Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unless he goes to jail he will probably keep his seat, the republican party tried to put a racist pedophile to the senate. The worst thing that will happen to him is that he will lose his committee positions. The right wing in this country has a really low bar as to what is acceptable.
    The silver lining is that he won't get a pardon like Duncan Hunter did.

7+ Year Old Account
    It being Kinzinger means it doesn't really count. He's the only person that's been critical over the Trump years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It being Kinzinger means it doesn't really count. He's the only person that's been critical over the Trump years.
    Of course, but it's got to start some where.

I wonder if Jeffrey Epstein's island is looking for a caretaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Of course, but it's got to start some where.
    Just a gentle reminder that Kinzinger is still awful and voted with Trump over 90% of the time.

We can celebrate the broken clock and all but let's not start easing up on holding right wingers accountable for being deplorable just because they say the right thing now and then.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, when the hypocrisy is too much for even the Republican Party to bear, you know it's no longer an unproven conspiracy theory and an actual crime has happened.

Don't worry, this just leaves you with more time for pizza, Gaetz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Just a gentle reminder that Kinzinger is still awful and voted with Trump over 90% of the time.

We can celebrate the broken clock and all but let's not start easing up on holding right wingers accountable for being deplorable just because they say the right thing now and then.
    Yeah, that's why I said this doesn't really count. I'm not celebrating this in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's why I said this doesn't really count. I'm not celebrating this in the slightest.
    Yeah. I think there has been a tendency for the left to think that anti-Trump right wingers are our friends. And they really REALLY aren't...they still support all the vile policies and bigotry -- they just want to be nicer about it.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/09/mee...-his-own-shoe/

Well, Gaetz PR firm is run by a guy who promised to eat his own shoe if Trump lost.

Much like Hannity and his promise to be waterboarded for charity, we're still waiting for the spectacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2021/04/09/mee...-his-own-shoe/

Well, Gaetz PR firm is run by a guy who promised to eat his own shoe if Trump lost.

Much like Hannity and his promise to be waterboarded for charity, we're still waiting for the spectacle.
    They figured out the key to winning bets... just don’t admit you ever lost... What interception? Lynch ran it right down the middle...

Still fresh wound...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The House Ethics Committee announced it is opening an investigation into embattled GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) on Friday following allegations of illegal drug use and sharing nude photos of young women with his colleagues on the House floor.

Hmm.

The Committee is aware of public allegations that Representative Matt Gaetz may have engaged in sexual misconduct and/or illicit drug use, shared inappropriate images or videos on the House floor, misused state identification records, converted campaign funds to personal use, and/or accepted a bribe, improper gratuity, or impermissible gift, in violation of House Rules, laws, or other standards of conduct.
    Incidentally, Gaetz actually invited this on himself. His office has said, multiple times, that none of the accusations have a name behind them. So the House is just saying "Fine, we'll find out who it is."

Gaetz is surrounded. This isn't even about the child prostitute he raped, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They figured out the key to winning bets... just don’t admit you ever lost... What interception? Lynch ran it right down the middle...

Still fresh wound...
    Plus Richard Sherman's joyous reaction.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why is this man supposedly out on the streets and in restaurants with "thousands of people" during an epidemic?

Oh, wait, he's a Florida guy, isn't he? Never mind, that tracks.

Not sure I'd list those 3 specific people as good endorsements, though.
    Does he think anyone would believe random people go "Hey man, don't give up, fight for your right to hire prostitutes that aren't legal!"

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I feel like I've seen stuff like this before with others in Congress. Any chance he's actually put in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Does he think anyone would believe random people go "Hey man, don't give up, fight for your right to hire prostitutes that aren't legal!"
    After the Roy Moore situation...I actually don't have much trouble believing people are still supporting Gaetz.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I feel like I've seen stuff like this before with others in Congress. Any chance he's actually put in jail?
    I'm heartened by the notion that the stuff he did is fairly wholesale illegal, and not simply "morally reprehensible and unbefitting of office." So we don't have to rely on these feckless fuck's nonexistent moral compass to dictate whether this guy sees justice done or not.

Nor do the people executing these legal inquisitions have any reason to let him off the hook, like Trump may have done.

The GOP tend to lose these legal proceedings pretty heavily when they're not allowed to turn whatever body is judging them into a partisan kangaroo court.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN reports that Gaetz tried to have a meeting with Trump and was refused.

Two people familiar with the matter said Gaetz tried to schedule a visit with Trump after it was first revealed that he was being investigated, but the request was rejected by aides close to the former President, who have urged Trump not to stick his neck out to defend Gaetz. Harlan Hill, a spokesman for Gaetz, said the congressman did not request a meeting with Trump this week.

"Rep. Gaetz was welcomed to Trump Doral this week and has not sought to meet with President Trump himself," Hill said in a statement to CNN, claiming that Gaetz has "been mostly relaxing with his fiancée this week during recess."

The interference by Trump's aides signals that Gaetz finds himself increasingly isolated as he weathers a potentially career-ending scandal just months after he offered to leave his plum job in Congress to join the 45th President's impeachment defense team. Trump has issued only one statement about Gaetz since the public first learned of the congressman's role in a sex trafficking inquiry at the beginning of April. In it, Trump denied ever receiving a blanket pardon request from the 38-year-old congressman and noted Gaetz's denial of the allegations against him.
    Gaetz is in such trouble, he can't even be grabbed by the pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    CNN reports that Gaetz tried to have a meeting with Trump and was refused.

Gaetz is in such trouble, he can't even be grabbed by the pussy.
    You know, this kinda reminds me of that time last year when that guy was livestreaming himself begging Trump for help. I honestly can't tell which is sadder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    You know, this kinda reminds me of that time last year when that guy was livestreaming himself begging Trump for help. I honestly can't tell which is sadder.
    This one.

Gaetz is claiming he booked a trip to Trump Doral, with no intention of meeting Trump. This lie is even more transparent than "I've seen nothing about Biden in the last two months..." which is the battlecry of the rabid fanbase around these parts.

If Gaetz had done nothing and this story had never broken, and he was found to book a stay at Trump Doral, everyone would have said "He wants to meet Trump". Now that he's in the metaphorical fight for his life, for him to book a stay at Trump's hotel and not want to seek Trump's help? That's a farce on par with Austin Powers' "Honestly, it's not mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If Gaetz had done nothing and this story had never broken, and he was found to book a stay at Trump Doral, everyone would have said "He wants to meet Trump". Now that he's in the metaphorical fight for his life, for him to book a stay at Trump's hotel and not want to seek Trump's help? That's a farce on par with Austin Powers' "Honestly, it's not mine!"
    I can see it. He probably realizes that Trump is the one who fucked him over but he still needs Trump's fan base to get out of this mess. This might give him the appearance of Trump's friendship but actually talking with Trump is pointless. Even if Trump didn't fuck him over, he's still a worthless idiot.