Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Upcoming PTR for Chains of Domination

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With 9.0.5 behind us, we wanted to take a moment to update you on the 9.1 content for Shadowlands.

In about 2 weeks, we will have Chains of Domination available for the community on the PTR. Also, raid testing details will be posted a week or so after the PTR is online.

There will be a wide variety of content to check out for Chains of Domination, so as usual, your testing will play a key role in iterating on this update. We can’t wait to get this in front of you and look forward to your feedback soon.

Release might be sooner after all.

Finally some good news!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With 9.0.5 behind us, we wanted to take a moment to update you on the 9.1 content for Shadowlands.

In about 2 weeks, we will have Chains of Domination available for the community on the PTR. Also, raid testing details will be posted a week or so after the PTR is online.

There will be a wide variety of content to check out for Chains of Domination, so as usual, your testing will play a key role in iterating on this update. We can’t wait to get this in front of you and look forward to your feedback soon.
    I see light within the darkness!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    so...

May-ish

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so...

May-ish
    Mid April PTR launch means a mid-June patch release.
    BfA Beta Time

Everyone, freaking out with literally no reason for it: 9.1 won't be out until October, AT LEAST! I know this because, .. reasons?! YEAH, REASONS! RABBLE RABBLE!
    Blizz, a day later:

5+ Year Old Account
    About goddamn time. Finally some communication. Was this really so hard?

Mid June gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so...

May-ish
    Sounds like a late june/early july to me tbh.

Ah, fucking thank you...

- - - Updated - - -

So, June/July release then? Ah, I do love proving to these guys that Towelliee ain't the word of god.

5+ Year Old Account
    B-b-but Bellular said!!!!!

Last edited by Fiacla; 2021-03-30 at 05:49 PM.

HAHAH
    And THIS is why you NEVER EVER listen to streamers and youtubers who live from bad news...

Whenever Taliesen talks about patches blizzard shortly after release patch news, always funny.

Oh some one mentioned bellular, don't, dude is scum.

nice mid june patch, watch hc being scaled around every1 having 220 min because of valor......

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Sooner than what; a year after the expansion launch?

All this is telling us is that that it'll be mid-April before it's even on the PTR. Seeing as PTR cycles are roughly 2 months, that puts this at a roughly June launch. Even assuming a June 1st launch, that means we'll have been on this patch for 216 days (over 7 months) since the expansion launch or 175 (Almost 6 months) since the raid first dropped.

If there are only going to be 2 patches a year, there needs to be enough content to last that entire time that actually keeps people entertained enough; not slog grinds, not "Just do the same content but slightly harder", actual deep, evolving content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    For Blizzard? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    thing is this community is toxic af. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. i dont blame them

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    HAHAH
    And THIS is why you NEVER EVER listen to streamers and youtubers who live from bad news...
    Even so, the actual release date is not confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    thing is this community is toxic af. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. i dont blame them
    Well the community is what they breed. Overall I think the FFXIV community was pretty understanding when Yoshie-P told us that patch 5.3 will be delayed (2-2.5 months).

Anyroad ETA is second half of June. If they get back on schedule that would land us a december release for 9.2. From there the two year mark of the expansion would land us in November, 11 months from 9.2. Sounds about okayish. Plus, end of expansion raids are usually monstrously epic. A pretty good thing considering both FFXIV and GW2 will have a fall release. Likely no 9.3 but oh well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It will be late June, they always aim at June when they release patch around this time. I think they would rather rush it 1-2 weeks and repair something in hotfix than do July release.