Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...he-government/

    “Pursuant to his plea agreement with the Government, Mr. Greenberg has been cooperating with the Government and has participated in a series of proffers. Said cooperation, which could impact his ultimate sentence, cannot be completed prior to the time of his sentencing,” Greenberg’s motion said. “The parties expect that Mr. Greenberg will participate in additional proffers, and a continuance would provide Mr. Greenberg with additional time to do so prior to his sentencing.”
    Greenberg sentencing delayed, he's glowing.

  2. #842
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...he-government/

    Greenberg sentencing delayed, he's glowing.
    You really know you're screwed when the guilty-as-sin stool pigeon who's ratting you out successfully negotiates more time to continue ratting you out.

    "But wait, there's more!"


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  3. #843
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Greenberg sentencing delayed, he's glowing.
    His plea deal meant nothing without a bigger fish to fry. My guess, he didn't give them enough proof on Gaetz yet.

  4. #844
    I'm good with this delay, he's already in a cell, the longer he delays his minimum 12 year sentence, i'm betting it'll be more like 15-20, the longer he's behind bars and that's a plus in my book, even if he is ratting the fuck out on Gaetz.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm good with this delay, he's already in a cell, the longer he delays his minimum 12 year sentence, i'm betting it'll be more like 15-20, the longer he's behind bars and that's a plus in my book, even if he is ratting the fuck out on Gaetz.
    How do you figure? You get credit for time served. If he's already incarcerated, he's already serving time on whatever eventual sentence he gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  6. #846
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,100
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You really know you're screwed when the guilty-as-sin stool pigeon who's ratting you out successfully negotiates more time to continue ratting you out.

    "But wait, there's more!"
    Sounds like they are still walking through the information Greenberg can provide to get Gaetz (that never gets old) and probably others. The more fish Greenberg can fry, the better his prison term will be.

    Considering that the ultimate target of the investigation is a sitting U.S. Congressperson, they are going to want their case to be air tight. Doubleplusgood air tight.

  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Considering that the ultimate target of the investigation is a sitting U.S. Congressperson, they are going to want their case to be air tight. Doubleplusgood air tight.
    Unless this is a political prosecution, I don't understand why gaetz would be the ultimate target. He's A target, but it sounds like greenberg was the guy who was running it all. He was responsible for the office giving the illegal benefits and issuing false ids while setting up the meetings with underage prostitutes. Geatz is bad, but I don't hope they don't cut greenberg too good of a deal just to get him: I'd rather have the organizer than a client, even if that client is a congressman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    How do you figure? You get credit for time served. If he's already incarcerated, he's already serving time on whatever eventual sentence he gets.
    Not always, not sure if it applies to federal either with the 85% rule, and not sure in this case with mandatory minimums. Plus it's not like he's been in there all too long, he was out on bail just got that taken away a few month ago.

    edit - nvm it does seem like it started when they re-arrested him, but regardless he'll be in there for over a decade+ regardless of his sentencing so this still doesn't really have any positive benefit for him.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-07-07 at 07:34 PM.

  9. #849
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Unless this is a political prosecution, I don't understand why gaetz would be the ultimate target. He's A target, but it sounds like greenberg was the guy who was running it all. He was responsible for the office giving the illegal benefits and issuing false ids while setting up the meetings with underage prostitutes. Geatz is bad, but I don't hope they don't cut greenberg too good of a deal just to get him: I'd rather have the organizer than a client, even if that client is a congressman.
    While it's not a political prosecution, there are political issues involved, namely Congressman Gaetz. And typically high profile people tend to be the ultimate target, even if there is someone who might have done more, but isn't as "powerful" - if that makes sense.

    We want them all - the organizer and all those involved. But Gaetz is the top target because of his job. I guess what I mean is that all those involved are important, but Gaetz is the most delicate, because of the political nature of his job.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-07-07 at 08:45 PM.

