Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
59
99
... LastLast
  1. #961
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Do... "skilled" players bitch like this actually? I havent seen it myself. The only time I see them bitching about anything related to this is when they feel they need to do lower content to progress, not so much when others also get good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    1% of playerbase who clear mythic raiding content and don't play until PTR for the next major patch comes out? Why would they care?
    Some people actually get it xd thought this thread was full of Jimmys butthurt for being declined in group content and blaming the top% for their lack of ilvl.

  2. #962
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I can give you one example. In my guild we have couple of players who are relatives to guild leader/officers. They play very few hours, mostly raiding and high keys carried by the guild. They are in no way bad players, just don't play many hours.

    Would you call these players casuals? If so, who are the skilled players we are talking about here? 1% of playerbase who clear mythic raiding content and don't play until PTR for the next major patch comes out? Why would they care?
    I've fully admitted in this thread that I am the direct opposite of that. I don't really see myself as a casual player, as when I did have my computer I would play up to 12 hours a day. I'm just not great at the game. I struggle with a lot of the rated competitive and organized group content, the finer aspects of my class as well as all the stuff about scoring and logs and all that. Things like M+ make me extremely nervous. I also not great with the social aspect of things. I don't have many friends at all and I genuinely struggle at making and maintaining relationships with people. For the most part I've always been happy just keeping to myself and trying to stay out of everyone's way.

    I used to be able to have fun and progress in my own way despite that, at least until Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-03 at 04:05 AM.

  3. #963
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I've fully admitted in this thread that I am the direct opposite of that. I don't really see myself as a casual player, as when I did have my computer I would play up to 12 hours a day. I'm just not great at the game. I struggle with a lot of the rated competitive and organized group content, the finer aspects of my class as well as all the stuff about scoring and logs and all that. Things like M+ make me extremely nervous. I also not great with the social aspect of things. I don't have many friends at all and I genuinely struggle at making and maintaining relationships with people. For the most part I've always been happy just keeping to myself and trying to stay out of everyone's way.

    I used to be able to have fun and progress in my own way despite that, at least until Shadowlands.
    You haven't played shadowlands yet...

  4. #964
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    You haven't played shadowlands yet...
    Read plenty of things on it and watched plenty of videos. Plenty of time to do that without a computer after all. None of my suspicions about that expansion have been proven wrong yet.

    "Have lots of friends or geeeeeyet out!" is the impression I am getting.

  5. #965
    Idk about a debate between skill players and casuals but for me, I spend a lot of time in this game, mainly doing m+. Ive literally been farming mists for weeks trying to get an unbound changling which I can upgrade to 220 and its yet to drop for me. In this time Ive helped numerous guildies who come on for one key a week and people who are just leveling new characters which they will probably never play again, and so far 4 have dropped for them. Call me salty but yea its kinda a pisstake that people who havent put the effort in get the gear Im after.

    Its actually one of the main reason I absolutely hate playing alts. Imagine getting that drop youve been after on an alt after the first dungeon. This actually happened back in bfa. I was after a certain corruption piece and decided to boost the same class for lols. Less than 10hours playtime, I got the corruption piece which I was after on my main on a bis item.

    As for skill, just because you are casual doesnt mean you are a bad player in the slightest, Im fine with people not in a hardcore raiding environment getting good drops, as long as they actually put the effort in rather than a 1 off dungeon

  6. #966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Read plenty of things on it and watched plenty of videos. Plenty of time to do that without a computer after all. None of my suspicions about that expansion have been proven wrong yet.

    "Have lots of friends or geeeeeyet out!" is the impression I am getting.
    No, you are being told that you can ding 60, and start pvp straight away. You will obtain gear very quickly, as it is arguably the fastest gearing method in SL. You are choosing to ignor that advice, even though it is the majority of this thread. People who actually play SL (Unlike you) are telling you VERY CLEARLY that your "fears" are entirely unfounded, and if you actually played the game you would find this out for yourself.

    You are choosing to put your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALALA NOT LISTENING, I READ A THREAD ON A FORUM AND CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT INSTEAD BECAUSE IT FITS MY NARRATIVE LALALALALALA".

    This is on you, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

  7. #967

    Because reward should be adequate to the content

    Because reward should be adequate to the content.

  8. #968
    GW2 tried this everyone get the same gear/Horizontal progression style and it's trash now, it just doesn't work for MMO, if WOW adopt similar model then i'll just move to other MMO.

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The "edge" you speak of is fictitious.

    If someone wants better gear to compete with the duelists, they can improve at the game and become better players. Contrary to popular belief PvP does not require thousands of hours of investment to get a high rating in a season.
    Some players just don't become better no matter how hard they try...

  10. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

    And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    I would say that this stands true for most guilds/players. For high end guilds (smth like top 20-50 or so) the reward is getting as high rank as possible, and gear is just a tool.

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    But I don't care how people gear their toon. The rewards should match the content
    Thus you do care, because if they were given something slightly better than what you determine as "reward for the content" you would care. Instead of actually not caring and ignoring the fact they got the better gear. Which is how more people need to be, ignoring other people's rewards and concern themselves with themselves and stop being stuck up about this concern over pixel "rewards" from content that will stop being relevant in the very next major patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

  12. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Thus you do care, because if they were given something slightly better than what you determine as "reward for the content" you would care. Instead of actually not caring and ignoring the fact they got the better gear. Which is how more people need to be, ignoring other people's rewards and concern themselves with themselves and stop being stuck up about this concern over pixel "rewards" from content that will stop being relevant in the very next major patch.
    Thank you for this.

  13. #973
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Thus you do care, because if they were given something slightly better than what you determine as "reward for the content" you would care. Instead of actually not caring and ignoring the fact they got the better gear. Which is how more people need to be, ignoring other people's rewards and concern themselves with themselves and stop being stuck up about this concern over pixel "rewards" from content that will stop being relevant in the very next major patch.
    Not if said better gear was awarded for much easier content - you are completely ignoring this core aspect. Not a single person i know actually cares what gear someone else is getting SO LONG AS SAID GEAR MATCHES THE CHALLENGE OF THE CONTENT THAT REWARDED IT.

    Let me slow it down a bit. I have no issue at all with pvp rewarding the same ilvl gear as mythic raids - no issue AT ALL. But if mythic raids are at such a high difficulty that only 5% of the playerbase are willing and able to beat it, then the same or similar needs to be said regarding pvp. So high rated pvp players, the top 5-8% (for example) being rewarded with gear of the same ilvl as mythic raids? Yup, totally cool.

    The issue arises when spamming random bgs and "farming" honor (afking 50% of the time watching tv) with no expectation or demands on performance, is awarding the same gear as a mythic raid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Thank you for this.
    For what? Not understanding the concept at all and contradicting themself?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-03 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yeah I don't really believe you. Also, I'd love to know where you were getting this 203 gear because the only time I got high ilvl loot was from the timewalking weekly quests outside of raiding.
    im not bad cuz youre bad bro i know its hard to belive but thats what all top 50 even 100 guilds did

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Some players just don't become better no matter how hard they try...
    dont act like WoW is some Moba or FPS if you have 2 hards and no eye conditions you can clear mythic with a random wr 1000 guild its 100% lazyness

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    im not bad cuz youre bad bro i know its hard to belive but thats what all top 50 even 100 guilds did

    - - - Updated - - -



    dont act like WoW is some Moba or FPS if you have 2 hards and no eye conditions you can clear mythic with a random wr 1000 guild its 100% lazyness
    The only time you will get higher ilvl is from the vault, normal raid and up, and in mythic+ dungeons. It has absolutely nothing to do with "being bad". The fact is that group drop rates are exceptionally low so it takes a long time to gear up. Also, no. You cannot easily clear mythic like that. If you're saying that in earnest then you have definitely never stepped foot in mythics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Not if said better gear was awarded for much easier content - you are completely ignoring this core aspect. Not a single person i know actually cares what gear someone else is getting SO LONG AS SAID GEAR MATCHES THE CHALLENGE OF THE CONTENT THAT REWARDED IT.

    Let me slow it down a bit. I have no issue at all with pvp rewarding the same ilvl gear as mythic raids - no issue AT ALL. But if mythic raids are at such a high difficulty that only 5% of the playerbase are willing and able to beat it, then the same or similar needs to be said regarding pvp. So high rated pvp players, the top 5-8% (for example) being rewarded with gear of the same ilvl as mythic raids? Yup, totally cool.

    The issue arises when spamming random bgs and "farming" honor (afking 50% of the time watching tv) with no expectation or demands on performance, is awarding the same gear as a mythic raid.

    - - - Updated - - -



    For what? Not understanding the concept at all and contradicting themself?
    Ok but it boils down to one simple fact that Keristrasza brought up. Getting mad about what OTHER people are getting in game is toxic and it's why the pve community gets worse and worse with every expansion. Mythic raids always have an exclusive mount and a version of the raid armor with extra art effects. Casuals can never get those rewards without paying for a carry or waiting until the next expansions comes out. But even then, the mount will become a 1% drop rate.

    So there really is absolutely no reason to get upset. It doesn't impact your play time because those people will likely never be on a mythic raid team. Why does someone ELSE'S enjoyment of the game hurt/bother you?

  16. #976
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only time you will get higher ilvl is from the vault, normal raid and up, and in mythic+ dungeons. It has absolutely nothing to do with "being bad". The fact is that group drop rates are exceptionally low so it takes a long time to gear up. Also, no. You cannot easily clear mythic like that. If you're saying that in earnest then you have definitely never stepped foot in mythics.
    i won't respond to you troll anymore waste of O2 but for the colsure im a former TG Gaming Player (peaked in MOP WR9) and i play in Oblivion (EU Blackrock) atm you can look up if ihave stepped into mythic raiding

  17. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only time you will get higher ilvl is from the vault, normal raid and up, and in mythic+ dungeons. It has absolutely nothing to do with "being bad". The fact is that group drop rates are exceptionally low so it takes a long time to gear up. Also, no. You cannot easily clear mythic like that. If you're saying that in earnest then you have definitely never stepped foot in mythics.
    Check the ilvl that any HoF guild had when they got their AOTC week 1 and the ilvl they had when they cleared the first 3-4 Mythic bosses before spouting more delusional stuff.

  18. #978
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    So the players that actually complete the content giving 0 fucks about anyone else since they just do their thing in their guild, have personal interviews with blizz so blizz keeps designing the game around them? people like u are actually so delusional xd you try to make it seem like the top 5% cares about you, sorry to burst your bubble but they dont, blame blizz for not implementing what you actually want, that is when you actually realize what you really want.
    Holy strawman Batman!

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Holy strawman Batman!
    Theres no strawman, you people legit think anyone on high end content cares about what you do or get xd you arent that important buddy, its just funny that you always use the same arguments when talking about "elitists" and the top% of the players, if you used your brain a bit you would try to get better and/or suggest blizz some solutions to your gear progression in the right places, since this one isnt, and if this wasnt clear enough, this means you can get all the 226 gear you want, you wont get anywhere with it, hence why the top% doesnt care.

  20. #980
    I think that people who cry most about what others get are the likes of HC raider level who feel threatened by the alternative/easier ways to get better gear. Mythic raiders? Who cares, we get best shit as is 3 times faster anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •