Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

"If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

<------- me
    several things that are equal in my rage ( hard to pick one):

i dislike something/want something < means > everyone wants it ( or dislikes it). And if you do not want it. you are wrong and bad. ( flying, lfr etc etc)

I hate the game, i hate this and that and that and that < > but still hanging around of forums trying to ruin everyone else their day.

lore stuff like: they think it is this or that < > i proof it with ingame stuff. they say: but this and that. And then i say: yup i know. But blizzard retcons some stuff A LOT. So most recent stuff makes my first statement correct. Per example high elves. How ingame a raid boss/leader of nightborne calls blood, high and night elves all by different names. And yes outside the game ION-cannon has said other stuff. But ingame, in lore its still a thing ( high elves).

But if i HAD to pick 1 thing i really hate:

/qoute wars. where people qoute me and try to find a fault in my text to win. So they will qoute parts of sentences to make their point.
    and go in on that point, not reading anything else. Just because they want a win. And not discuss the game.
    Last edited by baskev; 2021-03-28 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There are literally people who complain a grind in SL, its completely crazy to me
    Exactly. I remember back when grind was a thing, sitting there killing 10000 pirates for rep.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Mythic raider getting hurt over wf /tf
    Quickly, Collect them tears
    Care to tell the class what happened to WF/TF?

People who don't watn to play any grouped content but demand to be able to get max level loot.
    People thinking timgating is inherintly bad.
    People thinking because PuGs don't take them the game is "toxic"
    People thinking min/max is toxic.
    People saying the casuals are the only people that matter
    And current: People saying there is nothign to do when there is not less or more to do than any expanions before.

10+ Year Old Account
    That mythic+ is a good thing for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean both 5A and B are not really opinions, those are facts. Outside of raiding and m+ the game gets easier every expansion, open world content is basically meaningless.
    You got that switched around. Open world content was meaningless in the past and now the open world gets harder and harder each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    What made that non adventurous race going out on an adventure special was that they were an outlier to their own kind. They were a one of a kind, truly unique sight out in the big world. If the Hobbits did this regularly, Frodo/Bilbo wouldn't be that unique.

Give every race everything, and the only thing unique about them would be cosmetics. There may as well be no other races. Just one homogenous race.

That's a reflection of real life race too. Take away the culture and what have you? A blank human slate.
    Stop. No one is taking any culture away. Classes are more like RL jobs. Saying X race can't be Y class is like saying X RL race can't have Y RL job. Its stupid and there's ways around any actual concerns. Like paladins with Zandalari and Taurens, for example.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You're right. It's not just a good thing for the game, it's the best thing to happen to the game since it was created.

“Just quit if you don’t like it” is the most small brained argument of all when discussing fair criticism

If someone is being obtuse and childish, by all means dismiss them, but if they are just bashing the state of the game and what’s wrong with it “just quit” is absolutely the dumbest argument of all, especially if when the game is openly struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You cared enough to post, even if it was a silly one-liner, but you do you.

More on topic, probably "are you 10/10M, 3k rio and 3k arena rating?" when you point (correctly or not, that's another matter) at the lack of content. The funniest part is that those offering such pearls of wisdom must think they are being incredibly witty or something
    This is a good example of what pisses me off. "I haven't done/want to do anything the game has to offer, but I still complain about having nothing to do". Unless you actually are done with everything, then you have plenty to do. That, or WoW literally isn't the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Do you prefer the days when dungeons were completely useless after the first 2 weeks of gearing?

It doesn't piss me off, but it does make me write off people as morons not worthy of my time these days, which is why I post so rarely. Well, that and the fact that I don't tend to talk about/spend time on a game I'm not currently playing. I'm blessed with that ability.

1. "Dumbed down" - There's no such thing, Vanilla could be played by literal retards. QOL =/= Dumbed down.
    2. "Filler expansion" - No such thing, there's expansions you enjoy or not and low effort expansion/patch, that's it. MoP led into WoD led into Legion led into BfA led into SL led into X.
    3. Dying game - Especially funny when they post right after reports on record sales or even reaching Cata numbers.

Obviously there are so many more fallacies thrown around, but I cba. Back to Banished.

"Tinker/alchemist can not exist because there already is a (pathetically shallow) profession on the similar theme."

That way of thinking is so horrifically wrong and short minded that i find it painful to even share the same planet with such people.

One look at other games which feature high tech in a fantasy world (be it dota, LoL, Warcraft 3 etc) will immediately show that you can have countless varied and interesting character/class designs with technology as the main theme.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally anytime someone brings up wanting to remove LFR. Since it always seems to come from some arrogant asshat whose biggest achievement in life is Pixels in a Videogame and their fear that other People having Pixels will somehow bring down that delusional prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Do you prefer the days when dungeons were completely useless after the first 2 weeks of gearing?
    I prefer the in between had for a little while: where dungeons weren't obsolete but also not sooper srs bsns. they should do a big overhaul to the concept of M+ sometime to change things up again. (but they didn't do that on a per expansion basis so now the chance is probably forever lost.)

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    “Just quit if you don’t like it” is the most small brained argument of all when discussing fair criticism

If someone is being obtuse and childish, by all means dismiss them, but if they are just bashing the state of the game and what’s wrong with it “just quit” is absolutely the dumbest argument of all, especially if when the game is openly struggling
    Yes, it's more reasonable to keep paying for a product that you dislike in the vain hope that by giving the company making a product you dislike money somehow they'll get the message that you don't like the game.

Brilliant. Your brain is on another level my dude.

For me it is this really adversarial position a lot of people take with WoW content creators. It is like just knowing their names is somehow a tabo to some people that is pretty comical. I am an old head so watching video games streams is just kind of past my generations level of entertainment but for fucks sake I know who Asmongold and Preach are (inc "who are these people" post?). I have seen a few videos on youtube. Sometimes their takes pop up and I see or hear them. So I know if my old head self knows of these people and has on occasion seen these peoples takes than others that venture this forum with any sort of regularity do too. Just a very silly concept to me. Just because you have hard of them, seen them, or have agreed or disagreed with a take doesn't make you a sheep. It is just.. you know.. hearing and seeing stuff within the space you occupy.

Never really understood why that was such a difficult concept to take in. In particular on MMO Champion.

3+ Year Old Account
    For me the most annoying is "Why is there a shop, i pay for the game, those things should be free"

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    "Nobody cares about lore/story."

Wrong. There are people who do care and are upset about the quality the story downgrades.
    That's because you got the quote wrong. It's:

"Nobody worth listening to cares about lore."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    For me the most annoying is "Why is there a shop, i pay for the game, those things should be free"
    The Jim Sterling "TRIPUHL EHHH" Special.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

"If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

<------- me
    So you’re triggered by rational arguments? Because that quote is literally true. I also think you’re making it up that anyone is defending “all” timegating. I think someone disagreed with you more than once and you made a stupid hyperbole. No one has defended all timegating as inherently good. You don’t have an example of someone doing that anywhere.

**and no, making a generalization that timegating is good is not the same as defending all of it, since I know that needs to be spelled out. “Food is good” does not mean that “all food is good, including dog shit tacos”
    Last edited by Shyning; 2021-03-28 at 03:11 PM.