Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondi View Post
    After only a few weeks I got the best corruptions for all of my 3 alts. That was no coincidence. And after a while everyone got their BiS corruption, so where is the problem? It is not like any other system is different or perfectly fair.

I know it is an unpopular opinion but corruption was one of the best things that ever happened to WoW. Whats so horrible about everyone having +30% crit and haste? Especially at the end of an Expansion. That fast game style, LOVED it! Hope they bring something similar back
    It's not about stat boost. This was actually a good part that unlocked some new builds. It was the need of combined grind of Azerite/Essence/Corruption on new characters to be relevant in 8.3. Also those lucky procs being nuisance in PvP.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Rarely do I see that. Rather what I have seen is players don't deserve rewards from content they don't participate in and I agree. I've been a big supporter of alternative forms of progression and usually my biggest opposers are the hard core raid or die crowd that labels themselves a "casual" that fights for the gutting of content and progression systems outside of raiding so that they are not forced to do them in order to progress. I am also a believer that effort should match reward.

Speaking of dress up is among the largest arguments for rewards from content one doesn't participate in.
    Really? I see it EVERY TIME that LFR is brought up. Elitist on forums will argue to death that LFR should be removed "for the health of the game" disregarding the fact that LFR literally gives the devs justification in spending as much time as they do on raids.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    -People who deny this game has some pretty significant, developer endorsed P2W elements.
    Care to elaborate on what you mean by P2W?

Oh, also when explaining this please realize that if you use the words "WoW" and "token" your argument is completely invalid and you should instead seek therapy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    As soon as I see someone write "if you don't like it, stop playing", I know I'm talking to an idiot.
    Because only the smartest people continue to pay for and play games they dislike!

Are we in opposite world? How the fuck do you think is a reasonable thought pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Care to elaborate on what you mean by P2W?

Oh, also when explaining this please realize that if you use the words "WoW" and "token" your argument is completely invalid and you should instead seek therapy.

- - - Updated - - -

Because only the smartest people continue to pay for and play games they dislike!

Are we in opposite world? How the fuck do you think is a reasonable thought pattern?
    You can literally buy character boosts. That's pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wrong. Next argument?

The biggest waste of space on MMO-C are the "remove raid finder" threads. It's extraordinarily disrespectful to want to remove accessibility options.

People that think wow is pay2win are naive children who have played like 3 games in their life.

Pay to win means there are game affecting things that can only be acquired from the cash shop. Look at a game like Atlantica Online for a hard example, or the premium ammo in World of Tanks for a soft example.

Atlantica has the most powerful items only available from the cash shop. World of Tanks has special, very expensive ammo that breaks the game. It's only sustainable to use if you pay for premium, and at high levels you're forced to use it or lose every battle.

WoW is not pay to win by any metric that isn't just complaining about having money relieving tedium.

It's called logic, not opposite world.

Because its not argument and such sentence holds absolutely no value at all. Can be completely dismissed, otherwise you would be able to counter absolutely any criticism towards anything.

It’s the fallacy of the false dilemma, or the excluded middle. The logical structure is that you are being presented with only two options:

Like it.
    Don't play it.

But there are at least two other options:

Accept it.
    Change it.
    And they are usually the better ones.
    https://www.quora.com/What-logical-f...t-like-it-move
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully you realise how contradictory are these two statements.
    honestly there is literally 0% contradictions in these two lines.

The above line is about whether there is content in the game or not (fact, not opinion) that said person has not done. If there is, then the argument that there isnt content left to do is faulty, (not an opinion, a fact).

The 2nd line is about who has the right to have an opinion on content.

Ofc if the first line were to be changed to "there isnt much content in the game on X difficulty mode" then theres an argument to be made, because a very large part of blizzards designmodel is to stack content vertically by just increasing the difficulty (m+, mythic raids etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

"If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

<------- me
    Oh yes, this 100%

The ppl who respond like this has never been in a guild im quite sure.

Whats girnding my gears is two of Ion's throwaway lines:
    "It would be confusing for new players" (its just insulting).

and secondly "It wouldnt make sence from a lore perspective". Like boy, theres 10000 things that doesnt make sence from a lore perspective and youve said multiple times in the past that gameplay>lore. And still the fucker gives this throwaway line to avoid dissolving factions and a bunch of other things.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    "It wouldnt make sence from a lore perspective". Like boy, theres 10000 things that doesnt make sence from a lore perspective and youve said multiple times in the past that gameplay>lore. And still the fucker gives this throwaway line to avoid dissolving factions and a bunch of other things.
    Did you see the post earlier about false equivalence?

Yeah. Your post makes no sense.

"There is no such thing like prestige in the game" - my personal favourite
    "In-game shop sells only customisation items and is good for the game"
    "Blizzard is making games for people being happy not money"
    "Activision has nothing to how modern WoW looks like"
    "LFR, LFG, pet battles, garrison, etc. were/are good for the game"
    "Classic is dead before release/after first MC/after BWL/after AQ/after Naxx/after TBC start/..."
    "I am casual/bad player and i deserve everything"

+ many more...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-03-29 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically there is this recurring nonsense about LFR/LFG and casual-friendly content somehow ruining the game.

I guess that takes the cake alongside the usual "WoW is dead" all the time repackaged as some bullshit all the time.

Wrong. Next argument?
    Except it's not wrong. you obviously don't know what pay to win means. People are literally paying $60 for an immediate boost in power, which is 100% a form of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Pay to win means there are game affecting things that can only be acquired from the cash shop. Look at a game like Atlantica Online for a hard example, or the premium ammo in World of Tanks for a soft example.

Atlantica has the most powerful items only available from the cash shop. World of Tanks has special, very expensive ammo that breaks the game. It's only sustainable to use if you pay for premium, and at high levels you're forced to use it or lose every battle.

WoW is not pay to win by any metric that isn't just complaining about having money relieving tedium.
    Boosting straight to max level of the previous expansion and jumping right into the new expansion is textbook pay to win. You are paying for character power through the game, which gives you an advantage over people who play the game and can't afford the level boost. P2W isn't just items. P2W is when you use real money to gain an advantage on players that's aren't dropping that $60. I'm starting to think a lot of people either don't know what P2W is or they will defend WoW no matter how god awful the game has become.

I'm starting to think a lot of people either don't know what P2W is or they will defend WoW no matter how god awful the game has become.
    It is p2w, but level boost is nothing in retail and it also sources a way to play with friends faster on your alt. Have never seen anyone having a legit complaint about how boosted players negatively impacting someone's game.
    There is no boost in classic and TBC boost is single use boost only. I would argue that they should have made one boost for free for everyone if they choose not to transfer any classic characters, but w/e they want to make some money and I want to play TBC.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    That is terrible that WoW caters to "casuals." Seriously, while niche games can have some success, you do not have long term of significant success by being a niche game in the MMO genre. Casuals are where the money is at. That's how businesses work, how can we make the most money.

Niche game work best when it is a single player experience as the main focus.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Except it's not wrong. you obviously don't know what pay to win means. People are literally paying $60 for an immediate boost in power, which is 100% a form of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Boosting straight to max level of the previous expansion and jumping right into the new expansion is textbook pay to win. You are paying for character power through the game, which gives you an advantage over people who play the game and can't afford the level boost. P2W isn't just items. P2W is when you use real money to gain an advantage on players that's aren't dropping that $60. I'm starting to think a lot of people either don't know what P2W is or they will defend WoW no matter how god awful the game has become.
    I think you need to define how you "win" in this game. Leveling to 50 in retail takes like what? 10 hours? I dont buy boosts but I don't consider saving 10 hours to hit 10 levels below cap as winning.

- - - Updated - - -

This is an objectively terrible argument. That is not pay to win at all. You sound foolish.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Yeah this isn't true at all. Classic is NOT packed. Not even close. Off peak hours, the majority of servers are pretty much ghost towns. If you like Classic then have a blast but don't be dishonest and claim servers are so packed that you can't even click on NPCs.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not entirely wrong though. Blood elves are the most popular race in game so if Alliance got quel'dorei there would be A LOT more people playing them. Instead Alliance got void elves which were eventually given the appearance option of blood elf colored skin and blue eyes.
    You calling me a liar is actually pathetic of you. I was speaking the truth. Every server I have toons on is packed 24/7. Just cause it is more popular than your little mind likes; does not mean I am a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Logged in twice on the weekend - all zones were completely empty - didnt see a single other player in many hours of play. Went to city, and there was a handful of people - maybe 15/20. One of the biggest realms. Does it mean its dead? obviously not, just hardly any people playing when I was, in the zones I was in.

Calling classic wow dead is obviously stupid, but so is trying to pretend that the number of people are playing "day and night" that you claim - hyperbole doesnt help anyones argument.
    I was not pretending, perhaps you are though. Every server I play on is always packed 24/7

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but if you think someone who boost to level 50! rn is gaining advantage on you, then I'm seriosly sorry for you. The level boost isn't a pay to win feature because in WoW in 2021 levelling in older expansions is not a relevant content nor does it effect the power of your character on max level. You don't gain advantage on others by skipping 10 hours of levelling.