Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Why does mythic raid end boss drop loot? You obviously don't need the loot drop if you killed the boss before his drops.
    because outside of world first there would be no reason to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And I can refute that and ask you why you need Mythic ilvl gear to do your WQs and LFR... Mythic has that gear for tight DPS checks for bosses.
    A Mythic player can preform better with the same gear... you don't need to keep raising the item level each tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Why does mythic raid end boss drop loot? You obviously don't need the loot drop if you killed the boss before his drops.
    'Progression' throughout the raid to later bosses? Majority of Mythic guilds aren't cutting edge world first racers... final boss loot still contributes towards the next raid patch. Regardless, be daft for the final boss to drop nothing "just because!"...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-03-30 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    And better gear means 1000x less if you can already do the content that drops the better gear... what did you need the gear for?
    the next tier

@Scarnage86
    why are you mad about harder content to dropping better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    the next tier
    There is almost always a soft gear reset/ catchup mechanic between tiers... that point is mute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    because playing wow should give rewards in wow. Not dependent on a 3rd party data storage website
    i think u misunderstood me
    i try more simple example:
    If u are a very skilled player that "finish the game at the hardest difficulty", do u not want a super reward recognition that make u "unique" in game????
    a NOT EQUIP=POWER but a different reward still worthy of ur effort????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    the next tier

@Scarnage86
    why are you mad about harder content to dropping better gear?
    because is useless having more power when u beat the game, i will prefer some kind of reward like unique title or trasmog or mount.

There is almost always a soft gear reset/ catchup mechanic between tiers... that point is mute.
    not really, bis gear from old raid will make it easier to kill new bosses in the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlessx View Post
    The same counts for the PVP landscape where players locked in 226 duelist gear don't want casuals reach a similar ilvl.
    The ones that "have" don't want to lose their edge and create a level playing field.

However this edge causes a lot of casuals leaving the game, so the game only works for those who have access to the best gear.
    The "edge" you speak of is fictitious.

If someone wants better gear to compete with the duelists, they can improve at the game and become better players. Contrary to popular belief PvP does not require thousands of hours of investment to get a high rating in a season.

”Prestige” ”Challange” ” accomplishment

All these terms needs to die.

Just put the heroic gear chest in the store so we can buy gear through IRL money without having to go through boosters

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

A Mythic player can preform better with the same gear... you don't need to keep raising the item level each tier.
    Doesn't stop Blizz tuning bosses with a DPS check. Not all Mythic players are world first caliber, so getting better gear helps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    LOL yes and the end of the anima grind at least i want a world buff like:
    "while in outzone all enemy npc became neutral, and when attacked they die oneshooted whsipering "sorry for ur time lost" and drop 3x whatever they got"
    Hmm yeah best we can do is "some bits of your gear are silver instead of gold", sorry. :'D See you in 14 years when you're done collecting the anima!

Because doing more difficult stuff should get you better rewards. This is the drive to keep progressing. I know ppl hate on treadmill designs but that's what keeps most ppl subbed an entertaining. Having a goal they can work towards. If I got 226 rewards from lfr for example, I'd run lfr for a few weeks then be decked out and probably quit. But right now, im getting 1 or 2 good pieces a week. Using that gear to do harder content to eventually get great pieces. Then working to complete my char with fully great pieces. Rock that set for a month or so. Then new season starts and we all start over. Thats how this game has always worked.

I dont want to be a boomer, but why the need for participation trophies? Doing solo player activities gets u to 200 ilvl. Thats enough to do any solo activity. Also enough to get into the slightly difficult group content so you can start working your way up like everyone else

because is useless having more power when u beat the game
    theres always the next content to beat. but i agree that its not worth much when its the last raid of an expac, it just makes leveling a little faster. and i actually wish that end expac bis gear should be equal to preraid bis gear in the new expac + BoA gear like the weapons from garrosh would be cool aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    thats not true at all i play the game casually and i have a bad string oif luck getting loot that's why i try to run stuff solo cause no-one rolling against me i have had that kind of rotten luck in classic really don't like being outroilled by dice that never favors me.
    YOU?

I was in a Naxx raiding guild in Vanilla wow, from MC on. I had a Rageclaw Chestguard of Intellect until AQ. I did weekly MCs- and MCs on 3 druids post Vanilla, once MC became soloable. Know when I finally got Stormrage Legguards on my druid?

B. FRIGGEN. A.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    People who get mad about others getting loot simply see loot as a reward. For them loot is the end goal. It's not so much about beating a hard boss but about getting the cool stuff that this boss drops. And if everyone gets the cool loot from a boss, then it's not so special anymore that they beat that boss and got that loot.
    Back before Transmogs and Group Finder tools (aka where you stood in Orgrimmar waiting for long stretches of time) there was the occasional dude who “wow’ed” my purple raiding gear.

Did people get erections over answering question about where those shoulders dropped?

I hope not

Loot is a means to an end. I dont have time to raid any more and after completing Twisting Corridors Im personally unsure what I need loot for...

It is actually really frustrating because you are doing all you can, farm example mythic+, valor points etc to upgrade a piece of gear so you can get through a boss, then loot drops 226. You are going to go from 220 to 226 and wont get that gear because some other guy dont care enough and sit on 213, so he gets it.

That guy being rewarded for being lazy as shit, thats annoying. Not only because of the gear, but because that same guy do grey/at best blue logs too.

Well...seems I want to change guild, but I like raiding with them, its just a very annoying part.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Effort should reflect reward... otherwise what incentive is there to do harder content?

And don't give me the typical bullshit response of doing it for the 'fun' of it.
    Jesus Christ, and I thought I was a cynic.

That is a legitimate answer. Through TBC>Cata when I was a hardcore progression raider, and then switching to casual raiding, I pretty much never spent DKP and let my raid group get properly geared before I did. The content was Fun. I was skilled enough to still ride high numbers with slightly less gear. So my focus was getting Loot for my friends so we could progress to harder and funner stuff.

I have quite literally never once cared about the "prestige" of pixels in this videogame, just the fun of them.

Skill/Effort put in should reward you accordingly. If you talk about pvp - I won't dabble in it because people want have an advantage over others instead of fair skill fight.
    I have only seen people complaining, that m+ vault gives 226 which is same level as mythic raid gear. Which is a stupid complaint in a sense that they get same vault and bosses like Shriek/Hunstman/Hungering exists. It's not harder than a +15 after you have done it several times. I don't think anyone would be able to time a +15 with low gear and having never run that dungeon before - same as rarely people oneshot those bosses from the first try too, but as m+15, after several kills those bosses just die in a one shot. Also m+ is easy and anyone can do it, including raiders, while raiding - requires coordinated effort, that's why they get Vault and loot drops from bosses as opposed to m+ one item a week.
    I would actually go as far as saying that doing all dungeons on +20 should give you 233 weapons as it does in pvp/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    ”Prestige” ”Challange” ” accomplishment

All these terms needs to die.

Just put the heroic gear chest in the store so we can buy gear through IRL money without having to go through boosters
    this makes so much sense id rather just buy the gear than play the game to get. but i say put mythic gear in the store woot.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Why skilled player got so mad about???
    Well, im not the skillest player on earth, but i raid mythic, i like higher and high keystone, and i like "harder" gameplay.

and im completly not mad about not so good players, or players with a low amount of time getting good/better loot. Im ok with that. I had no problems with casuals getting max tf on lfr, to be honest i loved the tf/wf times. Every piece of content felt worth doing it, without feeling forced to do it.
    Easy accessible gear means i have less "work" for gearing my alts, and my main isnt affected at all, if other people get their gear "easier"

I think most of the complaits are based on the issues that gear should be a reward, but in SL gearing doesnt feel rewarding. Its all centred around that great vault lottery. My Loot ratio i 1 piece of loot per 15 Mythic bosses down, with only trash from great vault - #feelsbad.

But before shadowlands, even if a low skilled and/or casual player got max tf or bis corruption, they wont have the same ilvl then a mythic raider, doing high keys.

So, i dont mind if ppl get better gear for less effort, im not mad about it. My main gets his stuff no matter what, and my alts would be happy if the can get better gear without pugging mythic raids