Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    why do casuals think they deserve full 226 when they dont run high keys, high rated pvp, or mythic raiding?
    First of all define casual. and even if they do why do you care?? Why is it that everyone seems to, as of lately, give a damn about what others do and how they gear their toons ???

I am sorry but caring about my toon is more then enough to exhaust me.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    First of all define casual. and even if they do why do you care?? Why is it that everyone seems to, as of lately, give a damn about what others do and how they gear their toons ???

I am sorry but caring about my toon is more then enough to exhaust me.
    But I dont care how people gear their toon. The rewards should match the content

...ask me how i know youve never played vanilla
    Ask me how you create strawmen to defend your nonpoint? Just for clarity... I have played since Open Beta. I'm not saying that gear hasn't been used as a reward just that it no longer needs to. We have better means to convey higher levels of content cleared in the form of titles and achievements... two things that should be the pinnacle of rewards that have sadly fallen to the wayside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    This should be the tagline of the expansion, as we sit struggling to find a reason to care about Torghast, callings, or an enormous year(s)-consuming anima grind for slight palette swaps on gear.
    LOL yes and the end of the anima grind at least i want a world buff like:
    "while in outzone all enemy npc became neutral, and when attacked they die oneshooted whsipering "sorry for ur time lost" and drop 3x whatever they got"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Ask me how you create strawmen to defend your nonpoint? Just for clarity... I have played since Open Beta. I'm not saying that gear hasn't been used as a reward just that it no longer needs to. We have better means to convey higher levels of content cleared in the form of titles and achievements... two things that should be the pinnacle of rewards that have sadly fallen to the wayside.
    titles and achievements mean 1000 times less than gear

But I dont care how people gear their toon. The rewards should match the content
    But that will never ever happen. You know why; because their is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooooo many whiners in this game. And Blizzard listens to them more the elitist players. Another reason as well is that Blizzard is constantly changing their shit every expansion. Hell every major patch depending on the expansion. I think I have gotten in mind just gear your toon however you can get it. As a player who shifts from PvP to mythic raiding and sometimes to casual, I have to take it how I can get it to gear my toon.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    I know its bait but to answer your rigged question honesty. WoW used to be based off of gear progression. If you simply handed out powerful loot to people that are not ready to climb the difficulty ladder they become a toxic element to the community rapidly. It positions them into a spot where the content they have the skills for no longer has a chance of offering them rewards while the new content that is rewarding to them is so far out of their skill level they become instant burdens to everyone around.

They went ahead and gave everyone free gear and now the game is based entirely around raider io as a result. I don't know if this is better or not but it was the only outcome possible. There has never been a time where simply being super excited to do content got you access to it alone.
    because gearscore was soooo much better? Even in WotLK, there were enough bad players running around in ICC HC gear without a clue, I've seen and cooperated with enough guilds to know that getting gear isn't just based on skill or effort, enough bads get by with knowing (or tricking lol) enough people to get the gear, and this has been going on for a long time. To add to that, even in vanilla there are pieces of crafted gear that are BIS for some classes, and are simply available in the AH, so blizz has always made it possible to get good gear. I do think that at some point wow has had it too easy to get certain pieces of gear.

But, rio isn't just a reaction to mediocre people getting good gear (as good gear could at least compensate for mediocre skill), it's basically asking people if they have the achievement or key lvl for the content. Instead, because it's so easy to get gear, blizz decided to slow the gearing process down artificially by making loot drops far more random than in earlier gear progression systems.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    They get mad because "they worked for it".
    It doesn't occur to them that they've had the higher gear levels for longer and that they've been completing higher levels of content, that's not relevant to them.
    It's the same old human condition: the 'haves' do not want the 'have nots' to taste any luxury.

In today's WoW, the 16+ year old game that it is, gear levels are largely irrelevant to prestige.
    No one gives two shits if you stood in awe of someone in 2004 because they had a purple item; it's not 2004 anymore.
    Hundreds of people pay for carry runs every week to get the same gear Mr Mythic Raider gets.
    If you think standing around in Oribos with your 226+s on makes you an inspiration to the little folk, well, it doesn't. Not in any real impactful way.
    You're just a guy standing there that the majority of people see for 2sec as they run past to the flight point or to go to the inescapable maw for the 47th time that day.

The achievement of AOTC/CE is what matters.
    PVP mounts for the to % matter.
    Good mythic raiders and PVPers get that first, mediocre ones maybe down the road, and bad ones most likely not at all.
    That's your prestige.
    So, if you are that thirsty for attention, I guess run around Oribos/SW/Org with /yell and your achievement and see who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    This. Same goes i.e. for damage. You should always deal way more damage when you master speccs way more complex to others in comparison. If you can play a class with monitor adjustment buttons because there is nothing much going on to pay attention to it shouldn't easily outdps speccs with twice or three times the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    But that will never ever happen. You know why; because their is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooooo many whiners in this game. And Blizzard listens to them more the elitist players. Another reason as well is that Blizzard is constantly changing their shit every expansion. Hell every major patch depending on the expansion. I think I have gotten in mind just gear your toon however you can get it. As a player who shifts from PvP to mythic raiding and sometimes to casual, I have to take it how I can get it to gear my toon.
    But then Im not arguing with you. If you are doing mythic raiding then you will have the best gear in the game...and you deserve it because you are doing the hardest content in the game.

My problem is not with casuals getting loot, and a casual can be skilled just fine, but with devs making loot from 10 different sources on par or better than raid loot.

I miss pre-Legion raiding.

and that is wrong, or right? for me wrong. and "mean" for what? for being a good player? a farming player? a boosted player?
    equip is not and should not be a misuration of skill (gearscore failed hard in wotlk)
    i think a better but not perfect misuration for skill can be log parsing. trying to beat the 80-90% parse is still a better misuration of skill then equip...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    equip=more power is it necessary for that people???
    Prestige can come in the form of titles or achievements... it does not need to be in the form of better gear.

And I can refute that and ask you why you need Mythic ilvl gear to do your WQs and LFR... Mythic has that gear for tight DPS checks for bosses.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-03-30 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    They get mad because "they worked for it".
    It doesn't occur to them that they've had the higher gear levels for longer and that they've been completing higher levels of content, that's not relevant to them.
    It's the same old human condition: the 'haves' do not want the 'have nots' to taste any luxury.

In today's WoW, the 16+ year old game that it is, gear levels are largely irrelevant to prestige.
    No one gives two shits if you stood in awe of someone in 2004 because they had a purple item; it's not 2004 anymore.
    Hundreds of people pay for carry runs every week to get the same gear Mr Mythic Raider gets.
    If you think standing around in Oribos with your 226+s on makes you an inspiration to the little folk, well, it doesn't. Not in any real impactful way.
    You're just a guy standing there that the majority of people see for 2sec as they run past to the flight point or to go to the inescapable maw for the 47th time that day.

The achievement of AOTC/CE is what matters.
    PVP mounts for the to % matter.
    Good mythic raiders and PVPers get that first, mediocre ones maybe down the road, and bad ones most likely not at all.
    That's your prestige.
    So, if you are that thirsty for attention, I guess run around Oribos/SW/Org with /yell and your achievement and see who cares.
    It has nothing to do with the haves and have nots. No one in wow can stop someone from doing any end game activity.

- - - Updated - - -

and that is wrong, or right? for me wrong. and "mean" for what? for being a good player? a farming player? a boosted player?
    equip is not and should not be a misuration of skill (gearscore failed hard in wotlk)
    i think a better but not perfect misuration for skill can be log parsing. trying to beat the 80-90% parse is still a better misuration of skill then equip...
    its something to work for but parsing a 99 doesnt give you anything in WoW

And better gear means 1000x less if you can already do the content that drops the better gear... what did you need the gear for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And I can refute that and ask you why you need Mythic ilvl gear to do your WQs and LFR... Mythic has that gear for tight DPS checks for bosses.
    Why does mythic raid end boss drop loot? You obviously don't need the loot drop if you killed the boss before his drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The problem is with blizzards lack of imagination, copy/pasting the exact gear across 4 different difficulties of said raid absolutely devalue the gear at the higher end

They need to make unique gear for each and every difficulty. Trinkets that only drop heroic. A raid legendary that only drops off mythic boss X, a mount that only drops from LfR, etc

Blizz took the easiest and cheapest approach and no surprise it cheapens and devalues the product

They have the tools and talent for every single raid difficulty to offer unique rewards, and there lies the main issue... it’s not so much people don’t want others to gear, but why do mythic if normal rewards basically the same gear with a few lower stats? They need to take the time and make unique gear for each and every difficulty. Some way for each difficulty to stand out over the others, but allows everyone to gear

its something to work for but parsing a 99 doesnt give you anything in WoW
    And that's the point!
    Why that got no "different from equip=power" reward!?

And that's the point!
    Why that got no "different from equip=power" reward!?
    because playing wow should give rewards in wow. Not dependent on a 3rd party data storage website

And better gear means 1000x less if you can already do the content that drops the better gear... what did you need the gear for?
    the next tier