10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Meh. Something that has existed since Vanilla. Or at least BC. Hardly something that's "ruining WoW".
    It's almost like the people playing wow are the one's killing it. how you may ask? By limiting the content other players get to see because they don't think they're good enough to play it because they don't play like them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Haven't we had this discussion like 100 times before?

Seems like there are just 2 sides to gearing, which can not be consoled or joined together.
    I mean they can and have before, why can't they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's almost like the people playing wow are the one's killing it. how you may ask? By limiting the content other players get to see because they don't think they're good enough to play it because they don't play like them.
    No one can prevent anyone from seeing content in WoW. I mean if you are talking about people who claim that "LFR is ruining the game" but they are a minority.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What really needs to happen is those that don't do higher difficulty content but still pay their sub should be given the highest ilvl gear. Their subscription is what pays the bills at Blizzard, allowing for the creation of the more difficult content, therefore they should be rewarded. Should be a sliding ilvl limiter, where the higher content completed the lower the ilvl allowed.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Ir just make LFR gear cosmetic as an incentive to run it.
    That would require LFR to start dropping stuff, for starters. Idk what is like after 9.0.5, but before that, drop rates were as stingy as in the other difficulties (at least normal/HC).

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, every time I hear the "I want a smooth run" catchphrase, I read "I want to be carried".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    BRRRNFGGHHJJJHRRFJJHH! Link your character so we can see your skilled accomplishments. But im guessing you "dont feel like doing the content " so you haven't actually done anything.

Its pretty easy to talk about how the game doesn't require skill when you can hide. I think there's definitely skilled areas of the game but I await your response.

BRRRFFGHHHHGFFGHKKK
    god i wish i could have hes logs for just 5 mins to tear him apart

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Well said. Everyone likes to progress and everyone benefits from upgrading their gear. And despite what many have said here there are places in the game even non-rated folks could use better gear. No one likes to be stagnant. Don't know why folks here are having such a hard time with that concept.
    and everyone can progress nobody is holing a gun to your head and shot if you enter a raid if want progress > do progress oriented stuff you have the same tools i have
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That would require LFR to start dropping stuff, for starters. Idk what is like after 9.0.5, but before that, drop rates were as stingy as in the other difficulties (at least normal/HC).

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, every time I hear the "I want a smooth run" catchphrase, I read "I want to be carried".
    When I talk about smooth runs, I just want to play with ppl similar gear and skill wise. 221 ilvl, avoid almost all avoidable dmg, interrupt right casts, do good dmg, and understand all mechanics in a +14/15 to knock some out for the vault. Its not being carried if all 5 ppl are good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    god i wish i could have hes logs for just 5 mins to tear him apart
    His argument is just super dumb lol. "Actually, none of wow requires skill." Then goes on to describe the skills u need in wow, downplays them, and doesn't back them up with his own experience.

His argument is just super dumb lol. "Actually, none of wow requires skill." Then goes on to describe the skills u need in wow, downplays them, and doesn't back them up with his own experience.
    Thats why i want a SLG or Sire log from him just to show how mutch shit he did in just in one fight to shut him up, i did my fair share of recruitment in a WR 20-40 range i just need 5 mins to prove him wrong
    I.O BFA Season 3

5+ Year Old Account
    . Its not being carried if all 5 ppl are good..
    Of course it isn't, I can't help but to , if you will excuse me. The very fact that you felt alluded to by my post is enough of a hint, but anyway

Of course it isn't, I can't help but to , if you will excuse me. The very fact that you felt alluded to by my post is enough of a hint, but anyway
    Well I figured I'd offer you a different insight into what ppl could mean by smooth runs since "everytime" you hear it, you think of people being carried.

Projecting your own reality onto others isnt a good practice it may be hard to believe but when people say they want a smooth run and the tools available actually prove that the guy in question is indeed not a meme player, then yes smooth run = playing with equally skilled players, if you are doing 8k overall, do you think you arent in your own right to get equally skilled people and not the usual Jimmy pug lover that does 3-4k?

Nothing is stopping them from doing the content aside from their own inability to play their spec properly and/or actually talk with people, and save your arguments cause this is coming from a non english speaker that plays in Ragnaros US, if i can, anyone can.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    when people say they want a smooth run and the tools available actually prove that the guy in question is indeed not a meme player,.
    Whatever you say, my dude

Whatever you say, my dude
    Your sarcastic tone doesnt work for anything cause logs exist xd hence why i said "if the tools available prove that the guy is not bad", https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...s#difficulty=4 here, let me see how your sarcasm works with facts, oh and thats my alt so yeah when people say they want a smooth run, they want people equal to them, not under, or in wow case, waaaaaaay under.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I came here to try and be proven wrong, that maybe there is hope out there, but 55 pages later...
    Its 55 pages of you turning a blind eye to the huge number of people telling you your fears are entirely unfounded, and if you actually played the game, you would know this. 55 pages of you ignoring people isnt the same as 55 pages of people saying you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Your sarcastic tone doesnt work for anything cause logs exist xd hence why i said "if the tools available prove that the guy is not bad", https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...s#difficulty=4 here, let me see how your sarcasm works with facts, oh and thats my alt so yeah when people say they want a smooth run, they want people equal to them, not under, or in wow case, waaaaaaay under.
    Sure, I too could link any well placed toon in WCL and say "look folks, that's my toon". You are smart, but not enough - keep trying and you will improve /pat

This is a very, VERY poor argument. You made a sweeping statement and someone replied, refuting your baseless claim. I also happen to completely disagree with your statement - in my experience, those asking for a smooth run want exactly that - a "farm" clear - they dont want it to be a full blown progression run for people who have little to no experience in the content.

On the flip side, if i happen to be running a pug where some of the players have not done the content before, i will label it a progression run. Managing expectation is important, and this is an example of exactly that - a smooth run would set an expectation that if you join, you have experience with the content, your class, and your spec, and have cleared the same or similar content before. Saying it is a prog run would be advising people to expect wipes, missing the timer, some deaths and fails etc.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That might be a personal problem.

Sure, I too could link any well placed toon in WCL and say "look folks, that's my toon". You are smart, but not enough - keep trying and you will improve /pat
    Oh, now hes delusional xd why would i link some1 else toon lmao, did you ran out of arguments that hard? im sorry that you find this so hard to believe maybe because i said thats my alt, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e#difficulty=4 thats my main where i got CE first, have fun running around in your lack of arguments some of us in the meantime do the content properly.

5+ Year Old Account
    That might be a personal problem.
    Probably, but I've seen enough cases as to be sure that it isn't just a personal issue.

Oh, now hes delusional xd why would i link some1 else toon lmao, did you ran out of arguments that hard? im sorry that you find this so hard to believe maybe because i said thats my alt, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e#difficulty=4 thats my main where i got CE first, have fun running around in your lack of arguments some of us in the meantime do the content properly.
    Of course my dude, you are the greatest WoW player ever /shrug I wouldn't know anyway, for these days I'm very busy with PoE and Hades.

You need to remember that many people in this thread advocating for 226 loot from world quests, genuinely believe the only difference between a player like them, and a player like yourself, is that you "play more" than they do. According to them, the only difference is time; Skill and effort are not factors. This has been clearly stated by more than one person in this thread.

Probably, but I've seen enough cases as to be sure that it isn't just a personal issue.
    It is a you issue when you present it as some kind of fact based on your most likely very poor experience, ignoring the tools that already exist that show you a very good picture of how good/bad a player is, but you would rather say "hurr durr smooth runs he says, he just wants to be carried", try harder next time.