Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, I absolutely think it was genocide, and a shitty thing to do. The Nazis were much more blind to their own atrocities.
    They were not. They approved of their atrocities. Not the same thing, at all.

Hitler ran for office on a campaign of "the Jews are the problem and need to be eliminated". Among other platform points. His antagonism towards the Jewish people was not remotely a secret. The Nazis knew full well what they were doing to the Jewish people. And the shock and horror some of the Wehrmacht and citizenry expressed after the war was over and films of the death camps were shown did not stem from the idea that there were death camps, it stemmed from surprise that they were being so efficiently slaughtered. That the camps existed was public knowledge. That Jews were arrested on specious grounds, their worldly possessions stolen from them, and their lives sent to the camps to be consumed in the name of the Reich was public knowledge. The average German (read; Nazi, at the time) just thought they were being "worked to death", rather than "worked to starvation and then gassed en masse to make room for more new victims".

The Holocaust was public knowledge. The scale of the Holocaust was the surprise.

As they say; there's a word for the average German citizen or Wehrmacht soldier of the era, just doing their jobs and supporting their government out of some sense of nationalism, economic anxiety, or what have you. And that word is "Nazi". The idea that the Nazis were an exploitative tick on the back of good Germans is just colossally, historically incorrect. The Nazis enjoyed massive popularity, and their rhetoric was straight-up blatantly genocidal in nature.

Hitler also thought the end justified the means.
    See, this is honestly misleading.

To Hitler, the mass extermination of the Jews wasn't the "means" that had to be justified in pursuit of some greater goal. It was the "end" that he explicitly and openly desired and campaigned upon, to populist acclaim by the German people. It wasn't a terrible sacrifice he felt was necessary, it was explicitly what he felt was the desirable outcome and what he framed most of Germany's social structures in pursuit of achieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    We're not doing a "blame x- racial group" blame game and that needs to cease immediately.
    yea this is load of shit, you let "white people ____" go all the time

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Only if, in your own head, you translate "white supremacists" or "white nationalists" as "all white people". Which is a "you" problem, not a forum inconsistency problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They were not. They approved of their atrocities. Not the same thing, at all.

Hitler ran for office on a campaign of "the Jews are the problem and need to be eliminated". Among other platform points. His antagonism towards the Jewish people was not remotely a secret. The Nazis knew full well what they were doing to the Jewish people. And the shock and horror some of the Wehrmacht and citizenry expressed after the war was over and films of the death camps were shown did not stem from the idea that there were death camps, it stemmed from surprise that they were being so efficiently slaughtered. That the camps existed was public knowledge. That Jews were arrested on specious grounds, their worldly possessions stolen from them, and their lives sent to the camps to be consumed in the name of the Reich was public knowledge. The average German (read; Nazi, at the time) just thought they were being "worked to death", rather than "worked to starvation and then gassed en masse to make room for more new victims".

The Holocaust was public knowledge. The scale of the Holocaust was the surprise.

As they say; there's a word for the average German citizen or Wehrmacht soldier of the era, just doing their jobs and supporting their government out of some sense of nationalism, economic anxiety, or what have you. And that word is "Nazi". The idea that the Nazis were an exploitative tick on the back of good Germans is just colossally, historically incorrect. The Nazis enjoyed massive popularity, and their rhetoric was straight-up blatantly genocidal in nature.

See, this is honestly misleading.

To Hitler, the mass extermination of the Jews wasn't the "means" that had to be justified in pursuit of some greater goal. It was the "end" that he explicitly and openly desired and campaigned upon, to populist acclaim by the German people. It wasn't a terrible sacrifice he felt was necessary, it was explicitly what he felt was the desirable outcome and what he framed most of Germany's social structures in pursuit of achieving.
    You are correct.

I should have stated that they had no problem justifying their genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Citation requested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Only if, in your own head, you translate "white supremacists" or "white nationalists" as "all white people". Which is a "you" problem, not a forum inconsistency problem.
    Full time forum no lifers like you label everything white supremacy.
    from math and meritocracy to black on Asian violence.

Edit: Like clockwork, Endus has his mod buddys come save him
    Last edited by infinit; 2021-04-02 at 12:18 AM.

Full time forum no lifers like you label everything white supremacy.
    If only white supremacy tears tasted as sweet as liberal ones... am I right? Your priorities are totally fucked...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm not racist towards asians. I just fucking hate China and rightfully so.
    "I'm not racist against Asians, just a particular group of Asians tyvm"

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That is not what he said. He does not like China as its politics and such

reread what he said, or do you not know the difference between a country and a race.

