Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Which I notice you felt compelled to elide what you quoted yourself.
    Gaetz said the 2nd Amendment was for rebelling against the government.

Gaetz also said the 2nd Amendment people should go after Silicon Valley which I pointed out was not the government.

You then went on an unrelated rant about whether non-government entities could have a militia. Irrelevant. Gaetz put back-to-back two things: (a) the 2nd Amendment was for fighting government tyranny (b) the 2nd Amendment people should go after Silicon Valley. He was saying that Silicon Valley was the government.

That was incorrect.

You tried to defend that with unrelated bits about the origin of the militias that he wanted to go after Silicon Valley.

I don't know why you're doing that. Gaetz said nothing about the origins of the militias he wanted to go after Silicon Valley. He said something about the point of the 2nd Amendment, then instantly followed that with evidence that he didn't know the point of the 2nd Amendment. I don't know why you're spending your time ignoring that to talk about the difference between a mall security guard and a National Guard member, but I've not pointed it out three times and am done dealing with irrelevant info Gaetz never mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He was saying that Silicon Valley was the government.
    That's not what I'm getting from dickbag. Shooting people in silicon valley is separate from rebellion. He's not saying silicon valley is part of the government (there are two articles, one mentions shooting people in silicon valley, the other talks about armed rebellion). He's deranged for suggesting either murder or rebellion, but he's not suggesting what you're saying (silicon valley=gov't). That's in neither of the linked articles.

The only thing I was defending him on is that he's entirely correct about the 2nd amendment. It originally was, in no way, about recreation and hunting. Just because pro-gun rights people have expanded its original intent doesn't change its original intent. It was supposed to be a safeguard against tyranny, both external and internal. Even though the founders clearly did not understand that the system they were setting up was not a workable solution, doesn't change what their intention was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

That's not what I'm getting from dickbag.
    *ahem*

Well, you know what? Silicon Valley can’t cancel this movement, or this rally, or this congressman. We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it
    That's a literal sentence->sentence quote. It was used to start this part of this thread. You read it.

This was, I'l remind you again again again, within a few seconds of his "fake news media history lesson".

Therefore, he's saying that Silicon Valley is the government. Or, he's spewing random nonsense.

Neither option is "but militias could be funded privately" which you responded with, completely irrelevantly.

Oh, and you're agreeing with neither by saying "it really was about government tyranny". Because (a) Gaetz said Silicon Valley was the government, meaning you're not defending him, or (b) he was spewing random nonsense, in which case nothing can defend him.

Oh, look, another member of the profession of lies (politics) gets caught.

Just remember, liars like this aren't just Republicans, no matter if it makes you feel better to think <your favored side> are the paragons of virtue.

They're almost all crooks and liars and thieves these days. Anyone who actually trusts either side are the real stupid people now. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post

Just remember, liars like this aren't just Republicans, no matter if it makes you feel better to think <your favored side> are the paragons of virtue.

They're almost all crooks and liars and thieves these days. Anyone who actually trusts either side are the real stupid people now. YMMV.
    Cool, you do realise that this argument's a crock of shit because Democrats regularly kick people out of their party for far less serious offenses (see: Al Franken) when Republicans continue to support people like Matt Gaetz and Donald Trump?
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

Oh, look, another
    Oh, look, another "both sides do it" with no evidence, to defend their side without having to condemn it. Please post constructively.

This can be boiled down to "herp derp both sides" and it's a lazy ass argument at best and stupid's second cousin at worst that removes all context, scale, and work on the thinkers part to not have to compared anything.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This can be boiled down to "herp derp both sides" and it's a lazy ass argument at best and stupid's second cousin at worst that removes all context, scale, and work on the thinkers part to not have to compared anything.
    Just remember the only people who have a vested interest in convincing people that everyone is corrupt are the corrupt. It allows them to wallow in their own vile nature while saying "You can't do anything about it, even if you get rid of me you'll get someone just the same, so why bother?" The only way they can keep power is by convincing everyone else that we're powerless, so rather than it being a 'lazy argument' it actively is an outright evil one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Just remember the only people who have a vested interest in convincing people that everyone is corrupt are the corrupt
    I believe the term is "passing gaslighting". But I believe what we have here is less active, more reactive. Their side was proven corrupt losers who lost, and now they're trying to convince themselves, not us, that they somehow didn't back a corrupt loser because everyone is a corrupt loser.

We can circle 'round to this discussion again in 2024 when Team Biden has zero members in jail.

*ahem*

That's a literal sentence->sentence quote. It was used to start this part of this thread. You read it.

This was, I'l remind you again again again, within a few seconds of his "fake news media history lesson".

Therefore, he's saying that Silicon Valley is the government. Or, he's spewing random nonsense.

