Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are mistaking excelling at something with being capable of excelling at something. Germans prioritized beer, Italians prioritized wine, but that doesn't mean a German can't or won't make great wine and an italian can't or won't make great beer.

    A human is defined be their experiences not their culture. Their culture likely plays a part but it is not this monolith you are treating it as.

    You are literally arguing for a story devoid of depth and individuality, because you don't believe beings are different than their collective grouping.
    A philosophy I myself follow, yet it takes away complexity from games. RPGs are about making choices.

    "Do I want to play a Draenei? But they can't be warlocks and I want to be a warlock. Wonder what the lore is behind that, and what the lore is behind why other races can be warlocks. Oh, looks like Orcs are pioneers of warlockry, that sounds cool so I guess I'll go with that."

    Vs just.. selecting a Draenei warlock and getting to the level grind. Making it so every race can be anything they want gets rid of having a thought process behind your choices. It just boils it down to "because it looks cool".

    There is far more depth to the story with restrictions, I'd argue. The story is within Blizzard's hands, not ours. Let the creator tell the story they want. If they deem it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't make sense.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post


    Calling classic wow dead just shows your stupidity. Every day I log on day or night no matter if its 3pm or 2am on anyday, the zones are packed. The main cities are so full that you can barely click on an npc.

    Try again.
    Logged in twice on the weekend - all zones were completely empty - didnt see a single other player in many hours of play. Went to city, and there was a handful of people - maybe 15/20. One of the biggest realms. Does it mean its dead? obviously not, just hardly any people playing when I was, in the zones I was in.

    Calling classic wow dead is obviously stupid, but so is trying to pretend that the number of people are playing "day and night" that you claim - hyperbole doesnt help anyones argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean yes. Who didn't like to wait for lucky RNG Corruption drop or farm yet another currency (on top of Essence and Azerite) and then wait for vendor rotation to buy Corruption on every new character just to be relevant in 8.3? Who didn't love getting one shotted by lucky TW proc in PvP or see tanks demolish trash packs with it?
    After only a few weeks I got the best corruptions for all of my 3 alts. That was no coincidence. And after a while everyone got their BiS corruption, so where is the problem? It is not like any other system is different or perfectly fair.

    I know it is an unpopular opinion but corruption was one of the best things that ever happened to WoW. Whats so horrible about everyone having +30% crit and haste? Especially at the end of an Expansion. That fast game style, LOVED it! Hope they bring something similar back

  4. #124
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,263
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Because it's normal to spend hours a day on a forum for a game that you no longer participate in?
    Barely an hour, and I have a great deal of fun doing so. Especially when I read your posts, so keep'em coming pls
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  5. #125
    Pro-faction mentality outside of roleplay. People you sometimes meet when you talk about videogames / wow they come to you and say "I'M A DEEP ALLIANCE / HORDE FAN AND WHOEVER PLAYS THE OPPOSITE IS DUMB FUCK LOL"

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    it does though, if u dont partake in the gameplay content, and only do Transmog runs etc then there is a direct correlation between your lack of experience with gameplay content, and your skill level??? wether or not it matters is a different story, if u dont do the "difficult" content then those skills are pretty fucking irrelevant.

    Also, Inexperienced players having opinions on shit they have no clue about is definitely my pet peeve, u have sad 1600 rated players crying that rogues are OP cuz they saw a clip where they killed a monk in stunlock who didnt press a single button to counter every single one of the rogues cooldowns. I whole heartedly believe close to all negative things in the game stems from this kind of scenario.
    Sounds like you're one of the typical toxic forum posters that spout all kinds of misguided arguments

    A hypothetical person that only does transmog runs, does partake in the gameplay content. They partake in the transmog farming content, which is a part of the game, just as much as raids, dungeons and rated pvp are. If said person has 60% of appearances for an armor type and you have 30%, then they are better than you in that transmog content. If you can clear a normal raid and they can't, you are better in the raiding content. Both of you are better than each other in your separate niches. That's all there is to it. No one is "better" than the other. What you, and others like you are trying to claim is that your content is more important than theirs and thus you are a better player overall, which is just a sense of entitlement speaking.

    As for the other part...again, your opinion is not worth more because you are slightly higher up in some (imagined or real) ranking ladder. If 1600 players are getting destroyed by rogues, then that means it is an issue for them and they have every right to speak up about this and demand action from Blizzard. Actually, there's probably multiple times more players at 1600 rating than there are at 2500, so in a way, what people at 1600 are saying is much more relevant than what the people at 2500 are saying, because the problems they face are the problems that apply to many more players.

