View Poll Results: When did you level the most alts and how many?

Voters
331. This poll is closed
  • Vanilla (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • Vanilla (4 or more)

2 0.60%
  • TBC (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • TBC (4 or more)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Wrath (4 or more)

32 9.67%
  • Cata (3 or less)

4 1.21%
  • Cata (4 or more)

17 5.14%
  • MoP (3 or less)

3 0.91%
  • MoP (4 or more)

27 8.16%
  • WoD (3 or less)

2 0.60%
  • WoD (4 or more)

64 19.34%
  • Legion (3 or less)

8 2.42%
  • Legion (4 or more)

119 35.95%
  • BfA (3 or less)

1 0.30%
  • BfA (4 or more)

26 7.85%
  • Shadowlands (3 or less)

5 1.51%
  • Shadowlands (4 or more)

11 3.32%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I tend to level every class to max at some point in an expansion, legion was the only time I relatively geared quite a few of them so I can get the mage tower appearances I wanted

Legion. I had 7 alts I think - campaigns and artefacts were really awesome. It did not feel like doing same thing over and over again, even tho, quests were overlaping between Class Halls. You could also level very easily due to not yet reworked leveling and legion invasions giving crapton of XP.

15+ Year Old Account
    LK, BC were alt friendly. Other expansions not so much. Having to repeat fucking boring questchains and solo grinds (and putting some or all of it on timegate) is the best way of keeping me away from alts.

Legion is the only time I have level capped every class. I only did it to finish the mage tower for each spec since I was certain they would do like they did for CM dungeons and lift transmog restrictions. Surprise, surprise they sure did. I am glad I did too, I found I enjoyed a few specs more than I thought I would.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hello every everyone. Between all the doom and gloom I figured we should do something constructive. Admittedly it is still related to the delay somewhat, but only indirectly.

I'm talking about alts. Alts are important when it comes to the longevity of content. The more characters you level to the cap, the longer you are occupied. Simple. And one way or another each expansion encouraged you to have more than one characters. Multiple classes, races, leveling paths, order hall campaigns, war campaigns, covenants...etc. And catch up mechanics if there were any.

So what I want to know is which expansion (vanilla included) encouraged you the most to level a fresh alt to the cap, and how many alts did you level?
    I wanted to say legion, but legion i made my alts all at the end of the expansion, and i only did 1 of each class to experiance alll the stories.

but WoD i got them all up ASAP and i got a couple warlocks i had a few.

because that garrison gold was fucking mad crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    after cata I completely lost interest to making many alts due to how the world was altered, I stick to a single main since then
    so wotlk I guess
    It's objectively became better both from lore and gameplay perspective.

On the main subject, I leveled all the healers in Wotlk-Cata, and everything else in WoD-Legion-BfA.
    I think Legion was the most fun class wise for obvious reasons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I wanted to say legion, but legion i made my alts all at the end of the expansion, and i only did 1 of each class to experiance alll the stories.
    And admittedly that wouldn't be a fair comparison for SL. We have only just begun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Vanilla I leveled to 60 on alliance, then my friends were horde so I leveled a 2nd alt on Horde, both mages. BC I never really leveled new alts to max, some twinks but nothing special. Wrath I leveled a few alts to max beyond my mages; a priest, a warlock, shaman and hunter. Cata not much extra. MoP I wanted one of every class, so I leveled some others, made a few extra mages on other realms. So I had ~16 alts that point. Funnily enough I got all the MoP world boss mounts with that small of an army before MoP ended, so I went into WoD with similar expectations, and never got Ruhkmar in all of WoD, so when legion came around, I went from 16 alts to 36 alts, one alt for every spec in the game. My main drive was to have more toons for Rukhmar chances, which I did get in Legion.

Carried over into BFA where I got another 10 alts from Allied races for heritage armor achieves, so I'm up to 46 alts during BFA, and during BFA I made a second account for the first time, so I could have a 2nd toon on the boat afk in islands while my husband and I did them on end for mount chances. During the post expansion lull, I decided I was sick of not having the Love Rocket after all these years, so on my second account, I leveled a DK to from 58 (Allied race DKs) to unlock DHs on a bunch of servers, then leveled those DHs to max. So now I have almost 50 demon hunters on my second account. I did not get the Love rocket this year despite 100 chances/day.

TLR max level chars(expac): 2 (vanilla), 2 (BC), 6 (WOTLK), 6 (Cata), 16 (MoP), 16 (WoD), 36 (Legion), 100 (BFA)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM View Post
    this one. so quick to level i have all classes.
    That's not accurate.

Legion. By a long shot. By far the best expansion for alts.

Leveled 5 from 1/20 to 110, boosted 3 to max(ty 42.5k gold average per day from Legion mission table) and ended with 14 at max. Did Legendary Campaign, at least 1 Mage Tower on each, 4 Balance of Power quest lines, and 7-8 Suramar Inssurections iirc.

Fuck me, Legion was great. The WoW savior.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-03-29 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember exactly, but I think MoP or WoD. Since Legion, I hardly level more than 4 characters to max level. At this moment in Shadowlands, I only leveled up 2 characters to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    That's not accurate.
    dude i don't know what to say, i play since the american beta test, and it was never so easy for me to level than this expanion. In a week i can make a character to level 60 and i'm not even playing the same amout of time i was playing back in the days.

Legion. One of each class/story.

Legion by a lot despite its alt-unfriendliness. Class overhauls and the entire expansion focused on making classes as cool as possible.

Kind of a few different answers for me.

WOTLK was the only expansion I played multiple alts through all the current end game content. I had a warlock, prot paladin, and resto druid I did all the raid tiers on.

Legion was the first expansion that made me want to level one of each class to max to experience the order halls. BFA I finished leveling them all to max and also leveled some of the allied races.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion for the class hall, artifact weps, class mounts, and mage tower stuffs.
    Had 14 110s (doubled up druid/hunter on both horde/alli).
    Most of them are still sitting there (the 110 equivalent post-squish, 48 maybe? I dunno).
    Haven't touched them since.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM View Post
    dude i don't know what to say, i play since the american beta test, and it was never so easy for me to level than this expanion. In a week i can make a character to level 60 and i'm not even playing the same amout of time i was playing back in the days.
    Well it IS true that leveling is quick. Like I said I dunno the numbers for every expansion, but it should take 20 hours at a relaxed pace to get to the cap. Does that sound about right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion. Class Hall, Class Campaign, Class Mounts & Artifacts etc. I got a few more alts with every expansion after classic but I was never that active with as many as in Legion & BFA.

Legion was the first time I had all classes on max.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2021-03-29 at 05:30 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

WoD for free gold and because the levelling was actually enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion, but I wish I would have gone after more Mage Tower appearances.