Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Naw dog, I'll keep calling 30somethings paying to fuck "18 year olds" who turn out to be minors, pedos.

As I said, the ebophilia vs. pedophilia debate is boring as fuck, and I don't think most of us are using these terms in any legalistic way that would require such specificity.
    Well, apparently the definition of the word "pedo" is so watered-down now that calling someone a "pedo" isn't even defaming them anymore.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Naw dog, I'll keep calling 30somethings paying to fuck "18 year olds" who turn out to be minors, pedos.
    That "barely legal" shit gets fetishized way too much, but if you can't tell the difference, it's incredibly stupid to lump them in with that label.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, apparently the definition of the word "pedo" is so watered-down now that calling someone a "pedo" isn't even defaming them anymore.
    Miss me with trying to compare me posting on an anonymous account mocking a dude on the internet for fucking literal minors to a billionaire repeatedly defaming a world renowned diver and then trying to claim that it's some unconnected insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miss me with trying to compare me posting on an anonymous account mocking a dude on the internet for fucking literal minors to a billionaire repeatedly defaming a world renowned diver and then trying to claim that it's some unconnected insult.
    Naw, dog. It's nowhere near a 1:1 comparison, but there's definitely a comparison to be made there, regardless.

Words matter. If people feel free to misuse a word, it'll end up losing its meaning.

This is similarly why "literally" literally also means its own opposite now.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You all owe him an apology.
    Lucky for me I owe him nothing. I simply pointed out Gaetz fucked a child. Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia. Even being a lesser version of having sex with a minor, is having sex with a minor. @Orange Joe took issue with the use of that term, while Cornell Law seems to have no problem with the term being used.

Jeff Epstein?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

As I said, the ebophilia vs. pedophilia debate is boring as fuck, and I don't think most of us are using these terms in any legalistic way that would require such specificity.
    But you all jumped all over someone when they made that specific distinction, calling them out for being wrong, and then making personal attacks (not necessarily you, but referring to "you all" because of your "most of us"). OJ was right, entirely and specifically, in saying what he did.

I agree with you in sentiment overall, however, the legal distinction is both apt for this conversation and VERY important when it comes to intent and sentencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @cubby I wasn’t speaking to the legal consequences. But you’re right, if she was 17 we make some weird distinctions that we don’t for people younger than 16. Depends entirely on the state though. Overall? Yeah, dude used his power and wealth to fuck a minor. It’s no less tragic, for me, just because that minor was closer to being able to make shit choices.
    Agreed - there are so many varying factors, depending on age/state/etc.

And yeah, Matt Gaetz should be buried under the prison for what he's done. And I hope that sex trafficking charge sticks and holds.

I agree with you in sentiment overall, however, the legal distinction is both apt for this conversation and VERY important when it comes to intent and sentencing.
    Cool, and when we get to the actual discussion of legal matters and charges we'll use the appropriate charges. We're not talking legal definitions and charges here, this is a chummy conversation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Lucky for me I owe him nothing. I simply pointed out Gaetz fucked a child. Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia. Even being a lesser version of having sex with a minor, is having sex with a minor. @Orange Joe took issue with the use of that term, while Cornell Law seems to have no problem with the term being used.
    Indeed - you are correct, and I could have done a better job specifying "you all".

It's a shitty, horrible area of law (akin to Family Law in horror) - which is why most Prosecution Department's have their own sub-Division to handle this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Words matter. If people feel free to misuse a word, it'll end up losing its meaning.

This is similarly why "literally" literally also means its own opposite now.
    Languages evolve over time, and this is part of the process. It isn't "losing its meaning", its meaning is evolving as its usage changes.

Totally normal. Like how people use "decimate" to mean something on the edge of catastrophic obliteration, when it originally meant losing 1 in 10 of something (usually troops or people in a city).

Or "awful", which used to mean "full of awe".

"Fathom" used to mean something pretty similar to "hug"; to put your arms around a thing.

"Sinister" just means "left-handed", originally.

