Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
... LastLast
  1. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Did she say where? I could have sworn I saw a Twitter post like this one with no venue given.



    For some reason I thought it was just the two. Thanks for the update.
    I checked the site where you sign up for tickets and it just has times listed, no location.

  2. #862
    I swear if this rally happens in a landscaper's parking lot it'll be hilarious.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  3. #863
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I checked the site where you sign up for tickets and it just has times listed, no location.
    ...why would anyone buy tickets for a location that same day, whose location was unknown?

    Also, what about security? I denounce violence and especially terrorism, even against people I don't like (if they're criminals they can be arrested) but Greene specifically cited Antifa/BLM violent threats. You'd think she'd insist on security.

  4. #864
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...why would anyone buy tickets for a location that same day, whose location was unknown?

    Also, what about security? I denounce violence and especially terrorism, even against people I don't like (if they're criminals they can be arrested) but Greene specifically cited Antifa/BLM violent threats. You'd think she'd insist on security.
    Oh, you don’t pay for tickets. You just reserve them using a mobile number(max 4 per mobile).

  5. #865
    I hear they might switch the location to the Altamont racetrack, it has a solid history of hosting large events at the last minute.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

    "I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

  6. #866
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I hear they might switch the location to the Altamont racetrack, it has a solid history of hosting large events at the last minute.
    Sounds reasonable. Bunch of seats, lot of space, a sport widely associated with really rich people and ethics violations.

  7. #867
    I am Murloc! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Oh, you don’t pay for tickets. You just reserve them using a mobile number(max 4 per mobile).
    ...Look! It's the K signal!

    K-STAN!
    Nanananananananananananananananana
    K-STAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  8. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I hear they might switch the location to the Altamont racetrack, it has a solid history of hosting large events at the last minute.
    That’d work if it was in SoCal…

  9. #869
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Gaetz is apparently threatening to sue.

    I mean, if he has clear breach of contract go ahead? But I am increasingly convinced by the day that businesses that host rallies have a "by the way, if you're a felon we get to cancel" just like I'm convinced it's in loan documents. That's a guess, of course. I haven't read the contract, but again this too is a guess, neither has Gaetz. "I will sue them" is a knee-jerk bonespur-jerk reaction by anyone in the Trumpopshere.

  10. #870
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gaetz is apparently threatening to sue.

    I mean, if he has clear breach of contract go ahead? But I am increasingly convinced by the day that businesses that host rallies have a "by the way, if you're a felon we get to cancel" just like I'm convinced it's in loan documents. That's a guess, of course. I haven't read the contract, but again this too is a guess, neither has Gaetz. "I will sue them" is a knee-jerk bonespur-jerk reaction by anyone in the Trumpopshere.
    Anaheim’s cancellation notice cited safety concerns. Pretty sure the venues will be fine.

  11. #871
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anaheim’s cancellation notice cited safety concerns. Pretty sure the venues will be fine.
    Heh, "national security lol" for the private sector.

  12. #872
    New venue… and plan. Now it’s a protest against communism.

    Peaceful Protest Against Communism

    Riverside City Hall, California

    TODAY 5pm PST

    Calling all California PATRIOTS!

    #AmericaFirst
    https://mobile.twitter.com/mattgaetz...03151008489472

  13. #873
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    New venue… and plan. Now it’s a protest against communism.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/mattgaetz...03151008489472
    Please tell me there's a City Hall Landscaping in Riverside...


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  14. #874
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Now it’s a protest against communism.
    I mean...I was not aware there were Communists in the Riverside city govt. But whatever.

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Please tell me there's a City Hall Landscaping in Riverside...
    Heh. Gaetz posted that tweet with a video from outside City Hall. So it looks like they found the right place. A little over 2 hours until we see what kinda shitshow it ends up being.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...I was not aware there were Communists in the Riverside city govt. But whatever.
    It’s funny because what they’re actually protesting is capitalism. Businesses made a business decision not to do business with these clowns.

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    New venue… and plan. Now it’s a protest against communism.



    https://mobile.twitter.com/mattgaetz...03151008489472
    Man, I just don't get why someone representing a district in Florida would be hosting political events in California, but I guess I don't know what's best for his constituents.

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I just don't get why someone representing a district in Florida would be hosting political events in California, but I guess I don't know what's best for his constituents.
    I mean, every minute he's not in Florida raping underage girls is probably a good thing. I just hope the young ladies of California are being wary of DMs from people they don't know.

  18. #878
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gaetz is apparently threatening to sue.

    I mean, if he has clear breach of contract go ahead? But I am increasingly convinced by the day that businesses that host rallies have a "by the way, if you're a felon we get to cancel" just like I'm convinced it's in loan documents. That's a guess, of course. I haven't read the contract, but again this too is a guess, neither has Gaetz. "I will sue them" is a knee-jerk bonespur-jerk reaction by anyone in the Trumpopshere.
    It's probably not even that complicated. I would be shocked if venues didn't have standardized clauses that say something akin to "If safety concerns are raised and not answered to the venue's satisfaction, the venue may cancel the event at their discretion, refunding any deposits put down by the leasee". There's no reason you'd put a minimum notice on that kind of clause, because if you found out the event was going to be SUPER dangerous an hour before it started, you'd still want to be able to shut it down without legal consequence, since the venue's gonna share liability over anything that happens.

    Especially in the USA, where you can sue nearly anyone over basically anything, claims that you're gonna sue are vapid and empty threats. File the actual suit. Pay an actual lawyer. If you're not there yet, you're not worth talking about, you're just a chihuahua yapping for attention.


  19. #879
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    23,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Riverside, California cancels the America First rally scheduled to host Gaetz and Greene.

    This is their second cancellation.

    "Boo! How dare California engage in cancel culture!"

    It wasn't California.

    "How dare the mayor of--"

    Wasn't the mayor either.

    "...Congress?"

    The venue canceled.


    -- Greene, in response, claiming it was violent threats from BLM that did it without evidence.

    There's supposedly a backup location, but Greene didn't say where it was which is kind of a poor idea for a rally. Don't you need to be there to attend? Or is this a Zoom meeting?
    I wonder if there's a landscaping company parking lot that might host them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I swear if this rally happens in a landscaper's parking lot it'll be hilarious.


    Ah damn someone beat me to it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #880
    We have a live stream of this "protest".



    Should be interesting to see what kind of counter-protesting takes place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •