Poll: Does WoW Need a New Direction If 9.1 Flops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: If 9.1 Bombs...

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    But if it does they’ll have classic tbc numbers to inflate the sub numbers to hide behind anyways yes?
    Yes. That’s how Classic back in the second half of 2019 saved their numbers after the shitshow that BfA was. TBC Classic will do the same for Shadowlands.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes. That’s how Classic back in the second half of 2019 saved their numbers after the shitshow that BfA was. TBC Classic will do the same for Shadowlands.
    So what will happen when it will be time for Classic WoD? Or hell even Classic Catacylsm.

I think the big concern here is the health of MMOC. This place cannot continue with subs ebbing, interest waning, and lack of frequent patches. I think odds are around 75%-80% that MMOC undergoes a major overhaul in 2021 or possibly even closes outright. People simply do not post here much anymore as it is.

The MMOC general forum has only like 2-3 active threads at a given time. This place is on its last legs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think odds are around 75%-80% that MMOC undergoes a major overhaul in 2021 or possibly even closes outright.
    Those odds are suspiciously similar to your odds of civil war happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So what will happen when it will be time for Classic WoD? Or hell even Classic Catacylsm.
    the same will happen 100%
    i know i will subscribe every time there is a new classic expansion
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Cataclysm until 4.1 and during 4.2 was pretty fantastic though. But as the poster above said, nostalgia will bring back a lot of people everytime a new Classic version comes out.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

The MMOC general forum has only like 2-3 active threads at a given time. This place is on its last legs.
    We have fun every two years when the Taylor Swift meme thread comes up with new expansion hype. We just need content patches to datamine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Cataclysm until 4.1 and during 4.2 was pretty fantastic though. But as the poster above said, nostalgia will bring back a lot of people everytime a new Classic version comes out.
    Which speaks volumes about what the game is like.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    like i said in the post u quoted, the wow killers of the past were never real wow killers, but this lol mmo has the realest chance based on REACH alone. bruh, league of legends has like qudruple the amount of players than wow does. those other mmos didnt.
    arguably wow of the past was much better game.

who knows how those games would do if blizzard released garbage expansion like SL back in +/- 2008.

imagine for example WoLK with completly overtuned raids , no badge gear , elitest lfg system and 60 % of playerbase gone after 3 months after release .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-03-29 at 11:55 AM.

This is laughable, whenever Blizzard do something like lay staff off or start selling rubbish pets in the store we get a economic lesson from the fanboys telling us how nieve we all are and thats how business works. So when posed with the question about what if 9.1 bombs and the game starts losing countless subscriptions what do this captains of industry say should be done? - "No, nothing should be done".

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Damnit Blizz stop giving me this huge list of stuff I have to do to progress my character" "Ok, we hear you, less mandatory stuff and more optional cosmetic stuff" "Damnit Blizz there's not enough to do to progress my character!"
    I for one don't really care about cosmetics. But going from a huge list to basically next to nothing was not a good idea imo. I think if they made conduits and adventure tables a little more interesting and impactful it would be better. Or even The Maw and Thorghast, even tho I hate them lol. And as I said 9.1 doesn't really put anything new to the table, or they don't feel comfortable to talk about it yet, but whatever the issue is, it's concerning.

The longer the wait the bigger the expectations. Yet for all we know they are taking so long not because they are making the biggest and greatest content patch, but due to circumstances of working from home.

At this point I believe that no matter what comes in 9.1 it will not be enough to justify half an year content drought at the start of the expansion.

Also not because other MMOs do it better, no other is getting the amount of content WoW does, but because we've gotten used to expect better of WoW.

So I believe 9.1 will be considered a flop regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    This is laughable, whenever Blizzard do something like lay staff off or start selling rubbish pets in the store we get a economic lesson from the fanboys telling us how nieve we all are and thats how business works. So when posed with the question about what if 9.1 bombs and the game starts losing countless subscriptions what do this captains of industry say should be done? - "No, nothing should be done".
    These posts are just embarrassing at this point. The writing is on the wall. Why keep being deluded about it?

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    They just have to plan out a great content patches stream for SL,
    meanwhile hire another team of wowclassic-loving engineers and make them do the next expansion.
    let the engineers decide on features and not marketing

Next expansion has to be crazy big to explore like vanilla, not a choose 1 out of 4 zones kind of shit.
    and a killer music score always helps
    Not reasonable request unless you want to wait 5-6 years for it. Another problem with that is that each zone is gonna be less dense, and due to people being used to how zones are now people will complain that "yeah we have many zones but there is little to do in each" which was the case for vanilla.

It's easier to do a big world for a new project that often spend years in development due to creating all the basic systems and engine stuff required. Meanwhile artists have plenty of time to spit out a bigger world.

I personally see no point in making a big world as vanilla again since I hardly doubt anyone could ever make the zones be relevant at that scope + players won't want to wait that long for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    These posts are just embarrassing at this point. The writing is on the wall. Why keep being deluded about it?

Pretty sure google auto-fill is taking your history into account... so if you read or watch a lot of youtube about how bad shadowlands is it will auto-fill that in google.
    Not 100% sure though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Pretty sure google auto-fill is taking your history into account... so if you read or watch a lot of youtube about how bad shadowlands is it will auto-fill that in google.
    Not 100% sure though.
    No it doesn't. I got that picture from someone else and put the search results in myself to check. Search engines don't work like advertisements, they don't tailor your experience that would defeat the point of their flexibility in finding things for you.

No it doesn't. I got that picture from someone else and put the search results in myself to check. Search engines don't work like advertisements, they don't tailor your experience that would defeat the point of their flexibility in finding things for you.
    I mean, the idea that they would tailor the experience based on you is how they would find things relevant for you in most cases.
    In my anecdotal experience if I read about something and then google something to find more from something i read in that article it tends to auto fill to what I want to search for or at least something relevant to it... not saying you are wrong, but I don't necessarily agree with your reasoning.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If it fails then there is no point in even trying to keep SL afloat anymore, just pull another WoD and move on to the next expansion entirely.
    and if players are ok with that, thats a giant win for blizzard. considering how much they make on selling expansion licenses. They make more in the first week then the rest of the entire expansions subs

lol nice PR there.

someone should link this to Ions official twitter account.

Shadowlands isn't "bad" per se. I think people are just getting fatigued.

There isn't anything revolutionary about it. The raid is great, the art is great, the gearing treadmill is exactly the same as the two previous expansions. But that's about it, really. Each patch will, as always, generate an influx of resubs to try the new content. However, there's not much to keep people playing beyond that.

3+ Year Old Account
    if you search these in google, most of it are reddit posts crying about the game. You can't say the game is bad because there are ppl on forums crying about it. On forums wow is dying since TBC. In my experience ppl who are enjoying the game are not posting on the forums, thats why the forums feel always so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Which are all irrelevant pointless trash content, for myself, maybe for the casual mentality they arent, i have better things to do than irrelevant housing/transmog and anything else like that.

I said quality actual gameplay content, not irrelevant "Keep busy so we get money or skins" content.
    Guess what, dear? The casuals make up more of this games population than your subset of people. They leave and you won't have a game to play anymore.