You just win all sorts of battles in your own mind, don't you?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    You just win all sorts of battles in your own mind, don't you?
    Why yes I do how did you know? And you all are assuming just as much as I am lol.

Why yes I do how did you know? And you all are assuming just as much as I am lol.
    In my mind:

I hate China = I hate the Chinese government.

I hate the Chinese = I hate the people of China.

One is racist. The other is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

a combination of

- the Chinese not owing up to releasing a bioweapon, accidentally or not, and their actions of aggressive denial, illegal expansion, and cultural genocide putting everyone at unease.

- White nationalism, aggression, and ignorance being encouraged by America's own leaders and media. While China is evil to the core, the news really does a lot to unnaturally stir unease with clickbaity headlines.

- lockdown effects on mental health in a nation notorious for low IQ (or at least easily gullible) population at large

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    a combination of

- the Chinese not owing up to releasing a bioweapon, accidentally or not, and their actions of aggressive denial, illegal expansion, and cultural genocide putting everyone at unease.

- White nationalism, aggression, and ignorance being encouraged by America's own leaders and media. While China is evil to the core, the news really does a lot to unnaturally stir unease with clickbaity headlines.

- lockdown effects on mental health in a nation notorious for low IQ (or at least easily gullible) population at large
    Evidence for your claims, please.

Considering you support the people doing your second bullet point... this seems odd.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Evidence for your claims, please.

Considering you support the people doing your second bullet point... this seems odd.
    - COVID is a Chinese bioweapon either released accidentally or deliberately to improve their geopolitical gains. The way they aggressively raise security and secrecy on its origins and keep WHO under their thumb already makes it obvious enough and pisses everyone off.

- I mean the stereotyping of Americans aside, the capitol riots and people accidentally killing themselves by consuming handwash based on misinformation early on in the pandemic should tell you how gullible Americans can be at large. In a time of crisis like this, it doesn't take much to send people into murderous racist-driven frenzies with the right goading and misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    - COVID is a Chinese bioweapon either released accidentally or deliberately to improve their geopolitical gains. The way they aggressively raise security and secrecy on its origins and keep WHO under their thumb already makes it obvious enough and pisses everyone off.

- I mean the stereotyping of Americans aside, the capitol riots and people accidentally killing themselves by consuming handwash based on misinformation early on in the pandemic should tell you how gullible Americans can be at large. In a time of crisis like this, it doesn't take much to send people into murderous racist-driven frenzies with the right goading and misinformation.
    Repeating it doesn't make it evidence.

Dude, you're an avowed Trump supporter.... so to complain about the bullshit he pushes, seems odd.

Hitler ran for office on a campaign of "the Jews are the problem and need to be eliminated". Among other platform points. His antagonism towards the Jewish people was not remotely a secret. The Nazis knew full well what they were doing to the Jewish people.
    It's not just that, the language hitler used against the Jews might scare you a bit.

He often described the Jews as invaders when they had merely fled war in their own country as refugees.

Two big points he ran on was that Jews were stealing jobs from the hard working native German citizen, and that they were somehow simultaneously leeching off the welfare of the German state.

He did speak about originally just deporting them all, but after mass deportation proved to be impossible as nobody would take them and moving that many people at once is a monumental feat in and of itself, all of the Jews who were in concentration camps began being moved to death camps because they were just running out of room and money to take care of them. The death camps were certainly not something originally operated, but they became an "acceptable solution" to the "Jew problem".

There's a lot more rhetoric that's frighteningly similar to modern parallels and the Republican party.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's not just that, the language hitler used against the Jews might scare you a bit.

He often described the Jews as invaders when they had merely fled war in their own country as refugees.
    This statement just made me scratch my head repeatedly, it seems you are trying to make an analogy of a square piece fit into a round hole.

How Jews got to Germany in the 1930s is a complicated story and saying that they 'had merely fled war in their own country' is in no way accurate, and it goes without saying that the Ashkenazim(German Jews) were not "parasites" as Hitler normally said (I haven't heard "invaders" used for that).

Israel was first captured by Rome and a few began the diaspora as spoils of war at that time or later; most stayed but regularly revolted against the Roman rule which was met with opposition from the Romans and finally they were forbidden from entering their former capital, and thus left for other countries (or were forced to emigrate - the details aren't clear) and were later expulsed again (from England, Spain) during the centuries.

Lol at all the posturing in this thread from people who have said blatantly racist stuff about us koreans and other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Lol at all the posturing in this thread from people who have said blatantly racist stuff about us koreans and other people.
    Like who/what?