Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Guess not. Always a weird stand to take when it involves raping a minor…

- - - Updated - - -

Below the age of legal majority. Either definition is valid per your source. That means under 18.
    what section of under the majority is "prepubertal"?. Do you know what this word means?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Considering you already quoted "Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia" I'm going to say "you". I'm also wondering why this is such a big deal for you. Dude trafficked an underaged girl. I'm not sure "she wasn't that underaged" is worth it for Gaetz. Neither 22 U.S. Code § 7102 nor the Mann Act are things to be taken lightly.

The important term here is "minor". If you have issues with the rest, take it up with Cornell Law school.
    I don't and made it clear what word I had issue with you using.

As for geatz or anyone else charge them to the fullest extent of the law.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of or is so confusing to you?
    That part that says they are prepubertal?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The definition YOU linked says prepubertal or below the age of majority. Hence, it’s accurate to call minors children. Regardless of puberty status.

You might want to scroll up and read the actual convo.

Yes I linked that definition cause someone else linked this.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/pedo...n%20pedophilia.

Which says.

defines pedophilia as “a paraphilia in which sexual acts or fantasies involving prepubertal children
    So we are clearly talking about a young human being below the age of puberty considering there is a adjective that makes it abundantly clear what they mean.

Are you still confused or?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t been confused once. You still defending people who rape minors from being called pedos?
    I mean if you want to call him a rapist go right ahead. If you want to charge him to the fullest extent of the law, go ahead. Yes I care that we use the correct terms when doing this shit.

I mean if we are just gonna water down the term whats to stop me from calling you a pedo? You telling me you were never ever attracted to anyone under the age of majority (18-20)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't and made it clear what word I had issue with you using.
    And I will continue to use it, with backup that I trust more than yours, because it fits the context of the crime committed here. Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking a minor. Until we find out that person was actually an adult, I will continue to call him a pedophile, and until there's a separate charge for sex trafficking people between 12 and 17, I will continue to do so without any issues whatsoever.

Bear in mind, sex with teenagers by grown men in authority is still considered a pretty vile crime in this country. Take this case from Jan 10, for example. Or this person from 2 days ago. Or this person from five hours ago. They are all being charged with felonies for having sex with high-school students. I somehow doubt the legal defense of "technically it wasn't pedophilia" will keep them warm in the unemployment line when they get out of jail. Nothing Gaetz did is even close to okay, and I'm pretty sure both legal codes I cited plus Cornell Law school are all the backup I need to point out that "having sex with a minor" is the key issue here. Quite frankly, I don't care if he was aroused or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I will continue to use it, with backup that I trust more than yours, because it fits the context of the crime committed here. Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking a minor. Until we find out that person was actually an adult, I will continue to call him a pedophile, and until there's a separate charge for sex trafficking people between 12 and 17, I will continue to do so without any issues whatsoever.

Bear in mind, sex with teenagers by grown men in authority is still considered a pretty vile crime in this country. Take this case from Jan 10, for example. Or this person from 2 days ago. Or this person from five hours ago. They are all being charged with felonies for having sex with high-school students. I somehow doubt the legal defense of "technically it wasn't pedophilia" will keep them warm in the unemployment line when they get out of jail. Nothing Gaetz did is even close to okay, and I'm pretty sure both legal codes I cited plus Cornell Law school are all the backup I need to point out that "having sex with a minor" is the key issue here. Quite frankly, I don't care if he was aroused or not.
    You haven't backed up anything. Your link agrees with me not you.

As for the second part? huh? where have I said anything about not charging gaetsz or that what he did isn't disgusting?

- - - Updated - - -

Get it yet? Or is you all confused?
    can you link where you got that second part please?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the dictionary?

- - - Updated - - -

The part YOU have previously linked? I got it from the dictionary on my desk.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/pedophilia

a psychosexual disorder, generally affecting adults, characterized by sexual interest in prepubescent children or attempts to engage in sexual acts with prepubescent children.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is now a pointless tangent. Perhaps we should just let it lie?

People can think whatever they want to think, even if it's wrong. The legal definition is the legal definition, regardless.

Nothing is going to be gained by arguing for pages over this.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Here’s merriam webster since I know you don’t have an oxford sub.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...icalDictionary

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/child
    Why did you cut part out?

specifically : a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You haven't backed up anything.
    And that's when the conversation ended. I spelled out the part that mattered. Twice.

So let's get back to the matter of the thread: @Vegas82 posted about a key witness. Let's hear some more about that.

A witness has confirmed to federal prosecutors that Rep. Matt Gaetz was informed in 2017 that he'd had sex with a minor, sources told The Daily Beast.

In a letter obtained by The Daily Beast in April 2021, Gaetz's associate Joel Greenberg said he discovered a girl he and the congressman had engaged in "sexual activities" with was 17 at the time.

"Immediately I called the congressman and warned him to stay clear of this person and informed him she was underage," Greenberg wrote, according to the outlet. He added Gaetz was "equally shocked and disturbed by this revelation" and that "there was no further contact with this individual until after her 18th birthday."
    Wow, that sounds like an admission of guilt. Well, of the having sex with a minor part, at least. Still didn't seem like they had problems with the paying money for sex or the crossing borders to do it.

According to The Daily Beast, someone else was in the room when Greenberg called Gaetz to convey that information: Joe Ellicott, Greenberg's close friend and a former employee at the Seminole County tax office. Both men are now cooperating with federal investigators in the sex-crimes probe into Gaetz.

Ellicott's decision to cooperate is likely bad news for the embattled Florida congressman, who has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection to the sex-trafficking probe.
    "But Breccia! Surely Gaetz didn't know she was underaged!"

Well for one, he's free to plead that when it comes to trial. For two, ignorance isn't an excuse. Two posts ago I cited a criminal case that mirrors this one very closely, specifically, the 17-year-old lied about her age. (It didn't help) And for three, I'm not sure that's even true.

Among other things, Ellicott and Greenberg reportedly exchanged text messages via the encrypted messaging app Signal, in which Ellicott disclosed that a woman they both were associated with "knew [the minor] was underage the whole time, had sex with her, and they both went to see other guys."
    Gaetz is now facing two witnesses who seem to be corroborating each other and there's almost certainly communications being turned over that verify their mutual story.

"That sounds bad."

Oh wait, there's more.

NBC also said prosecutors are investigating whether Gaetz sex-trafficked the 17-year-old; if he violated the Mann Act, which prohibits the transportation of "any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose" across state lines; or if he obstructed justice. Gaetz has denied all three claims.

With respect to the obstruction probe, investigators are said to be scrutinizing a three-way call after the investigation started between Gaetz, his ex, and another woman who was cooperating with federal authorities and who was reportedly recording the phone call. NBC reported that authorities suspect Gaetz of obstructing justice during that conversation; he's denied the allegation.
    Three witnesses. It could be four, but Gaetz's ex hasn't been called out for cooperating. Also, yeah, I didn't pull the Mann Act out of nowhere. This is a textbook case. Possibly literally, ask Cornell Law.

Interestingly enough, it may be that the underaged minor's age is irrelevant. The Mann Act doesn't seem to care. 22 U.S. Code § 7102 doesn't seem to care much other then calling out child services. What it may come down to, is Gaetz being charged with multiple felonies, and the fact that he raped a minor -- man, there should be a term for that -- will come up at sentencing.

Or, he can call each and every newspaper from prison saying "technically it wasn't pedophilila". I can't wait to see that defamation lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nothing is going to be gained by arguing for pages over this.
    As you just saw, I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's when the conversation ended. I spelled out the part that mattered. Twice.

So let's get back to the matter of the thread: @Vegas82 posted about a key witness. Let's hear some more about that.

Wow, that sounds like an admission of guilt. Well, of the having sex with a minor part, at least. Still didn't seem like they had problems with the paying money for sex or the crossing borders to do it.

"But Breccia! Surely Gaetz didn't know she was underaged!"

Well for one, he's free to plead that when it comes to trial. For two, ignorance isn't an excuse. Two posts ago I cited a criminal case that mirrors this one very closely, specifically, the 17-year-old lied about her age. (It didn't help) And for three, I'm not sure that's even true.

Gaetz is now facing two witnesses who seem to be corroborating each other and there's almost certainly communications being turned over that verify their mutual story.

"That sounds bad."

Oh wait, there's more.

Three witnesses. It could be four, but Gaetz's ex hasn't been called out for cooperating. Also, yeah, I didn't pull the Mann Act out of nowhere. This is a textbook case. Possibly literally, ask Cornell Law.

Interestingly enough, it may be that the underaged minor's age is irrelevant. The Mann Act doesn't seem to care. 22 U.S. Code § 7102 doesn't seem to care much other then calling out child services. What it may come down to, is Gaetz being charged with multiple felonies, and the fact that he raped a minor -- man, there should be a term for that -- will come up at sentencing.

Or, he can call each and every newspaper from prison saying "technically it wasn't pedophilila". I can't wait to see that defamation lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

As you just saw, I agree.

"statutory rape"

or is that not ok with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    So sex with a child…
    hebephilia?

That term also means sex with a child if we want to use very basic terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a real term anywhere but with sex offenders… you really went deep. Got something to share?
    Wait you think this isn't a real term? And are you trying to call me a sex offender?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you think it’s in any way used as a real term? Or applies here? It’s proposed as a real term, nobody uses it though because we already have enough words to let pedos claim they aren’t pedos.
    Considering what I means it 100% fits yes. Sorry that doesn't make it easier to make gaetz seem like that much more of a piece of shit. Doubt he needs your help in that department anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    So sex with a child…
    Ephebophilia

Or let me guess this isn't a real word either cause vegas82 says so?

- - - Updated - - -

All the words fit based on their dictionary definitions. Hence me being confused why you object to someone, who isn’t a lawyer, using the literal definition of pedo when they call Gaetz one. It applies. As shown.
    So the girl in question was prepubescent? Are you sure? must have been a very late bloomer huh.

this thread blew up thought someone got charged.

btw what the hell more do they need to charge this ass? wtf are they waiting for now?

Accusing another poster of being a pedophile because he disagrees with the legal terminology being used is bottom-of-the-barrel 3rd grade playground levels of debate. If you disagree with what he says, sure debate with him all day on those merits without resorting to that crap. I think you're both being silly, but it's hilarious how his viewpoint is that the term "pedophile" is being used too broadly and your retort to that is to throw the term around like it means nothing.

Dammit, and now you've made me defend OJ. I need a beer and a shower...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    btw what the hell more do they need to charge this ass? wtf are they waiting for now?
    They might need nothing. They have multiple witnesses and likely turned-over communications. There's probably still more they could get, such as details on money transfers. That might be trickier because the route you use to wire money to your underaged prostitute is probably not thrilled about turning over records.

As for what they're waiting for, besides more evidence to make their case go from "rock solid" to "Gaetz's tomb", well...they are going after a sitting US federal elected representatives. You don't rush into that quickly. Same reason Trump hasn't been charged, but Weaselberg has. If you take an extra few months to get every possible arrow in your quiver sharpened, you're more likely to drop the big game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Chill out and move on from the semantic arguments. It doesn't need its own derail.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

When someone knows that many terms for pedophilia that aren’t even accepted MEDICALLY, let alone as common usage terms, it’s a massive red flag.
    Knowledge of a debated subject is a red flag? Well, then rest assured your hands are forever clean.