Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    That casuals don't deserve character progression and should stick to playing barbie dress up.

  2. #142
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That casuals don't deserve character progression and should stick to playing barbie dress up.
    Yes, that's a dish you see quite often in these boards. You also get to choose between the "casuals want a mythic set in the mail", the "start a group yourself" or the classic "git gud" toppings.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  3. #143
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    "Flying ruins the game". Anyone who thinks that needs to go play classic and leave the rest of us alone.



    Unless you can prove it isn't a vocal minority ....
    If you make a claim, it's your job to back it up.

  4. #144
    None of them piss me off. Quite a few amuse me however, for example:

    -People who deny this game has some pretty significant, developer endorsed P2W elements.
    -People who claim that wanting a "fast smooth run" is something other than wanting to be carried.

    That sort of thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    That wow is better now than bfa.
    It is. BfA was an absolute dumpster of an expansion.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That casuals don't deserve character progression and should stick to playing barbie dress up.
    Rarely do I see that. Rather what I have seen is players don't deserve rewards from content they don't participate in and I agree. I've been a big supporter of alternative forms of progression and usually my biggest opposers are the hard core raid or die crowd that labels themselves a "casual" that fights for the gutting of content and progression systems outside of raiding so that they are not forced to do them in order to progress. I am also a believer that effort should match reward.

    Speaking of dress up is among the largest arguments for rewards from content one doesn't participate in.

  6. #146
    As soon as I see someone write "if you don't like it, stop playing", I know I'm talking to an idiot.

  7. #147
    "It's just beta"
    After more than 15 years, people still say that. And it allways goes lives crappy.

  8. #148
    “They should give us more choice” or “this would be more choice so it’s better” or “it’s restricting choice” or “they should just give us the choice”.

    The whole “player choice” versus “anti-player design” discourse is childish and asinine. It doesn’t stand up to ten seconds of critical thinking. Those posters should sit down and shut up.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That casuals don't deserve character progression and should stick to playing barbie dress up.
    I was about to write the same so this plus one and:

    "You don't even play raids/m+/high pvp, so you dont need that gear" - it seriously rustles my jimmies.

    This is how I lost all of my more casual friends in WoD, most of them never came back.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  10. #150
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondi View Post
    After only a few weeks I got the best corruptions for all of my 3 alts. That was no coincidence. And after a while everyone got their BiS corruption, so where is the problem? It is not like any other system is different or perfectly fair.

    I know it is an unpopular opinion but corruption was one of the best things that ever happened to WoW. Whats so horrible about everyone having +30% crit and haste? Especially at the end of an Expansion. That fast game style, LOVED it! Hope they bring something similar back
    It's not about stat boost. This was actually a good part that unlocked some new builds. It was the need of combined grind of Azerite/Essence/Corruption on new characters to be relevant in 8.3. Also those lucky procs being nuisance in PvP.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Rarely do I see that. Rather what I have seen is players don't deserve rewards from content they don't participate in and I agree. I've been a big supporter of alternative forms of progression and usually my biggest opposers are the hard core raid or die crowd that labels themselves a "casual" that fights for the gutting of content and progression systems outside of raiding so that they are not forced to do them in order to progress. I am also a believer that effort should match reward.

    Speaking of dress up is among the largest arguments for rewards from content one doesn't participate in.
    Really? I see it EVERY TIME that LFR is brought up. Elitist on forums will argue to death that LFR should be removed "for the health of the game" disregarding the fact that LFR literally gives the devs justification in spending as much time as they do on raids.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    -People who deny this game has some pretty significant, developer endorsed P2W elements.
    Care to elaborate on what you mean by P2W?

    Oh, also when explaining this please realize that if you use the words "WoW" and "token" your argument is completely invalid and you should instead seek therapy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    As soon as I see someone write "if you don't like it, stop playing", I know I'm talking to an idiot.
    Because only the smartest people continue to pay for and play games they dislike!

    Are we in opposite world? How the fuck do you think is a reasonable thought pattern?

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Care to elaborate on what you mean by P2W?

    Oh, also when explaining this please realize that if you use the words "WoW" and "token" your argument is completely invalid and you should instead seek therapy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because only the smartest people continue to pay for and play games they dislike!

    Are we in opposite world? How the fuck do you think is a reasonable thought pattern?
    You can literally buy character boosts. That's pay to win.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You can literally buy character boosts. That's pay to win.
    Wrong. Next argument?

  15. #155
    The biggest waste of space on MMO-C are the "remove raid finder" threads. It's extraordinarily disrespectful to want to remove accessibility options.

  16. #156
    People that think wow is pay2win are naive children who have played like 3 games in their life.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You can literally buy character boosts. That's pay to win.
    Pay to win means there are game affecting things that can only be acquired from the cash shop. Look at a game like Atlantica Online for a hard example, or the premium ammo in World of Tanks for a soft example.

    Atlantica has the most powerful items only available from the cash shop. World of Tanks has special, very expensive ammo that breaks the game. It's only sustainable to use if you pay for premium, and at high levels you're forced to use it or lose every battle.

    WoW is not pay to win by any metric that isn't just complaining about having money relieving tedium.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Because only the smartest people continue to pay for and play games they dislike!

    Are we in opposite world? How the fuck do you think is a reasonable thought pattern?
    It's called logic, not opposite world.

    Because its not argument and such sentence holds absolutely no value at all. Can be completely dismissed, otherwise you would be able to counter absolutely any criticism towards anything.

    It’s the fallacy of the false dilemma, or the excluded middle. The logical structure is that you are being presented with only two options:

    Like it.
    Don't play it.

    But there are at least two other options:

    Accept it.
    Change it.
    And they are usually the better ones.
    https://www.quora.com/What-logical-f...t-like-it-move
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully you realise how contradictory are these two statements.
    honestly there is literally 0% contradictions in these two lines.

    The above line is about whether there is content in the game or not (fact, not opinion) that said person has not done. If there is, then the argument that there isnt content left to do is faulty, (not an opinion, a fact).

    The 2nd line is about who has the right to have an opinion on content.

    Ofc if the first line were to be changed to "there isnt much content in the game on X difficulty mode" then theres an argument to be made, because a very large part of blizzards designmodel is to stack content vertically by just increasing the difficulty (m+, mythic raids etc).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

    "If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

    <------- me
    Oh yes, this 100%

    The ppl who respond like this has never been in a guild im quite sure.

    Whats girnding my gears is two of Ion's throwaway lines:
    "It would be confusing for new players" (its just insulting).

    and secondly "It wouldnt make sence from a lore perspective". Like boy, theres 10000 things that doesnt make sence from a lore perspective and youve said multiple times in the past that gameplay>lore. And still the fucker gives this throwaway line to avoid dissolving factions and a bunch of other things.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    "It wouldnt make sence from a lore perspective". Like boy, theres 10000 things that doesnt make sence from a lore perspective and youve said multiple times in the past that gameplay>lore. And still the fucker gives this throwaway line to avoid dissolving factions and a bunch of other things.
    Did you see the post earlier about false equivalence?

    Yeah. Your post makes no sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •