Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[Movie] DCEU: Black Adam

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6443346/
    Director: Jaume Collet-Serra
    Writers (comic book & character): C.C. Beck, Otto Binder
    (screenplay) Rory Haines, Sohrab Noshirvani, Adam Sztykiel

Black Adam Release Date Moves to July 2022.

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-re...wayne-johnson/
    BY RACHEL LABONTE - 8 HOURS AGO

Black Adam scores a new July 2022 release date. Ever since 2008, Dwayne Johnson has attempted to get a movie made about the DC Comics villain-turned-antihero Black Adam. He was officially cast in the role for the DCEU in 2014, and there was some talk of him making his debut in Shazam. However, that never came to pass. Fans have waited ever since for Johnson to star in a Black Adam solo movie, though the Jaume Collett-Serra-directed project has taken some time to get off the ground. Last year saw Black Adam make significant progress with the addition of various cast members, but the coronavirus pandemic complicated production plans.

Now, though, Black Adam is moving forward once again. Just last week, the film's Justice Society of America lineup was completed with the addition of Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. He joins Noah Centineo (Atom Smasher), Quintessa Swindell (Cyclone), and Aldis Hodge (Hawkman). Additional cast members for Black Adam include Sarah Shahi and Marwan Kenzari, both in unrevealed roles. Black Adam was pulled off the DCEU release calendar late last year due to the pandemic, but that is no longer the case.

Sunday afternoon, Johnson announced on social media he would be making a special announcement regarding Black Adam. He remained coy about what said announcement was about, but it is now clear: Black Adam has a new release date. The film will now premiere on July 29, 2022. It was previously scheduled for release in December of this year. Johnson confirmed the news with a video showing Black Adam taking over the many screens in Times Square, New York City.

In a recent social media post, Johnson confirmed Black Adam is just a few weeks away from starting production. With that spring-summer filming schedule in place, it makes sense that the film won't debut until next year. July might be a bit later than some expected, but it's a perfect summer date for what could be DC's next breakout movie. July 29 puts Black Adam in between The Batman in March and The Flash in November; it can help break up the lengthy wait between DC flicks.

Additionally, sending Black Adam to next year might be a smart move when it comes to dealing with the pandemic. Though there have been positive signs of improvement for the box office and moviegoing experiences, it feels safer to schedule a major film for 2022. This can hopefully give Black Adam the chance to avoid any kind of streaming release that is now becoming common practice for blockbusters these days. After all this time, Black Adam has set down roots on a new date, and hopefully this one will truly stick.

"teaser" movie won't look like this animated stuff..

deleted short scene from Shazam

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to add B.A. wiki information but it's so not relevant after the Shazam movie, lore is different now, I don't mind though..

hopefully they sit down with David F. Sandberg n James Wan (you just can't make an action movie with Dwayne Johnson n not have huge big budget action...Aquaman set the bar n DC needs to stay in the billion dollar club.

--- ----- Update ----- ---

Black Adam – Official Trailer 1

Warner Bros. Pictures
    Jun 8, 2022

The world needed a hero, it got #BLACKADAM. Only in theaters October 21.

From New Line Cinema, Dwayne Johnson stars in the action adventure “Black Adam.” The first-ever feature film to explore the story of the DC Super Hero comes to the big screen under the direction of Jaume Collet-Serra (“Jungle Cruise”).

Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the ancient gods—and imprisoned just as quickly—Black Adam (Johnson) is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.

Johnson stars alongside Aldis Hodge (“City on a Hill,” “One Night in Miami”) as Hawkman, Noah Centineo (“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”) as Atom Smasher, Sarah Shahi (“Sex/Life,” “Rush Hour 3”) as Adrianna, Marwan Kenzari (“Murder on the Orient Express,” “The Mummy”) as Ishmael, Quintessa Swindell (“Voyagers,” “Trinkets”) as Cyclone, Bodhi Sabongui (“A Million Little Things”) as Amon, and Pierce Brosnan (the “Mamma Mia!” and James Bond franchises) as Dr. Fate.

Collet-Serra directed from a screenplay by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, screen story by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, based on characters from DC. Black Adam was created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck. The film’s producers were Beau Flynn, Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia and Dany Garcia, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Chris Pan, Eric McLeod, Geoff Johns and Scott Sheldon

“Black Adam” smashes into theaters and IMAX internationally beginning 19 October 2022 and in North America on October 21, 2022. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-08 at 03:49 PM.

Nice teaser, even though that's animated. For weird reasons I love movies where Dwayne Johnson stars, so let's say I'm hyped.

5+ Year Old Account
    director did Jungle Cruise with him too, not out yet but hopefully they are a good team..

out of his other movies, I have only seen The Shallows, not a movie one needs to see again often, but it did its thing, had suspense n stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shazam was the one best of the DC movies so and avoided being super childish even with a kid focus so if they can keep that up it should be pretty good.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Rock Gives Update On “Black Adam” Movie

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ck-adam-movie/
    By Kellie Haulotte | July 3, 202162

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson took to Instagram to give an update on the upcoming DC movie “Black Adam,” where he plays the title character.