  7. #127
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,865
    "Something something vocal minority"

    Unless you can prove that the people complaining about something are, in fact, the minority then don't use this BS argument. Sometimes the people in question are the minority, but other times there are plenty of people who agree but don't care enough to actually post about it.

    Also even if a group is in the minority that doesn't that their concerns aren't valid and shouldn't be considered.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    "Something something vocal minority"

    Unless you can prove that the people complaining about something are, in fact, the minority then don't use this BS argument. Sometimes the people in question are the minority, but other times there are plenty of people who agree but don't care enough to actually post about it.

    Also even if a group is in the minority that doesn't that their concerns aren't valid and shouldn't be considered.
    No, however when looking at video games - the options often impact the other group. Blizzard tend to aim for the middle ground, but the majority should be the main concern Blizzard have.

    The same can be said the other way as well, when a clear minority try to proclaim themselves as the majority. But really, the thing that grinds my gears the most, is the number of people who use ridiculous hyperbole and extremes when trying to make a point.

    - No lifers claiming "every casual should be farming +15s weekly - its extremely easy and they should all be 230 ilvl"
    - Casuals claiming "there is nothing at all to do, I am stuck at 160 ilvl"
    - PvP players saying "a shaved monkey can complete mythic raids because its scripted!!!"
    - PvE players saying "dont even shave the monkey if its just pvp, just hump the pillars and wait for all your cds!"
    - LFR heroes saying "Mythic raids are not hard, you just need to play a lot"
    - Classic players claiming classic is difficult, and its only because of XYZ that everything got killed minutes after going live.
    - Retail players claiming Classic is DEAD and no one is playing it
    - Classic players saying "Classic is so busy I had to wait 3 days in the queue to finally log in, then i couldnt move because there were SO MANY PLAYERS!"

    So some pretty broad topics above, but they all share one thing, at least from my perspective - they all make an extreme claim with nothing to back it up at all, and the people making these claims typically present it as a known fact that everyone knows and anyone who disagrees is delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

  9. #129
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    2,552
    "Flying ruins the game". Anyone who thinks that needs to go play classic and leave the rest of us alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    "Something something vocal minority"

    Unless you can prove that the people complaining about something are, in fact, the minority then don't use this BS argument. Sometimes the people in question are the minority, but other times there are plenty of people who agree but don't care enough to actually post about it.

    Also even if a group is in the minority that doesn't that their concerns aren't valid and shouldn't be considered.
    Unless you can prove it isn't a vocal minority ....
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2021-03-29 at 12:14 AM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

  10. #130
    Can't stand people who want to blame everyone and everything when they don't enjoy the game anymore. These people had fun playing Pac-man and tetris but suddenly think WoW sucks because they didn't give them flying from the get go.

  11. #131
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    "Something something vocal minority".
    Indeed. The most beautiful part of the "vocal minority" argument is that the those using it very seldom can provide proofs of X group being an actual minority. Most of the times they are talking out of their arse though
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    A philosophy I myself follow, yet it takes away complexity from games. RPGs are about making choices.

    "Do I want to play a Draenei? But they can't be warlocks and I want to be a warlock. Wonder what the lore is behind that, and what the lore is behind why other races can be warlocks. Oh, looks like Orcs are pioneers of warlockry, that sounds cool so I guess I'll go with that."

    Vs just.. selecting a Draenei warlock and getting to the level grind. Making it so every race can be anything they want gets rid of having a thought process behind your choices. It just boils it down to "because it looks cool".

    There is far more depth to the story with restrictions, I'd argue. The story is within Blizzard's hands, not ours. Let the creator tell the story they want. If they deem it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't make sense.
    Firstly, you're saying you share the philosophy I discussed, but it is 100% counter to the philosophy you espoused earlier.

    Secondly, you're now arguing a completely different point than the last one. Which is fine, but the first point needs some closure before you jump to the next.

    Third, you are discussing one choice. One. Not a complex choice, just a single simple choice, that in no way adds complexity to the game. There's more complexity in choosing your covenant in this patch than there is the choice you're speaking about. Not too mention, its not even a choice that exists for all classes, since there are classes that all races can be any way. All it actually turns out to be is a roadblock to some people's preferences for a game designed for them to spend a long time with.