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Unless this is a political prosecution, I don't understand why gaetz would be the ultimate target. He's A target, but it sounds like greenberg was the guy who was running it all. He was responsible for the office giving the illegal benefits and issuing false ids while setting up the meetings with underage prostitutes. Geatz is bad, but I don't hope they don't cut greenberg too good of a deal just to get him: I'd rather have the organizer than a client, even if that client is a congressman.
    Even if Gaetz is not the organizer, it's his conviction that will send a message. Partly that even he is not above the law... and partly, well, prosecutors tend to run for office themselves and having bagged a high-profile pedophile is definitely a good start.

  11. #851
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Even if Gaetz is not the organizer, it's his conviction that will send a message.
    This is true, but I want to add to it: if Gaetz is not the organizer, and/or if others shared his crimes, he should still be put on trial, hopefully ratting them out as well. Gaetz will send a message, but so will an arrest warrant.

  12. #852
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is true, but I want to add to it: if Gaetz is not the organizer, and/or if others shared his crimes, he should still be put on trial, hopefully ratting them out as well. Gaetz will send a message, but so will an arrest warrant.
    I'm very curious to see how these GQP idiots will deal the active charges. IIRC, Gaetz will be the first GQtrumP'er to face charges (assuming Manhattan DA Vance doesn't move on Trump for awhile). I can't wait to see if Gaetz tries to plea deal or goes for trial.

  13. #853
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,667
    Riverside, California cancels the America First rally scheduled to host Gaetz and Greene.

    This is their second cancellation.

    "Boo! How dare California engage in cancel culture!"

    It wasn't California.

    "How dare the mayor of--"

    Wasn't the mayor either.

    "...Congress?"

    The venue canceled.

    Here’s a message for you communist Democrats: We are going to stand up, and we will have our America First rally tomorrow. You can’t cancel us. You can’t stop us
    -- Greene, in response, claiming it was violent threats from BLM that did it without evidence.

    There's supposedly a backup location, but Greene didn't say where it was which is kind of a poor idea for a rally. Don't you need to be there to attend? Or is this a Zoom meeting?

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Riverside, California cancels the America First rally scheduled to host Gaetz and Greene.

    This is their second cancellation.

    "Boo! How dare California engage in cancel culture!"

    It wasn't California.

    "How dare the mayor of--"

    Wasn't the mayor either.

    "...Congress?"

    The venue canceled.


    -- Greene, in response, claiming it was violent threats from BLM that did it without evidence.

    There's supposedly a backup location, but Greene didn't say where it was which is kind of a poor idea for a rally. Don't you need to be there to attend? Or is this a Zoom meeting?
    They’ve had three venues cancel their little hate rally. Most recent was Anaheim.

  15. #855
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Riverside, California cancels the America First rally scheduled to host Gaetz and Greene.

    This is their second cancellation.

    "Boo! How dare California engage in cancel culture!"

    It wasn't California.

    "How dare the mayor of--"

    Wasn't the mayor either.

    "...Congress?"

    The venue canceled.


    -- Greene, in response, claiming it was violent threats from BLM that did it without evidence.

    There's supposedly a backup location, but Greene didn't say where it was which is kind of a poor idea for a rally. Don't you need to be there to attend? Or is this a Zoom meeting?
    I would pay good money if during that rally, the FBI rolls up, slaps cuffs on Gaetz, and walks him out. Bonus points if it's in the middle of his oral bowel movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  16. #856
    Our rally is happening tomorrow night in California. pic.twitter.com/pJ8zOI8TQD

    Amusing.

  17. #857
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Our rally is happening tomorrow night in California. pic.twitter.com/pJ8zOI8TQD

    Amusing.
    Those twitter comments are an absolute goldmine...


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  18. #858
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Amusing.
    Did she say where? I could have sworn I saw a Twitter post like this one with no venue given.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’ve had three venues cancel their little hate rally. Most recent was Anaheim.
    For some reason I thought it was just the two. Thanks for the update.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Our rally is happening tomorrow night in California. pic.twitter.com/pJ8zOI8TQD

    Amusing.
    Yeah, they claim they’re still having a rally in 4.5 hours. No word on where after the first three venues cancelled, but they better figure that out soon if they want their fans to have a chance of getting their in the SoCal traffic.

  20. #860
    Nah.. Greene is bullshitting...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •