2013 Build - looking to update components

Hi all, I’ve been looking to build a new rig for the past few months but stuck in GPU shopping hell. So I’m looking into possibly updating my current setup (built in 2013) into something that’ll last me a couple years, hopefully long enough to when GPUs are readily available again. My current config below:

Asrock Z77 extreme4
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    8GB DDR3
    Intel i5-3570k
    Corsair TX650M

Basically, is there a cheap, decent, many generations old GPU (compatible with my mobo and cpu) I can get that will give me moderate improvement? Unfortunately I don’t believe my mobo supports DDR4, will going to 16gb DDR3 have a noticeable difference? If I’m going to have to replace mobo and CPU I’d rather just build new. Looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Thanks!

It is a horrible time to build a gaming pc. GPU availability is near non existant and if you do find one the seller is trying to get at least double msrp. You might find a 1650 super, or get a deal on an rx580/590 card. I have heard about alot of people that typically build thier own computers going the prebuilt route just because its the only way to get the gpu you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need something now, then look up the 1650 or 1650 super on second hand sites and hope you can get something for close to MSRP.

As for RAM: It depends on what you do. DDR3 is rare to find, but not impossible, and it doesn't seem to be as hard hit as GPUs, so finding another 8gb might be possible. Just do your best to match what you currently have

I would try to get a 20 series card or better and then start to build new.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List