Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We recently conducted a review on the available services in all currencies. Based on this, we have decided to alter the available Game Time options in the Blizzard Shop. As of today, the Game Time options of 30, 90, and 180 days have been removed and Game Time is only available as a purchase of 60 Days.

North America
    • New Game Time Option - USD
    • 60 Days Game Time - $29.99

Europe
    • New Game Time Option - EURO
    • 60 Days Game Time - €25.99

Please note that currently, the options and pricing for the purchase of both WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will remain unaffected. Also, any Game Time that has already been purchased for an account will not be affected by this.

We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide players with great entertainment value.

If you would like to review your World of Warcraft Game Time and payment method, you can do so through Blizzard Account Management at any time.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-03-25 at 06:01 PM.

Oh I can’t wait for the hate to come from this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    But why? If you want just a month or longer you can sub and then unsub so what’s the point of making the one time purchase limited?

What the fuck man

so they removed the 6 months option? i imagine that was a great deal for them as probably a lot of people (including me) bought it even though they only played for half the time or less, so i don't really know why they would remove it.

Well that's rather shitty, I generally bought the 6 month to save. This will definitely cause me to rethink maintaining an ongoing sub.
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Phayde; 2021-03-25 at 06:06 PM.

So basically they just removed all the discounts from non-subscriptions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Well that's rather shitty, I generally bought the 6 month to save. This will definitely cause me to rethink maintaining an ongoing sub.
    This isn’t for subs it’s just one them game time buys you can still sub for 6 months at the reduced price.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, no more 30 day plans?
    This is rather bad for consumers who want to get back into the game on new patch/expansion laaunches for a couple of weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    The old subs are still available, you just have to look deeper for it.

gotta pay for those bonuses some how

This change seems to be only in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This isn’t for subs it’s just one them game time buys you can still sub for 6 months at the reduced price.
    Oh okay, I didn't realize that, thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    So basically they just removed all the discounts from non-subscriptions.
    I thought subscriptions and discounts stay the same, this only effects if you buy the time as a one time purchase on their store similar to the old game time card?

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't affect Sub Pricing at all, so its moot for many people.

All the same, only allowing the 60day "Game Cards" to be purchased is kinda... yeah.
    Last edited by SinR; 2021-03-25 at 06:08 PM. Reason: I added in a clarification

So many people are going to fail at reading comprehension and think this affects the subscriptions rather than the one-time purchase of game time.

I wonder why they did this? And why 60 days? To push more people to the subscriptions, I guess. But isn't that already the overwhelming way people pay for the game already?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So, no more 30 day plans?
    This is rather bad for consumers who want to get back into the game on new patch/expansion laaunches for a couple of weeks.
    People can still do that they just need to take the extra step of ending there sub after they put it up so it doesn’t renew.

What's the difference between game time and subscription?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    But why? If you want just a month or longer you can sub and then unsub so what’s the point of making the one time purchase limited?
    You can still buy 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month reaccuring subs, its just you cant buy 1/3/6 month additional months anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content