Poll: Most visually appealing?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Covenant Aesthetics: A Poll

Now that we've had time to play with the 4, and probably get a little tired of the one we spend the most time with, which one do you find the most visually pleasing? I refer to both the main hub, the races involved, the covenant specific mounts and sets, etc.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Kyrians then Night Fae then Venthyr. Hate pretty much everything about Necrolords except for a dk set transmog.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Now that we've had time to play with the 4, and probably get a little tired of the one we spend the most time with, which one do you find the most visually pleasing? I refer to both the main hub, the races involved, the covenant specific mounts and sets, etc.
    Guess it depends a lot on armour type and personal taste, but the Kyrian cloth set looks absolutely dope on my priest. The Kyrian plate set is quite neat too tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Kyrian is #4 because I am blinded every time I try to do any quests there. The venthyr plate set is actually really cool so I put it #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only one I truly dislike is Necrolords stuff. The other 3 have some fun and interesting items or mounts.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Overall Night Fae slight edge over Kyrian. Then Venthyr then Necrolords, although I can honestly say a) I like Maldraxxus more than I thought I would, and b) I also think Necro/Maldraxxus has the coolest mounts by far.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I have spent less than 5% of my time in Bastion; Gold and light blue is a design catastrophe, it's horrible.
    Ardenweald is slightly better, butdark blue, purple and black isn't really to my liking.
    Maldraxxus seems nice, but I'm not spending enough time there, due to too much is tied to covenant, compared the other 3 zones, it seems
    Ravendreth.....What's not to like? It's easy to nagivate (even without flight, compared to the their zones) and visually pleasing to the eye. And it have the best storyline BY FAR!!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian -> Venthyr -> Night Fae -> Necrolords.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have spent less than 5% of my time in Bastion; Gold and light blue is a design catastrophe, it's horrible.
    Ardenweald is slightly better, butdark blue, purple and black isn't really to my liking.
    Maldraxxus seems nice, but I'm not spending enough time there, due to too much is tied to covenant, compared the other 3 zones, it seems
    Ravendreth.....What's not to like? It's easy to nagivate (even without flight, compared to the their zones) and visually pleasing to the eye. And it have the best storyline BY FAR!!
    What are you smoking bro

7+ Year Old Account
    This is rigged.

speaking necrolords is the lowest this is obviously rigged, i call a recount!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Total simp for vampires so this is kinda an easy vote. Night Fae are a close second.

5+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr > Necro > Night Fae > Kyrian

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This is rigged.

Maybe people just dont like bootleg scourge?

Bastions/Kyrians are awesome, even tho sets might not be the best. #1 Stewards are best companions!
    Revendreth/Venthyr because theme is really well presented and mogs are good. #2
    Ardenweald/NightFae it has it's strong theme and music is awesome but the covenant itself is... meh? #3 animal form is neat tho
    Maldraxus/Necrolords only appealing thing is plate set and Abomination. Zone looks like shit and Plaguelands had better "Death" atmosphere than Maldraxus. Worst problem is that it's split into 4 house themes but the zone is too small to actually express any of them and it now feels like muddy water.

Kyrian > Venthyr > Night Fae > Necrolords
    for me.

I like Kyrian because it's just so not WoW with it's tranquill pastel colours instand of the rank mix of edge-lord and saturaday morning cartoons; so it's the only really new thing imho.
    Venhyr are nice, because we don't have many gothic elements in WoW, but they overdid it a tad bit for my taste.
    Night Fae are just some additional night elf stuff, but it looks fairly good, albeit quite goofy (the fairy monstrosities especially so) in places.
    Most of the necrolords, especially Maldraxxus itself, just looks like a public subway toilet that hasn't be cleared since the end of WW2. The plate armor is quite nice, but that is one of the few exceptions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Kyrians then Night Fae then Venthyr. Hate pretty much everything about Necrolords except for a dk set transmog.
    necrolord DK main, I dont like the mog to be honest. the zone at least does not suck with terrain obstacles for ground mounts unlike the alternatives.
    the covenant abilitys are not FOTM overtuned nunmber wise and somewhat positive in the utility side of things.

The run to FOTM numberwise overtuned covenants is what really gets me after LEGIONs legendary shitshow. Why does blizzard creates the same mistake that requires painfull nerfs/fixes, instead of just use utility / gimmick choices for the covenant differentiation.

Introducing skipping mechanics into M+ with covenant choices is the single most stupid thing I saw. 4 years of rogue shroud shitshow till nobody could stand it anymore and they introduce it again with covenants.

Sometimes it shows how little the DEVs actually play the game.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This is rigged.

The zone looks like the toilet in dorm after a party where everyone mixed their drinks ate all random crap. You know what happens after that. #nohate tho. It's just the zone looks and lack of actual identity.

I think Necrolords, Kyrians and Venthyr have well-thought out consistent styles and they fit very well with their themes.

I cannot stand the Night Fae aesthetic. It is so hard to do the nature/druid/faerie regions right, and they did so well in previous expansions with Moonglade (for its time) and Val'sharah/Dreamgrove as examples of excellence.

Ardenweald is what happens if the adults left the room and some Nintendo crazed kids design their pixie kingdom. It genuinely is a low point in all of WOW zone history.

I miss times when we have class themed sets.

A hard choice because I do like the Night Fae overall aesthetic but 3 of the 4 armor sets I really don't like (Plate's the only one I do).

Meanwhile I love the armor sets of the Venthyr but don't like the overall aesthetic.

Guess I'll go with NF in the end though.