Page 1 of 111
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why skilled player got so mad about casual getting better loot?

    I mean,
    real skilled players can complete their goals even with not so good equip (very good player in normal gear can complete hc, with hc gear can complete mythic)
    while casual need that gear to pass that goals....
    Why skilled player got so mad about??? at the end of the day their are still better and skilled!
    Or after all this wow years we still make the same error and think gear should be a reward for skill instead that a pure instrument to a goal???
    What the heck a top 100-1000 player need mythic loot for, if they close raid/m+ in hc gear???
    It's like a professional driver/pilot going mad the normal driver can do the same route but with autopilot and a better car....
    Or football/soccer player going mad to sunday friendly bob about having better shooes and equipment....

    Current Thread Warnings:

    This is not a thread about Final Fantasy 14 and the "Game vs. Game" argument is derailing the thread. Please return to the actual topic of the thread.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-04-26 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added Thread Warnings

  2. #2
    People who get mad about others getting loot simply see loot as a reward. For them loot is the end goal. It's not so much about beating a hard boss but about getting the cool stuff that this boss drops. And if everyone gets the cool loot from a boss, then it's not so special anymore that they beat that boss and got that loot.

  3. #3
    The same counts for the PVP landscape where players locked in 226 duelist gear don't want casuals reach a similar ilvl.
    The ones that "have" don't want to lose their edge and create a level playing field.

    However this edge causes a lot of casuals leaving the game, so the game only works for those who have access to the best gear.

  4. #4
    I agree that it shouldn't matter but it does.

    If a normal driver does the same route it takes away some of the "awe" from the professional driver. At least in the eyes of the general public. I guess it's just how we work. Even if I know it's unfair to judge a artisans work by how perfect a machine made piece can be but I still judge them. I see that something isn't perfectly straight, that a tiny detail isn't cymetrical with the other side etc. If I didn't know of the machine made piece then I would just be stunned by how good their work was because it would be best piece I had ever seen.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  5. #5
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

    And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-03-30 at 01:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral bloodkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in your mind
    Posts
    1,024
    For some of these players, the gear they have is a display piece for their supposed skill, and don't like it when others have it, as it would suggest that their skill isn't all that special (which it isn't). However, ​Skill =/= better geared. There are enough mediocre players tin guilds or groups that carry them them through raids and get gear. I've seen enough bads in heroic gear of even better being total idiots and getting owned by mobs in open world content. So to a degree, this elitism is a moot point at best, but enough heroic/mythic raiders will get in here to complain that nobody than them should have it.

    However, HC and mythic raiders will get in here and qq that only they should have access to such gear, and I disagree. appropriate skill or Effort should reward appropriate gear, and there should be more ways to earn good gear then there are now, maybe something in smaller or even solo play options such as tower or something. This game shouldn't be the timewasting grind for nothing that it is now. enough players spend dozens of hours in this game each week without getting anywhere, and blizz should address that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlessx View Post
    The same counts for the PVP landscape where players locked in 226 duelist gear don't want casuals reach a similar ilvl.
    The ones that "have" don't want to lose their edge and create a level playing field.

    However this edge causes a lot of casuals leaving the game, so the game only works for those who have access to the best gear.
    that is basically keeping down opponents so they can bully them and pound them in to dust. Being more skilled should already make enough difference to win/kill their opponents, when gear also becomes a factor, it's just picking on the little guy/girl and that's just pathetic.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

    'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlessx View Post
    The same counts for the PVP landscape where players locked in 226 duelist gear don't want casuals reach a similar ilvl.
    The ones that "have" don't want to lose their edge and create a level playing field.