    Lastly, I know it is Blizzard's story to tell. I am just saying their adherence to the nebulous concept of "lore" is literally perpendicular to not only the spirit of fantasy fiction but also to having a three dimensional story set in a rich world populated by individuals. Instead it is just a handful of hive minds, splitting up and forming 2 hive minds.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  13. #133
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,899
    when people have the opinion that some opinions should not be banned or people should be punished for having them

    opinions are just a person sharing their thoughts... if you don't like their thoughts instead of trying to forcefully control another person you could maybe try change their mind or just don't pay them attention

  14. #134
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,790
    "Flying ruined the game/you need to appreciate playing the game more slowly/if I don't like flying but other people can do it, I feel forced to use it so therefore people shouldn't be able to fly"

    An utterly myopic viewpoint that does nothing but limit Blizzard in their design space.


    The game was just fine with Flying from BC through MoP. It wasn't till late MoP that people got restless and started bitching that flying was the heart of everything wrong with the game, and now we have to deal with tedious pathfinder achievements stringing us along through content that isn't made any more interesting by not having flying.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed. The most beautiful part of the "vocal minority" argument is that the those using it very seldom can provide proofs of X group being an actual minority. Most of the times they are talking out of their arse though
    Reality its people both overestimating and underestimating numbers

    Lets assume the entire games population is about 3.5 million which is also the approximate population of the state of Conneticuit

    The voices we hear are mostly the english speaking population that gives enough of a crap to go on the forums or reddit. Most of us arent exposed to the non english side and pretty sure none of us goes on the Chinease servers nor can read enough mandrin to see what they are saying

    So its basically..at most 100 people on their server and (being realistic) about 50-200 people on the forums. Which when compared to that 3.5 million is basically nothing

  16. #136
    "If you want player housing, just go to your garrison."

    This is such an utterly asinine comment because garrisons absolutely are not player housing. Next to no customization, always in the same location no matter what, and now becoming so irrelevant that pretty much nobody ever goes to their garrisons anymore.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Firstly, you're saying you share the philosophy I discussed, but it is 100% counter to the philosophy you espoused earlier.

    Secondly, you're now arguing a completely different point than the last one. Which is fine, but the first point needs some closure before you jump to the next.

    Third, you are discussing one choice. One. Not a complex choice, just a single simple choice, that in no way adds complexity to the game. There's more complexity in choosing your covenant in this patch than there is the choice you're speaking about. Not too mention, its not even a choice that exists for all classes, since there are classes that all races can be any way. All it actually turns out to be is a roadblock to some people's preferences for a game designed for them to spend a long time with.

    Lastly, I know it is Blizzard's story to tell. I am just saying their adherence to the nebulous concept of "lore" is literally perpendicular to not only the spirit of fantasy fiction but also to having a three dimensional story set in a rich world populated by individuals. Instead it is just a handful of hive minds, splitting up and forming 2 hive minds.
    There have been plenty of characters who are outliers to their faction/race/class. Just none of them are player characters as of right now.

  18. #138
    From one of the most notorious and annoying threads that which will not be named:

    "High Elves will save WoW" or another favorite "If High Elves are put in Blizz will make bank" sad thing is those were literal posted arguments by some.

    Seems to be working well for them so far... /s

    I had another, but my mind blanked...
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

    To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I really do not.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Calling classic wow dead just shows your stupidity. Every day I log on day or night no matter if its 3pm or 2am on anyday, the zones are packed. The main cities are so full that you can barely click on an npc.

    Try again.
    Yeah this isn't true at all. Classic is NOT packed. Not even close. Off peak hours, the majority of servers are pretty much ghost towns. If you like Classic then have a blast but don't be dishonest and claim servers are so packed that you can't even click on NPCs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    From one of the most notorious and annoying threads that which will not be named:

    "High Elves will save WoW" or another favorite "If High Elves are put in Blizz will make bank" sad thing is those were literal posted arguments by some.

    Seems to be working well for them so far... /s

    I had another, but my mind blanked...
    They're not entirely wrong though. Blood elves are the most popular race in game so if Alliance got quel'dorei there would be A LOT more people playing them. Instead Alliance got void elves which were eventually given the appearance option of blood elf colored skin and blue eyes.

  20. #140
    That there shouldn't be pvp templets for all instanced pvp (Randoms and Rated).

    Gear shouldn't matter in random bgs, rated bgs or arenas. That kind of pvp should be dependent upon skill, not out gearing the other team. Having a higher rating in pvp should still unlock higher level gear, but that should allow you to flex on others in open world.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •