Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Oh for sure, its a butt load of work to vet out servers. Lots and lots of time to spend on the official forums just to start.
    One immediate perk I did find was that as a smaller server, more names were available and some that were honestly kinda surprising.

I could play as f'ing Homer Simpson if I wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=jazen;53148121]
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yet as the game has gotten more complex, catering to the 'hardcore' and esport model, long term sub numbers have dropped.
    You must be playing a different game. 99% of the game consist of things a blind monkey could do.
    The subs dropped because the overall design and reward systems are incredibly bad and not because a micro piece of hardcore content that targets 0.0001% of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's actually not true. FFXIV has multiple difficulties just like WoW and the highest ones are no joke. The lowest difficulty in FFXIV is also a lot higher than in WoW, that's your LFG and LFR equivalents.
    I agree with the last part not the first. While not a "joke" they pale on comparison to most mythic fights. Unless they have really buffed them I admit I am an expansion behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I agree with the last part not the first. While not a "joke" they pale on comparison to most mythic fights. Unless they have really buffed them I admit I am an expansion behind.
    "Ultimate" difficulty raids look far more intense than Mythic raids. I've watched videos and spoken to a few people who have done both. Everyone I've spoken to has said that Mythic is much easier than Ultimate raids in FF14. But that's just the people I've spoken to in game when I was learning how to play and just chatting with random players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "Ultimate" difficulty raids look far more intense than Mythic raids. I've watched videos and spoken to a few people who have done both. Everyone I've spoken to has said that Mythic is much easier than Ultimate raids in FF14. But that's just the people I've spoken to in game when I was learning how to play and just chatting with random players.
    I can't really see how... I could see it being a sense of scale but difficulty wise? I can't say FF14 comes close unless you cap wow to heroic. It is also a weird comparison because of its small size. It is more akin to comparing it to a mythic 15 and a mythic 15 is harder...

I can't really see how... I could see it being a sense of scale but difficulty wise? I can't say FF14 comes close unless you cap wow to heroic. It is also a weird comparison because of its small size. It is more akin to comparing it to a mythic 15 and a mythic 15 is harder...
    Uh...what? Raids have either 8 man or 24 man variants in FF14. And even the difficulty before Ultimate, which is Savage, is harder than anything I've EVER done in WoW and I used to be a Mythic raider.

Uh...what? Raids have either 8 man or 24 man variants in FF14. And even the difficulty before Ultimate, which is Savage, is harder than anything I've EVER done in WoW and I used to be a Mythic raider.
    What kind of mythic raider?

The kind that kills the first six bosses people get down on week one of progression? A CE mythic raider or a kills maybe 3 bosses a tier mythic raider?

I can tell you right now that even mythic skriek wing wipes the floor with FF bosses. They are more cinematic sure but if you look at hp bars while your playing they don't really move. Its a bunch of flashy attacks with little to no substance.

What kind of mythic raider?

The kind that kills the first six bosses people get down on week one of progression? A CE mythic raider or a kills maybe 3 bosses a tier mythic raider?

I can tell you right now that even mythic skriek wing wipes the floor with FF bosses. They are more cinematic sure but if you look at hp bars while your playing they don't really move. Its a bunch of flashy attacks with little to no substance.
    Ah ok so you've never actually done any higher difficulty FF14 raids. Gotcha. Nothing about what you said about the bosses in FF14 is accurate AT ALL lol.

Because this is a gear-based game, where skill rewards better gear. Giving someone who is bad gear, or giving gear without it being earned in anyway goes against that entirely.

In any case most of the complaining comes from PvPers who don't want to deal with inferior players having more gear and thus taking longer to kill. To put it simply, in MoP a shitter player wouldn't have the same gear level as me and I'd smash them silly in 5 seconds. That same player today will still lose to me in a duel but it will take longer.

The worst example of this was with templates in Legion.

Ah ok so you've never actually done any higher difficulty FF14 raids. Gotcha. Nothing about what you said about the bosses in FF14 is accurate AT ALL lol.
    Try doing a few. They are not that hard. I admit I haven't played since shadow bringers. It was a fun vacation MMO but I left after clearing it eden's promise.

Honestly I could care less if "bad" players got decent loot. Granted I think it makes sense some things be gated behind progression either though PVP or PVE ends but it should be reasonable to have a player in the current tier get to 220 or so as long as they are dedicated to the game and play fairly often.

Skill should reward tippy top materials and a faster path to gearing.

Time sink should reward good gear but on a slower path to gearing.

For example if they just axed keystone master being needed to upgrade to 220. EVERYONE in the game would have a path to 220 item level. But someone that only runs 2s or 3s is going to have a REALLY long slog getting there. They will be upgrading pieces from 187 to 192 range? That is a lot of valor needed. But the PATH IS THERE. If they decide to get better or eventually get better doing lower keys maybe they step it up and start upgrading from 200 or 207 or hell maybe even 210s meaning the upgrade process gets faster for them as they skill up. So it does it all really. Gives lowbies a path to really good gear (I mean 220 is pretty fucking solid) but it just takes time. It rewards getting better at the game and doing higher keys to reduce that time and makes those daily quests in the covy look a little better with that valor reward. By the end someone has certainly earned gear, skill, and maybe got involved with some people socially to do better (if they try). Hell it is almost an MMO system.

I know the debate with this may move to it being to long or to short. That is an easy fix to even out if a workable system can be discovered.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-04-24 at 12:04 AM.

Try doing a few. They are not that hard. I admit I haven't played since shadow bringers. It was a fun vacation MMO but I left after clearing it eden's promise.
    Yeah I don't believe you at all. You likely did the raids on the lowest difficulty available if you think they're that easy.

Yeah I don't believe you at all. You likely did the raids on the lowest difficulty available if you think they're that easy.
    They are really not that hard... any attack that will damage you (few if any kill you at proper gear level outright) give massive warnings.

WoW usually deals fatal damage where ff wounds.

They are really not that hard... any attack that will damage you (few if any kill you at proper gear level outright) give massive warnings.

WoW usually deals fatal damage where ff wounds.
    Yeah you are outright lying. That isn't true AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Skill should reward tippy top materials and a faster path to gearing.

Time sink should reward good gear but on a slower path to gearing.

For example if they just axed keystone master being needed to upgrade to 220. EVERYONE in the game would have a path to 220 item level. But someone that only runs 2s or 3s is going to have a REALLY long slog getting there. They will be upgrading pieces from 187 to 192 range? That is a lot of valor needed. But the PATH IS THERE. If they decide to get better or eventually get better doing lower keys maybe they step it up and start upgrading from 200 or 207 or hell maybe even 210s meaning the upgrade process gets faster for them as they skill up. So it does it all really. Gives lowbies a path to really good gear (I mean 220 is pretty fucking solid) but it just takes time. It rewards getting better at the game and doing higher keys to reduce that time and makes those daily quests in the covy look a little better with that valor reward. By the end someone has certainly earned gear, skill, and maybe got involved with some people socially to do better (if they try). Hell it is almost an MMO system.
    Well said. This would be enough for me, personally. Totally agreed.

I would even add a challenging solo path to help with that process if folks were inclined. Finally beating my first mage tower and 5 mask horrific vision in the previous expacs was a big accomplishment. Something like that could award valor and Torghast can be repurposed into a good vehicle for that. But I'd be happy with just what you suggested.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-24 at 12:14 AM.

Yeah you are outright lying. That isn't true AT ALL.
    Have you ever done any of the ultimate raids? If so can you name a mechanic that doesn't work this way? From what ive done the majority of mechanics are extremely flashy but rather simplistic when compared to wow. Its move to safe zones from massive aoe taking up half the screen or spreading out.

Something like shriek wings sonar is not only harder to avoid but far more deadly.

Have you ever done any of the ultimate raids? If so can you name a mechanic that doesn't work this way? From what ive done the majority of mechanics are extremely flashy but rather simplistic when compared to wow. Its move to safe zones from massive aoe taking up half the screen or spreading out.

Something like shriek wings sonar is not only harder to avoid but far more deadly.
    I have done Savage, which is right before Ultimate. It's more difficult than Mythic. I'm honestly scared to even tried Ultimate because of that. Yes, things are choreographed BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BE. Else NOBODY will complete the raids. WoW is just as flashy. Saying it's not is just more dishonesty from you. I'm not going to argue further about this. Stop spreading misinformation because it is blatantly clear you have never done anything past Normal mode in FF14.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Well said. This would be enough for me, personally. Totally agreed.

I would even add a challenging solo path to help with that process if folks were inclined. Finally beating my first mage tower and 5 mask horrific vision in the previous expacs was a big accomplishment. Something like that could award valor and Torghast can be repurposed into a good vehicle for that. But I'd be happy with just what you suggested.
    The vault already does this, albeit in a different way, you get 3 choices per week, a mythic 10 out of time will give you 220 gear in the vault. Or do you want it to be even lower?

I have done Savage, which is right before Ultimate. It's more difficult than Mythic. I'm honestly scared to even tried Ultimate because of that. Yes, things are choreographed BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BE. Else NOBODY will complete the raids. WoW is just as flashy. Saying it's not is just more dishonesty from you. I'm not going to argue further about this. Stop spreading misinformation because it is blatantly clear you have never done anything past Normal mode in FF14.
    What your saying isn't true though... your high on copeium

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The vault already does this, albeit in a different way, you get 3 choices per week, a mythic 10 out of time will give you 220 gear in the vault. Or do you want it to be even lower?
    The vault only awards you if you're a raider, M+ runner or rated PvPer. Neither of which are really options if you have no friends or a guild, like me.