Poll: Who will be the next leader of the RNC?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RNC Headed Towards Civil WAr?

Is the RNC headed towards a Civil War? Who will be the new leader? It couldn’t happen to a nicer person, but reading how Ronna Romney McDaniel (let us never forget how Trump forced her to drop the Romney from her name) has lost control of the Republican National Committee because Republicans are insane is quite the thing. But we're watching the devolution of the Republican Party into a Cult of Personality

“God Awakened Me”: Republicans Suddenly Want to Oust Ronna McDaniel
    The Republican National Committee chair is losing control of her own party.

The alternative event points to larger unrest within the party, as national lawmakers worry that their failure to follow through on campaign promises will doom them this election. In October, the GOP witnessed its House representatives cannibalize their own leader for the first time in U.S. history, ousting former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy in a coup led by just eight members of the party.

The ensuing madness, seeded, stoked, and fueled by Trump, has amounted to a complete divide in the Republican Party, with some members disavowing the formal platform entirely.

“I used to be the establishment when I first got started in politics,” Fanchon Blythe, the RNC committeewoman from Nebraska, told Steve Bannon’s War Room. “But God awakened me.”

Turning Point spokesman Andrew Kolvet told Breitbart News that the impetus for the alternative event was due to “overwhelming demand” from conservatives who were allegedly turning to Kirk and his co-organizer, Tyler Bowyer, for answers.

“How many hundreds of phone calls does Tyler have to take before he’s like, ‘OK, I guess we have to get the band together? I guess we have to do this thing because everyone’s telling me there’s this huge problem.’ The way we see it is people need this,” Kolvet told the far-right publication.

The RNC is meeting behind closed doors this week, after McDaniel’s plan to make Trump the party’s presumptive nominee crumbled due to Republican outrage, reported the Associated Press. Even Trump declared it was too soon to rule Nikki Haley out.

“While they have far more votes than necessary to do it, I feel, for the sake of PARTY UNITY, that they should NOT go forward with this plan,” Trump posted on his social media platform Truth Social.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Wait, so is Michigan just a preview of the national party?

Because holy shit we're gonna have a lot of senior citizens taking off their glasses (that's how you know they're serious, when they take off their glasses) and getting into alcohol-fueled shouting matches and brawls, complete with cops showing up to arrest someone.

I just hope they keep the violence intra-party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Head of Lettuce! Head of Lettuce! Head of Lettuce!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The RNC is in the same boat as the DNC in regards to fractures. Not as bad but it’s there.

Very similar issues happened in the past.

I think a bit of a shift is coming. Possibly a new party.

I thi Vivek is pretty much the new young blood of the Republican Party or Trump party faction.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The RNC is in the same boat as the DNC
    The DNC doesn't have a problem where the ideological foundation of its party is contingent on catering to a shrinking post-truth minority demographic by dismantling democracy. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The DNC doesn't have a problem where the ideological foundation of its party is contingent on catering to a shrinking post-truth minority demographic by dismantling democracy. Try again.
    Not true. Both parties have similar and at times the same groups. Many who are fluent between independent, libertarian to the fringe of either left or right ideology.

Not true. Both parties have similar and at times the same groups. Many who are fluent between independent, libertarian to the fringe of either left or right ideology.
    You can keep saying it, but that doesn't make it true.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...dule-rcna90145

Virtually all Democrats (93%) say Biden won the election fairly, a view shared by 58% of independents. Just 21% of Republicans believe Biden won his election fair and square, while 68% say he won "due to voter fraud."
    There's no analog for this kind of mass-self-delusion in the Democratic part that I'm aware of.

Both sides is still just as bad an unsupported of an argument as it's always been.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ts-after-2016/

Lest we think that Republicans are the only ones susceptible to having their view of the electoral process colored by the outcome, polling shows that some Democrats did lose confidence in the election after Trump won in 2016. Nevertheless, a majority of Democrats (as well as Republicans and independents) believed that votes were counted accurately after the election was over. So the finding in this latest round of polls, that roughly three in four Republicans don’t have faith in the electoral process, is a big departure from what public opinion polls found after the last election.
    The 68% that think Biden won due to "fraud"? That's roughly the same 65% of Democrats who still were confident in the election results months after the 2016 election.

You have no leg to stand on, how on earth have you figured out how to levitate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You can keep saying it, but that doesn't make it true.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...dule-rcna90145

There's no analog for this kind of mass-self-delusion in the Democratic part that I'm aware of.

Both sides is still just as bad an unsupported of an argument as it's always been.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ts-after-2016/

The 68% that think Biden won due to "fraud"? That's roughly the same 65% of Democrats who still were confident in the election results months after the 2016 election.

You have no leg to stand on, how on earth have you figured out how to levitate?
    That’s one issue. We will see how that translates in November.

Plenty of conspiracy theorists on many issues. And many issues fracture both parties.

10+ Year Old Account

Plenty of conspiracy theorists on many issues. And many issues fracture both parties.
    Name one such "fracturing" issue for Democrats.

One.

That leads to the kinds of conflicts and venom against others like we're seeing among Republicans right now.

Just one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The alternative event points to larger unrest within the party, as national lawmakers worry that their failure to follow through on campaign promises will doom them this election.
    ...why wouldn't it? Seriously, why is this only now occurring to them? People vote R on principle, why are they suddenly concerned 2024 is the election where their failures cost them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...why wouldn't it? Seriously, why is this only now occurring to them? People vote R on principle, why are they suddenly concerned 2024 is the election where their failures cost them?
    Well thats a quoted element from the journalist who treats politics as sportsball. But I think I can translate...
    Same guys that said for decades that "the GOP wouldn't never asckually over turn Roe. That would be the dog-catching-the-car, tee hee"(or dumber sportsball metaphor).
    Despites decades of the GOP escalating abortion restrictions and murdering gynecologists.

So despite very subservient to Trump over the past 7 years. Dear Ronna still isn't quite loyal (it's never enough). Thats why my money is on a Trump kid. A mob guy doesnt feel safe unless it's family in poisitions of power.
    Or the Head of Lettuce. Lettuce can't betray you and go state's evidence!

Calling it now. The next narrative in the politico sportsball playbook. "sources saying ... GOP super donors will back anti-trump candidate for RNC slot!"

Despite all evidence of the past 8 years being, that GOP donors and Wall St simply love Trump because of those tax breaks and anti labor appointments to the courts and NLRB.
    Government Affiliated Snark

That's not an "issue", that's a majority of the Republican party outright rejecting objective reality and choosing to believe a debunked lie because they prefer a fantasy. There's zero analog to that in the Democratic party as you claimed.

Your claim is easily dismissed based on literal reality unfolding in front of us.

If the US is going to have a second Civil War, hopefully this time the antifascists have the sense to make sure the fascists aren't essentially appeased and rewarded for surrendering at the end of it.

Cancers are meant to be excised, not left to fester.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not an "issue", that's a majority of the Republican party outright rejecting objective reality and choosing to believe a debunked lie because they prefer a fantasy. There's zero analog to that in the Democratic party as you claimed.

Your claim is easily dismissed based on literal reality unfolding in front of us.

I think there are bigger issues that can bring most of the GOP together in the end they will likely fall in line like before. As I said I come November everyone will know. I don't mean just for the White House, I mean for the House and the Senate as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If the US is going to have a second Civil War, hopefully this time the antifascists have the sense to make sure the fascists aren't essentially appeased and rewarded for surrendering at the end of it.

Cancers are meant to be excised, not left to fester.
    A second civil war will mean a third world war. There's no scenario where an infighting United States doesn't have basically every international power of substance getting involved, whether openly or not. There's too much at risk, in a scenario where the sovereignty of the American state is endangered.

Already have seen it in the past two election cycles. And we see a slowly eroding far-right...
    Get back to me when they start claiming "God awakens them" into being pro-choice.

Let's not get carried away here. The thread opens with the possibility of a civil war within the RNC, specifically; please keep it within that scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Name one such "fracturing" issue for Democrats.

One.

That leads to the kinds of conflicts and venom against others like we're seeing among Republicans right now.

Just one.
    It's entirely conceivable that support for Israel's atrocities will rise to that level (if it's not there already). But there's been a pretty powerful institutional push to suppress that within the party so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Let's not get carried away here. The thread opens with the possibility of a civil war within the RNC, specifically; please keep it within that scope.
    Understood.
    Might I suggest a little latitude when tracking the past few years of fractures of the party? From the "abortion" issue, to the media as when Fox News sacked Tucker Carlson?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Understood.
    Might I suggest a little latitude when tracking the past few years of fractures of the party? From the "abortion" issue, to the media as when Fox News sacked Tucker Carlson?
    Certainly, just as long as we can steer clear of visions of a full-blown US Civil War. We all it keeps popping up anyway.