Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondi View Post
    "Corruption is the worst thing that every happened in the history of everything“. Yeah right, the game is faster and everyone does more dmg, how terrible! -.-
    I mean yes. Who didn't like to wait for lucky RNG Corruption drop or farm yet another currency (on top of Essence and Azerite) and then wait for vendor rotation to buy Corruption on every new character just to be relevant in 8.3? Who didn't love getting one shotted by lucky TW proc in PvP or see tanks demolish trash packs with it?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-28 at 06:02 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) "Stop whining, class balance isnt Blizzard problem, just start your own group"(c)

Imagine trying to both shut down the player who isnt happy about the balance incompetence on Blizzard's side, but also offering self-pigeoning into 20% (in case of 5-man groups) or 5% (in case of 20-man raid) of the playerbase like its some god-sent wisdom.
    No, dude, this is not the solution. Playing gimped class still means to have reduced gameplay experience compared to majority of playerbase, who dont have to deal with the pain in the ass and create own groups. They just click the button and get in, or even being asked to do so.
    No, dude, i better continue whining and maybe then Blizzard will do something about the balance. Usually that works. Get over my whining, it has nothing to do with you.

2)"If you dont like feature X/expansion X, then quit the WoW, you clearly dont want to play it" (c)

No, whining about the feature X/expansion X usually has nothing to do with the WoW itself. WoW is fine, its the current expansion/some feature that annoying. I hate and whine about Thorgast or the Maw or the Anima grind, yet i love to do transmountcheevos, do current content occasionally. That doesnt make me less annoyed by the fact i cant enjoy it in greater capacity due to developer's incompetence. I whine because this usually helps to bring some positive changes to the game.

that opinions that differ from their own are completely invalid and don't warrant an attempt to understand

there's a strong difference between debate and argument. there's many WoW players capable of an intelligent and enjoyable debate but a (probably) vocal minority who throw their opinion around and try to ignore and distract from any other opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Stop. No one is taking any culture away. Classes are more like RL jobs. Saying X race can't be Y class is like saying X RL race can't have Y RL job. Its stupid and there's ways around any actual concerns. Like paladins with Zandalari and Taurens, for example.
    It's fantasy, man. These things help keep other races unique. Just like real life, all cultures excel in some things that others don't. Translated to a game, full of fantasy races, classes are best kept exclusive to some so that they may stay unique.

A mechagnome would never be a druid because they are the farthest away from nature possible, therefore they can't commune with the nature spirits. Trolls, being the elder race of Azeroth, can commune with the elements.

Things have to make sense lore-wise. Besides, if you're so worried about this falsehood of racism being slyly depicted in the game, you wouldn't have white, black, Asian, etc humans all under the same banner.

Zandalari and Tauren paladins have their lore reasons. As of today, Blood Elf druids do not. Nor do Tauren rogues, Undead paladins, etc.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-03-28 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, objectively speaking it does trivialise the game, however I doubt anyone ever called it cheating.
    Some people say it. May be it does. But only that so called "sandbox" content, I hate anyway. I still don't understand, why this kind of content is forced and isn't optional, as it was back in old times, when only isolated locations had such design and all other content was true open world without "rat maze" restrictions.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

"If you don't like it, then don't play it"

And so I didn't. I quit WoW throughout most of BFA and am on the verge of quitting again with SL, and TBC Classic not really making me as hyped as I once was with Classic. It's such a stupid fucking argument, to excuse the game's piss poor design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    "nothing in wow is worthy of being preserved"
    I find this opinion quite stupid, but it's the consensus in retail wow alas. people want to change the game. I'm very happy that they're not in charge.
    "Nothing in WoW is worthy of being preserved"

*Looks at his many watched Nobbel87 videos, his Chronicle books, his massive ass pages of self made maps and theory crafts regarding the expansions and lore of Warcraft, etc*

HERESY!

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It's fantasy, man. These things help keep other races unique. Just like real life, all cultures excel in some things that others don't. Translated to a game, full of fantasy races, classes are best kept exclusive to some so that they may stay unique.

A mechagnome would never be a druid because they are the farthest away from nature possible, therefore they can't commune with the nature spirits. Trolls, being the elder race of Azeroth, can commune with the elements.

Things have to make sense lore-wise. Besides, if you're so worried about this falsehood of racism being slyly depicted in the game, you wouldn't have white, black, Asian, etc humans all under the same banner.

Zandalari and Tauren paladins have their lore reasons. As of today, Blood Elf druids do not. Nor do Tauren rogues, Undead paladins, etc.
    D&D no longer has race-class restrictions since 3.5e (IIRC). It hasn't cause any real problems, and just opened the door to more interesting characters. You can create a valid Lore explanation for essentially any race-class combination you can think of, if you're inclined. Personally, I would love to hear the outlook of a Mechagnome Druid, that sounds fascinating.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

You're just restating the argument I disagree with, without adding any new logic or facts. And no, RL cultures don't excel in certain areas while others don't. RL cultures may put more or less importance on things than another culture, but they aren't inherently incapable or hyper-capable of things.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it pisses me off but I do laugh at the idi*ts that complain about LFR. I'm not an LFR raider before people say unless there is a certain transmog item I'm after.
    An Karanir Thanagor

Many may disagree, but the "Warcraft has never been low-fantasy!" lore argument rebuttal against the ridiculousness of some high-powered technology and cosmic-level powers in the current game really irks me. Yes, Warcraft was never low-fantasy--but it sure as hell didn't feel like the Marvel cinematic universe either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    D&D no longer has race-class restrictions since 3.5e (IIRC). It hasn't cause any real problems, and just opened the door to more interesting characters. You can create a valid Lore explanation for essentially any race-class combination you can think of, if you're inclined. Personally, I would love to hear the outlook of a Mechagnome Druid, that sounds fascinating.
    All games I've played used race-class restrictions because we've all agreed it adds unique flavour and complexity.

If one of us wanted something out of the norm, our backstory would have to had been a good one

- - - Updated - - -

You're just restating the argument I disagree with, without adding any new logic or facts. And no, RL cultures don't excel in certain areas while others don't. RL cultures may put more or less importance on things than another culture, but they aren't inherently incapable or hyper-capable of things.
    Humans, without their culture, are blank slates capable of anything. All cultures do indeed excel in some things others don't. That's why Germans are known for beer, Indians are known for spices, Greeks are known for philosophy, etc.

Our cultures are what make us unique. Same for classes in fantasy games.

Humans, without their culture, are blank slates capable of anything. All cultures do indeed excel in some things others don't. That's why Germans are known for beer, Indians are known for spices, Greeks are known for philosophy, etc.

Our cultures are what make us unique. Same for classes in fantasy games.
    You are mistaking excelling at something with being capable of excelling at something. Germans prioritized beer, Italians prioritized wine, but that doesn't mean a German can't or won't make great wine and an italian can't or won't make great beer.

A human is defined be their experiences not their culture. Their culture likely plays a part but it is not this monolith you are treating it as.

You are literally arguing for a story devoid of depth and individuality, because you don't believe beings are different than their collective grouping.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You cared enough to post, even if it was a silly one-liner, but you do you.

More on topic, probably "are you 10/10M, 3k rio and 3k arena rating?" when you point (correctly or not, that's another matter) at the lack of content. The funniest part is that those offering such pearls of wisdom must think they are being incredibly witty or something
    I really do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Some others that come to mind:

"Wow has an extensive cash shop"...no, it doesn't. There's literally like 20 things in total and they are all cosmetics.

"It is an objective truth that X expansion/dungeon/raid/zone is good and that Y expansion/dungeon/raid/zone is bad" - no comment

"Classic wow was immensly successful so therefore this and that thing should happen to the proper game" - people living in a dream, classic wow has been dead since 3 months after its release, nothing at all as far as design decisions should be implemented into real WoW from it

"It's much better when you are just an insignificant adventurer in a game rather than the chosen one / hero / messiah" - yeah, there being no story and you being an unimportant person makes for a great story, try again

"Mythic+ ruined raiding because it gives infinite amount of loot! No point i raiding anymore wooo!" - raiding is still factually the fastest and most optimal way of gearing up, gearing through m+ takes ages and the fact that you can "spam" them doesn't matter

"X pre-legion expansion was great for a casual player" (Bonus points for: "WoW Classic is great for a casual player") - before Legion there was about 10 times less world content and random casual things you can do, wow classic has literally nothing to do besides leveling

They aren't. Though in hindsight I can see how someone can think I meant the first one in the sense of attacking people for not clearing higher difficulty. Maybe I didn't phrase it in the most clear way. Heroic is what relatively hardcore players do, that's why I mentioned the difficulty. This is the main accolade for a regular player as far as pve goes, so by someone who just clears heroic I basically mean a person who just does the raids and dungeons and skips the other content completely By no means do I meant that the highest difficulty doable by regular players is too low, or anything like that.

If you feel they are easier that's your right to have that opinion, but it's almost objectively untrue. If you compare the raids from modern expansions directly against the older ones it's clear the newer ones are much more complex and challenging
    Calling classic wow dead just shows your stupidity. Every day I log on day or night no matter if its 3pm or 2am on anyday, the zones are packed. The main cities are so full that you can barely click on an npc.

Try again.

You are mistaking excelling at something with being capable of excelling at something. Germans prioritized beer, Italians prioritized wine, but that doesn't mean a German can't or won't make great wine and an italian can't or won't make great beer.

A human is defined be their experiences not their culture. Their culture likely plays a part but it is not this monolith you are treating it as.

You are literally arguing for a story devoid of depth and individuality, because you don't believe beings are different than their collective grouping.
    A philosophy I myself follow, yet it takes away complexity from games. RPGs are about making choices.

"Do I want to play a Draenei? But they can't be warlocks and I want to be a warlock. Wonder what the lore is behind that, and what the lore is behind why other races can be warlocks. Oh, looks like Orcs are pioneers of warlockry, that sounds cool so I guess I'll go with that."

Vs just.. selecting a Draenei warlock and getting to the level grind. Making it so every race can be anything they want gets rid of having a thought process behind your choices. It just boils it down to "because it looks cool".

There is far more depth to the story with restrictions, I'd argue. The story is within Blizzard's hands, not ours. Let the creator tell the story they want. If they deem it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

Calling classic wow dead just shows your stupidity. Every day I log on day or night no matter if its 3pm or 2am on anyday, the zones are packed. The main cities are so full that you can barely click on an npc.

Try again.
    Logged in twice on the weekend - all zones were completely empty - didnt see a single other player in many hours of play. Went to city, and there was a handful of people - maybe 15/20. One of the biggest realms. Does it mean its dead? obviously not, just hardly any people playing when I was, in the zones I was in.

Calling classic wow dead is obviously stupid, but so is trying to pretend that the number of people are playing "day and night" that you claim - hyperbole doesnt help anyones argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean yes. Who didn't like to wait for lucky RNG Corruption drop or farm yet another currency (on top of Essence and Azerite) and then wait for vendor rotation to buy Corruption on every new character just to be relevant in 8.3? Who didn't love getting one shotted by lucky TW proc in PvP or see tanks demolish trash packs with it?
    After only a few weeks I got the best corruptions for all of my 3 alts. That was no coincidence. And after a while everyone got their BiS corruption, so where is the problem? It is not like any other system is different or perfectly fair.

I know it is an unpopular opinion but corruption was one of the best things that ever happened to WoW. Whats so horrible about everyone having +30% crit and haste? Especially at the end of an Expansion. That fast game style, LOVED it! Hope they bring something similar back

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Because it's normal to spend hours a day on a forum for a game that you no longer participate in?
    Barely an hour, and I have a great deal of fun doing so. Especially when I read your posts, so keep'em coming pls
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pro-faction mentality outside of roleplay. People you sometimes meet when you talk about videogames / wow they come to you and say "I'M A DEEP ALLIANCE / HORDE FAN AND WHOEVER PLAYS THE OPPOSITE IS DUMB FUCK LOL"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    it does though, if u dont partake in the gameplay content, and only do Transmog runs etc then there is a direct correlation between your lack of experience with gameplay content, and your skill level??? wether or not it matters is a different story, if u dont do the "difficult" content then those skills are pretty fucking irrelevant.

Also, Inexperienced players having opinions on shit they have no clue about is definitely my pet peeve, u have sad 1600 rated players crying that rogues are OP cuz they saw a clip where they killed a monk in stunlock who didnt press a single button to counter every single one of the rogues cooldowns. I whole heartedly believe close to all negative things in the game stems from this kind of scenario.
    Sounds like you're one of the typical toxic forum posters that spout all kinds of misguided arguments

A hypothetical person that only does transmog runs, does partake in the gameplay content. They partake in the transmog farming content, which is a part of the game, just as much as raids, dungeons and rated pvp are. If said person has 60% of appearances for an armor type and you have 30%, then they are better than you in that transmog content. If you can clear a normal raid and they can't, you are better in the raiding content. Both of you are better than each other in your separate niches. That's all there is to it. No one is "better" than the other. What you, and others like you are trying to claim is that your content is more important than theirs and thus you are a better player overall, which is just a sense of entitlement speaking.

As for the other part...again, your opinion is not worth more because you are slightly higher up in some (imagined or real) ranking ladder. If 1600 players are getting destroyed by rogues, then that means it is an issue for them and they have every right to speak up about this and demand action from Blizzard. Actually, there's probably multiple times more players at 1600 rating than there are at 2500, so in a way, what people at 1600 are saying is much more relevant than what the people at 2500 are saying, because the problems they face are the problems that apply to many more players.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Something something vocal minority"

Unless you can prove that the people complaining about something are, in fact, the minority then don't use this BS argument. Sometimes the people in question are the minority, but other times there are plenty of people who agree but don't care enough to actually post about it.

Also even if a group is in the minority that doesn't that their concerns aren't valid and shouldn't be considered.