And so on.

Trying to stand in the way of linguistic evolution is a fight nobody has won, though many have foolishly tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shitty, horrible area of law
    Oh, it's a shitty, horrible crime. It's like discussing the degrees of murder, except the child survives and has years of therapy to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thought the girls were teenagers?
    ewww...

really?
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teenager or young adult.

child

/CHīld/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    noun: child; plural noun: children

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

"she'd been playing tennis since she was a child"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    ewww...

really?
    ?? really what?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, pedophilia.
    Please feel free to define that word. Cause no it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn’t. It’s fun to know where you stand on taking advantage of minors though.
    Charge them to the fullest extent of the law? Or what you think wanting to use correct terminology makes me a pedophile too? lmfao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...Roy Moore banging that 16yr old...was okay?
    who said this?

- - - Updated - - -

And I'll call you a ignorant fuck too. Goes both ways.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teenager or young adult.
    Text I quoted uses the term "minor". Fairly sure that means any definition with the word "adult" is not relevant. It's 100% not relevant in the context of this thread, she was underaged.

EDIT: Oh dear. Someone responded without reading the text I posted. How awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Text I quoted uses the term "minor". Fairly sure that means any definition with the word "adult" is not relevant. It's 100% not relevant in the context of this thread, she was underaged.

EDIT: Oh dear. Someone responded without reading the text I posted. How awkward.
    Doo you not know english? Is it not your first language or something?

young a·dult

Learn to pronounce

noun
    noun: young adult; plural noun: young adults

• a person in their teens or early twenties.

"the app is especially popular with teenagers and young adults"

adjective

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Languages evolve over time, and this is part of the process. It isn't "losing its meaning", its meaning is evolving as its usage changes.

Totally normal. Like how people use "decimate" to mean something on the edge of catastrophic obliteration, when it originally meant losing 1 in 10 of something (usually troops or people in a city).

Or "awful", which used to mean "full of awe".

"Fathom" used to mean something pretty similar to "hug"; to put your arms around a thing.

"Sinister" just means "left-handed", originally.

And so on.

Trying to stand in the way of linguistic evolution is a fight nobody has won, though many have foolishly tried.

OK so we will never ever hear you argue semantics with someone again right? I Mean if languages evolve who are YOU to stop it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doo you not know english? Is it not your first language or something?
    Oh dear. Someone's taking sides against Cornell Law, and incidentally the only person in this thread defending him, to die on this particular hill.

If the victim had been in her early 20's this wouldn't be an issue. She wasn't. She was a minor. It's in the charges and everything. I'm sure there's room to talk about what happens when you pay a woman in her early 20's for sex, but that's not the context of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. Someone's taking sides against Cornell Law, and incidentally the only person in this thread defending him, to die on this particular hill.

If the victim had been in her early 20's this wouldn't be an issue. She wasn't. She was a minor. It's in the charges and everything. I'm sure there's room to talk about what happens when you pay a woman in her early 20's for sex, but that's not the context of this thread.
    Your link.

defines pedophilia as “a paraphilia in which sexual acts or fantasies involving prepubertal children
    Almost like that adjective is there for a reason huh??????
    Dictionary

child

/CHīld/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    plural noun: children

• a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

Tell me again WHO didn't read what?

10+ Year Old Account
    You highlighted only part, the part that says below the age of majority is what’s being used… was this you admitting you were wrong?
    adjectives people....... What are they????

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess not. Always a weird stand to take when it involves raping a minor…
    What that we use the correct terms? Why is that a weird stance. Using correct terminology is very important in law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me again WHO didn't read what?
    Considering you already quoted "Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia" I'm going to say "you". I'm also wondering why this is such a big deal for you. Dude trafficked an underaged girl. I'm not sure "she wasn't that underaged" is worth it for Gaetz. Neither 22 U.S. Code § 7102 nor the Mann Act are things to be taken lightly.

The important term here is "minor". If you have issues with the rest, take it up with Cornell Law school.