    However this edge causes a lot of casuals leaving the game, so the game only works for those who have access to the best gear.
    That's why pvp in a MMO is rubbish... Pure pvp is skill vs skill. Remove equip factor and see who is the better player XD
    LOL even blizzard do that in arena championship!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    I mean,
    real skilled players can complete their goals even with not so good equip (very good player in normal gear can complete hc, with hc gear can complete mythic)
    while casual need that gear to pass that goals....
    Why skilled player got so mad about??? at the end of the day their are still better and skilled!
    Or after all this wow years we still make the same error and think gear should be a reward for skill instead that a pure instrument to a goal???
    What the heck a top 100-1000 player need mythic loot for, if they close raid/m+ in hc gear???
    It's like a professional driver/pilot going mad the normal driver can do the same route but with autopilot and a better car....
    Or football/soccer player going mad to sunday friendly bob about having better shooes and equipment....
    Because most of the time harder content generally takes more effort/time/cordination. Also this is an mmo-rpg, where in most rpgs good loot is behind hard encounters (boss fights). If you could have killed a level 1 rat and get the best item in the game, why you bother spending the time and effort to kill the level 100 Elite rat lord who you have to wipe for hours and hours to achieve a kill? Do I think the gear difference should be massive? No, but there SHOULD be a gear difference. Some people sees the gear as a tool to achieve the reward, some people uses content as a tool to achieve their gear. Most people in the second category.

    Top 10 raid guilds couldnt give less of a shit what other people have to do to get their gear. They only complain when they have to do every inch of content to get optimized gear, since when they are going for ranking when a raid starts, each piece of gear is advantage. After the raid got cleared, I can guarentee you Limit Max would give less of a horse shit about how people get their gear then. Their complaints about gear is not about "HURR DURR THEY GOT MY HARD LEVEL GEAR", Its more like "Fuck me I have to grind everything since every easy shit content can give the good gear." Thats why they hated artifact power and Titanforging.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

    And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    There are tons of unique different reward that can be given to people that beat the game at max difficulty. Like unique tittle, trasmo, mount, banner, house in cities, world buff that make all npc kneel before them (even player autokneel to them) and a lot more "U are the strongest of all" reward....
    equip=more power is it necessary for that people???

  10. #10
    Because reward should be adequate to the content.

  11. #11
    I know its bait but to answer your rigged question honesty. WoW used to be based off of gear progression. If you simply handed out powerful loot to people that are not ready to climb the difficulty ladder they become a toxic element to the community rapidly. It positions them into a spot where the content they have the skills for no longer has a chance of offering them rewards while the new content that is rewarding to them is so far out of their skill level they become instant burdens to everyone around.

    They went ahead and gave everyone free gear and now the game is based entirely around raider io as a result. I don't know if this is better or not but it was the only outcome possible. There has never been a time where simply being super excited to do content got you access to it alone.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    There has never been a time where simply being super excited to do content got you access to it alone.
    Challenge mode in pandaria, gives no power reward, was balanced out at a fixed ilvl
    ALL CAN JOIN AND TRY IT, ONLY SKILLED WINS IT (or boosted XD) but the point is that.
    They don't rewarded POWER but an "adequate reawards"

  13. #13
    why do casuals think they deserve full 226 when they dont run high keys, high rated pvp, or mythic raiding?

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,955
    thats not true at all i play the game casually and i have a bad string oif luck getting loot that's why i try to run stuff solo cause no-one rolling against me i have had that kind of rotten luck in classic really don't like being outroilled by dice that never favors me.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

    Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Challenge mode in pandaria, gives no power reward, was balanced out at a fixed ilvl
    ALL CAN JOIN AND TRY IT, ONLY SKILLED WINS IT (or boosted XD) but the point is that.
    They don't rewarded POWER but an "adequate reawards"
    I still prefer challenge mode to mythic+ but alright.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    why do casuals think they deserve full 226 when they dont run high keys, high rated pvp, or mythic raiding?
    if they CHOOSE to not do it, yes u are right
    if they CAN'T do it because they lack some skill, a little help in equip can keep them play and try instead of givin up and quit

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

    And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    Prestige can come in the form of titles or achievements... it does not need to be in the form of better gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    if they CHOOSE to not do it, yes u are right
    if they CAN'T do it because they lack some skill, a little help in equip can keep them play and try instead of givin up and quit
    but thats exactly what the vault does

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Prestige can come in the form of titles or achievements... it does not need to be in the form of better gear.
    ask me how i know youve never played vanilla

  19. #19
    Given the current pvp gearing system, you need the 226 gear to even have a shot at playing at high rating.
    Ilvl difference is currently too big a factor to climb the ladder and keeps you chained at low rating.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?
    This should be the tagline of the expansion, as we sit struggling to find a reason to care about Torghast, callings, or an enormous year(s)-consuming anima grind for slight palette swaps on gear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •