evidence of it because the sinister plan for a bunch of boys/men to go all Juwanna Mann in girls/women's sports is a literal strawman.

  16. #36
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Tbf, some also say it’s because they think a trans woman has an advantage over cisgender athletes... I’ve seen no evidence that’s happened in the past and the professionals I have heard discuss the topic couldn’t care less if someone is trans. So, I am going with misinformed transphobic bs when people raise either concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some trans athletes have broken school records, which some conservatives hold up as PROOF of something.

    Meanwhile in reality, they make up a tiny fraction of the overall winners at girls sporting events in school and are routinely beat by cisgendered girls - https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-sports-teams/

    You haven't seen evidence of it because the sinister plan for a bunch of boys/men to go all Juwanna Mann in girls/women's sports is a literal strawman.
    And, again, that's just naked transphobia and desire to harm others for being transgender; pure sadism.

    You'll note that the "protection" is offered to "real" girls, but forcing the transgender athletes to compete with men or not compete at all is just as directly harmful as what they claim is happening to girls.

    With the caveat that, as Edge- notes, there's no real advantages in play, particularly for athletics in schools, particularly if puberty blockers and hormonal treatments are applied early.

    It's just a desire to hurt transgender people. There really isn't anything else to these movements. Just pure sadism directed at transgender people, relishing in the pain they can inflict upon them. That's it. That's as deep and complex as it gets.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's just a desire to hurt transgender people. There really isn't anything else to these movements. Just pure sadism directed at transgender people, relishing in the pain they can inflict upon them. That's it. That's as deep and complex as it gets.
    Meanwhile, next on their docket is passing crap like allowing doctors to not treat us if it violates their religious faith, which Arkansas did on the heels of their sportsball obsession. The sports thing is just their latest attempt to change the topic of conversation from the fact that most people are very much in favor of barring discrimination.

    I've been on the receiving end of some blatant bigotry regarding basic healthcare needs, and this shit is outright frightening at this point. We're going to end up with another Tyra Hunter before long.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It's not a big deal though because eventually people figure out that broad policy-based politics is better than identity politics and that universality is better than tribalism.
    And this "eventually" will happen before humanity is extinct? Cuz it's hasn't happened yet...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  19. #39
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And this "eventually" will happen before humanity is extinct? Cuz it's hasn't happened yet...
    I think it's very likely, yes. I think people will learn that we should seek the best policies in general and not just "which policy is the best for someone like ME". Regardless of whether we're talking about the rich, the poor, white, black, Asian, etc.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I think it's very likely, yes. I think people will learn that we should seek the best policies in general and not just "which policy is the best for someone like ME". Regardless of whether we're talking about the rich, the poor, white, black, Asian, etc.
    And yet you voted for Trump. Could you be anymore disingenuous?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •