Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's actually not true. FFXIV has multiple difficulties just like WoW and the highest ones are no joke. The lowest difficulty in FFXIV is also a lot higher than in WoW, that's your LFG and LFR equivalents.
    ff raids are litrally brain death im a wr 30-40 raider who did savage i even tryed "alexander ultimate" that robot thing on my friends home i died of laughter shit is thelegraped so you see it 20 secs before it even hits you, you dont even need keybinds you can click to move out of it xD that game is desingned for "special" players and weeabos that only care about dancing with cat girls and now nice everyone is cuz dps meters are a banable offence same as saying you need to improve cuz you do 20% of your normal dps that so toxic man cant say that bro.

we top raider have FF14 as meme at this point, whenever we are in discord, missed an kick in a key? and some one says "rip key" we aswer with "bro why are you so toxic, i go back to FF14" and then we all laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Uh...what? Raids have either 8 man or 24 man variants in FF14. And even the difficulty before Ultimate, which is Savage, is harder than anything I've EVER done in WoW and I used to be a Mythic raider.
    now im im convinced he lives in a parallel world compair M Azhsara pre nerf progress with all the doghsit that FF14 has combined and you wont geht the same diff. i wont even talk about KJ. or the uncomming Sylvanas 30 mechanics fight on M xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Go to a city, spend 15 minutes in trade chat, and you'll have 10 guilds to choose from. Join a guild, boom problem solved.

NO ONE is locked out of ANYTHING. How to you think other people do it? They just sit there and wait until they randomly get invited? You just have to invest some minimum amount of effort, and you're no longer "locked out" of playing.
    this dont exist in hes world, he lives in a world where FF14 savage raids are harder than world top 50 progress in WoW and where giulds are only for elitetist gatekeepers
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    ff raids are litrally brain death im a wr 30-40 raider who did savage i even tryed "alexander ultimate" that robot thing on my friends home i died of laughter shit is thelegraped so you see it 20 secs before it even hits you, you dont even need keybinds you can click to move out of it xD that game is desingned for "special" players and weeabos that only care about dancing with cat girls and now nice everyone is cuz dps meters are a banable offence same as saying you need to improve cuz you do 20% of your normal dps that so toxic man cant say that bro.

we top raider have FF14 as meme at this point, whenever we are in discord, missed an kick in a key? and some one says "rip key" we aswer with "bro why are you so toxic, i go back to FF14" and then we all laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

now im im convinced he lives in a parallel world compair M Azhsara pre nerf progress with all the doghsit that FF14 has combined and you wont geht the same diff. i wont even talk about KJ. or the uncomming Sylvanas 30 mechanics fight on M xD

- - - Updated - - -

this dont exist in hes world, he lives in a world where FF14 savage raids are harder than world top 50 progress in WoW and where giulds are only for elitetist gatekeepers
    Man, you're really going to lie like this huh? You have never done any of the FF14 raids on anything past normal if you think they're "brain dead". The fact that you think WoW is world more difficult shows that you both haven't played FF14 and that you really don't know what difficult games are.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I already made a question: the 460 free gear vs 475 max gear thing was quite late in the expansion. What was the difference in power between noratedpvp/nomythicraid/nohighlevelM+ and top gear in BfA S1?
    So I will finally be allowed to come back and enjoy myself only at the very end of an expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    So I will finally be allowed to come back and enjoy myself only at the very end of an expansion?
    I would rather you didn't for the reasons stated before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Not said it’s fine but I was just curious on how you did manage to enjoy early-mid BfA IF the difference was roughly the same of today.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Not said it’s fine but I was just curious on how you did manage to enjoy early-mid BfA IF the difference was roughly the same of today.
    It wasn't. A lot of people make this misconception that in previous (or even earlier) expansions you had minus 10 (or any other number actually) item levels compare to the other guy, then the difference in power is roughly the same. It's not. Thanks to both item level squish and level squish.

Quick example is, MoP (assuming similar, medium skill): did you have a chance against 545 while having 535 gear? Yes.
    Do you have a chance against 210 wearing 200 ? Unlikely.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It wasn't. A lot of people make this misconception that in previous (or even earlier) expansions you had minus 10 (or any other number actually) item levels compare to the other guy, then the difference in power is roughly the same. It's not. Thanks to both item level squish and level squish.

Quick example is, MoP (assuming similar, medium skill): did you have a chance against 545 while having 535 gear? Yes.
    Do you have a chance against 210 wearing 200 ? Unlikely.
    That's very true. They squished the item levels but didn't bother to squish the iLvl increases.

iLvl 1000 vs 1010 for example is quite managable.
    Let's divide that 1000 by 5 so we get to 200. Then add 10 and multiply it by 5 again and we arrive at iLvl 1050. That's quite a difference.

After the squish the iLvl brackets should've increased by 2, not 10. The power creep is worse than ever now because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very true. They squished the item levels but didn't bother to squish the iLvl increases.

iLvl 1000 vs 1010 for example is quite managable.
    Let's divide that 1000 by 5 so we get to 200. Then add 10 and multiply it by 5 again and we arrive at iLvl 1050. That's quite a difference.

After the squish the iLvl brackets should've increased by 2, not 10. The power creep is worse than ever now because of it.
    I think somewhere they said that if the ilvl increase wasn't significant enough then it didn't feel worthwhile pursuing. Which is ironic because their quite capable of recognizing players motivations but evidently have zero desire to pony up to people outside of raiding and mythic+
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I think somewhere they said that if the ilvl increase wasn't significant enough then it didn't feel worthwhile pursuing. Which is ironic because their quite capable of recognizing players motivations but evidently have zero desire to pony up to people outside of raiding and mythic+
    I wish they could've at least gone down to increments of 5 after the squish. The amount of power 10 iLvls results in is ridiculous, it only increases the divide between the lowest geared players and the highest geared.
    For example if heroic raids was iLvl 213 then normal could be 208 and mythic 218.

if you think 10 ilvl is holding you back then you should probably improve your gameplay first

Hardest Content should reward the best loot, its simple as that.
    There would be no incentive to ever mythic raid when you can get a better geared character in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Do you really think that MMO-champion and this thread is representative of the player-base? Numbers don't lie. M+ is a roaring success.
    The only ones "left in the dust" by this system are the entitled players.

Entitled does not mean bad. Entitled means a player who feels he has the right to play with/being carried by more experienced/more skilled players. Not all entitled players are bad at the game. Many are because they don't make an effort.

The vast majority of WoW's player-base is self-aware and plays with people of similar skill/experience/mentality and has a good time. And when such players reac their plateau for skill/effort they accept it and doesn't demand to be carried further onward.
    Yeah and we all know that particpation doesnt meany anything. If you have tons of players doing mythic+, but only reason why they do it is becouse its easyer to do 5 man dungeon than organized raids to get gear than obviously you have no idea you talking about. Path of least resitance is always taken over fun path. Always.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they could've at least gone down to increments of 5 after the squish. The amount of power 10 iLvls results in is ridiculous, it only increases the divide between the lowest geared players and the highest geared.
    For example if heroic raids was iLvl 213 then normal could be 208 and mythic 218.
    Thats way too low to justify doing any of higher difficulty levels. If you consider amounth of effort you have top put in order to get such small upgrades its clearly not worth of effort. There is only 1 way out of this and thats removing difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    There is only 1 way out of this and thats removing difficulty levels.
    What will that solve? What would be the new difficulty? You want classic setting back where you snore the boss down?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarPunch View Post
    What will that solve? What would be the new difficulty? You want classic setting back where you snore the boss down?
    No only difficulty will be mythic difficulty and players will have to simply accept fact that you wont get to see 100% wow content just like you couldnt back in vannila, tbc and WOTLK.

That is basically it yes. They want LFR to be the only difficulty and it dropping the best loot in game. Screw people that want a challenge and like to improve their skill as well as their gear.
    They feel locked out from harder content because they refuse to do the work for it and improve their gear and skill like everyone of the so-called elitist they complain about. It's been going in circles for many sites now.

"If you want gear, do the work."
    -"I want gear, but I cba with the work."
    "Then you can't have gear."
    -"Why can't i be rewarded for login in?"
    "Because that would be unfair to everyone that works for their gear."
    -"Yes, but I want it."
    "If you want gear, do the work."
    -"I want gear...

It's an unbelievable stance and simply not the way this game or the world works or ever worked.

If FF gives you free loot for your sub, I encourage you to go there and enjoy, just stop trying to force your nonesense on my game. I happen to enjoy working to get gear and improving my skills in WoW, if you don't, then leave and stop making up stories about being excluded from content because you choose not to do the things that would include you.

No only difficulty will be mythic difficulty and players will have to simply accept fact that you wont get to see 100% wow content just like you couldnt back in vannila, tbc and WOTLK.
    Why would you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    If FF gives you free loot for your sub, I encourage you to go there and enjoy, just stop trying to force your nonesense on my game.
    Your game? lol.

Why would you do that.
    Becouse its better to have fun enagaging game where most dont get to see 100% of content then having 100% participation in 100% of wow content and having players bored.

Furthest from the truth possible. vanilla/tbc/wotlk had pretty good difficulty bar, completely opposite of what we have now. And wotlk model is something i would love to see now.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Furthest from the truth possible. vanilla/tbc/wotlk had pretty good difficulty bar, completely opposite of what we have now. And wotlk model is something i would love to see now.
    God please no
    Unless you mean hard modes

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is not a thread about Final Fantasy 14 and the "Game vs. Game" argument is derailing the thread. Please return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead