Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Color me shocked.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...nocence-481956

Man, Kevin McCarthy is bringing all the big feckless, flaccid, spineless energy of John Boehner and Paul Ryan, who came before him. He's spoken with Gaetz, who assures him he has done nothing illegal.

I guess he didn't bother asking why Gaetz had to change his cell phone number, after the FBI reportedly took his phone as evidence of an ongoing investigation in which he is a target of. Or what's going on with that FBI counter-investigation his dad was wearing a wire for.

Naw, Gaetz says he's innocent so leave him on the Judiciary Committee rather than temporarily pull him off. This isn't a court of law, "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here.

Seems McCarthy is just about the only Republican that's playing defense for Gaetz, though he at least has a bit of an "obligation" to do so aw Minority Leader of a morally bankrupt party.
    Let's face it unless he goes to jail nothing will happen to him if anything we are probably looking at the new republican presidential candidate in 2028 or 2032.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Let's face it unless he goes to jail nothing will happen to him if anything we are probably looking at the new republican presidential candidate in 2028 or 2032.
    And even if he does go to jail, which he is facing some hefty jail time, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Republican, doesn't pardon him, just because Matt Gaetz will do anything to not be in jail anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And even if he does go to jail, which he is facing some hefty jail time, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Republican, doesn't pardon him, just because Matt Gaetz will do anything to not be in jail anymore.
    Yup the republican party has taken off the mask they pardon mass murdering child killers, Gaetz is on the express line to a pardon. However I find it highly unlikely that he will go to jail, he has money and is well connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    He's trying to poison the jury pool,though it is rather nice of him to give prosecutors a valid reason for moving his trial to another district.
    I have to wonder if the commercial can be used as evidence of anything.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I have to wonder if the commercial can be used as evidence of anything.
    Possibly. Gaetz didn't make the 30-second ad and I don't think he speaks in it? But
    a) it's made by the Project Veritas people, "trusted source of true things" that they are (gags)
    b) someone in the video did say this was an attempt by Democrats and the media to get rid of Gaetz, which could be used in a defamation case I guess.

I would suspect this evidence would be pretty weak in a defamation case. It will be pretty hard for CNN to say they were damaged by this. Not only are the claims made by this ad somewhere between "ridiculously unprovable" and "padded cell next to Jack Nicholson" ain't nobody who watches CNN is going to see this ad and say "Well, shit! Time to switch to NAScAR."

I love how Gaetz referred to the 17 year old in question as a "woman" rather than a girl. Qanon/GQP is all about projection and it has become clear as day what and who they are. I am deeply ashamed of being from the US due to the events of the past few years.

We have multiple elected officials at a federal level actively involved in numerous crimes that has yet to ever actually lead to questioning or arrest. If these people were normal every day citizens they would have been arrested by now. Cops are allowed to kill unarmed 13 year olds and congressmen can be actively involved in sex trafficking of children and its all ok. The US is a failed state on every level.

I turned 45 recently and just do not see myself being able to survive in this country for much longer. I have spent the past year trying to avoid covid and be able to support myself with little to no help from much of anyone and if it hadn't been for the stimulus checks I am not sure I would even be alive right now. Things are getting better but the only thing that is certain for me is being able to get the vaccine. I am facing potential eviction and roommates who refuse to go see a tenant lawyer so we can clarify what our rights are. I'm just tired of it all and want to leave.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-04-16 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I love how Gaetz referred to the 17 year old in question as a "woman" rather than a girl.
    Which is even odder considering he continues to proclaim his innocence. If he didn't have sex with her, does it matter if she's underaged? "Oh, wait, she's 19? Then I totally paid to have sex with her." Do the specifics of people you didn't have sex with matter? (EDIT: Yeah I wrote that first version WAY too quickly)

Also, once again, MMO-C's second favorite lawyer.

Last edited by Breccia; 2021-04-17 at 12:35 AM.

As someone who has been too busy to keep track of this, what all has happened if anyone can catch me up.

I know he was caught messing with a 17 year old, taking her across state lines, and paying her for her “services”. What all has gone on since that I missed if anyone can fill me in?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    As someone who has been too busy to keep track of this, what all has happened if anyone can catch me up.

I know he was caught messing with a 17 year old, taking her across state lines, and paying her for her “services”. What all has gone on since that I missed if anyone can fill me in?
    Not just state lines, international lines. He is alleged to have taken her to the Bahamas. And the LegalEagle video sums it up nicely I think.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not just state lines, international lines. He is alleged to have taken her to the Bahamas. And the LegalEagle video sums it up nicely I think.
    Cool, will try and look at it later if I can find the time, on the phone with kids at the park so no real chance atm.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Cool, will try and look at it later if I can find the time, on the phone with kids at the park so no real chance atm.
    But yeah, the newest thing, is that he is trying to wage a war with ads for some reason against CNN and the investigation, even though it started under Trump and Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Which is even odder considering he continues to proclaim his innocence. If he didn't rape her, does it matter if she's underaged? "Oh, wait, she's 19? Then I totally paid to have sex with her against her will." Do the specifics of people you didn't rape matter?
    Wait, I'm confused, there are rape accusations now? Or just the "17 year olds can't consent, so it's rape" thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Wait, I'm confused, there are rape accusations now? Or just the "17 year olds can't consent, so it's rape" thing?
    I’m confused... are you defending Matt Gaetz sex trafficking, by arguing 17 is old enough? Whaaa?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, when someone can’t consent it’s known as rape.
    They might be a Keemstar fan... ‘if there is no biting, it can’t be rape...’ idiots...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    An adult having sex with a minor is always rape automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Statutory rape, to be more specific. But yes, still rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta point out a minor mistake in the Legal Eagle video. He falsely claims that in the US you can’t pay for sex without breaking the law. See Nevada for legal prostitution.
    Nevada? How about my marriage license? /rimshot

I’m single, but I love these...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Yes, when someone can’t consent it’s known as rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m confused... are you defending Matt Gaetz sex trafficking, by arguing 17 is old enough? Whaaa?

- - - Updated - - -

They might be a Keemstar fan... ‘if there is no biting, it can’t be rape...’ idiots...
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I was just confused by Breccia's post:
    Oh, wait, she's 19? Then I totally paid to have sex with her against her will.
    The "against her will" when 19 doesn't makes sense, if she's a 19 year old prostitute. SO I thought he was maybe talking about a different situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just confused by Breccia's post:

The "against her will" when 19 doesn't makes sense, if she's a 19 year old prostitute. SO I thought he was maybe talking about a different situation.
    Now quote his very next sentence... wtf?

Edit: Do you think it’s a smart move, to claim that the prostitute you paid for, isn’t raped... because she is 19? Do you notice a problem with saying that? Any problem at all? Here... I’ll bold it...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-16 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Now quote his very next sentence... wtf?
    you mean this?
    Do the specifics of people you didn't rape matter?
    Well YES, the specifics of people you rape due to consent laws matters, especially if they are 18 or over. Because then it's not rape, but it could be prostitution or trafficking

I am in no way saying sex with that 17 year old (if she is 17) is not rape, just got confused by his post that's all
    Last edited by solinari6; 2021-04-16 at 11:20 PM.