Neither option is "but militias could be funded privately" which you responded with, completely irrelevantly.

Oh, and you're agreeing with neither by saying "it really was about government tyranny". Because (a) Gaetz said Silicon Valley was the government, meaning you're not defending him, or (b) he was spewing random nonsense, in which case nothing can defend him.
    Yeah. Like I said, he's deranged. He's urging murder and later, possibly rebellion. Saying that they should use the 2nd amendment doesn't necessarily mean to rebel against the gov't, just use the armaments guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. He's talking about shooting people in silicon valley, and, later, if needed, rebel against the gov't (ostensibly because they enabled those private entities and put a fix in on the election, while in reality because he doesn't want to go to jail). Two separate acts. Again, he's right about the 2nd amendment. You sneered at him for saying that. I generally take issue with things like that. I dislike the guy and don't want the hate train on him to be derailed because people maligned him under false pretenses. Use the real shit he's done. Like encouraging murder and rebellion because he wants to stay out of jail. Edit: Not because you have a 21st century view of something written in the 18th century.

The reason I talked about militias not necessarily being gov't entities was because I misread what you wrote, because I didn't think you'd misunderstood what dickbag was saying. I thought

The point of the Second Amendment, by his own admission, was not about private, non-goverment entities.

So he's either advocating violence, a complete idiot, or both.
    was talking about militias because I was reading quickly. I absolutely agree with the bolded.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-05-30 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The reason I talked about militias not necessarily being gov't entities was because I misread what you wrote
    I was hoping it was something like that. Glad we worked it out.

Oh no buddy. We aren't doing "both sides" on this.

Sure, politicians lie, but only one side made racism, fascism, terrorism rallied around career criminals, rapey creeps and conspiracy theorists their calling card. Namely Republicans.

We first have to deal with that little national emergency before we can go back to the whole "both sides" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Oh no buddy. We aren't doing "both sides" on this.

Sure, politicians lie, but only one side made racism, fascism, terrorism rallied around career criminals, rapey creeps and conspiracy theorists their calling card. Namely Republicans.

We first have to deal with that little national emergency before we can go back to the whole "both sides" thing.
    But Obama may have oversimplified a bit when he said people could "keep their healthcare plans", because he didn't specifically and explicitly state that insurance companies would be free to fuck over customers; he was correct that the government wouldn't make you change your plan, but he should've maybe said the insurance companies could.

That was a terrible, awful, very bad "lie". They thought he should be impeached for that shit.

But Republicans saying "it was just tourists" when we have them on video camera literally barricading the doors with security the day of. And that's fine.

This randomly popped up in my feed this morning. I wonder if it’s in any way related to his ongoing troubles…

U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida has sailed into a new controversy, claiming money wired to close the sale on a St. Petersburg yacht his fiancée had agreed to buy “went missing.”

According to a spokesperson for the Republican, he and his fiancé Ginger Luckey were “targeted by malicious actors” during the purchase process of a St. Petersburg yacht. Follow-up questions about the transaction and clarification of the statement have not been answered.
    https://wreg.com/news/rep-matt-gaetz...-went-missing/

Pretty nice boat fivehead won't be enjoying this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if it’s in any way related to his ongoing troubles
    I share your skepticism, Scoobs, but after looking into it, Gaetz garbled the message.

He wasn't hacked, he was swindled.

I suppose it's possible he used a "fake news" swindling to hide money, but considering the boat was being renamed Thirsty, I think it's more likely he got conned.

Oh no, a Trump supporter being conned. However can I feign outrage? Oh I can't even do that.

I share your skepticism, Scoobs, but after looking into it, Gaetz garbled the message.

I suppose it's possible he used a "fake news" swindling to hide money, but considering the boat was being renamed Thirsty, I think it's more likely he got conned.

Oh no, a Trump supporter being conned. However can I feign outrage? Oh I can't even do that.
    I was thinking more of him trying to sail away from them… his family has the legal fees covered.

That boat looks like it can navigate international waters. Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That boat looks like it can navigate international waters. Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?
    Are there still pirates operating in the region? Could be a big concern for the son of a super rich guy to be hanging out in international waters in a tiny little boat.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?
    In theory, his fiance is supposed to be the owner. You're not saying a Republican would improperly use someone else's money to pay for sex and cheat on their spouse, are you?

Incidentally, from a few sources too ugly to quote, apparently Stormy Daniels has been making the rounds. Supposedly she now says she didn't "technically" have sex with Trump. Obviously that's irrelevant to the FEC, he could have paid her $130,000 for an NDA about his choice of interior paint color and it's still illegal. But I think we all know what "technically" means, right?

Right?

It means he couldn't get it up.