Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Im looking for an MMO that might fit my preferences

Sorry, my english isnt that good, but ill try my best.

The actual state of WoW is quite unpleasant for me. So i search a new MMO that might fit better for me.

I never played something else than wow in this genre, besides SWTOR. I really enjoyed SWTOR, but due to the lack of Raidcontent for a long time, my guild broke and i lost interest in this game.
    Well, im not into cosmetics like tmog or mounts, i simply dont care about these. But i like Housing. I dont mind a good grind, whether its for charpower like AP in Wow or for Raid preparation. I can invest some time to play.
    Of course i like raiding on high difficulties, like mythinc in wow or nightmare-mode in swtor. I dont care itemshops, microtransactions, sub or f2p, the only thing i have problems with is pay to win. like itemshops for gear, or charpower per money.

Oh and i dont really like pvp as endgame content, im a pve player. Im not sure if ff14 or eso is something for me, or if there are other mmos out there that might fit my interests and preferences.

So can im asking for advice, which games are worth trying for me ?

I think both ff14 and eso have a lot of what you saying.
    I would also recommend to try out lotro. It's pretty old, but I think it's well made and have a lot of the things you talking about.

If you don't mind older games, Lord of the Rings Online is still fun and going strong; it checks all the boxes you are looking for. It's free-to-play with optinal sub and/or content unlocks.

Sounds like you need to work on inventing time travel and go back to when Rift was first released. And while you're there stop them from going f2p and selling their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genshin is not bad, but its not realy a mmo (its a gatcha game -- so beware). It can distract you for at least 2 weeks. (genshin will get some type of housing next patch)

Any longer game would be Eso, but its also comes with anoying paywall bag. (and housing is realy limited and also paywalled as you wont be able to use more things to place inside house)

However what i recomend playing right now is Valheim (not a mmo - but survival game), and just get a few friends and play it together. You kinda have *raids* (well bosses) to kill in world, you can build whaterver you want with almost no limits (well your pc could handle). You also lvl up skills and craft your own gear that lasts for a while, till you replace it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Genshin is not bad, but its not realy a mmo (its a gatcha game -- so beware). It can distract you for at least 2 weeks. (genshin will get some type of housing next patch)

Any longer game would be Eso, but its also comes with anoying paywall bag. (and housing is realy limited and also paywalled as you wont be able to use more things to place inside house)

However what i recomend playing right now is Valheim (not a mmo - but survival game), and just get a few friends and play it together. You kinda have *raids* (well bosses) to kill in world, you can build whaterver you want with almost no limits (well your pc could handle). You also lvl up skills and craft your own gear that lasts for a while, till you replace it.
    Valhiem is awesome. I got 200 hours outta it before finishing the content.

ESO probably has the best housing system in any game now that Wildstar is gone. There is technically p2win in the game since you can buy werewolf and vampire from the cash shop and not have to go through the hassle of being bitten and shit.

Before u go on this adventure and thread is closed

GO in on this new MMO buuuuuut try and forget your old MMO-Champion forum poster self who is always complaining and comparing things to World of Warcraft.
    Saying "this is better" "whis is worse" than WoW

You must forget your self that is always finding FLAWS in the game instead of enjoying it.

Try and see only the positives and enjoy said positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Of course i like raiding on high difficulties, like mythinc in wow.
    Don't expect to find anything similar to mythic raiding in other games.

Final Fantasy 14 is what you are looking for most likely.

New World is an upcoming MMO from amazon (still about 4ish months away). It was looking pretty bad back in the original alpha late last year, but they delayed it and the new alpha out right now actually looks (and plays) quite well. The mood in the game, on forums, and by reviewers are certainly way more positive and now more on the "anticipating" side than "ignoring". Worth taking a look at some gameplay vids out there (just make sure you're looking at recent ones, like past few weeks). Its a skill-based combat (no targeting) with limited abilities (3) in a pseudo-colonial world. There IS heavy pvp content/influence but the new version has greatly expanded pve and is actually worthwhile now. Still unsure how many people will buy into its premise long-term but it surprised me how fun the redesign turned out.

First, thx all for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Before u go on this adventure and thread is closed
    Uhm, did i post in the wrong forum ? If yes i am sorry. Or why are you assuming this thread will be closed ?
    And, well i wont compare new mmo to good old world of warcraft. I havent compared SWTOR <--> Wow either. I dislike the game direction of SL, like grinding for cosmetics, but that doesnt mean wow is bad or i started disliking it after more than a decade of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well nightmare operations in SWTOR were quite fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    ESO probably has the best housing system in any game now that Wildstar is gone. There is technically p2win in the game since you can buy werewolf and vampire from the cash shop and not have to go through the hassle of being bitten and shit.
    What Version of ESO i should get ? ESO-Blackwood preorder ? Or do i miss something then ? There are some Versions on steam
    @Fencers The same question, is it that Shadowbringers bundle on steam ?
    @rmgabi and @cozzri LOTRO seems to be completly free on steam to try out ?

Again, @All thx for the answers so far

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Savage modes in FF14.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I HIGHLY recommend Final Fantasy XIV. As someone who used to be a diehard WoW player, FFXIV puts it to shame. It's a PVE focused MMO with an incredible story once you get through the base game.

It's completely free through the first expansion, Heavensward, as well.

For hardmode content, there are Savage and Ultimate raids. They are about on par with Mythic raiding in WoW. I've cleared almost all of this tier of Savage content in the game and I have to say it gave me the same feeling I got when I cleared Mythic WoW content.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would say ESO to be honest. The ammount of housing you can do with housing in FFXIV is great, but it is not instanced, so land plots are limited. You might not get more than an apartment. And an island sanctuary next expansion.
    Also there isn't much hardcore content. You have savage raids, but that is 12 bosses for an entire expansion. If you are lucky you get one single Ultimate fight and around 4 or 5 extreme trials. None of them are really mythic raid difficulty. Savage coil maybe, but that can be massively outleveled since they came with ARR. Hell you can solo it with a crazy enough Blue Mage.

You go to FFXIV for the professions and the story. I never even looked back, but I undertand bit everyone has the same preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Sounds like you need to work on inventing time travel and go back to when Rift was first released. And while you're there stop them from going f2p and selling their game.
    I was thinking this, or wild star

Ffxiv hits everything he wants though

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Savage modes in FF14.
    savage is mid tier mythic at the hardest

Uunat is probably the only boss in the ballpark of ultimate though
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2021-03-28 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Savage modes in FF14.
    Savage mode doesn't come close to mythic. Ultimates maybe, still even then usually fall short compared to end tier mythic bosses.

Sorry, my english isnt that good, but ill try my best.

The actual state of WoW is quite unpleasant for me. So i search a new MMO that might fit better for me.

I never played something else than wow in this genre, besides SWTOR. I really enjoyed SWTOR, but due to the lack of Raidcontent for a long time, my guild broke and i lost interest in this game.
    Well, im not into cosmetics like tmog or mounts, i simply dont care about these. But i like Housing. I dont mind a good grind, whether its for charpower like AP in Wow or for Raid preparation. I can invest some time to play.
    Of course i like raiding on high difficulties, like mythinc in wow or nightmare-mode in swtor. I dont care itemshops, microtransactions, sub or f2p, the only thing i have problems with is pay to win. like itemshops for gear, or charpower per money.

Oh and i dont really like pvp as endgame content, im a pve player. Im not sure if ff14 or eso is something for me, or if there are other mmos out there that might fit my interests and preferences.

So can im asking for advice, which games are worth trying for me ?
    The only thing WoW does better than anything else is its raid/ group content thats it, ESO and FF14 tick every box apart from having raid content as challenging as what mythic raiding is, great thing about FF14 is you only need one char as it can lvl everything if you want too but its slow to get into it at first, i would probably try ESO first and if its going to be your main game a sub is well worth it as you can run out of bag space if you collect lots of crafting materials.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

What Version of ESO i should get ? ESO-Blackwood preorder ? Or do i miss something then ? There are some Versions on steam
    @Fencers The same question, is it that Shadowbringers bundle on steam ?
    @rmgabi and @cozzri LOTRO seems to be completly free on steam to try out ?

Again, @All thx for the answers so far
    I'm not sure how much you wanna spend and how much cheaper the base game is. Blackwood will be the latest expansion so if you wanna play awhile you might want to get that instead of the base edition. Collector's edition might be worth it too if you want a mount right away. I don't remember if base mount speed is the same as running or what but you go to the stables and buy speed unlocks and shit for them. Mounts are cosmetic so you only need one if you don't give a shit what they look like.

Also housing can be expensive. You can get some homes for free but there are also ones you can buy up to like 150$. Housing items can be bought from players but there are also many cash shop ones.

FFXIV is pretty much the only alternative to WoW. Has far less grind too. However, be warned that FFXIV is a JRPG first, and an MMO second. You're not going to really be doing MMO endgame stuff until after you complete the 200-300 hour long story.