The Rock shared that the final week of production of “Black Adam” is next week. He called the movie, “definitive, unique, badass, and cool.”

The former WWE Champion also shared about the diet he has been currently doing for the movie.

Below is his full post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ4KqxfH6E_/

Shovel it all in and drink it all down. This coming week is a big one – our final week of production for the filming of BLACK ADAM. All the training, the diet (the diet, almost 2 years of character, story and production prep all culminates to next week. Here’s a look at my breakfast/ Sodium pulled. Water limited.

Dialing all. the conditioning in as we save the hardest and most intense scenes for last. Appreciate you guys so much for all the BLACK ADAM support – I think we’re making a movie and creating a universe that’s definitive, unique, bad ass and cool.

Fingers crossed we bring it on home strong next week. Stay disciplined, focused and trust in the process. And shovel it all in and drink it all down. Enjoy your 4th!

5+ Year Old Account
    The rock says shooting is done with some robot camera called bolt that shoots 960 frames per second, normally its 24...not sure why they need 960 or what that will look like, can cinemas handle that?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The rock says shooting is done with some robot camera called bolt that shoots 960 frames per second, normally its 24...not sure why they need 960 or what that will look like, can cinemas handle that?
    The Phantom shoots at 6000 frames per second, it's for slow motion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Phantom shoots at 6000 frames per second, it's for slow motion.
    Probably for flexing

5+ Year Old Account
    Dwayne Johnson Confirms Black Adam Has Finished Filming.

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-mo...johnson-video/
    BY ADAM BENTZ - 5 HOURS AGO

Dwayne Johnson shares a Black Adam set video celebrating the end of filming. The upcoming DCEU film will reunite Johnson with Jungle Cruise director Jaume Collet-Serra and center on his titular antihero previously known as Teth-Adam, a slave from Kahndaq who is granted superpowers by the ancient wizard Shazam. After abusing his newly found powers, Adam spends multiple millennia in prison and goes on to become the archnemesis of the superhero Shazam.

With so few plot details to work with, it's unclear how much of this mythology Black Adam will adapt. Given the character’s connection to Shazam, he was originally planned to debut in the 2019 DCEU film Shazam!, but this plan was scrapped in favor of a solo star vehicle for Johnson, who is currently one of the biggest box office draws working today. The film has assembled a decent ensemble around him with Pierce Brosnan, Aldis Hodge, Noah Centineo, and Quintessa Swindell all starring as members of the Justice Society of America, though it’s unclear if they will act as allies or adversaries for the title character.

Black Adam began filming in April and there have been plenty of teases throughout the production process. Now, The Rock confirms that filming is finished in a video recorded on the set in front of a giant LED screen. In a heartfelt thank you to the cast and crew, the actor called the movie a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will define his career. Watch the Black Adam set video below:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRWZ3QQ...dium=copy_link

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually more interested in this film than I am anything from Marvel, and frankly their constant attempts to subvert expectations has produced a bunch of mediocre films that are in no way representative of the comics. Seeing Pierce Brosnan cast for the film is pretty cool, I've enjoyed his films and well, Dwayne Johnson has always been pretty entertaining even if he isn't the greatest actor in the world. And I think he's the perfect choice for the role. I'll go see this if it turns out good.

5+ Year Old Account
    why all DC trailers today so low res?

Black Adam - Official First Look Teaser Trailer | DC FanDome 2021

IGN
    Oct 16, 2021

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-16 at 09:43 PM.

Very nice! And so...dark.

A supervillain movie with Dwayne Johnson. I'm in.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is such a gigantic difference from shazan, shazan look stupid and ugly with that filled costume, but THIS, is something i can watch, i do hope it does not flop

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    A supervillain movie with Dwayne Johnson. I'm in.
    Technically, they are going with Black Adam being an Anti-Hero.

The part where he caught a bullet was kinda dumb when they just shot several shots at him but otherwise looks kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The part where he caught a bullet was kinda dumb when they just shot several shots at him but otherwise looks kinda cool.
    Seems fine to me...he's probably curious about these strange tiny "arrows" that people are shooting at him...so he grabbed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is such a gigantic difference from shazan, shazan look stupid and ugly with that filled costume, but THIS, is something i can watch, i do hope it does not flop
    Have to agree here.
    Plus he's a prick and I just don't see the appeal.
    This does look good yea.
    Will be the first film he's in I've ever liked at this rate.
    Either way he's better than Cena.
    Stop trying to make that happen guys.
    I beg you.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Seems fine to me...he's probably curious about these strange tiny "arrows" that people are shooting at him...so he grabbed one.
    Looks really awkward to me imo since you don't see any of the other bullets hit him. You just see them fire a hail of bullets at him and then the reaction of him grabbing a single bullet.
    They should have shot one bullet at first for him to catch then fired a fuckload that he just let bounce off him.